• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

History's Past, Present's Future

gatene

Pok?mon Professor
Years
    • Age 43
    • Seen Mar 21, 2005
    Well everyone, here's Part 1 of Chapter 1, I hope you all enjoy it. comments/criticisms, etc are greatly appreciated, and I hope you do so.
    Parts 1-4 are posted so far.

History?s Past, Present?s Future
    Part One, Chapter One: A New Beginning

Darkness enveloped a wasteland that was made completely of burnt wood and flesh, some of which still ablaze. Seven of them stood tall and proud inside a cleared area of a collapsed house.

?Imagine all of this green and filled with little houses.? A long haired woman said aloud to her friends before leaving.

The other six couldn?t even fathom what this land looked like before they were born. They were envious of such people that lived in it.

?Sabrina.? One of them stepped forward and said.

?Before you go, be sure you let them know who we are, so Gwen here won?t kill them on sight.? A slight chuckle escaped their mouths nearly the same time.

?Will do. God speed to you all.? Sabrina?s black hair and trim purple outfit began to slightly twitch as the wind picked up, when her eyes glowed a bright yellow. She then simply vanished.

<><><><>

The rays of morning sunlight shown through a window and landed onto a sleeping girl nearing the age of fourteen.

She grunted softly, turned over to her side, and pulled the covers over her head. Like any other day, she would leave the window open in case of any passing Pok?mon wanted to greet her, or in the worse case scenario be in any kind of trouble.

The girl giggled as she felt little talons land onto her blanket and their owner chirp softly into her exposed ear.

?Percy! Give me time to get up already, it is Saturday, I don?t have any reason to wake up so early.? The girl exclaimed while still giggling.

Her eyes opened slowly from under the covers, as the tiny bird Pok?mon pulled them off with its beak.

?You silly Pidgey. I could have slept for a couple more minutes.?

The brown-feathered Pok?mon tilted its head to look at her sideways, and chirped loudly once in the sound of its name.

?Alright, Alright, I?m up Percy, no need to get your feathers all in an uproar.?

Upon saying that, the Pidgey flew up onto her left shoulder and pecked her neck gently near the bottom, to let the girl know who it was.

?Wait a second, you?re not Percy.? The girl and the Pok?mon stared at each other for a second, before the Pidgey puffed up and all of its feathers seemed to have stood out.

?I know who you are Percy, I wouldn?t forget that easily.? She said while laughing.

The girl got out of bed, and her nightshirt showed her true feelings of all Pidgeys, by saying, ?I love Pidgeys!? In a large circle, accompanied by a picture of a Pidgey in flight in the center.

She headed towards her chest-of-drawers, and peered behind it, and grabbed what appeared to be a sack of some kind. She carried the monstrous striped sack over to the bed, untied it, and neatly spread the contents upon it.

?Here you are, I?m going to have to get you all some more soon.? The Pidgey chirped loudly again, and its friends all came in and joined him in eating their breakfast.

A woman much older than the girl with the Pidgeys came barging into her daughter?s room, and scared the Pidgeys off and out of the window.

?Ew, Nina! Don?t let those nasty things into your room; you never know where they?ve been??

??or what they might bring in.? Nina finished her mother?s sentence, while rolling her eyes. Her mother just simply didn?t understand the love she and the Pok?mon shared.

Nina?s mother stared at Nina for a few moments as if trying to decide if she should be punished for this act of insubordination.

Her long and untidy hair, gave the appearance of laziness, and her face shown a color of being trashed the night before. Nina was the exact opposite; Nina?s hair, although she just woke up, was more tidy, looked healthy, and her face alive. They did share the same jade-colored eyes and slender figure though.

?Well, I see that you are finally up. Today is the day!? The mother said in a voice that was close to shouting, and finished,

?Pack your bags. Your father is ready to go and help build the new Viridian settlement.? She said staring at Nina?s step-father, who was outside of Nina?s window preparing the car for a trip.

?What? I just woke up, and this is what you have to tell me? Mother, please let?s not go, can?t Chuck drive back and forth from work? Why can?t we just stay here?? Nina?s lack of understanding of the situation had shown her age thoroughly in her mother?s eyes.

?And he?s not my father, my father died by the sting of a Seviper!? Nina never liked for Chuck to be called her father, even by a stranger that didn?t know any better, but she was more forgiving for those few people out there in the countryside.

?Nina! Don?t you dare take that tone with me! We are in quite the predicament with our funds, and your father barely working, we just can?t make ends meet here. The Viridian settlement will decide whether or not your father will build the surrounding cities over in Kanto.?

Before Nina had the chance to retaliate, ?SPEE!? A Spearow flew into the window behind a frightened Pidgey.

?Huh? Percy, Gust attack!? The Pidgey flew around 180 degrees, and gave a look of determination towards the extremely aggressive tiny bird Pok?mon, Spearow.

The unkempt head feathers on the Spearow seemed to bristle out as it flew in fast to peck the Pidgey, with malice in its eyes. Percy, seeming to have full control over the situation, strengthened her wingspan, and swooped both together inwards, which caused a large amount of wind, enough to knock Nina onto her bed, and the charging Spearow into a tree directly outside, which gave Percy an instant K.O.

?Get this ANIMAL out of my face!? Screamed Nina?s mother, as she was waving her arms frantically, as if trying to shoo Percy away from her.

?This is yet another reason. Just look at your room now! Crumbs all over your floor and bed because of a senseless battle between two very nasty animals! On top of that, your posters are askew, papers flying out of your window, clothes knocked out of your laundry sack! Clean up this room! No, we?re leaving, gather your things. You have exactly 30 minutes to do so!?

By the time Nina?s mother gathered herself and slammed Nina?s door behind her, Percy was in the loving arms of a very excited Nina.

Nina looked outside at Chuck who wore a very wide smile and gave Nina a, ?thumbs up? for a job well done. She smiled back, and started to pack what little stuff she actually had into an old purple and green book bag of hers.

The house was completely empty by that afternoon. Chuck had already made several trips to take their stuff to the Viridian city settlement, and now all that was left was the three of them and some of their personal belongings.

