• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are You Embassed IN REAL LIFE To like Pokemon?

Are You Embarrassed To Like Pokemon In Real Life?

• Yes, sadly

Votes: 35 35.7%
  • NO!

Votes: 63 64.3%

• Total voters

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    very... I keep all my stuff hidden in my cupboard when friends come over...

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Like what the others said, I wouldn't dare be caught walking around with Pokemon cards ready to face anyone (I only play the game and thats it. The cards are just ridicualously idiotic.) like one 6th at my school. He brings Star Wars action figures on the bus and plays with them. So annoying...

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Not really embarrassed, but I don't believe I have to let everyone know about my personal business.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Man, this thread is so similar to the ONE I made!
    I'll have to say...
    I love Pokemon!
    I don't really care about what other's think of my liking & obsession; the only thing that matters is,
    I love Pokemon!

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    Not at all. The reason why is because no matter how deep in the fandom I get, there's always someone I know in real life who has an even more embarrassing fandom. Either that, or my friends want to get in on the fandom with me because my age group is at that period where you want to relive childhood as much as possible.

This is how I found out how hilarious it is to be in a room full of people who are both completely intoxicated and attempting to do the Pokerap (alongside the anime) while completely intoxicated. Seriously. Try it sometime. It's incredible. Especially when your friends start to realize that they don't remember the Pokerap after all.

Years
    in some ways yes, the fact most of my school friends thinks Pokemon is old, I hide my like for Pokemon. I've 1 or 2 friends that like Pokemon though:D

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
    Screw what other people think about me or you. If its something you enjoy, you have the full right of not having to hide it from anyone, and if you have to go to lengths of hiding it from your friends, then they really aren't friends, beacuse if a real friend found out, they wouldn't care. Pokemon is awesome, just plain and simple. I don't go insane about it in public. I'm just quiet overall, and if someone asks me "What are you playing?" Then I simply say "Pokemon" Nothing to it, really.

Freestyle Farfetch'd

I'm Magneto
    Years
    I see no point in being fake, I do like Pokemon, and it's not exactly something that any sensible person gets worked up over anyway. (And I'm not particularly bothered about 2 brain-cell morons.). Also, even if I did want to hide it, I'd phail pretty quickly, I have no restraint when it comes to talking about things which interest me, hah. Also, as I've mentioned a few times before, I distribute Pokemon roms at school in an effort to get others into it too, and I've been met with some success. Pokemon games are just too hard to hate. =P

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
    I'm not embarrassed when it comes to Pokemon. Not embarrassed, however, does not mean in the "Dress up like Prof Oak and scream loudly that "Krabby ain't that shabby" way, more like "Pokemon is cool" way. Everyone I know know that I like pokes, and they see nothing wrong in that.
    Sure, some people act like "omg u is stoopeed cuz pokemanz is for 2 yer olds, lol", but everyone is free to have their own opinion.
    After all, we are free to choose what we like and dislike.

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
    Idiots don't seem to understand that pokemon is targeted to a younger audience, but has the insidestory and actual competitive gameplay aimed at 15-?? year olds. Look at smogon for example, pokemon gets really complicated and its all about stratagey.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Screw what other people think about me or you. If its something you enjoy, you have the full right of not having to hide it from anyone, and if you have to go to lengths of hiding it from your friends, then they really aren't friends, beacuse if a real friend found out, they wouldn't care. Pokemon is awesome, just plain and simple. I don't go insane about it in public. I'm just quiet overall, and if someone asks me "What are you playing?" Then I simply say "Pokemon" Nothing to it, really.
    Took the words right out of my mouth.
    I wouldn't call someone my friend if they wanted me to turn away from a fandom just because they don't approve of it. :/ That's retarded.

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
    Took the words right out of my mouth.
    I wouldn't call someone my friend if they wanted me to turn away from a fandom just because they don't approve of it. :/ That's retarded.

Heh, thanks ^_^. Yea, it is retarded, people shouldn't be pushed around like that, people have their own life and their own interests, no one should control anyone over a matter like this.

ShadowWind

Senkei Senbonzakura Kageyoshi
    Years
    it really depends on where you are where i am you would be committing social suicide by admitting you like pokemon but in japan you would be committing social suicide if you admit you DON'T like pokemon

Back