• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion for Fan Fiction Board

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    Sorry if this isn't the right place to put this, but the title said suggestions aloud so I went with it.

I was just thinking, since there has been a lot of bad/uninspired work put onto the Fan Fiction board recently, that it could get some sort of tool for Astinus to use (or any other mod) like how they do it over in Strategies and Movesets. A person wanting to submit work could send in a request for a new thread, a moderator could look over the story to see if it fits criteria for the board, then accept or reject the new thread. Accepted threads would automatically make it onto the boards, whereas rejected ones would have a PM sent to the author of the story, explaining why it wasn't good enough work for the board.

I realize that a lot of threads could be sent to her in one day, but it will clear up the board instantly and another mod could be added into the board to help Astinus with the work. (Jax and Silver are the ones that come into mind...).

I also realize that some users would be unhappy and flame the mod or person that rejected the request. Some kinks could be worked out of that, like some other user could review the story in question and give the author many key points as how to change his or her story.

Just an idea that came into mind, very sorry if this is the wrong place, hope staff members think about this. Thank You for reading my proposal...

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Sorry if this isn't the right place to put this, but the title said suggestions aloud so I went with it.

I was just thinking, since there has been a lot of bad/uninspired work put onto the Fan Fiction board recently, that it could get some sort of tool for Astinus to use (or any other mod) like how they do it over in Strategies and Movesets. A person wanting to submit work could send in a request for a new thread, a moderator could look over the story to see if it fits criteria for the board, then accept or reject the new thread. Accepted threads would automatically make it onto the boards, whereas rejected ones would have a PM sent to the author of the story, explaining why it wasn't good enough work for the board.

I realize that a lot of threads could be sent to her in one day, but it will clear up the board instantly and another mod could be added into the board to help Astinus with the work. (Jax and Silver are the ones that come into mind...).

I also realize that some users would be unhappy and flame the mod or person that rejected the request. Some kinks could be worked out of that, like some other user could review the story in question and give the author many key points as how to change his or her story.

Just an idea that came into mind, very sorry if this is the wrong place, hope staff members think about this. Thank You for reading my proposal...

That is already somthing a moderator can do

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Not really. PFF isn't set up to have moderated threads. It's one of those sections that are free like that.

Ben, I know you're trying to be helpful, but think about the people whose threads get rejected because they are low-quality. If they post shoddy work, then a reviewer can happen by and point out ways to improve. It helps them to grow, neh? If their thread gets rejected, then it's up to the mod to point out how they can review, and right now I do not have the time to do so. Besides, I would feel guilty if I rejected their thread before they get help.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    Ok, gotcha. I was just thinking of possibilities :)... guess I didn't add the human element.

Back