• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Competitive Offensive Team (Platinum)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years
  • EDITS ARE BEING MADE. BLARGH! >:O

dpiconani485.gif
    Ani479OMS.png
    Ani373MS.gif
    Ani245MS.png
    Ani145MS.png
    Ani212MS.png

Introduction

Okay, as a last update from my last team "Bait and Sweep" it was... incredibly successful. Heracross' slot was basically the only wishy washy change, I changed from this to that, but yeah. It was great, but in the middle of it's ladder run, Platinum changes suddenly graced the scene. Not saying it failed, but when the metagame gets pumped with so many new additions, it's tough to think of how it'll do. And frankly, I haven't thrown it into the fire yet. D: This team has some members from it, revamped. So you could easily say it's Bait Sweep through a Platinum dry cleaner. (Or Rotom Washing Machine, haha)

This team was drafted off pure theory, rust, and "team builder's block". I haven't been battling at a usual rate, nor have I been diving into the Platinum metagame oh so much. As much as I want to get my feet wet, I've just been watching. (Seems kinda sad) This really could use your help, especially those that have actually taking a swim in the Platinum ocean. My mind is like "Ew, think about building a team? I'd rather think about ponies" :| (Not really, but you get the point) And now that I'm a moderator of Strategies & Movesets, I can just shut up any horrific rates. I don't want to hear any "Offense sucks" this time around, okay? Just remember, I'm an offensive player, if you suggest "oh, you don't have walls, add a physical and special wall" Just take it elsewhere for Arceus' sake. I don't want to deal with it, please and thank you.

When I made this team, Anti gave me the idea to theme it around Greek mythology. And speaking of mythology, I mainly enjoy reading about Chinese and Japanese mythology, which... mainly people surprisingly don't know about me. So taking what I prefer and Anti's idea of mythology, I built this team around Chinese Mythological creatures & deities. I've always enjoyed a fine read on these creatures and they're based of the ones I think they fit flawlessly with. If you must make changes, by all means feel free, I'll find something to fit it. So don't worry about messing with the theme and that jaja. And when you're rating, I encourage you to back up why something must be altered or changed, it's your job to persuade me as to why it's a better move for the team. Think about it yourself, does your change provide more pros... or cons? Just give general smart rates, or frankly any feedback would be lovely, I'd just like to get this team off the ground running and in the right direction.

