• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shooting down any advice given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Since so many n00bs on here, are shooting down adivce, I thought i'd make a Thread about this.

1.) You're asking to get your Thread locked.
    2.) People will call you a n00b, and that isn't good.
    3.) Nobody is perfect, so take advice, please. Don't get us angry.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    lol just couse some people dont agree with the advice you give them dosn't mean there noobs

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    lol just couse some people dont agree with the advice you give them dosn't mean there noobs

Obviously you don't get what he means.

Its when you ask for help, & then shoot down every bit of help. THAT makes you a noob.

& dark, if this is SPAM, why the HELL did you post? Spamming a SPAM thread. Honestly.

Though this is somewhat pointless thread.

Arcknight316

left pc
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2008

Its when you ask for help, & then shoot down every bit of help. THAT makes you a noob.

& dark, if this is SPAM, why the HELL did you post? Spamming a SPAM thread. Honestly.

Considering isn't the same as shooting down.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021

yeh but about 80% of the advice given is just personal pref which dosn't help much

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    I'm sorry, but if people don't read the stickies, they certainly won't read this.

Pointless-yet-well-intentioned thread is pointless.

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
    Since so many n00bs on here, are shooting down adivce, I thought i'd make a Thread about this.

1.) You're asking to get your Thread locked.
    2.) People will call you a n00b, and that isn't good.
    3.) Nobody is perfect, so take advice, please. Don't get us angry.

amen itachi 2007 amen......

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Well, I won't get into this to avoid getting into trouble, but...

Regardless of if it's spam, I do have an opinion on this. first off, 80% of advice isn't personal preference. Experience would be a better word. Sure, I'd prefer to use CB blissey, but that wouldn't be so good...

But even it it was, it's no excuse for shooting down advice. If you disagree with the advice and say why, that's totally different. But making comments that aren't really true and often taking people out of context IS shooting advice down and is generally annoying.

It's just annoying to have people with suck narrow-minded views and nothing to back them up. With a bit of fact behind it, I'm cool. But otherwise...

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Actually I'd say 80% of the advice is the standard moveset for that pokemon.

yeh but just because it's the standard moveset for that pokemon dosn't mean it has to be the one used and just because people say no to it dosn't mean there shooting down the advice, if everyone stuck to it the advice you give then there would be no point playing pokemon against other people couse everyone would be useing the same 6 pokemon with the same natures/attacks/items/ev's etc...., and where's the fun in that

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    yeh but just because it's the standard moveset for that pokemon dosn't mean it has to be the one used

But it IS the best set. which is why it's standard.

and just because people say no to it dosn't mean there shooting down the advice,

We never said that. Certain people aren't backing up their disagreement with any solid factual evidence to support it. that would be shooting down advice.

if everyone stuck to it the advice you give then there would be no point playing pokemon against other people couse everyone would be useing the same 6 pokemon with the same natures/attacks/items/ev's etc...., and where's the fun in that

Um, we give sets for the pokemon they're using, and SUGGEST replacements. we don't say "Use skarm, bliss, Mence, Zam, Weavile, Suicune. you fail if you don't use those." We don't do that...just an example though. I mean, we make corrections, nothing more...and until there is some fact behind the decision, it IS mindlessly shooting down advice, no matter how you spin it.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    yeh but just because it's the standard moveset for that pokemon dosn't mean it has to be the one used and just because people say no to it dosn't mean there shooting down the advice, if everyone stuck to it the advice you give then there would be no point playing pokemon against other people couse everyone would be useing the same 6 pokemon with the same natures/attacks/items/ev's etc...., and where's the fun in that

The standards are standard for a reason. Why do you think nobody uses Wall Weavile?

Also, there are a lot of different Pokemon used in standard play, many of which can fill multiple roles. When you see a Garchomp, you don't know its build. It could be a Scarf Chomp and outspeed your sweeper, or it could be a Chainchomp and destroy your wall. And what happens if someone uses a UU? It's mind games like these that make the metagame interesting. Frankly, you sound like someone who's never played a real battle against a skilled opponent.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    well those are pritiy much the only replacements you o suggest why not try suggesting other pokemon and mixing it up a little i mean there are almost 500to choose from that way the wifi battles, win or loose, will be alot more enjoyable

First of all, end punctuation.

Um, what is wrong with suggesting the best sets? Isn't that kind of the idea? If the thread starter wants a novelty set or doesn't want the standard, we'd be happy to post one :/

and 500 what? Could you maybe specify?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back