• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Thoughts on Hacking

Opinion of Hacking

• Hacking is awesome!

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Hacking is horrible!

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • I don't really care about hacking...

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burgers Rule

Garchomp want PIE NOW!
    Years
    What do you think of hacking? When I was younger, I did hack, but stopped and gave it up for good. Many hack all the time, others think hacking is horrible. What do you think?

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
    I only hack to get Pokemon that I can't get any other way...but I would never trade them and scam anyone. I just do it to complete the PokeDex.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    I only hack to get Pokemon that I can't get any other way...but I would never trade them and scam anyone. I just do it to complete the PokeDex.

Just yesterday I did exactly that because I didn't feel like taking a week to make an aipom apear for national dex, I didn't catch it I ran away I just needed to see it

Lone--Wanderer

Sequential Sequence
    Years
    I don't really care what people do with their Gamesharks and Action Replays; I can't change it and it doesn't bother me in the first place.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    I just wish that people who try to trade with hacked Pokemon will just go outside and smash their DS.
    I don't mind if its for having fun on your own, but some people like their traded Pokemon legit.

However the worst thing that is possible is to trade a hacked Pokemon, but saying to the recipient that it's legit.

Galla

Pokemon Artist
    Years
    I don't mind hacking although I never did it. However, I think I might just get an action replay for the sake of getting a Mew as I've been trying to get one for ages... So yes, I would hack but only for the rare few Pokemon that I'm dying to use but cannot catch. I mean, who in their right minds would hack for a Bidoof?

Twar3Draconis

Super Asian
    Years
    I only use my gameshark and pokesav in order to change Pokemon nicknames to Japanese ones. For some reason, Japanese input wasn't in Pokemon, but it was in Phantom Hourglass.

Years
    Hacking only bothers me when someone scams me a hacked Pokemon while claiming that it is legit.

As for battling with hacked Pokemon, it bothers me when a Pokemon uses illegal movesets or has maxed out IVs and EVs in every stat. I wouldn't want to fight someone like that.

I do tolerate hacking to a extent. I would hack just to get those event legendaries since Nintendo Events are retarded and I doubt I'll ever go to one since most of them are too far from where I live.

I also tolerate if a person hacks to get a one of a kind legendary with the right nature. A good example would be Suicune. Getting the ideal Suicune is almost impossible without hacking. Since you can't change the nature of Suicune in FR/LG, you are stuck with what nature you get. Also, Suicune's IVs are absolutely horrible due to a glitch.

Just don't hack your entire team because it would show me you are lazy. :/

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2008
    Since the release of Diamond and Pearl no Pokemon is impossible to get. So your excuse for cheating is now moot.

!gnition

DDRtist
    Years
    I personally don't hack because I want to beat the game legitly once at least before cheating.

Even though I don't support hacking, I wouldn't mind if anyone elses does it because it's your game and you should choose how you want to play it :)

Just don't fight me in the arena or something because I'll probably decline hehe.

badgerskunk

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2008

I personally don't hack because I want to beat the game legitly once at least before cheating.

Even though I don't support hacking, I wouldn't mind if anyone elses does it because it's your game and you should choose how you want to play it :)

Just don't fight me in the arena or something because I'll probably decline hehe.

I think personally this is sort of a chicken attitude. Obviously hacking is a moral issue, would it be ok for us to let the nazis do what they did without intervening because they should be able to "play the game how they want to play it" (I realize I am mixing "the game of life" with an actual game and its an extreme example but it does illustrate my point). No matter how many times people try to justify cheating all you do is cheat yourself and try to tell yourself your smarter at a game you really aren't because you cheated to beat it, its like my brother wears two undershirts to look not as skinny as he is but in the end he really is not getting bigger by wearing two undershirts. Prob im overblowing this issue I just get upset about cheaters because people who beat me a lot I think are often cheating and it is frustrating for people who try hard and work out their chest to look a bit bigger to get owned by double undershirts (I know the analogy is a stretch but it really isnt if you think about it). Thanks,

Badger

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Well for one, I don't mind cheating after beating the game without cheats first. Like with Pokemon, I cheat with my Gameshark, after I had beaten the game on a number of occasions. This was mainly used to get Pokemon I probably would not be able to access from events, seeing as I live in Australia and all. I always say to others that they are not legit. Sometimes cheating can be the easy way out, but hopefully people don't cheat too much, this can also ruin a game.

Years
    Burgers Rule means ROM Hacking, not cheating! -.-
    Anyway, I think hacking is great. I've always dreamt of making my own Pokemon game and now I can. =)

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    CrimsonDragon said:
    Burgers Rule means ROM Hacking, not cheating! -.-
    Anyway, I think hacking is great. I've always dreamt of making my own Pokemon game and now I can. =)

Well if this is about ROM hacking, then there is no need for this because there is already many threads on the same basis as this topic. Also if it is about ROM hacking then it would be under the ROM Hacking section not the Emulation Section. So I believe that this thread is about hacking in-game, otherwise known as cheating.

Hopefully that is what it is about.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Since the creator didn't make it clear if he means Cheating or ROM Hacking, I'll close this before people start posting offtopic things about what Burgers Rule meant.

Also, this thread was moved here from another section, if it was about ROM Hacking it should have been moved in the ROM Hacking section, but it doesn't matter now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back