Chuck and Nina?s Mom in the front seat of an old yellow 2-door pickup truck, and Nina in the back of the truck, watching her house and her friends disappear into the woods as they set off to the Viridian settlement.

<><><><>

Brantley, a boy that was just a few months older than Nina, was gathering firewood, deep into the forest between the Pallet and Viridian settlements.

Broad shoulders and a lean figure wrapped up in a red flannel shirt and heavy denim jeans; short brown-auburn hair, and blue eyes accompanied his appearance.

The firewood sat perfectly on his arms as he kept looking back at his Eevee that was hopping in the distance with a tiny sled attached to a blue collar that was around its neck.

?Eevee? it squealed every time Brantley did so, and Eevee was eagerly trying to catch up with him, but the sled would slow it down.

Grinning, Brantley would stop and let his Eevee get close to him, before setting off again.

The brown and white Pok?mon settled down in a nice patch of long-bladed grass, grew a face of determination, and began to glow violently, and hundreds of stars flew from its mouth at breakneck speed. The last star that flew out, the Eevee quickly hopped on to, and flew towards Brantley.

The wind felt cool running through its white mane around its neck, and it squealed just before slamming into the back of a piece of firewood. Brantley noticed what had happened, laid the firewood down, and knelt down onto the forest floor, and picked his Eevee up from the ground, and hugged it.

?See? I told you that you could do it Eevee. Now, you just need a little practice jumping onto one of the logs.? He said rubbing the Eevee?s head gently.

?Eevee? it exclaimed sadly as its ears fell limp to the side of its head.

Brantley?s gaze narrowed, and began to look serious, and then smiled and followed that with a hearty laugh.

?Eevee, you?re too hard on yourself, the sled slows you down, I don?t expect you to do it on your first try, it will take some practice. I?m not disappointed in you at all. I know if I tried, I?d miss the star each time, and probably Headbutt the ground, and have many more bruises than you. So cheer up.?

The Eevee?s gaze returned to Brantley, eyes lit up, ears fully erect, and licked Brantley?s cheek.
    <><><><>

The morning breeze was passing Brantley and his Eevee, and they came across a pack of Kecleon fighting. Eevee?s eyes were darting from one place to another at the Pok?mon that were disappearing and reappearing all over the place, and eventually got dizzy. One Kecleon in particular held out some sort of ball that it kept tossing to its reappearing friend. It took Brantley a minute, but he saw a small green Chameleon-looking Pok?mon jumping up and down as they started pass the ball again.

?It?s okay Eevee, we just need to keep on going, most Pok?mon just need to grow up on their own, besides the bigger Kecleons look like they must be the smaller one?s family.? Brantley exclaimed while looking straight ahead and kept on walking.

As they continued further, Brantley felt Eevee running on the logs above, and jumping at something. Eventually, a soft, nearly weightless puff of white something hit Brantley?s other hand, and he looked up to see a whole cloud of Jumpluffs were passing by with every gust of wind that flew past.

When Brantley looked ahead again, he nearly ran into a large, purple, and intimidating-looking Pok?mon.

Brantley and Eevee both froze, and Brantley gave a semi bow, and said, ?We ask to pass through here Nidoking.?

The bipedal Pok?mon looked at them with its massive stare, and it moved aside with a grunt.

?Thank you.? Brantley said as he came up from the bow, and continued on.

?All of this belongs to the Pok?mon!? I can?t believe they are just going to tear it down. Where will all of the Pok?mon go?? Brantley said heatedly towards Eevee, as their house was in sight, feeling that he should do something towards keeping the forest alive.

Brantley laid the firewood down onto the soft grass, near the large mounds of where Digletts and Dugtrios were living at, and noticed a note on the wooden door to his cabin.

?Brantley, I have to take a short leave from this place, and I leave the cabin to you along with all of my possessions. I have trained you well, and trust you to make every right decision with what you are faced with. Inside my cherry oak jewelry box, I have placed something for you that will help you with your journey as a Pok?mon Trainer. The rocket team will be in the area again soon, as they are the reason I left, you must flee also, you cannot stay for long, just remember, you can always call this place home, as long as you NEED it. ?Samuel Oak?.

Brantley finished reading letter, folded it, and placed it in his pocket.

gatene

Pok?mon Professor
    Years
    • Age 43
    • Seen Mar 21, 2005
    Part 2 of Chapter 1

Chapter 1, Part II: When Brantley Met Nina

She landed like a soft whisper onto an unfinished building, in a crouching position.
    Surveying the town, she stood tall, looking in all directions, green and black hair swaying with the slight breeze, her eyes flashing lavender.

Inside her slender purple suit, she took a Pok?ball out, and held it in her small and smooth hand, before releasing it onto the ground, and yelling her instructions.

?Alakazam? Sabrina shouted to her large bipedal Pok?mon, its tail twitching from excitement of being let out of its cage.

?Keep their path cleared, make them win each battle they face. They need not become discontent with their training. Remember, Alakazam, you cannot be seen, keep yourself cloaked.? Sabrina explained to her special Pok?mon.

Alakazams do not ordinarily keep their tails from when they were Kadabras. The only way that happens, is when they evolve from not being traded. Golems? shell stays gray. Gengar has the same face and body, but has no feet, and stays suspended in the air. That is just to name a few.

She then left as quickly as she came, and reappeared over a forest, nearly invisible, save for the blurred motion that made up her body when she made the slightest move. Her body leaning forward, giving the appearance that she could fall at any moment, her hair giving the very impression that gravity was holding on to that hope.

She peered onto Brantley and his Eevee, while Alakazam was over a highway, watching a young girl in the back of a yellow pickup truck, keeping the same appearance as its trainer.

?Kazam? it sighed, wishing there were more it could do.

?I know Alakazam, I enjoy all this fresh air too, but our time needs these two people. Please hold on for a bit, we will reveal ourselves when they are alone.? Sabrina telepathically spoke with her Alakazam.