Team

Spr_4p_485_s.png

• Rui Shi :: Heatran
      • Stone lions, mainly referred to as Chinese guardian lions, were sheer protectors with mystical powers that stood in front of important Chinese temples, palaces, etc. Protectors of many, these stood proud and fierce, guarding entry.
    • Item: Choice Scarf
    • Ability: Flash Fire
    • Nature: Timid
    • EVs: 4 HP | 252 Special Attack | 252 Speed
    • Move set:
      • Fire Blast: 180 BP move, thanks to STAB of course, is nothing to sneeze at. Even a 10% burn rate, it's no Lava Plume, but you never know when it might sneak in and become all that more useful to a situation. It's powerful, and with Flash Flare, it's burning fruits all night long. Helps against Scizor as well. I'm thinking about Overheat here, simply because of the in and out nature of Heatran, but I'm not exactly sure as to what that would provide. Yes, more oomph of course, but is it necessary? Your opinions would be lovely on this.
      • Earth Power: Earth Power is a staple move on any Heatran, it provides such reliable coverage. (Such as Heatran, Tyranitar, Infernape, etc)
      • Stealth Rock: I recently had a battle with Statichu, a new face around these waters, and I went against my judgment and switched Heatran out instead of going for Stealth Rock. And you know what? It was late in the game and Zapdos came in 1 vs. 6, Zapdos proceeded to Thunderbolt its way to almost an insane comeback, but Dugtrio came in. (Bait and Sweep Team had a Choice Scarf, so no LO) And if I had SR support, it would have fainted on impact, and I might MIGHT have had a 1 - 6 comeback (Boy, that would've been one hell of a Battle Log, comeback from all my mistakes in that game, wow, but no, didn't happen.) And it made me release how much I've neglected the fact SR plays such a vital role to my offensive teams. I've cared less and less about my own entry that I've shed away from opposition entry too. Just amazes me how Stealth Rock is such an incredible move, given oppurtunity, even if it's on a Choice Scarf Pocket Monster. A 25% entry tax on opposing PocketMonsters weak to Rock-type is a beautiful thing. Of course other moves like Explosion could work here, but many of my sweepers love that help entry fee on my opponent.
      • Hidden Power [ Ice ]: Without this, Salamence could have a field day and with its "new found" popularity, I just simply need Hidden Power Ice to take care of Dragons and the like, it's pretty much a given at this point.
    • Description: "If you can't beat 'um, join 'um" Heatran is literally on every single Platinum team out there, it's insane. I wouldn't be surprised if it surpassed Skymin is statistics for usage. I've had this type of lead (with a here and there on the EVs) for a pretty long time, it works. And I've used just about every Heatran in the book. (A Pocket Monster that has been on most if not all of my teams, actually) It provides enormous resistances and immunities which is music to my ears. With the blooms of Heatran, Dugtrio are also on the rise. Heatran does so much for this team, I can't really afford to make mistakes with it. And if my opponent does bring in ScarfTrio, damn, I hate that. And I can't replace scarf for Shed Shell. :/ Heatran and Salamence are a wonderful combination. Opposing Scizor & Lucario, which are also... everywhere meet Salamence intimidate and that really sets up Heatran to come in, not only is it weakened by one stage of attack, the opponent probably won't Brick Break /Close Combat a Salamence (But who knows, I've seen it) And Heatran can then check off those guys, or proceed to slaughter them. Heatran also loves to help out Scizor with Flash Fire. I feel it does so much that I might want to remove it from lead, but unsure who would exactly take its place. Timid gives it the ability to outspeed the ever-annoying Skymin, and it does wall the common SubSeed variants. But anyway, it's a valuable Pocket Monster to this crew and it works, simple as that.
    • How it relates to Rui Shi: You know those statues you see in front of historical or important Chinese structures? Those signify Rui Shi, or Chinese guardian lions. It relates to them because it starts off the battle, just like how they start at your entry. As mythilogical protectors these beasts are also similar to Heatran with it's useful ability to switch in and abuse it's resistances and immunities.
    Spr_4p_479O.png

• Nezha :: Oven Rotom
      • Nezha was more or so like a childish infamous trickster of Chinese mythology. A deity that is often shown wearing a ring of fire.
    • Item: Choice Scarf
    • Ability: Levitate
    • Nature: Modest | Timid
    • EVs: 4 HP | 252 SpAtk | 252 Speed
    • Move set:
      • Trick: Trick is a fabulous move. Blissey thinks it can wal-- WHAM, it's all of a sudden given me lefties and they're on speed. So many Pocket Monsters can't function properly due to a well timed trick. Although it is a bit "eh, Rotom, here comes a trick" It's all about waiting for a prime moment, I guess. Overall, useful move that can restrict something and force my opponent's hand, which I love to do.
      • Overheat: Overheat, the specific move to Oven Rotom, covers such an array of threats it's unbelievable. Metagross, Lucario, Skymin, Scizor, etc. (all of which are very common) Sure it might not be the most stick around and fight some more move, but it can get the job done in a turn, surely.
      • Thunder Wave: I put Thunder Wave over Shadow Ball for a creature that loves switching in on my little Oven, Heatran. It drools at the sight of Overheat, and on some other sets, Will-o-Wisp. So predicting an ever-common Heatran switch in, it gets shut down completely by Thunder Wave. Not only is it stopped, working with 25% of its speed, it has one move to select from. This makes it much less threatening and Scizor's ability to rip through the opponent's team just got better. It provides support for the team, even if it is kinda speedy. There are definitely other options availble here. Such as Reflect or Will-o-wisp. (For things such as Tyranitar)
      • Thunderbolt: Only STAB move of the bunch, but it gets the job done. Either Shadow Ball or Thunderbolt? (In other words, other Rotom & Azelf or Gyarados) Ultimately, I selected Thunderbolt for Gyarados and company because it can be a bit troublesome if I misplay it. (I always thought it was funny the new Rotom have a speed tier of 86, Gyarados with 85.)
    • Description: Probably the member that's most suspect to change, specifically the moveset. Currently, I have the basic Rotom set. Anyway, another set I've been thinking about is a "Reflect, Discharge, Shadow Ball, Overheat" set by Juuka, in the Smogon Rotom-H Discussion. It provides some support and takes care of the mentioned gang. I also like Thunder Wave on the current set as it can nullify the tricked Choice Scarf.
    • How it relates to Nezha: the "trickster" of Chinese mythology fits its move Trick perfectly. And well Nezha's story fits it in a way. His mother had been pregnant with Nezha for three years & six months. When Nezha was finally born, it was simply a ball of flesh. The father struck it with a sword in anger. Nezha poped out fully grown, kinda like an oven pizza! :D ...Ahaha.
    dpmfb373.png

