• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Darkness Rising.(PG-14)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
  • Yes, it is I, Rubii Naruto... coming on my third attempt of a Pokemon RP, but this one will be different, instead of a trainer quest RP, this is a Mystery Dungeon RP. The plot is semi-original, as the main villain will not even be mentioned for some time. Prepare for a wild ride through the entire planet, and a few other dimensions as well. This will blow your mind, or at least I hope it will.

Plot

Two-hundred thousand years ago, there was an unnamed evil which spread evil out with it's influence, all who went against this mighty beast were slaughtered instantly. Whenever anyone heard it's cry, they fled to try to get to safety, but there was nowhere to hide. The ghost dragon had the whole world, no the whole universe in its grasp, not even the god Arceus could do anything against this beast, but three brave pokemon stood against this beast, and using the power of the Azure Flute, Glacedia Flower, and the Platnium Orb. The three defeated the nameless evil, and sealed a part of it away in each of the three items, which were then sealed up into three tombs. The three agreed to never tell anyone that the beast was merely sealed, but instead they killed it, and destroyed the body... But little did they know the beast was still planning, and had the ability to communicate with outside beings, but only if they were psychic, Dark, or Ghost.

The three items were eventually found and thought of as powerful weapons, and were used in struggles in the future, but every civilization in which has hald them had gone extinct, and spread the rumor that they were cursed, so no one had ever disturbed any of the three artifacts again. Over time, pokemon kind had forgotten about the artifacts, and the ancient socieities that held them, and they had never found them... until now. The prankster Legendary: Mew had found the items, and had gotten corrupt by them, as did Darkrai, who was with the other pokemon.

Here's where you come in. None of you know about Mew and Darkrai's rebellion, the nameless evil, the three artifacts... Nothing! But you are each a part of a guild of explorers, not as famous as Wigglytuff's guild, lead by a Crobat known as Coby, and you have to defeat this nameless evil once and for all.

(It should be obvious who the nameless evil is, I mean, I tried to hint at it. Oh, you will be surprised at what the plot will be, trust me as this barely scratches the surface.)

There are no slots open.

Name: (Your character's Name)
    Personality: (How your character acts: One paragraph Minimum)
    Appearance: (What your character looks like: One paragraph Minimum)
    History: (Background of character, what happened to it before this begins. One paragraph Minimum)
    Extras: (Any additional stuff)
    RP Sample: (Yes, this is necessary)

Rules

No godmodding: I hate that, as it can mess up a well planned story in an instant. I take this seriously.

No Bunnying unless you have the character's owner's permission: Yeah, what I just said.

Follow the rules of the RP community, as those are your lifelines here.

No stateing anything about the nameless evil, Mew, Darkrai, or the three items before you are told about it.

You cannot be a legendary (or Rotom, but I count it as a legendary, because of it's five forms.), as all of them play a semi-important role in the story.

Accepted /Reserved players

wolfsrain23: Accepted (Volt: Pikachu)
    Gardevoyeurism: Accepted (Claire: Alakazam)
    Gorgormcgor: Accepted (Lashe: Scizor)
    dragpyre: Accepted (Dante: Luxray)
    Rubii Naruto: Reserved (X days)
    Sweet_Dreams: Accepted (Jaw: Mawile)
    Darkly_The_Flygon: Reserved (2 days)
    Darkhaven3: Reserved (Snake: Lucario)

Last edited:

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
    Years
  • Done!!!!!!!!!!!

Name:Volt

Species: Pikachu

Personality: Volt likes to take things slow in battle, pacing his moves out, and thinking about his moves before he uses them. He tries to be at least one step ahead of his opponent at all times. In a team, if Volt is not already assigned as the leader, he likes to offer tactics in a battle and is not afraid to offer suggestions. While some leaders will listen to his tactics, most usually get annoyed with this. However, outside of battle he is always respectful to his leader.
    Although Volt is a brilliant tactician, he has the soul of a gambler. If things start to go wrong in a battle or not according to what he thought would happen, he gets choked up and takes chances he does not need to, often getting himself hurt in the process. Coby, the guild leader has been trying to help him calm down and get back in rhythm when things go wrong. Outside battle, he likes to play games of chance.Most of the time, he loses, but that doesn't stop him from trying again.
    Volt is also good at making friends.

