• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sinnoh Journey Journal v.2 - Share your travelling stories

sez1992

Seeker of National Pokemon
Years
  • Platinum: Last battle at Galactic HQ.
    Pearl: At snowtemple atm, finding items and 'rare' pokemon.
    Diamond: Wont play until I finish Platinum.

FalconJoker

Joking with the Devil
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    Trading, breeding and battling on Platinum and waiting on Silver to come out.

sudden_hit

The Chikorita lover :]
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    Bought Pokemon Platinum today.

Started off with a turtwig, evolved it into a grottle after the first gym.
    Caught a Machop, traded it for an Abra and evolved it into a Kadabra (:
    Evolved my Starly into a Staravia, and caught a Ponyta for my fire pokeon, about to train her now.

-Tom

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    Today I decided to restart Platinum with a revised team. I started with Chimchar again, and I've just started to play. :)

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    May 24 2009
    I have just gotten my second gym badge and defeated Jupiter at the Eterna City Galactic building.
    (Her Skuntank KO'ed my entire team save for Luxio and Grotle.)
    Currently on the Cycling road on the way to Oreburgh City and then to Hearthome City.

Current team
    Grotle lv. 23
    Bibarel lv. 15
    Luxio lv. 16
    Staravia lv. 17
    Budew lv. 16
    Ponyta lv. 18

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
  • I ripped open the packaging on my Platinum on friday, and after quite the battle with the stupid cardboard wrapping and the cellophane, I finally shoved it into my DS and sat down oblivious to everyone, and everything, else, with my PorygonZ plushie Percy and my Mewtwo plushie Merry tucked under each arm.

I started it up, chose a female sprite called Bailey and set off. I went through the usual yak yak before choosing Piplup as my starter, and naming him Ethanol. As soon as I could trade, I sent 5 pre-prepared eggs from Diamond to Platinum and set about hatching them, nicknaming my pokémon as they hatched (can anyone see the theme?).

Ethanol, Piplup, Male
    Vanadium, Oddish, Male
    Carbon, Charmander, Male
    Propane, Porygon, Genderless (male ;))
    Lithium, Riolu, Male

I grinded my way to Oreburgh, gaining many levels and evolving Carbon and Ethanol before challenging Roark. We won easily, and, with our new badge, set off back to Jubilife. We ran into Looker again before heading North and making our way to Floarama Town.

After collecting the Sprayduck pail, some berries and healing everyone up, we sorted out Team Galactic in the Windworks as well as the meadow, sending Looker hot on their tail. I then started travelling to Eterna, and accompanied a girl named Cheryl through the forest, before entering Eterna.

There I ran into Barry, my rival, and he showed me a statue. He ran off somewhere, babbling nonsense, and I began to explore Eterna. I got the HM01 and am now grinding in preparation for the Eterna gym battle!

Current Team:-

Ethanol, Prinlup, level 18
    Vanadium, Oddish, Level 18
    Carbon, Charmeleon, Level 19
    Propane, Porygon, Level 17
    Lithium, Riolu, level 17

Until next time! Ozy x

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    I've been ev training and trying to find certain pokemon to fit into my team. I have 3 good solid pokemon that I know I can count on in a pinch but I'm looking for one more solid one. I basically live in the BT. That's where I train my skills as a trainer. I love double battles the most though. I want to collect the ribbons in the BT so far I only got one and that's the first one that palmer offers. I want the rest of them but I have to train harder and come up with better techniques. Until next time! :D

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    Current Team:-

Ethanol, Prinlup, level 18
    Vanadium, Oddish, Level 18
    Carbon, Charmeleon, Level 19
    Propane, Porygon, Level 17
    Lithium, Riolu, level 17

Until next time! Ozy x

You must be mean if Riolu hasn't evolved yet. :p

Anyhoo. I've been doing 1/3 training my team, 2/3 expanding my 'dex, mostly thanks to one cool dude on these forums (Thank you, Matzzz :) )

Leveling up a lot of dudes, breeding a lot more dudes. (My Ditto, who has never seen combat, is a higher level than my Staraptor, who has been a member of my team since we met on Route 201). In my quest for the best Skarmory, I now have 19 in my box. Someday I'll level up my Bagon enough for it to evolve.

