• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

!~MAKO~! Fan CLub!

vizforte

The Memoriam.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2009
    This Fan Club is Dedicated to Mako, a Great japanese Actor, and voice actor.

Most of you may know him, via his voicing of the character Iroh, in Avatar the last Airbender. He also voiced Aku in Samurai Jack, as well as Splinter in the movie TMNT.

His career took off when he was cast in McHale's Navy, and then again when he was cast as Akiro the Wizard, in Conan The Barbarian, and then reprised his role in Conan the Destroyer. He was a large force in Asian American acting rights, having been acting during the healing from WW2 actions between America and Japan.

He died in Somis California, of (esophageal cancer). He was survived my his wife, and 2 children, as well as all his fans.

He was one of my favorite actors as a child, then a teen, and as an adult.

I make this Fan Club in memory, and respect of him, his acting, and the characters he brought to life.

If you wish to join, let me know. Please give a small writeup about which of any of his roles you respected.

Members

~Rose Reaper~

Thank you kindly, Viz. ^^

Last edited:

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    This forum is for Pokemon and Pokemon-related Fanclubs.

Since this isn't related to Pokemon in any way, I'll move this to the Other Clubs forums.

~Moved

Star★Seeker

→s t y l e ;
    Years
    Me join!!!
    The Role I Respect The Most:Iroh
    Iroh is one of my favorite characters, a wise, old, grief strikenn, tea loving uncle.At first a comical relief character, most of what you would have seen would have been comiccal scenes, but later on he becomes the mentor of his nephew, Zuko, who he thinks of his own son, and later in season 2 an allie to the Gaang and Toph, who he had shared a heart-to-heart earlier.

vizforte

The Memoriam.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2009
    Awesome! First person to join, besides me. lol. Your in!

Something you may find funny, Iroh was partially built from Mako himself, they just left out his smoking funtimes. He was a tea lover like Iroh. ^^

Back