<><><><>

Nina?s face was sodden with dust and boredom. She practically made an art of watching other travelers on the road that would ride behind Chuck; she?d just stare at them with an emotionless face, never flinching when they would peer back at her.

She never dreamed that this day would come. She always thought that her mother was blowing steam, from her father?s sudden death. He had died while in a trainer?s battle.

She could picture the day of her father?s untimely death. It was a day somewhat like this day, except the smell of stewing Shitake mushrooms hung thick in the air. The forest in the background surrounded their battlefield, so did other Pok?mon from the forest, herself, her mother, even her father?s friend?s daughter was there too.

?Go baby! Get that Mareep; show him why God took the legs of snakes!?
    Nina gave a half smile from her mother?s lack of religious knowledge.
    Her mother?s voice was full of life, and her appearance was neat and motherly.

The match began; her father?s friend?s Mareep knew Dig, and dug a hole under the ground.

?Seviper, go into the ground, and get away from it.? Her father commanded the solid black snake Pok?mon.

Mareep?s sound of digging grew closer to Seviper, and shot up from the ground, spreading soil all over the place. The dirt was caught into its tight matted coils of wool, and tiny static sparks emanated from them.

?Seviper, come out and Poison Sting attack!? Her father gave his last command.

He didn?t know where Seviper was, and in turn, the Pok?mon was only obeying its trainer as it shot up from the ground, and in mid-air, gave a hiss, and large shards of white solid venom shot from the Seviper?s mouth, accompanied by the hissing sound of its name.?

Everyone stood silent. Nina?s father collapsed. Nina?s mom was the first to react, and ran towards her fallen husband, and spilled the Shitake mushroom stew in turn.
    That was Nina?s last Pok?mon battle, but his last breath was taken a week later in a nearby hospital, after softly rubbing Nina?s cheek, wishing her the best with her Pok?mon.

?Pidgey? a faint chirp was heard, which startled Nina, and caused her to jump from the bed of the truck.

Nina?s face lit up for a moment and looked around her, using her hands to push herself up from the back of the cab of the truck. She was once again disappointed, and went back to counting each bump Chuck would hit on the numerous dirt roads they veered onto, her eyes welling with tears once more, and began to chew on a lock of her hair. She quickly spat it out as the dust on her hair nearly made her gag.

?Pidgey? It was heard again.

This time she saw her bag shaking and hope was still within sight. She nudged her purple and green book bag of hers, to see if the sound would reiterate.

?Pidgey!? This time the chirp was more like a wail, and her bag was shaking violently.

The drawstring was fastened tight to the mouth of the bag, which she quickly fixed, and a tiny bird Pok?mon came crawling out, wobbled onto the bed of the truck, and flew into the air to live with its rediscovered freedom.

?PERCY!? Nina yelled, but the sound was sufficiently muffled by the wind, to keep her mother from hearing.

Percy?s eyes were alight, at seeing her friend, and quickly flew into Nina?s arms, and they embraced each other.

Nina held the Pidgey at arms length, and set her down on the bed of the truck.
    Feeling that she could never be happier, she threw Percy into the air, and watched her soar back down onto the bed of the truck, feeling amazingly envious at Percy?s freedom to just fly around at will.

?I still miss the others, Percy.? Nina stated to the Pidgey, which was now scratching her brown and white feathers with her beak.

?Pidgey? She chirped happily again.

?Yeah, I know Percy, I have you.? She smiled back at the small Pok?mon.

<><><><><>

?Hmmm, which way should we go, Eevee?? Brantley stated while standing in front of his and Samuel Oak?s log cabin, which was used for Brantley?s training.

?Eevee!? It squealed, running to the western direction of the cabin.

?Hmmm, the Viridian settlement, huh? Alright then, I guess we should go.? Brantley said aloud. Leaving the choice to Eevee, only seemed like the move to make, because he had no idea where to go, and it could make Eevee feel better about missing the logs with her, ?Freeze Star? trick.

Without looking back, Brantley and his Eevee walked off out of sight in to the forest that lead to the Viridian settlement, carrying nothing but themselves, some money, a keepsake from Samuel Oak, and a square item bag with various necessities within.

?You know Eevee?? Brantley began, practically thinking aloud, but his Pok?mon was listening.

?Eevee? it answered.

He looked down into his heavily worn hands, at the keepsake his friend left him, in an old jewelry box. The cerulean blue stone glistened with the light of the sun, which shone in majestic rays through the forest?s ceiling of trees and their leaves.

?Samuel was very kind to us, I want to look for him, and not rest until I do. Would you go with me? It will be a really tiring trip.? He looked at his Eevee with a vivid smile, knowing Eevee would be overjoyed at the idea.

At this news, Eevee began frolicking and playing with the many Rattata that were in the forest, which would scatter into the forest upon seeing Brantley moving closer towards them.

?Eevee? The Pok?mon proclaimed, with its ears limp on the sides of its face.

?Oh, I?m sorry Eevee. I know, I?ll sit right here, until you have had your fun with some friends.? Brantley said with a sincere face.

Eevee quickly ran deep into the forest, as happy as ever.

Brantley lied onto the forest floor, hearing the sounds of the Pok?mon all around him; some drew close to him, but ran away at first movement. He pulled out the keepsake which he earlier returned to his pocket, and held it up to his attentive face. He knew at once what the stone was, but the decision on using it, would be easier said than done.

The water stone which he held would make Eevee evolve into a Vaporeon, and every good trainer knows, that once a Pok?mon evolves, their personalities change, and Brantley loved his Pok?mon just the way she was.

?Vaporeon! Hydropump!? Brantley said in his mind, to try and somewhat soothe his aching heart, at what he might need to do one day.

A long battle between his Vaporeon and a wild Mawile went on in his mind. The Mawile used bite several times, but Vaporeon took the hits, nearly absent-mindedly, and followed them all with surf and Bubblebeam attacks, depending on the Mawile?s position.

?Pikachu? A voice came from behind, and broke his concentration, but surprisingly didn?t frighten Brantley. He craned his neck to see a small yellow mouse Pok?mon, complete with large red sacks on his cheek, and a gentle face. The Pikachu?s tail, which blended from brown to golden yellow like the rest of its body, was planted to the ground, which told Brantley a storm must be coming.