• Qīng Lóng :: Salamence
      • Otherwise known as the Azure Dragon of the East. "Pure dragon" translated.
    • Item: Life Orb
    • Ability: Intimidate
    • Nature: Mild
    • EVs: 252 Special Attack | 252 Speed | 4 Attack
    • Move set:
      • Draco Meteor: An incredibly powerful STAB move that hits from the special side of the spectrum, able to dish out huge chunks of damage. Also, it seems in battles with MixMence I find myself OHKOing Gliscor more than anything, heh.
      • Fire Blast: Numerous steels can ruin a Salamence assault, Fire Blast takes care of them with relative ease. It's a powerful move, may not receive STAB, but it's strong enough to carry the weight anyway.
      • Roost: Promotes Salamence's longevity and keeps it around longer to sweep and mess other Pocket Monsters up with.
      • Brick Break: Doesn't need to hit much, the EVs aren't designed to really hit Blissey because other party members smack it cold. Could hurt some Heatran thinking they can wall the special attack, though. And hits Tyranitar rather well.
    • Description: It's no surprise that I have a Salamence on my team. But it's funny, Salamence's DD, BulkyDD and Choice Band sets are getting so much love that MixMence is a bit... under the radar for the moment. It's typing offers wonderful resistances and pairs with Heatran quite well. Aforementioned dealing with Scizor & Lucario excellently. The array of moves it can slaughter the opponent with seem endless. I could put Roost in there for longevity, but there really isn't a huge need, nor am I really sure what it's more important than. Intimidate still plays a lovely role in my offensive teams, as always. I replaced Outrage & Earthquake with the good ol' Roost & Brick Break. Seeing as Aquilae suggested to drop Outrage as the locking isn't really helping. And Brick Break can offer some help in breaking screens which are quite common these days, from what I've seen.
    • How it relates to Qīng Lóng: A legendary constellation in the sky, kinda like how it finds a way into my teams, always there. I felt Salamence also fit the "Pure Dragon" translation, even if it's flying. Salamence still has pure dragon destructibility.

