• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon PLay-As-Gary-In-Yellow Hack (Actual name undecided)

What should the hack be called?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 27, 2011
Hack Name: <Undecided>
Hack Of: Pokémon Yellow

Story
You are finally old enough to get your own Pokemon, when your stupid grandp, let's him take the Pokémon you want. You shove him out the way and take the Poké Ball yourself. Woo-Hoo! It's an Eevee. Ha! He gets stuck with a crummy Pikachu! Time to battle him, and thrash him in the leagues. With people like that as enemies, who needs friends?

What will you do in this hack?

I am going to replace Red and Pikachu's Spites with Blue (Better known as Gary) and Eevee, and Blue's sprite with Red's. Then I will adjust the text and the plot to show Blue's side of the story and the path he chooses. Well? What are you waiting for? Stop reading this and thrash that stupid Rival of yours!

Features
Wasn't the 'What will you do in this hack?' part good enough for you? Well, her's the features section. To those who want a small short list:

:t133:Play as Blue/Gary and recieve Eevee as a starter, who will follow you around.
:t026:Red/Ash is now you're sworn rival, with his puny Pikachu, he better get prepared to be THRASHED!!!
:t052:Catch all the Pokémon you couldn't catch in Yellow!
:t136:Have a wider choice of evoloution path!
:t134:Eeveeloutions will be more balanced (possibly)
:t135:View more about the plot and what really happened to Blue in the plot. Choose his path, he's too lazy to do it himself!

Downloads
None yet. But there will be some soon.

Last edited:

Harry Blue5

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 27, 2011
Honestly, I had the same sort of idea for a while. I assure you it's a coincidence. Sorry if it takes any attention away from your hack... and you are a VERY fast replier by the way.

Harry Blue5

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 27, 2011
T has a hack named Pokémon Gary edition. I suppose he must consider this like an old version of his hack. Can't say I really blame him, though. The plot is similar.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
kinda a rip off of my hack...

i don't agree w/ this. Plus, urs is a fire red hack and his is a yellow hack. It's a coincicence, like he said. That would mean Zel is copying every other GSC remake, basically...

Harry Blue5

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 27, 2011
Thanks someperson, for backing me up.

Wow, I thin this hack's gonna be popular. It was made like 1 minute ago and it's already got about 5 replies.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Heh, I'm fairly sure this has been done before, but that aside, you need to add more to the plot or else this thread will be closed.

Harry Blue5

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 27, 2011
You will actually be able to change the ending of the game and all stuff. I am planing to add more Yes/No options in the main text, which will, in it's own way, edit the storyline itself!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
You will actually be able to change the ending of the game and all stuff. I am planing to add more Yes/No options in the main text, which will, in it's own way, edit the storyline itself!

i like that idea. do that

Harry Blue5

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 27, 2011
Also, does anyone have a table for the text? If no one does, I'll gladly find one myself.

Back