?Eevee? Brantley called out, as he began to jog closer to the Viridian settlement.

?Come on, Eevee, we need to go.? He yelled once more.

?Eevee? The Pok?mon sighed behind Brantley when she caught up with him.

?Good, we need to hurry.? Brantley said as he broke out into a run.

?Eevee? She stood still, opening her mouth to let a herd of yellow shining star-shaped projectiles fly from her mouth.

She seized one of the last stars, by hopping onto it, and flew at a high speed towards Brantley. Large raindrops were falling like apricorns from a tree caused by angry Tailow, swerved in every direction, and seemingly toward the Eevee. She dodged each and every one of them with a quick swish of her hips. She didn?t have much time to react to the trainer that was running at a much slower pace than she was flying. She leapt up, and grabbed onto Brantley?s left bare forearm, and swung herself up to land safely onto his shoulder.

?Wow, you?re getting good at that Eevee. After the storm, why don?t we celebrate?? He asked while panting. He didn?t know the half of it, the fox-like Pok?mon thought to herself. All of her midnight training finally paid off.

?Eevee!? The Pok?mon replied, followed by nuzzling on his wet cheek from the rain that was now beginning to drizzle on them.

The drizzle didn?t last long, it was soon pouring upon the both of them, and they were forced to exit through the forest onto the side of the highway, so they wouldn?t slip and fall from all of the mud.

They passed a family of Nidoran that were protected by their Nidorina mother aloft the trees, which was watching them apprehensively. The younger Nidoran backed up slowly, into their mother?s back paws. The Nidorina did nothing to Brantley or Eevee, but would soon regret her forgiving nature.

<><><><>

Rain was pounding the bare bed of the yellow pickup truck, and its occupants were covered by a thick graying blanket, that Chuck handed to them from the sliding glass door in the back of the cab.

?Oh god, I hope we?re almost there, I?m getting soaked.? Nina protested against the rain.

?Pidgey? Percy chirped agreeing with Nina.

The vehicle stopped, and Nina hurled the covers off of her and Percy, in hopes they were already there, only to see a boy with a wet red flannel tank top, brown hair, a pair of blue denim jeans, and an Eevee perched on his shoulder, trembling with cold.

?Thank you ever so much sir and ma?am.? Brantley said as he hurriedly ran to the back of the truck, and slung one foot onto the top of the tailgate, and the other followed suit. Brantley?s hair drowning with rain, closed his eyes from accumulating some in his eyes, and rapped on the side of the rusted yellow pickup truck, to let Chuck know to continue on the trail.

Nina shot one hand out from underneath the blanket, to let Brantley know she was willing to share the blanket.

Brantley took the invitation thankfully, and settled Eevee between his Indian-style crossed legs, and looked over at Nina.

?Wow! I?m sorry ma?am, I?ll leave now.? He said upon seeing the person letting him in was a girl. He could never allow himself to sit so close to a girl nor a woman that wasn?t relation in some way. Yes, he was old-fashioned, but it still didn?t feel right.

He started to crawl out of the blanket, laying Eevee on the bed of the truck, just as Chuck started to get at a good speed, before Nina held onto his collar, and dragged him back down. Eevee, who was moved by Nina before jerking Brantley back down, was looking happy having a Pok?chat with Percy.

?What are you dong? You?ll get soaked out there.? Nina said, looking cross at Brantley.

?I am sorry, it just didn?t feel right. My name is Bra??

?I know who you are, I have seen your coming, and I know why you are here.?
    Nina said with a twinge of malice in her eyes, trying to get the point across to her newest victim, while looking into his eyes.

?You did? You?re psychic?? Brantley asked confused and yet disbelieving.

?Nah, I was just kidding around with ya, what?s your name?? Nina said with a hearty laugh.

?So your name is Bra, huh? It?s an odd name, but then again, you did grow up in a different region than me.? She said facetiously, barely holding back a large bellowing laugh from her own joke.

?Brantley is my name, and that is my Eevee.? He explained, and found nothing funny about her comment, as he was too wet to take a joke at all at the moment, but forgave her all the same.

?Eevee? The Pok?mon squealed as if introducing herself.

?Well, I am Nina, and that Pidgey there is Percy.? Nina explained, pointing Percy out proudly.

?Pidgey? Percy exclaimed to follow suit with Eevee.

?Isn?t that a female Pidgey?? Brantley asked curiously, wondering why this girl would give such a name to a female Pok?mon, even if it were a Jynx.

?Yeah, she is. I uhm, named her before I saw any of her vitals.? Nina retaliated, feeling slightly offended, yet mostly embarrassed.

gatene

Pok?mon Professor
    Years
    • Age 43
    • Seen Mar 21, 2005
    Part 3 of Chapter 1

Chapter 1, Part III: Rocket?s Notion

The rain had finally subsided to a light drizzle, and then stopped completely. Nina and Brantley both noticed it, and pulled the graying black blanket from over their heads, and the sunlight hit them both in their faces, causing them to flinch.

Nina looked over at Brantley, after noticing that their Pok?mon were asleep, and asked, ?So, you?re heading to the new Viridian City settlement?? She had hoped that Brantley would be her first friend here, being that they just left not too long ago, from her life-long home. If Brantley would become her friend, then she could possibly be happy at the new Viridian Settlement. Though Percy would do nicely, she wanted another Pok?mon-lover with her, so she could learn from him or her.

Brantley was searching through his light brown item bag, for some food that he had brought. ?Yes, I am. My friend, with whom I trained most of my life, left suddenly, leaving only a note, and a short explanation.? The subject was still heavily on his heart, but he knew that Nina didn?t know any better, and so he gave it no further thought.

<>
    ?Some Pok?mon are looking for friends Brantley, and others, feel as though they are too tough for friends, but want a tough trainer to make them even more powerful. Then there are those who are too tough for friends, and don?t want anything to do with trainers. In light of that, what would you do, if you came across a wild Tauros?? Brantley began to think, staring into space.