dpmfb245.png

• Shenlong :: Suicune
      • Shenlong was a spiritual dragon in Chinese mythology that controlled wind, clouds and rain. A color of blue that changed making it incredibly difficult to see it. A dragon with such a power to make farmers praise and opposition pay.
    • Item: Leftovers
    • Ability: Pressure
    • Nature: Bold
    • EVs: 252 HP | 252 Defense | 4 Special Attack
    • Move set:
      • Rest: Providing full recovery at the cost of two turns of sleep is pretty good. This removes pesky status that may be directed at other team members, making Suicune quite the status absorber. Suicunes skyhigh health and defenses speak for themselves.
      • Sleep Talk: The assist to Rest, giving Suicune the ability to attack or set up during sleep, also giving it the ability to switch in on Yanmega or Gengar Hypnosis. The only miff with Sleep Talk is my forgetful nature of how many turns Rest has been in affect, I can miss an opportunity if I sleep when I'm awake. And teams never like that, but something I can bounce back from? Definitely.
      • Calm Mind: Gives Suicune the ability to boost its defensive and offensive capabilities through the roof. Even during those turns asleep. This makes Suicune scary good, and many players don't like a CMing Suicune without an immediate remedy.
      • Surf: Reliable move and points, along with STAB, Surf is a knockout.
    • Description: The ever-awesome, Crocune. I've actually never used it before. Many people that know me expect a speedy LOCune (Which I do switch into this team from time to time to keep things tricky, these sets aren't set in stone by any means.) It just seems like this thing never faints. It's ability to set up and just flood teams is awesome. Yes, it doesn't like Tuant users like Gyarados and such, but I have others to take care of those. And Water Absorb / Dry Skin Pocket Monsters laugh at this set, but fortunately I can play some mind games with them and still set up, then they might not suspect I have just Surf, but eh, not like I could do anything. It'd probably give me a free switch over to someone else just toying around with them. But other than those problems, it does a wonderful job. Absorbing status and recoverying wounds given, while stating up in the mean time. Surf then goes haywire over almost everyone.
    • How it relates to Shenlong: Suicune is a vital creature to this team, just how Shenlong was to the Chinese people. Shenlong had the power to make Chinese people fear it's neglect or to offend it. Just like Suicune, if you neglect it's ability to destroy and allow Suicune to set up, it'll flood your team like no tomorrow.

dpmfb145.png

• Zhū Què :: Zapdos
      • Known as the Vermilion Bird, this is another one of the four symbols in the Chinese constellations. It's associated with fire and its appearence & behavior is elegant and noble.
    • Item: Life Orb | Expert Belt
    • Ability: Pressure
    • Nature: Modest
    • EVs: 4 HP | 252 Special Attack | 252 Speed
    • Move set:
      • Hidden Power [ Ice / Grass ]: On one hand, we can hit more dragons more, such as Salamence, Dragonite and Flygon. Yet with Grass we can hit Pocket Monsters such as Swampert. I'm leaning towards Ice at the moment due to the dragon popularity, but not exactly sure. Still, Ice provides some excellent coverage. Yet with Heat Wave it has use for Grass, tough decision.
      • Thundershockbolt: What? No Thundershock for Beachy? That's amazing. :O Seriously though, STAB Thunderbolt, just another staple move on a staple Pocket Monster.
      • Heat Wave: The electricity Zapdos gives makes heat, thus why in Platinum Zapdos got an incredible new and useful move. Now Zapdos obviously has the ability to rip through various Steel-type Pocket Monsters, such as Lucario, etc.
      • Agility: Gives Zapdos the ability to outspeed even more threats. From testing, this seems like an iffy slot for some odd reason. =/ I could replace that for Roost, but it's what works for the team better. Speed or Longevity here?
    • Description: With some ever-helpful Stealth Rock support, unprepared teams get a dose of medicine they wish they never saw coming. Zapdos' sweeping capabilities only increased with the introduction of Platinum. So far, it hasn't been performing as well as I hoped, but I think that's just jittery battles, and maybe once we establish a feel for the team, it can work out. Anyhow, the array of coverage Zapdos has is lovely and always welcome. Not much else to say, this Zapdos work really well when played correctly.
    • How it relates to Zhū Què: The Vermilion Bird, representing the summer season relates to Zapdos to me due to Zap's new Heat Wave toy. Just like summer, the heat is a major problem, just like it is for many top tier Pocket Monsters such as Skymin & Scizor.
    Spr_4p_212_m.png