Appearance: Volt is about the size of a normal Pikachu and looks just like one as well. However, he has a brown stripe across his muzzle just like the ones on his tail. When he first wakes up, the fur on his head is always a mess, and other Pokemon usually make many different comments on it. He also wears a blue bandanna given to him by the guildmaster, Coby, when he joined the guild.

History:Volt has grown up around the area of the guild and has lived there his whole life. His father was a respected Rescue Team member of the guild and partook in many successful missions. There, his father made good friends with the guildmaster and the other rescuers. However, 3 years ago, right before Volt was going to try out for the guild, his father disappeared during a mission along with his team. Volt has searched for any sign of them ever since.
    After successfully joining the guild, Volt trained every day, participating in many important missions. In one mission, Volt strayed away from the rest of his team, eager to seek glory. For hours, he wandered around the caves, seaching for the treasure that was apparently there. When he spotted the treasure, his heart skipped a beat... until he saw a Golem charge at him, knocking him out. Luckily, Coby and the rest of his team realized Volt was gone and managed to save him. Volt is now always jumpy whenever he sees a rock Pokemon, not making friends with them easily. They are also his biggest fear.Since this incedent, Volt has tried hard and learned Iron Tail in case he has to fight a rock Pokemon but he hasn't perfected it and about 1/2 the time, it fails.

Extras: Being a good Tactician and tactics along with growing up around the guild earns him high spots in the formation of rescue teams.

RP Sample:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

dragpyre

The Brother's Fight For Hell
    Years
  • Can i be part of it? I already filled out the form!

Name:
    Dante

Species:
    Luxray

Personality:
    Dante is rebellious and a risk taker.
    He loves adrenaline and will do anything to get attention and stay popular.
    Sometimes, he takes things too far and people shun him, but in the end, he is always forgiven. He will never back down in a fight, even if it is almost his last breath.

Appearance:
    Dante is a Shiny Luxray, and knows how to keep his coat clean.
    When he walks, his fur glimmers, whether its by sunlight or moonlight.
    This makes all the female pokemon go wobbly at the knees, as he is regarded as the hottest Luxray there is.

History:
    Born as a Luxio (Yes i know this is unorthodox), he only knew security. He went to the Pokemon Nursery everyday and made many friends. His best friends were Caterpie, Cyndaquil, Electrike and Starly. When he played with his friends, he used to accidentally zap them with Spark, but there bond never broke.

Until that day....

Waking up, and looking at himself, he cried out in terror, as he didn't look like himself anymore. Rushing down the stairs, and running to his mother, she only had words of comfort for him. She told him that when Pokemon get to a certain level of maturity, they evolve, and become stronger. She also told him not to worry, and that he was still the same person on the inside.

Extras:
    He has a scar above his left eye from a pokemon attack. Also, he likes to ignore orders and do things his own way.

RP Sample: (i didn't quite know what you meant, but i think you mean like a line or a scene example)

A lush green meadow. Dante is bored, so he decides to annoy some Pidgey's.
    Coby catches him doing this and tries to apprehend him.

Coby: Dante, what are you doing???

Dante: That flock of Pidgey's started it, so i'm gonna take them all out with Thunderbolt!

Coby: Dante, come back right now! We have a rescue mission to do here!

Dante zaps the Pidgey's.

Coby: DANTE!!!!!!

Dante: What?????

DxEON

Gallades of Glory!
    Years
  • This sounds exciting, I think I want to join.

Name: Oshri

Species: Gallade

Personality: Very caring of others, brave at times when necessary. Dislikes random abuse to others, and will help anyone in need.

