• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Revival Forest: My Grass-type Deck

jackowacko876

Pokemon Expert
Years
Just like it says: my grass-type deck (Modified). Any comments are welcome (except critisizim without any support).​

Pokemon
2-2-2 Torterra DP
2-2-1 Beautifly DP
1 Regigigas LA
2-2 Noctowl DP
2 Togepi GE
1 Sentrent SW
1 Farfetch'd SW​

Supporters
4 Bebe's Search
2 Professor Oak's Visit
2 Buck's Training
1 Cythia's Feelings​

Trainers
2 Quick Ball
2 Potion
1 Dusk Ball
1 Poke Radar
1 Night Pokemon Center
1 PlusPower
Pokemon Tools
2 Leftovers​

Energy
21 Grass​

Strategy
I'm hoping to start with Togepi for its Find a Friend. That way I can quickly set up the field (with a little luck and help from Bebe's Search). Sentrent and Farfech'd are back-up starters. With four starters in my deck, I hope to draw at least one on my first turn.
The theme of the deck is defense. With attacks like Leaf Storm and Giga Drain, and trainers like Night Pokemon Center and Leftovers, I'm trying to keep my Pokemon "alive" long enough to beat my opponent.​

Cards I'm Looking For
Torterra lv.X DP (switch for Sentrent SW)
Tropius MT (switch for PlusPower)
Technical Machine TS-1 (switch for Grass Energy)
Night Pokemon Center (switch for Grass Energy)
Leftovers (switch for Potion)​

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2011
Looks solid. Good supporters, Pretty good trainers. Personally though, I'm not a fan of Night Pokémon Center. There's half a chance it won't do anything, and a quarter chance it will discard all energy from a pokémon, and you're going to be investing numbers like four energies into Beautifly and Torterra. Granted, you use that card when you have no other choice, but its still unfortunate.

If you really want to make a recovery deck, put in some more leftovers, a few more Night Pokémon Centers (at least, then, you can give it a few flips. Its 1/4 chance so if you use it four times, probability is in your favour that you'd get it once), and potions. Tropius (Mysterious Treasures) is a more reliable way to recover HP from Torterra. Drop a few potions and you might heal 70 in a turn. To avoid paying that nasty CCCC retreat cost, put in a few warp points.

Oh, and as far as I can tell the energy searches are redundant (Unless a card lets you search for a trainer or something, you might as well have the actual energy cards in your deck in their place/just have different cards).

I think with Tropius and some potions this could make a pretty good recovery deck. Of course, it'd be best with Leafeon Lv. X and Sceptile, but I mean, I assume you don't have them 'cause otherwise they'd be in here already.

jackowacko876

Pokemon Expert
Years
Changes

Looks solid. Good supporters, Pretty good trainers. Personally though, I'm not a fan of Night Pokémon Center. There's half a chance it won't do anything, and a quarter chance it will discard all energy from a pokémon, and you're going to be investing numbers like four energies into Beautifly and Torterra. Granted, you use that card when you have no other choice, but its still unfortunate.

If you really want to make a recovery deck, put in some more leftovers, a few more Night Pokémon Centers (at least, then, you can give it a few flips. Its 1/4 chance so if you use it four times, probability is in your favour that you'd get it once), and potions. Tropius (Mysterious Treasures) is a more reliable way to recover HP from Torterra. Drop a few potions and you might heal 70 in a turn. To avoid paying that nasty CCCC retreat cost, put in a few warp points.

Oh, and as far as I can tell the energy searches are redundant (Unless a card lets you search for a trainer or something, you might as well have the actual energy cards in your deck in their place/just have different cards).

I think with Tropius and some potions this could make a pretty good recovery deck. Of course, it'd be best with Leafeon Lv. X and Sceptile, but I mean, I assume you don't have them 'cause otherwise they'd be in here already.
I feel the same way about Night Pokemon Center. I use it as a last resort and pray for the best. I'll start looking for another one (I only have 1) and switch it for an Energy Search. The same with Leftovers (I only have two). As for Tropius, sounds like a great idea. Of course, it's without the 60 damage from Torterra's Leaf Storm, but it could really come in handy. I don't know about the Warp Points. I've never really needed to move Torterra and Beautifly to my Bench. Anyway, I'm adding Leftovers, Night Pokemon Center, and Tropius to "Looking For" list.

Rinusu said:
2-2-2 is not that a' good number...
Yes, it is.

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2011
4-3-1/4-2-1/3-2-1 is absolutely abysmal. There's a reason people never play these and thats because you always have to allow for a margin of error. So what if you get Torterra out and it gets KO'd? What are you going to do with those extra grotles and turtwigs? Nothing. They'd just sit in his hand or bench and rot. Thats a lot of deck-space to just have thrown out the window.

If 2-2-2 works, its fine. Thats how I run Typhlo. But since its his main attacker, a 3-2-3 line or something with a few rare candies would be beneficial. With 2-2-2 and no rare candies there's a very high chance one of your Turtwigs, Grotles or Torterras will be prized and you won't be able to play them. Ideally you'll be able to pick them back up, but it just doesn't always work out this way.

jackowacko876

Pokemon Expert
Years
4-3-1/4-2-1/3-2-1 is absolutely abysmal. There's a reason people never play these and thats because you always have to allow for a margin of error. So what if you get Torterra out and it gets KO'd? What are you going to do with those extra grotles and turtwigs? Nothing. They'd just sit in his hand or bench and rot. Thats a lot of deck-space to just have thrown out the window.

If 2-2-2 works, its fine. Thats how I run Typhlo. But since its his main attacker, a 3-2-3 line or something with a few rare candies would be beneficial. With 2-2-2 and no rare candies there's a very high chance one of your Turtwigs, Grotles or Torterras will be prized and you won't be able to play them. Ideally you'll be able to pick them back up, but it just doesn't always work out this way.
Well, I could run 3-3-2 or 4-4-2, I just don't have the extra Torterra. But there's also Beautifly, so I really think 2-2-2 is good.

Back