?I would throw a heavy rock at it, and call it Bruiser!? He childishly mocked Samuel Oak. After all back then he was only 10 years old. The thoughts continued to roll back into his mind like a very old reel movie, and the sound quality wasn?t that better either. The bumps that Chuck would hit, caused most of it, but he wanted to reminisce some more.

?Okay Brantley, There we go, a perfect time to catch a Pok?mon. Try that Sneasel.?
    ?No, no, no, Brantley, you can?t do that, you must first weaken the Pok?mon, then catch it.?

?Alright, now that you have finally caught a weak Eevee?? That was Brantley?s proudest moment of his entire life. His first Pok?mon, and it could evolve into one of five different Pok?mon.

Samuel Oak didn?t seem to be all that pleased, for the Sneasel would have been a greater Pok?mon to train Brantley with.
    <>

Nina saw that he was daydreaming, and began to stare at Brantley. Her usually small jade-colored eyes, were now humongous, and wouldn?t leave Brantley?s face.

Brantley noticed this, and quickly jumped, his eyes were of different content also; they were in a dreamy state, accompanied by a small smile.

Brantley found the plastic bag that he started to look for nearly 5 minutes ago, and it was filled with circular red berries that he had recently picked, and began to snack on them, and showed the bag to Nina, offering her some.

?No thanks.? Nina replied. ?One thousand seven hundred and twenty-eight? She said almost immediately after hitting a rather large bump down yet another dirt road, feeling as though she could share the boring experience that she had, so he could understand.
    The pothole that Chuck had hit was rather large, and a few of Brantley?s berries had hit the bed of the truck, and rolled toward Percy and Eevee.

?Huh? 1,728 what? Are you counting the number of bumps that the driver has hit or something?? Brantley asked bemused, but forced the laugh back into his throat, with the Berry that he just put into his mouth.
    <><><><>

Brantley got up with a swift motion, stretched for a moment, and headed for the tailgate, when he suddenly felt his foot fly up over his head, and fall face first into the edge of tailgate, impaling his cranium.

?Kazam?, the Alakazam blurted, shaking its head, and moustache flowing in the breeze from up in the air. His premonitions haven?t shirked for a moment for over 100 years of life. Psychic energy fading from his body, and his tail once again starting to twitch, as if it were laughing.

His eyes began to glow an eerie green, and so did the Eevee, but neither Nina nor Brantley noticed this.

?Good job Alakazam, you serve me well every day.? A welcoming voice sounded through Alakazam?s mind.
    <><><><>

The scenery of the edge of the forest that Brantley and Eevee were traveling in, began to recede, and intricately blend in to a large clearing, by way of the trees thinning out, and the thick forest following an uncut path along the edges of the clearing.

?Yes, it got quite boring on the trip, until you came along to keep me company.? Nina answered as they continued to look around both sides of the truck, to see construction equipment shut down on the sides, and inside of dug foundations. ?It might be quite fun here, I mean there is a whole forest, just like back home.? She thought to herself, more of deluding herself than dictating the truth.

?Pidgey? Percy exclaimed, and looked at Nina before she took flight, and flew into the forest.

?Eevee? The other Pok?mon squealed upon hearing Percy take off. She hopped to the side truck, giving no thought to the constant bumps that Chuck was hitting, and stood on her hind legs, ears limp by the sides of her face.

?Don?t worry Eevee.? Brantley said, offering her a berry. ?She?s just going to look for food, take a few of these, and before you know it, Percy will be back.? Eevee took the berry from Brantley thankfully, and squealed again, and took the berries that were scattered onto the bed of the truck, like Alakazam commanded her to do before jumping into Brantley?s lap.

?So, your friend, why did he or she leave?? Nina asked as they were climbing out of the truck finally, and taking a much needed stretch. She felt that this might be a touchy subject, but she thought she?d ask, in case he needed to talk about it.

?I?m sorry Nina; I do not wish to talk about it.? He said after taking a much needed stretch.

?Alright son, take care.? Chuck said meeting him on the side of the truck that he climbed off from.

?Thank you once again sir, now I just need to find a place to change into dry clothes.? Brantley continued with Chuck, feeling his chest down to his stomach to test the extent of the dampness.

?Well?? Chuck started, thinking heavily about what he was about to say and ask. It has never been in Chuck?s nature to take so quickly to anyone, especially to a boy that his stepdaughter has taken a somewhat liking to.

?Well, the visitor?s center is just over there, and the bathrooms are plenty big to change in.? Chuck stated while pointing to his right and to the left of Brantley, towards a rather large gray concrete building, with a bland cr?me-colored roof. His voice was becoming high pitched, only knowing how many stares he was going to get from his wife, Caroline, upon asking Brantley what he wanted to.

?I appreciate it sir.? Brantley gave a half bow, feeling grateful to Chuck, Caroline, and Nina for the ride. He then felt sad as he began to walk away, he didn?t really want to take this journey alone, but asking them if he could tag along until he found some trace of Samuel Oak, would feel like he was imposing himself on them, and that was completely out of the question.

?Uhm, son?
    ?I?m sorry, my name?s Brantley, sir?
    ?It?s OK; you can call me Chuck by the way?.
    ?Alright then, Chuck. You wanted to ask me something??

Chuck thought hard on how to present the question. Offering a space with Nina in a tent would not only look wrong, but anything could happen between the two. Chuck took a deep breath, and with out thinking, he just blurted it out, waiting for some sort of look, or worse, a smack on the head from Caroline. ?Brantley, do you have a place to go? Our tents have more than enough room for two or more people, and currently, Nina is the only one in her tent. Would you like to stay with us for a little while, until you can get to wherever you are going?? Sure enough, a deep viridian colored look shot directly at Chuck from Caroline, boring into his mind.

Eyes widening, and mouth gaping, Brantley did not know what to think. A perfect stranger was offering him a place to stay. Even though it was in a tent, it still kept a roof over his head, and food in his stomach. ?You?re thinking too fast Brantley. He didn?t say anything about food.? He fought with himself, before he got too happy.