• Xuán Wǔ :: Scizor
      • In other words, the Black Tortoise. This is yet another symbolic creature from the Chinese constellations.
    • Item: Choice Band
    • Ability: Technician
    • Nature: Adamant
    • EVs: 252 HP | 252 Attack | 4 Defense
    • Move set:
      • U-turn: STAB & scouting gives Scizor the ability to aid fellow team members. It can really ease some prediction.
      • Bullet Punch: Best. Platinum. Addition. Bullet Punch is sheer love giving Scizor the ability to destroy so many things it's not even funny. Lovely priority.
      • Superpower: Obliterates Blissey & incoming Heatran, need I say more?
      • Pursuit: Takes care of annoying Rotom & Gengar for this team, also slaughters other Ghost-types, such as Noir.
    • Description: Like Heatran, it's really everywhere. Scizor couples with the team quite nicely, and has the ability to destroy many Pocket Monsters at a moments notice. Able to deal with Gengar, Rotom, shred some Blissey. Etc. It has a lot of power and the damage dished out is pure fun. (So I've heard.)
    • Relation to Chinese Xuán Wǔ: Black Warrior of the North, I related Scizor to Xuán Wǔ because he was a king in Journey to the West with two Generals serving by his side. Just like Heatran and Salamence do. Heatran refers to the Tortoise General & Salamence the Snake General. Both of which serve and aid Scizor.

Conclusion | Final Word

I love this team, I really do, but it's not working like I hoped. In the first ten test battles, it went 6-4. Unfortunately, you wouldn't believe the horrific luck I have. Even ABYAY knows, it's like the Hax Gods have it out for me ]: Which played a factor in three of those loses, one I was just smoked and outplayed, which happens sometimes for an offensive team. Something is wrong, I don't know what it is. I can put excuses on luck all I want, but something doesn't feel right, doesn't seem right. Thus the entire reason I created this thread. I'd like some suggestions to improve the team. Saying I'm yadayada weak can only get someone but so far. Read the first few paragraphs again, I know you didn't, but if I get a lackluster rate, I'll ignore you. (Or just delete it :>) I've worked hard themeing and putting this team together, and I don't want to see it go down in flames. Sure, it has a winning record and shows signs of incredible potential, but I know there's just something really wrong with it, and hopefully the changes you all help me make fix my worries. D: Another thing that scares is true lack of Rock-resist. <_< I'm thinking Swampert, or maybe even, Celebi over Cune. I don't know, rip it apart guys. Thank you, every single one of you... ...That actually read any of this. Also please, don't quote rate me, I hate that.

Credits | Updates

Zema, of Smogon University.

This, this amazing format is not mine. None of it, actually. This was designed and created by Zema, a format I absolutely adore. Thank you.

Bulbapedia & PE2K
    For providing these sprites, some the new Platinum ones, which are quite hard to find, I'd say.

Anti Pop Culture Warrior
    Helped me pick a theme, sorta. :D

Aquilae
    Perfect rate & fixed my Chinese. Thanks.

Changes

• Choice Band > SD set on Scizor.
    • Roost & Brick Break > Outrage / Earthquake on Mence.
    In the process of updating the team with more, but I don't have all the time in the world. >_> And enough people mentioned the Chinese it was removed, yes, I fail at that. ;;

Last edited:

Aquilae

=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<
    Years
  • Rate goes under here, I just HAD to quote rate you

Please don't use 繁体 (Old Chinese), I can sort of read it but I don't understand some of them =)

Anyways, I'll rate this zoo (中国神话动物和神)

How would you beat Gengar exactly? It can come in on Mence and Rotom, and Life Orb Focus Blast does 60% min to Scizor, and Bullet Punch doesn't beat it. Also, Bulky Rotom tanks your whole team, only Mence and Heatran can handle them, depending on the forms. Scizor and Heatran are really unreliable counters to Skymin in my opinion as the Sub with 3 attacks set beats both of them. You don't really have a good switchin to Tyranitar, it can come in only on Heatran and Zapdos but it can do significant damage to your team. I feel you should make the following changes:

- Change Scizor to Choice Band with Pursuit, acting as a Gengar and Rotom check and STAB U-turns are great. You will get the advantage almost every time when you are in a pokemon vulnerable to U-turn.

Scizor @ Choice Band ** 玄武?
    Adamant, 252 Attack / 4 Speed / 252 HP

U-turn
    Superpower
    Pursuit
    Bullet Punch

- Slap Roost onto Salamence somewhere, or just use Brick Break over Outrage. Outrage's locking in is undesirable for Mixmence, and Blissey isn't seeing much use so I'm inclined to leave Brick Break there. Rotom is Pursuit weak and Tyranitars and Scizors will invariably be drawn in to Pursuit it so I'm kind of iffy on having Rotom as your only Lucario counter.

