• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen MonoType Challenge for R/B/Y

.:God:.

Hiding in the silence...
Years
  • Pokemon MonoType Challenge
    *~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
    Hello, this is .:God:., and I think this will be a cool idea and a challenge to all the Pokemon R/B/Y players out there, ROM or not.

The basic rundown is that you get to choose a type of Pokemon. You then start a Pokemon Red, Blue, or Yellow Gameboy game. You begin playing, find a Pokemon of the type you chose, catch it, and play with only the type of Pokemon you chose.

For example: If I chose Fire type, I would choose Charmander as a starter. I could not use any other Pokemon, except for other fire types like Ponyta.

Here I go:

Grass Type: Taken by HarryBlue5
    Poison Type: Taken by Ramengan
    Fire Type: Taken by .:God:.
    Flying Type: Taken by Parabolic
    Water Type: Taken by Kip
    Bug Type: Taken by Pink_Lopunny
    Normal Type: Taken by Torture Skull
    Electric Type: Taken by ~*Kanto*~
    Fighting Type: Taken by Big-Davey

You must have at least 1 Pokemon of the type before you battle Brock. Remember to post about your progress! Everyone may stat their challenges!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Sep 6, 2008
    I'll choose normal type but i won't start until tomorrow i might record it on youtube Rattata FTW

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    It goes against every single strategic plan I've ever made with the games, but go on then - I'll go with water. :) (Hooray for reckless impulses!)

Hiding in the silence...
    Years
  • All of you are accepted. Tell others about this, we need more members before we can start.

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2011
    Without water, I take it you'd be allowed to have a Water-type (or someone like Rhydon or the Nido 3rd stage evos) in order to Surf?

I'll pick Fighting, if that's OK? My first participation in a forum event, can't wait. I'll naturally use Yellow so I can choose Mankey and play the game with him.

Hiding in the silence...
    Years
  • Yes, Big-Davey. HM Slaves are allowed. Not allowed to be raised, though.
    Fighting type.

Ramengan

16-foot Poliwag
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2011
    I choose Poison.

Is there a limit on party size? Some challenges I've seen limit it to 3 of the type, and the rest are empty or HM slaves.

Hiding in the silence...
    Years
  • Ramengan- no. There is no limit. You can have as many Pokemon as you want, and low-level HM slaves.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    All of you are accepted. Tell others about this, we need more members before we can start.

Maybe a userbar for all participating sigs? ^^ Also, is this a race or are we all just trying to complete it?

Hiding in the silence...
    Years
  • Actually, yes, this is a race. It will be started when all types are chosen. So... can you make a banner? I saw you made the RDRR bar, which is pretty sweet.

Parabolic

wutizdisiduneven
    Years
  • Well... it'll be difficult, but I'll go ahead and take the Flying spot. Do dual types count as well?

Hiding in the silence...
    Years
  • @Torture Skull - You can start again when all the types are taken.

@Paradolic - OK. Also, Dual types do count.

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Sep 6, 2008
    Just wondering if I should do vids of just Gyms and Elite Four or the whole thing? any help

Back