?Wow, I would love to Chuck, thank you.? Was all he could mutter as he walked on to the visitor?s center, feeling goose bumps from meeting three wonderful people.

<><><><><>

?Wow? Brantley thought to himself, looking ahead at the massive building, and clean glass doors. ?Whoever this Viridian guy is, he sure is wealthy and has good customer service.? He said aloud for no one to hear.

Brantley walked on in through the first set of automatic sliding glass doors, paused, and looked to his right, and read aloud.

?George Viridian, born on August 2004, was brought up in the surrounding forest. His parents both deceased when George was at the age of 14, and he decided to one day, build an enormous city within the small clearing of the forest in memory of his parents; dubbing it, ?Viridian City? and the surrounding forest, ?Viridian Forest?. Winning various Pok?mon battles with trainers in the outfield, and large events in championships, George Viridian was starting to make his dream come true. Keeping in mind the welfare of the Pok?mon within Viridian forest, he chose the location carefully, and decided on a large circumference of area on the outskirts of the clearing, this building being the exact center.? The smooth black setting on the gray marble read with pride towards its founder.

Taking in that information, and crossing over into the next room, shielded by yet another set of automatic sliding glass doors, he discovered a large circular desk in the middle, littered with colorful brochures of Viridian City. Brantley was easily able to tell that George Viridian loved the earth, because the walls of the visitor?s center looked like that of a mountain?s insides; the occasional small round window up high on the walls, where the walls and the ceiling intersected at magnificent angles.

No one was behind the large paneling-laden counter, so Brantley took it upon himself to explore a little, searching for the restrooms. He knew when he went down a particularly long hallway, with 3 doorways artistically etched into the mountainside, and a small blue sign to the left of each doorway, that bared the symbol of the gender and typed in Braille underneath, that he explored the right place at first sight.

Brantley went into the restroom, which was rather roomy, and laid the large brown item pack on to the green marble counter that contained about five or six sinks. Directly behind him were the showers and toilet stalls. Upon gathering his clothes from his sack, he hurried on into the middle stall, the first shower.

His soaked flannel tank top was no easy feat to take off, but eventually managed to do so, revealing just how much he was in shape.

?Eevee? His Pok?mon?s squeal echoed from what sounded like the entrance to the bathroom. He knew that Eevee has seen him with even less clothes than this, but not completely undressed, and so, he kindly asked his Eevee to wait where he was.

<><><><>

?Aah, Lieutenant Vermillion, how are you today?? Asked a tall and gangly man clad in filthy typical work clothes. The man that was speaking was George Viridian, the founder of Viridian City. He thought it not above him to help the others with the building of his city. The blueprints lay before him on a non-sturdy lumber table, held down by the top halves of two ancient gray Pok?balls. He felt that it was an honor to be visited by another founder of another nearby city.

Vermillion City wasn?t too far from Viridian, and as it would be, the Lieutenant was also the gym leader of Vermillion City.

?Rai ai ai, Raichu?, an oversized mouse stood and said aloud, trying to get his trainer?s attention. The brown-skinned Pok?mon stood there, yanking on the overhang of his trainer?s camouflage shirt. The Lieutenant looked every bit the part of someone coming back from the military; a freshly shaven head, scars, chiseled chest and stomach, which were bare, and complete with a rugged look, followed closely with a deep voice.

?Aah, I see you have evolved your Pikachu, Lieutenant.? George said without giving any thought to it. The construction of his city usually kept him up at night. The way he saw it was, the less distractions, the better.

?Yeh, I did, I cuddin do wit a baby anymore. Baby Pok?mon are fo losas.? He said in his deep northern accent.

Lieutenant Vermillion thought exactly and only that. He aimed for Power, and that?s all he would expect from his Pok?mon as well.

?Yeh Raichu, wad is it?? the Lieutenant said aloud, noticing his Pok?mon?s persistence.

?Well, I bedda head off, mah Raichu?s gettin? hungry.? He said after a long and incoherent chat with his Pok?mon.

The Lieutenant and his Raichu set off walking towards Vermillion gym, with a little wave from himself and George Viridian.

George was still soaked up with his work on the City. ?Erika from Celadon, Daisy from Cerulean, Serge from Vermillion, Blaine from Cinnabar Island, Claude from Pewter, Koga from Fuchsia, No one from Saffron, Viridian, Lavender Town, nor the Indigo Plateau.? He said, trying to figure out the names of the gym leaders of the existing surrounding cities.

?Well, once I finish the city, and build a gym, I suppose I could run it. Yes, my company could sponsor it. Rocket Ingenuity Gym.? He said, sounding and looking satisfied, and a grin smirked over his face, his sleek black hair glistening from the hot sun. He then continued to work, while occasionally glancing at a picture of his wife, which he took from his beat-up Seviper skin wallet, which he placed back into his light brown work pants.

?I?ll pick you up tomorrow Delia dear, and we can have all the time in the world to discuss this Pallet town of yours, and the future of our unborn son? He started to think to himself

?Brendan is still a better name than Ashley.? He continued to think, while his pencil grazed his lips ever so often from making some adjustment to the old blueprints, which he had since his days in college as an architect.

?I am finished!? George shouted, but no one heard. He didn?t care, he held up what he thought was a masterpiece, to his face, looking for any last minute changes he needed. Various parts of the blueprint glared back at the sun that shown directly above him, reflecting onto his face. He couldn?t get rid of the constant habit of looking at his most recent mark. A large red ?R? occupied the lower right-hand corner of the shiny sheet of paper.

gatene

Pok?mon Professor
    Years
    • Age 43
    • Seen Mar 21, 2005
    Part 4 Chapter 1

Here it is finally, and I am now in the making of an outline for part 5 of Chapter 1

Disclaimer: Peachblossom isn't owned by me, it was borrowed from Spectreon's and AzureFlygon's story, "Dawn of a New Legacy" , which is definitely a must read!

East and West wars is owned by Hitboywith22s.