Just go max SpA / Speed on Salamence, the 2HKO on Bliss isn't important because Scizor / Cune absolutely destroy it.

(Oh, and in no way is a toaster Nezha %_%)

- To be honest I don't like Zapdos' position on the team, it seems to lure in Tyranitar and such more often which your team can't handle adequately. Granted, Heatran and Rotom both lure in Tyranitar, so I feel it is better to have a check to Tyranitar than leave Zapdos there. I can't think of much but I feel a Gliscor would do well, with SD / Stone Edge / Earthquake / Roost, for Tyranitar, and Zapdos carry Heat Wave and HP Grass > HP Ice so it might work out. Go Jolly 216 Spe to outspeed Max Speed Lucario and others under it like Gyarados, which is a threat to this team at the moment.

Wait, how could I miss that? Dragon Dance Outrage Salamence basically decimates your whole team because it outspeeds Heatran after a Dragon Dance, and Heatran can only come in on Outrage. Just a suggestion, you could ditch STalk on Suicune and put Ice Beam over it, with 80 SpA EVs it will OHKO Salamence, with 0 you can still KO it after it attacks. (Life Orb recoil) With my proposed changes not much is going to setup and get away with it, except Salamence =/

So there are my suggestions, you still have a few problems such as with Skymin, but most of your team can handle it if it shows up. Gengar will take down one of your pokemon, either you must sacrifice to bring Scizor in or try your luck switching Scizor into a resisted Shadow Ball.

Introduction = 欢迎
    Team = 团队, the members are 队员
    (看的团队 makes no sense because its literal translation is Looks' Team, reminds me of those direct Chinese to English translations xD)

Oh, and Gliscor can occupy the slot as 蝙蝠侠 (Batman !!!)

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Haha.

And yeah, I used Google Translator, haha. |D *shot* I wish I knew Chinese. <_< Anywho, whew, I knew I wasn't worried for no reason. XD;; Looks like I have a lot to change.

Okay, I'll go make the necessary changes, thanks Aquilae.

Probably wont be reading other rates till I update, so yeah. D:

Edit: Actually, a few questions. You mentioned Gliscor, while I like the idea. Are you saying Gliscor > Zapdos, or some other party member? As it seemed like you mentioned them together, so I'm like "What?" XD Heh.

I'm think of making Suicune more offensive, like LO Cune, so I can have a more immediate impact with it. Or should I stay relatively defensive with it?

Anywho, thanks again Aquilae, you're always a huge help.

And still in the process of editing this and that, so may be a bit dysfunctional when you see it. XD;;

Last edited:

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
  • This has got to be the most advanced RMT to ever hit this site. I'm pretty dang appalled by this thread.

The team overall is plainly excellent, but it is hax weak. Use a hax guard to cover your hax weak. ^^

Seriously; what Aquilae has said has basically said what I could potentially rate and so much more. All I can say is don't let the likes of Stealth Rock and Spikes get set up because it'll wear out things like fire on napalm.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45916 <--- =/

Very good team (standard really, but what isn't these days?)

I can't find any glaring weaknesses; on paper it's solid, but I'm a bit worried how you handle Dragon Dance Kingdra. After a Dragon Dance, it's Water/Dragon offensive combination hits all of your team for neutral, and if it opts for it's fourth move to be Ice Beam, it can dent Zapdos quite a bit. Of course, the scariest thing is probably the Sub/Outrage/Waterfall/Dragon Dance set It has a quite a few chances to switch in, actually. Heatran's Fire Blast (4x resist) Suicune (4x its only move, and bypasses those CM's) Behind a sub, Rotom cannot Trick a Scarf onto it, making it harder to handle. Plus, nothing on your team bar Salamence's Draco Meteor hits Kingdra for super effective. All of your team is outrun after a DD, and all of them cannot take a hit lightly. Don't expect Scizor's Bullet Punch to do much either; Kingdra resists Steel.