Someday.

sez1992

Years
  • Was trying to catch giratina before but accidently killed it and stupid me forgot to save it before I battled giratina. So now I have started back to where I last saved it thankfully at Spear Pillar. Now I have to bet the commanders and then go back to Distortion World and catch giratina (again) :(

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
  • - Finished the Main Quest
    - Trying to fill in(just see) the rest of my Sinnoh Dex before I even think about going to the Battle Frontier; I like my National Dex and I want my Pal Park.
    - Captured some Legendaries

Current Team:
    Empoleon
    Machamp
    Giratina
    Garchomp
    Snorlax
    Hippowdon

Current Sinnoh Dex(Sight) Completion:
    167/210
    Almost there, just gotta get those last 33...ugh.
    Thank god I have this handy guide so I can look up the locations of them all.

sez1992

Years
  • Caught giratina with a master ball :( I had to..About to attempt to capture Uxie, Mespirt and Axelf. Then get my last badge and lvl my pokemon to 60's :D

Britney's Circus

Livin' In Sin Is The New Thing
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2009
    Currently playing Platinum and leveling Ponyta to around LV.25 and then i will battle the Grass Gym.

*Vulpix09*

Lost in thought...
    Years
  • Long posts...

I've long since stopped doing my old game, and restarted in pokemon diamond. I will be owning pokemon platinum shortly, and then will be diverting my attention through all 3 of my games: diamond, sapphire and platinum. I will use sapphire to catch pokemon which using diamond's pal park I will transfer to diamond and then to platinum. But before then here is my diamond adventure...

My Current Team:

Shadow/Empoleon (male) lv.52:
    Drill peck
    Aerial ace
    surf
    metal claw

Angel/Espeon* (female) lv.52:
    Last resort
    Thunderbolt
    Psychic
    Psybeam

Moonshine/Garchomp (male) lv.52:
    Earthquake
    Dark pulse
    Dragon claw
    Crunch

Whirlwind/Meganium* (male) lv.52:
    Petal dance
    Strength
    Giga Drain
    Magical leaf

Mystic/Ninetales* (female) lv.52:
    Solarbeam
    Flamethrower
    Ember
    Confuse ray

*I have action replay and was able to get these pokemon before the national dex and also teach them any TM move.

The Adventure:

I had made it to the top of the Veilstone Galactic headquarters. I had battled my way through several annoying Galactic Grunts who's sayings of "I will beat you with my tough pokemon" sent me into peals of laughter. Their pokemon were ridiculously weak and the slightest attack would make them faint. But now I had a much harder battle on my hands: Cyrus. The blue-haired lunatic leader of the Galactic organsation wanted to challenge me. So I checked my pokemon were healthy and took the challenge. Surprisingly, our battle went a little something like this:

Angel:Thunderbolt, bye bye Murkrow.
    Angel:Thunderbolt, bye bye Golbat.
    Mystic:Flamethrower, bye bye Sneasel.

I was very surprised. Our battle had been extremely easy!
    (I'm quite tired of writing so we'll skip over some boring bits. Basically then I battled Saturn and was victorious, Cyrus gave me a masterball, I bought lots of supplies from the Veilstone department store and made my way to Mt.Coronet.)

Once we were at Mt.coronet I used a master repel so I wouldn't be disturbed by annoying wild pokemon. I used alot of Rock climbing, surfing and other Hms, so my Hm slave was quite tired out at the end. I managed to obtain many useful items along the way, along with several tiny mushrooms! I am now near the top of spear pillar, where I will battle Team Galactic leaders, (including Cyrus again...) and hopefully capture Diagla!!

Updates later.

Quackyla

I like penguins and so do you!
    Years
  • Ahhh today is Memorial day NO SCHOOL! And I fineshed my sinnoh pokedex in platinum (alot of trading in pearl)!Oh yea I also need help I heard that in platinum you go to the day care after you finish the pokedex and talk to this guy but which one?

TFN

Blastiose fan XD
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    On Platinum I have bet Gardinia and on my way to Heathrome I stopped at the bottom of Cycling roan to catch a Gligar man are they nippy to catch it took me about 12 pokeballs and 4 Gligars in the end I managed to catch a male lvl 18 Gligar and called him Hudini.

Current Team
    Monferno-Daze-lvl 28
    MayoMayo-Machoke-lvl 28
    Hudini-Gligar-lvl 20
    Soon as I get to Heathrome I'm gonna get me an Eevee and evolve it into a Umbreon

Back