All permissions were granted before the writing of this particular part of History's Past, Present's future.
    End Disclaimer

Chapter 1, Part IV: Branches of Doom's limbs

?Peachblossom, emerge.? Sabrina commanded.

A large unicorn-looking Pok?mon landed on the ground in front of Sabrina, pawing the ground hard, as if readying itself to charge. With a mane of roaring flames that stretched down to its rear, it neighed loudly, causing some nearby Pidgeys to take flight from the forested area in which Sabrina occupied.

?You need not to get riled up Peachblossom; we are now in a different era of the world. It is peaceful here.? Peachblossom heard in its mind, causing her to become calm.

It was nearing sunset, and the forest took on a reddish tint to accompany the sun. Various flying typed Pok?mon littering the air from the ruckus.

Sabrina looked around in the sky above her, thinking to herself, ?Yes, we are in a different era. The vegetation is all thick and moist. The Pok?mon have yet to even become separated into different regions. I do not need to get content with this; I have a mission to complete.?

?Peachblossom, I am here to bring back four warriors to fight in the East and West War. This is a different time, where the war has yet to travel to, but will eventually do so. I am going to ask you to battle with two trainers here, but you must not kill their Pok?mon, alright??

The Pok?mon neighed to verify that it understood.

?Now, we need to go to Viridian City, which is just over that way, and set up a tent.?
    ?Team Rocket isn?t even around yet.? Her last thought sounded in her mind, as she remembered what a dreadful day it was, to leave her daughter?s side as a corpse, and her granddaughter believing that she was deceased. She had to leave for the past, to get her Alakazam and her Rapidash, making a huge riffle in time, but swore to make it all right, once the war was over. Team Rocket was the cause of it all, and she?d love to put a stop to them, right away.

?I must be around four years old now, and causing a massacre in Saffron City.?
    She continued thinking, with the background on either side of her blurring as the Rapidash made haste to get out of the woods, and into the Viridian settlement.

She held on tight to the reign on Peachblossom, and leaned forward to keep from getting hit by any branches. Any show of psychic powers would cause tension and eventually panic in the people of Viridian.

?Slow down Peachblossom.? Her Pok?mon heard once again in her mind. ?We are nearing the clearing, and we need to give the appearance that we come in peace.?
    The Rapidash obeyed and slowed down, to a soft clop upon the forest?s floor of leaves and sticks.

They reached the clearing, and immediately headed to a nice clear spot, to set up camp.

<><><><>

?My Giovanni, I come with news.? A short man clad in gray approached the mayor?s tent, and softly spoke. ?Giovanni? was a title given to a man within the Rocket Team who was the leader in that day in age.

?We have successfully captured the Oak man, and he is now in our custody.? The man was standing no more than 3 feet away from a large solid oak desk, neatly covered with stacks of paper in midst of the blueprints for the city, and surrounded by various copies of the blueprints, with marks and scratches, which hung over most of the tent?s ventilation openings.

The man stood there and removed his hat to reveal a slick body of wavy black hair, before George burst out, ?What! I said I wished to talk to him, not for him to be captured. You imbecile, how could you possibly misinterpret such ridiculously easy instructions? Rocket Ingenuity isn?t about theft; we are exactly what our name says.?

By this time, George was about ready to leap from his desk and strangle the now terrified man, who was ebbing his way toward the adequately small attached exit of the tent.

?Actually sir, we are The Rocket Team, remember?? The man spoke aloud, hoping to deter George?s thinking. On the contrary, it had no effect on George?s anger whatsoever.

?You lead me to him, NOW!? George shouted at the man.

?BANG? a gunshot was heard from the distance.

?I totally forgot! We?ll have to postpone this. I have a party to host tonight. Now, you will take Samuel Oak out of confinement, and apologize to him until he gets as angry as I am. And, you are to tell him to visit me here in Viridian City.? George carefully annunciated each word, as if he were talking to a child.

The man bowed in respect, allowing two locks of hair to fall down over his forehead, which annoyed George even more. George jumped over the desk, and pushed the man through the exit and out onto the ground.

<><><><>

Brantley was now rejoined with his Eevee, talking and laughing among themselves, as they were heading back up the steep slope leading to the campsites. Still walking, they came to the top of the slope, and noticed a change in the scenery; tents of every size and color littered the ground around the foundations.

Third tent on the right, in the row directly in front of him stood Chuck and Caroline. Caroline obviously wasn?t speaking to Chuck, but Chuck was steadily giving out instructions for Caroline to follow in building the tent.

?Hold that pole steady, while I wrap this around each of them.? He said carefully, with an expression of sorrow on his face.

Chuck was then facing towards Brantley when he was affixing the tent wrap around the farthest pole from the front of the tent. ?Brantley, you?re back!? He said delightedly.

?Great, you can help Nina with hers and your tent.? Chuck finished with a glance at Caroline and then became solemn.

Fifth tent on the left stood Nina, with Percy carrying an edge of the tent?s canvas in her beak. An overall strap hung loosely to Nina?s side as she fixed it back on for the umpteenth time.

?Need help there?? Brantley asked curiously, surveying Percy?s strained cries to hold the heavy canvas in the air.

?Brantley? Nina called to him joyously with a smile upon her face.

Percy let go of the canvas with a sigh of relief, and the canvas corner hit the pile with a soft plump. ?It?s okay Percy; I told you that you didn?t have to do that.? Nina giggled.

Brantley was now dressed casually with jeans and a black sleeveless shirt, and gave a clean appearance. Nina glared at him with surprise, ?Wow, you clean up nice. Okay, what do we do first??

Brantley walked over to the tent, and began pointing, pushing, and pulling. About 30 minutes later, they were finished building the tent. Brantley had lots of time learning how to build a tent with his journey to learn of Pok?mon.

By this time, Chuck and Caroline were finished with their tent, and were already inside of it. Brantley and Nina did the same.

To Brantley?s surprise, the tent was rather roomy, which made up for its lack of height, which made Brantley duck when he walked in and out, and in the lower parts of the tent.

The tent consisted of four doorways which zipped up in an arc shape. There was also a large divider to separate two rooms, which also zipped in an arc.

