• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My projecto to draw 'em all

lemurkat

Obsessive Artist
Years
  • My mission is to draw-'em'all.

Now almost 50% complete!

And there's plenty more where those came from!

For requests, trades or commissions of the remaining Pokemon, please contact me. These are almost all Pokemon Art Cards - the same size as a regular TCG card and many have found homes around the world.

Charizard EX

Charizard EX
    Years
  • Nice, You've the potential to draw them perfect, But draw the actual pokemon, you can easily do that. You made a real monkey for a mankey. But still, good!

lemurkat

Obsessive Artist
    Years
  • I like to add my own little touch to them - prefering to base them on real animals rather than just copy the official art. Plus my stuff is just... whimsical and quirky.

I'll be able to post the Pokedex link soon - just gotta get me up to 15 posts! For now, here's some of my bigger illustrations.

These are all based on Aesop's Fables and other popular folk-stuff.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • That Magikarp card is my favorite one here! It's awesome.

I really like your style.

My least favorite here would either be "Mankey" or "PokeKids Playground." Really, I think you take away from Mankey when you turn it into a monkey, since its purpose is to be a pig-monkey. Talking away from some of these things turn them into cartoon animals, rather than the Pokemon tey are. The PokeKids Playground is well colored, but the line art seems really shakey.

Anyway, keep up the good work!

lemurkat

Obsessive Artist
    Years
  • When you say "shakey" what exactly do you mean? The perspective is off? Just wanting a definiteion so I know what to work on next time!

Kat

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • When you say "shakey" what exactly do you mean? The perspective is off? Just wanting a definiteion so I know what to work on next time!

Kat

The figures just seem really crooked. It may have been the style you were going for, but it didn't quite settle with me.
    Most noteable is that Togepi. The spikes on the head and the shape of the feet don't appeal to me at all.

I like the details in the picture, though as I said, it just didn't settle well with me.

lemurkat

Obsessive Artist
    Years
  • Yes Martianoddity, I do! I'm currently stuck on the hoppip line...

Kat

The figures just seem really crooked. It may have been the style you were going for, but it didn't quite settle with me.
    Most noteable is that Togepi. The spikes on the head and the shape of the feet don't appeal to me at all.

I like the details in the picture, though as I said, it just didn't settle well with me.

I see what you mean, especially regarding the togepi. The Cleffa looks a little flat too. That's the problem with multi-character pieces - I rush to finish them without making the details quite right. The little boxer dude isn't quite right either, nor is the baby wobuffet (I always forget its name). Too rushed, I reckon ^^

Still, everything is a learning experience, yes!

Kat

Last edited:

Suzume

Fire Fist
    Years
  • I really love these! You have your own, unique style, and I like that in an artist. (Unlike me, who doesn't have any personal touch at all) I like it how colorful every drawing is and how there's so much details in them. I'm bad at drawing backgrounds, so I appericiate if somebody does use more time in them. My favourites are the Swellow and the Magicarp pictures, but I do agree that some of the pokekids, especially Cleffa, look a little weird. Maybe it's because Cleffa has some kind of nose and bigger hands that it doesn't seem so round and cute as usual. But keep up the good work! :)

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    These are amazing.

Especially that one.

Even though the Pokemon don't look exactly like these drawings, I like what you're doing with them.

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2012
    Wow, awesome! I really love your style, it's very unique, and certainly brings out the best in the Pokemon you draw!

I can't wait to see what others you draw, your art is amazing! :)

lemurkat

Obsessive Artist
    Years
  • Thanks all for the comments and critiques! I am more confident - and better, at drawing the animalistic Pokemon than the more stylised/astract (ie: "round ball") ones and I apologise if those seem a little weird. My inspiration comes from the "realistic" pokemon artists such as AnnaJ on deviantart. I am not up to her realism skill, but do have my own overly-whimsical style. I also appreciate that I am not to everyone's tastes! If we were all the same, the world would be boring indeed ^^ I will endeavour to work on proportions and perspective, but can make no promises about not adding quirks like noses and fingers to pokemon that don't have them!

Anyhow, thanks!

Kat

Flaps

<Insert awsome line here>
    Years
  • Hey! I really like you style. And the colouring is just perfect. I actually quite like the mankey one because I've always thought of mankey being more monkey-like. My favourite is the swellow one I think. I love the shading on the tail and wings! Anyway I can't wait to see some more of your work!

~Flaps

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
  • ... :o
    Your style is very unique. It looks like something you'd find in a children's book... I love your work. <3

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2008
    Wow, Great work, and such a unique style. I love them. Do you have a website with your work on, if not you should!
    Keep up the good work.

Z.

Back