• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Writer

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 11, 2008
I'm not really a writer but i've had this Pokemon story in my head I can't get rid of so im writing it down. I'm looking for someone to read it and check it for mistakes etc. and maybe to tell me if it's any good. i've only got 2 chapters so far and it's already pretty long (3179 words). Any thoughts?

txteclipse

The Last
Years
Welcome aboard. First off, I'd like you to check out all of the links at the top of the writer's lounge page (all the ones that say something to the effect of "grammar advice" and "fanfic writing 101" and the like). Reading those would definitely be a good start, and while you're doing that you might as well tell us a bit about your fic. Is it a fantasy novel? A romance? A mystery story? Once we have an idea of what you're writing, someone that enjoys the particular genre you've chosen may step up to the plate.

Now: I can't guarantee you'll get a beta reader, but this is a step in the right direction. If you don't get a beta reader, then don't worry too much about it. Just post your fic when you feel ready, and one of two things will happen: we will either a) leave it where it is and people will be able to come in and review it, or b) if we feel it needs some work, we will move it into the revision bin. If the second thing happens, it's not the end of the world: it just means you need to polish your fic some more before we can move it to the front page again.

Otherwise, keep at it, and show us what you've got!

Back