?It would be nice to walk around in the forest a little bit, and come back for the festivities.? Brantley thought to himself, feeling how he could possibly get away from Nina long enough to do so. ?No, she would probably want to come with me, I should ask her.? A last thought crossed his mind.

Nina had already set up her sleeping bag, and plopped onto it, and began to write in her diary. ?Nina, would you like to go with me into the forest, just to walk around a bit?? He asked her, standing underneath the highest point in the tent, with both hands in his pocket, and Eevee atop his left shoulder.

Nina left a period at the end of the last sentence in her diary, and looked up at Brantley, her jade-colored eyes reflecting the last bit of sun that seeped through the vents of the tent to her right.

Brantley shifted a little, and caught himself staring at Nina. He quickly turned away, and got back on subject once again, ?Would you like to go for a walk in the forest??

Nina smiled at him, looking as though there wasn?t anything else better he could have ever suggested.

?Yes, I would like that.? She said, but in a nonchalant tone. ?What?s his plan? Are we going for just a walk? Or does he have some kind of ulterior motive? Why am I worrying? Percy will protect me.? She began to say to herself, before shaking her had, ?Who am I kidding? Percy couldn?t even hold up an edge of a tarp. Oh well, I?m going with Brantley, I trust him?Completely.? She ended her thought with that, and got up, using her right leg for support, and dropping her diary onto the floor followed by the pencil she was using to write with. In a quick motion, she grabbed the two objects, and stuffed them into her book bag that was idle in the corner of the tent, and went outside to where Brantley was waiting.

?Mom, Chuck, we?re going for a stroll to find Percy, we?ll be back in time for the festivities.? Nina yelled to her mother and Chuck, who were now seated in a large collapsible loveseat, each side accompanied by a canned drink.

?Alright Nina, you two be careful.? Chuck yelled back, ?Ouch! What was that for?? Chuck said aloud to Caroline, who had hit him rather hard in the ribs with her elbow.

?Them, that?s why, they?re going off alone into the forest, to look for some Pok?mon!? She was nearly shouting, but ended it before her voice became any louder. Her daughter was the only thing she had left from a completely happy life; not that Chuck didn?t make her happy, but she was thoroughly happy with her late husband and Nina. She could let just some, ?boy?, to take the last thing away from her joyous lifestyle.

?Well, I am sorry that I want my step daughter to have fun Caroline. I realize she is your daughter, but I too care for her, and I trust her.? He said taking a sip of his beer, and setting it back into the holder of their burgundy loveseat.

Caroline was taken aback. She had never heard Chuck speak that way about Nina before, nor did she know they were even close to being that close. ?I trust Nina too Chuck, but telling you and her about how I feel, could make myself sound selfish.? She thought. ?Alright, I?m sorry. Now, let me kiss and make it better.? She said before they both were laughing, trying to fend each other off, and making the first kiss.

?Oh brother, let?s go before I get sick.? Nina said to Brantley, before they headed into the forest.

<><><><>

?I am sorry my Giovanni.? A man clad in gray stood in the attached doorway?s entrance. The sun shining behind him, making him weary to the eyes. ?I was told this, this morning from a messenger. I quickly checked it out myself, and she was not seen by anyone.? This man was different, he was dressed in gray like the other minions of the Rocket Team, but this one didn?t wear a hat. His hair was extremely thin, black, and receding, and his voice was deep and commanding, that of a leader.

?Have their bodies been found?? George asked the man, tears welling in his eyes, and his face struck with horror.

?No sir, Delia wasn?t found after she miscarried the baby, and the doctor?s left to leave her to grieve in peace.? The man said in a bow, with a smirk across his face.

?Good, then there?s a chance she?s still alive.? George proclaimed, but still held a worry look on his face. He quickly got up, and hopped over the desk, and started to head out of the tent, thinking, ?My poor Delia, she must feel so much pain and misery right now, I must be with her, to grieve with her, and to put an end to it, together. d@mn! Why did this have to happen? She was so happy about Ashley. I was so happy about Ashley. My son?is?dead.? At that moment, his tears were no longer held back, he was rushing out of the door way, with tears bellowing out of his eyes, and large but short shrieks accompanied the tears.

?No, there is no chance she is still alive. I didn?t want to tell you this?but?? The man began to stammer, but with cruel intentions.

?Dammit! Spit it out, you should have told me everything, you piece of ****!? His rage wasn?t unexpected, for the man knew, the madder George became, the easier it would be to end his life.

?There were footprints found in the hospital. Footprints made of blood, and they led out of the hospital. The forest surrounding the hospital held no sign of blood or a disturbance.?

George stopped in his tracks, his back still turned towards the man. George held his stance, and in a moment?s time, he collapsed onto his knees, crying uncontrollably.

The man stood his ground, a large grin formed upon his thick lips. A sinister coxcomb-like laugh could be heard among George?s weeping. The man wasted no time to reach into a back belt loop of his uniform, to retrieve a gun among his Pok?balls, cocked it, and pointed it directly at George?s back.

gatene

Pok?mon Professor
    Years
    • Age 43
    • Seen Mar 21, 2005
    A Little Bit About My Fic

No reviews? No readers? Comments, Criticism, suggestions, and questions are gladly accepted concerning the fic.

A little bit about the fic:

Sabrina, the gym leader of Saffron city, has now grown to the age of 35. She was believed to be killed by the ever-growing Team Rocket. She has escaped into the past to retrieve some of her Pok?mon, and went back into the future, to fight, only to be sent on a mission to gather at least 3 more warriors.

Team Rocket is the leading factor for the west side of the East and West war, and they will stop at nothing to obtain world domination. Powerful generals of Team Rocket are sent to different time periods to take a better hold on this goal.

Which leads us to the present of my fic with Nina and Brantley. Sabrina has come to their time, before the threat of Team Rocket has come to it. Sabrina's search will be over in part 5, and so will Team Rocket, or so she believes.

So, if you like what you read here, read what I wrote in the first 4 parts.

Gatene

Back