Appearance: Blue and white body, along with it's blade looking arms

History: Oshri lived in Eterna Forest. It was like a guardian to the little creatures that lived in the forest, protecting and warding off the evil that came by. Although he made everyone happy, he wasn't to sure of himself keeping this up for long. So he decides to wander away from the forest into Mt.Coronet. Dispite that he can see in the dark, a lot of Pokemon attacked Oshri and Oshri eventually left Mt.Coronet back to the forest. Apparently, while he was away, the forest was under attacked by a Seviper. Oshri came to the rescue and killed the Seviper, but little to know that this Seviper was different than any other Seviper. This one had a very dark aura surrounding it, but Oshri didn't know anything else besides that. So he kicks out the Seviper, but with his future sight, he can see the Pokemon of Snowpoint in danger. So Oshri heads off to Snowpoint, but surprisingly Oshri got trapped by 5 Abomasnows. They didn't let Oshri escape nor could Oshri defeat all of them. In fact, the harsh weather was draining Oshri's strength away that he passed out throughout the winter. The Abomasnow did no harm to Oshri, but rather in fact protect Oshri. So the Abomasnow took Oshri into a cave to let it rest, and the Abomasnow returned back to their stations.

Extras: Even though Oshri can survive the winter without food, ice or snow seems to put him to sleep.

RP Sample: Oshri vs. Seviper

A Wild Seviper appeared!
    Go Oshri
    Oshri uses Double Team
    It's evasiveness rose

Seviper uses Poison Tail
    The attack misses

Oshri uses Double Team
    It's evasiveness rose

Seviper uses Toxic
    The attack misses

Oshri uses Stone Edge

Seviper flinched

Oshri's Steadfast ability increased it's speed

Oshri uses Psycho Cut

The Seviper fainted.

I hope this mini RP gets me in. Otherwise I want to ask you for a reservation so I can fix some things.

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • @dragpyre: Sorry, this sign up isn't good enough to get in. Oh, and you aren't allowed to do script RP posts here, just incase you didn't know.

@DxEON: Reserved, work on your appearance and personality... a lot. And fix your RP sample, it has no description, whatsoever, look through the other RP's to understand how to write them.

dragpyre

Years
  • Can i try again?

Name:
    Dante

Species:
    Luxray

Personality:
    Dante is rebellious and a risk taker.
    He is also no stranger to danger, as he does drastic things to get attention, but he is normally still ignored until he takes things too far, which gets him in trouble with his friends and his parents.

Appearance:
    Dante is a Shiny Luxray, and knows how to keep his coat clean.
    When he walks, his fur glimmers, whether its by sunlight or moonlight.
    This makes all the female pokemon go wobbly at the knees, as he is regarded as the hottest Luxray there is.

The scar above his left eye was from his old group of friends attacked him because he was different to them. It is normally well hidden, but when angry, it seems to show through his fur coat, when his hair stands on end, tensed and ready for battle.

History:
    Born as a Shinx, he only knew security. He went to the Pokemon Daycare everyday and made many friends. His best friends were Caterpie, Cyndaquil, Electrike and Starly. When he played with his friends, he used to accidentally zap them with Spark, but their bond never broke.

Until that day....

Waking up, and looking at himself, he cried out in terror, as he didn't look like himself anymore. Rushing down the stairs, and running to his mother, she only had words of comfort for him. He had prematurely evolved. His mother told him that when Pokemon get to a certain level of maturity, they evolve, and become stronger. She also told him not to worry, and that he was still the same person on the inside.

Leaving to go to the nursery again, all his friends shunned him, because he was different. They didn't care that he was still the same inside, it was his looks that divided them. He had become a Luxio and thats all his friends regarded him as. Not their friend, who shared a special bond, just Luxio.