Salamence is a threat as well, though you CAN get lucky with Heatran if you can predict it using Fire Fang. I agree with Aquilae with Ice Beam >> either Sleep Talk or CM, but it won't really help you with Kingdra.

So...I'd advise a Kingdra counter (I don't know many...Empoleon comes to mind)

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45916 <--- =/

Very good team (standard really, but what isn't these days?)

I can't find any glaring weaknesses; on paper it's solid, but I'm a bit worried how you handle Dragon Dance Kingdra. After a Dragon Dance, it's Water/Dragon offensive combination hits all of your team for neutral, and if it opts for it's fourth move to be Ice Beam, it can dent Zapdos quite a bit. Of course, the scariest thing is probably the Sub/Outrage/Waterfall/Dragon Dance set It has a quite a few chances to switch in, actually. Heatran's Fire Blast (4x resist) Suicune (4x its only move, and bypasses those CM's) Behind a sub, Rotom cannot Trick a Scarf onto it, making it harder to handle. Plus, nothing on your team bar Salamence's Draco Meteor hits Kingdra for super effective. All of your team is outrun after a DD, and all of them cannot take a hit lightly. Don't expect Scizor's Bullet Punch to do much either; Kingdra resists Steel.

Salamence is a threat as well, though you CAN get lucky with Heatran if you can predict it using Fire Fang. I agree with Aquilae with Ice Beam >> either Sleep Talk or CM, but it won't really help you with Kingdra.

So...I'd advise a Kingdra counter (I don't know many...Empoleon comes to mind)

On the link to Zema's thread, you realized I gave credit there, right? :o

Basically, for Kingdra, I have noticed I have a hard time with it. (Maxguage had a Kingdra, lost that one) In the few battles I've faced with one, I've had to predict around it. (Which is very hard, but I've actually had some success in that regard, but in no means is that completely reliable)

Kingdra is easily a top threat, same with Salamence, but it seems whatever I move around in the team, even more worries and problems show up. D: Blah.

Oh, ps, I am still working on the front post, I've just been really busy. >_> I may want to make Suicune a LO-Speed moveset, while maybe mix around some Pocket Monsters in Zapdos' slot.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Actually欢迎means welcome...
    Introduction in Chinese is 介紹
    清龍(or青龍)usually refers to Rayquaza...
    朱雀refers to Moltres...
    玄武refers to Torterra...
    And there are more...
    I don't have problem to your team, only the usage of Chinese is kinda awful I say... XD

BTW, I see you gave Scizor a Pursuit... But I think Ghost-type is not terrified to Scizor - the opponents wouldn't switch out their Ghost-type Pokemon, so Pursuit could be a lil' useless? Maybe you could replace it with Night Slash... Anyway it's just my opinion... If you don't like it, then don't follow it... Happy training BBoy!!

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Actually欢迎means welcome...
    Introduction in Chinese is 介紹
    清龍(or青龍)usually refers to Rayquaza...
    朱雀refers to Moltres...
    玄武refers to Torterra...
    And there are more...
    I don't have problem to your team, only the usage of Chinese is kinda awful I say... XD

BTW, I see you gave Scizor a Pursuit... But I think Ghost-type is not terrified to Scizor - the opponents wouldn't switch out their Ghost-type Pokemon, so Pursuit could be a lil' useless? Maybe you could replace it with Night Slash... Anyway it's just my opinion... If you don't like it, then don't follow it... Happy training BBoy!!
    Can we quit my translator fails talk? D:

Lets stick to suggestions to the team, not Chinese, 'kay? :D

Pursuit would still rack up a lot of damage, even if they don't switch, by the way. And a lot of times it catches them off guard because they think it's SD Scizor which lacks pursuit. Thus worried what set it might be, which can be costly.

... and locked by my desire. I've been having moderate success with it, and I appreciate everyone who took the time to comment and rate, thank you. A new RMT is in the works. :D

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back