When he turned 13 he prematurely evolved again.
    At this point he also joined a rescue team, as he felt indebted to all the people he had terrorised and wanted to win his old friends back, and seemed to work well within a team. From this, Dante went on to do many rescues, and win, not only a reputation as a legendary rescuer, but friends, new and old. Their team, led by Coby the Crobat, had only one obstacle to overcome between being overshadowed and being legendary. And that was to become better, that Wigglytuff's team

Edit: i adjusted the history a bit

Extras:
    Pokemon Power:
    Intimidate
    Cuts down foes Attack when in battle

Example:

(written in first person)

Ducking between the tight gap in the rock, I skidded, my paws burning due to friction, turning as i went to face the flock of Pidgeotto behing me. Suddenly, with a great burst of speed, they were all over me, pecking me with their beaks, obviously bloodthristy.
    Coby tried to intervine, but was knocked down with a Quick Attack by what i assumed was the flocks leader. Coby's last words were "You can do it, Dante," before fainting.

Getting on a level footing, I stopped and closed my eyes, to Charge my energy. Whilst i was doing this, everything seemed to slow down. Opening my eyes again (which seemed to take an age) I blasted out the most powerful Thunderbolt i had ever done, blinding myself. The Pidgeotto had a split second shocked look in their eyes, before they were literally shocked.

Running to Coby, I took a reviver seed from the toolbox and used it to bring him back to conciousness. He was weak, and I didn't know when the Pidgeotto were going to recover. I ran with Coby on my back, toward what I saw as a sanctuary, a oasis in the distance, where Coby could rest and regain his energy.

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • @dragpyre: Yeah... still rejected. Sorry, the RP Sample us okay, but while I don't care if you are shiny or not... your appearance and personality still need work. Oh, and there's no way a Shinx is born a Luxio... it comes with hard work, but you could evolve at a young age.

dragpyre

Years
  • but c'mon, the person who is a gallade wrote much less than me and got reserved.

there is quite a lot of description.

I mean, i wrote more than anyone else here did, and its of a great quality.

Maybe not the best quality, but it still is good!

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • @dragpyre: He asked to be reserved.

DxEON said:
    I hope this mini RP gets me in. Otherwise I want to ask you for a reservation so I can fix some things.

But, I see you editted your sign-up... you are accepted congratulations. I will put my sign up on later.

dragpyre

Years
  • thank you!

I accept that your constructive critism was well placed, and i had made a few mistakes, but i had corrected them.

and thank you for noticing my wording was a little off.

i will do my best and then some!!!!!

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • @wolfsrain23: Well well well, your sign up is pretty good... only problem is in the RP sample... I couldn't follow who was saying what... you're in, but don't leave me hanging with who's saying what in this RP.

Last edited:

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
    Years
  • re-did RPS ( that was one of the first one i ever wrote, forgot it needed a re-write )
    Take a look at it, if something is still missing, then ill just write one up.
    And don't worry, I've gotten better, its not just all dialogue anymore, and what is, has gotten a lot more detailed
    thx i wont let you down!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2010
    Reservation please Ill have it in tommorow.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok I got it.

Name: Lashe (Backlash)
    Personality: Lashe is a fun loving person that treats people respect if he thinks they deserve it. He'll do anything to get laughs out of people and is always looking for a giggle himself. He finds cockiness repulsive and loves to be with his friends. He is usually very calm and collected unless hes goofing around or he has lost his temper.
    Appearance:He is a Basically the same as any ordinary ditto except he likes to change colors(thats his specialty). His usual form is a Scizor as its the only one hes really memorized well enought to go from memory.
    History: Lashe otherwise known as Backlash was found near the safari zone by a young Scyther(Now a scizor) and stayed with him his whole life. Currently Scizor is a high rank in the Explorer guild(If thats ok with you) and has taught and raised Lashe.
    Extras: No, I wont take too much pwer with the morphing ability as im sure your worried about it. I wont overuse it to bring to much of an advantage to myself, but you have to remember I have no other moves.
    RP Sample:
    Sal slowly walked down the side of the coast. It was late and his Mantine had yet to come back from its swim

"Come on Mantine you've been down there for three hours" Sal said taking a quick glance at his feet.

He saw the tide brush against the soles of his shoes. He reached into his pocket and pulled out another ball.

"Go find Mantine" He commanded whisking another pokeball into the air revealing a Kingdra. "And if you cant find him in half an hour just come back. We cant lose you both and he knows his way to the shore."

He layed against the side of a dock and clsed his eyes. What if Mantine doesnt come back. what if... The thought left his mind as quickly as it had entered. He put his hood up and waited. as he could find nothing better to do for a time killer.

Last edited:

Gardevoyeurism

Stalking Gardevoirs
    Years
  • May I join, please?
    I've been looking all over for a Mystery Dungeon RP which wasn't full. =D
    If my character's a bit too much of a Mary-Sue, please inform me.

Name: Clare Darling
    Personality: Forgetful, ditzy Clare is everything an Alakazam shouldn't be. She can, however, process things and solve problems just as well as any other Alakazam can - she just doesn't remember how she did it. Ironically, her bad memory is what keeps her in the team for she cannot teach anyone else how to do the things she does. She is also overly-affectionate towards those she knows and somewhat skittish around those she doesn't. If she decides that she takes a liking towards a particular individual, they shall expect to be on the receiving end of a brutal face-licking.
    When, or if, she decides that she doesn't like said individual she would rather avoid him or her rather than attack them for she believes that fighting is unecessary. She also doesn't approve of practices such as mind-reading and control. Ironically, she uses the move 'attract' on a regular basis, meaning she does often practice a form of mild mind control.
    Appearance: Clare is quite a bit smaller than most of her species, making her whiskers appear disproportionately long. She attempts to appear taller by adjusting her posture. This, however, only causes her to look less stooped. Her armored top ends closer to her chest rather than her waist, giving the appearance of a bustier.
    History: Born to a Kadabra and Magmortar who spoiled her beyond belief, Clare has lived quite the sheltered life. Her parents were far from rich, but they spent what they had on their little girl. Though her mother and father treated her like a princess, everyone else treated her like trash - she was beaten, humiliated and just plain tormented by every other pokemon around her who wasn't related to her, though she didn't have the heart to fight back as they tore at her defenseless little body. She did, however, eat insane amounts of food to drown out her sorrows. One day as a child she gorged herself on rare candy, causing herself to prematurely evolve into a Kadabra, then the shock of seeing her reflection transformed her into a smaller-than-average Alakazam. Nevertheless, her parents continued to treat her with the love and respect they believed she deserved. The treatment she received from other pokemon, however, worsened to a point where she scrapped her dreams of becoming a politician and so dropped out of school at age sixteen to join a rescue team. Not surprisingly, her parents didn't approve, yet they remained supportive of their daughter. Since then, Clare has been flitting from team to team, trying to find a solid place in one.
    Extras: It is suspected that Clare's sub-par memory span may be a result of brain damage she sustained as an Abra.
    RP Sample:

Gardevoir seductively sashayed into the tavern, slim white legs gracefully strode with wide steps past a menagerie of staring pokemon. It had been here before and was quite well-known for its prowess, how it would win every bar brawl along with the heart of another pokemon, which it would later break the same night they met. Tonight, it was going to go for the most difficult of the psychics. With its eyes on the prize, it prepared to approach its latest victim - Alakazam.

"Hello there..." Gardevoir's smooth, sweet voice slipped into the ear of the lanky yellow-furred brute, who turned and looked it over with its sinister ebony eyes.

"Oh, hello." Alakazam paused for a moment, then gave Gardevoir another glance. "Err... Look, if it isn't blatantly obvious, I'm female. Look at these curves, this face - well, actually. Um, don't... Please don't talk to me, miss." Burying her whiskered face in her arms, her entire coat stood on end.

Gardevoir was taken aback by the fellow psychic's rudeness, gasping with a featureless hand on its spiked chest.

"How could you possibly assume such a thing? Of course it's obvious - had you been male, I wouldn't have approached you!" Gardevoir hissed. As it walked off, it stopped, then looked back at the shorter Psi pokemon. "Oh, and for the record, miss - in case you didn't notice, I'm about as male as a Volbeat."

Alakazam, embarrassed beyond belief, clutched her spoons tightly and promptly teleported from the bar before she could be humiliated any further.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back