• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A New Professor in Town - Kanto Adventure PG13 OOC Thread

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
Years
  • Name: Kliff Carterson

Appearance: Kliff has quite a healthy figure as he works out often. He has a decent height of about six feet and 3 inces, making him pretty tall. Despite his height, his limbs aren't boney or stick-like - instead they are well padded out and are quite muscular. However he has pretty smooth and young hands, despite his workouts he has done over the years. This is the same story with his head - his face in particular. You can still tell he's a teenager as his facial features still look relitavely young and smooth. He has some slight bristle growing around his jawline, and even then it's still hard to notice from a distance. His hair is a mixed shade of deep blonde and dark brown, and it's about mid-length starting to grow over his eyes. He has a very deep blue iris in his relaxed eyes.

Clothing wise, Kliff veers towards the darker shades. On most occasions, he wears his trademark black denim jacket with brown linings - other times he'll simply have some sort of variation on that. He also has a pair of dark grey cargo pants that are baggy, despite the fact that he tucks them into his large brown boots which reach halfway up his shins. For some reason, he also carries an extendable walking cane in his inside jacket pocket - presumably just for the style.

Personality: Kliff is the type that usually keeps to himself. He dosen't try to be outgoing or appear to be the young, lively soul in the situation. Instead, he will simply get on with things, and only act when the situation demands it. He feels that boasting is another way of masking your weaknesses or fear. This is not to say that he is an automatic people hater - over time and bonding, he can have pretty good relationships with others. When it comes to pokemon and battling, in Kliff's view - stronger is better. He won't waste his time trying to train and toughen up an obviously weak pokemon. Instead, he will catch and utilise the power of the strong ones, focusing on how to improve their strengths.

History: Kliff has lived his whole life in Pallet Town with his family of five - his parents, brother and older sister. Since the day he witnessed a battle between two very skilled trainers chosen by Professor Oak, Kliff has always imagined himself as a proffesional trainer. As soon as he hit ten years of age, he was rearing to go and see the Professor, however his parents protested, saying that he was still too young, and that he had to at least finish school incase he was unsuccessful as a trainer. After a number of tantrums and arguments, Kliff finally agreed, and continued with his schoolwork. Recently, having now finished his last term and received his grades, Kliff was allowed to apply to Professor Oak for his first pokemon. Unfortunatley, he was too late, as the professor had no pokemon left to give. The only option Kliff had left was to go to the neighbouring Professor Maple.

Starter Choice: Tangela plz plz plz :P

Sample: From the RP "The Uprising"...

Spoiler:

Last edited:

slls81

What does that even mean?
    Years
  • @Omnizaru - Sorry theres no reservations, I should have made this clearer. :/

This isn't the normal first come, first served deal you normally get with sign ups. Basically you have until the 23rd (10 days time) to get your sign up posted. I won't be accepting or rejecting anyone until that date. On the 23rd I'll read all the sign ups and decide who gets the slots. The order the sign ups go up in also makes no difference, only their quality. So yeah work on your SU at your own pace, theres no rush to get it up (as long as its before the 23rd :P)

Last edited:

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • Yeah I'm still interested, my SU should be up witin th next day or two =]
    I'm gonna try out for the wildcard I think :D
    Kudos for competing.

Last edited:

King!

better
    Years
  • Okay, I'm interested in Psyduck, but can we still do the egg thing? If not then wild card. But, seeings as there's no reserves, I better ghet to work!

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
    Years
  • Here's my SignUp, I'm going for the water one :P (I'll still make some perks and stuff, but I think I'm pretty much done o.0)
    Name: Kuanu Kai

Appearance: Kuanu is rather short compared to other kids his age, standing at 5'00" (and a half as he rather enjoys arguing). This is further accentuated by his light frame that causes him to be much lighter than his friends, and over time made him become the butt of jokes or pranks. His body is rather slim, because of countless hours that he spends swimming, surfing, and even snorkeling in the coast.

His hair is black in color, and he keeps it in dreadlocks that he usually ties back into a ponytail. His skin is very dark, he has black, bloodshot eyes that seem to never be truly focused and drift past the material world into some sort of daydream. His face is, like his body, really slim, devoid of excess fat, and his cheeks seem to suck in, showing prominent cheek and jawbones. He has a scar behind his right shoulder that was caused by a surfing crash. An odd attribute of his is that his teeth are scarily white.

Kuanu usually wears really light clothing, as he spends most of his time at the sea, and dislikes using shoes, or anything that would enclose (or 'trap') his feet. Normally he likes to wear a white 'wifebeater', with an optional unbuttoned shirt on top of it, and matching swimming trunks. He especially likes his blue & white colored shorts, as well as his brown & orange colored ones. Flip-flops are optional.

Personality: Being the shortest kid in the bunch, Kuanu has huge self-esteem problems for a kid his age. After having much deliberation and debate with himself, he came to the conclusion that he'd be able to overshadow this… by pointing out the flaws on other people. He tried his hypothesis out, but it would not go as he had planned. This behavior led him to go from the popular kid he used to be to an alienated classmate who would rather spend his time at the sea with the older surfers, or damn well by himself. Thus, he has started to become more and more separated from the world. To make matters worse, he's beginning to forget things. Whether this is Alz-Heimer's or not, or if this is even connected to his latest way of acting, or just plain distractedness from his part is not know, but what is known is that according to the doctor… right now, a journey is too dangerous.

Although these attributes seem to make him into some sort of snotty, loner, who doesn't mind about a thing in the world except himself (read: narcissist), there is more than just this face to him. When someone with patience, or sometimes, just luck comes into Kuanu's life, and is able to get past his defenses, one really gets to appreciate what this kid has to offer. Kuanu is in reality a really caring person, and a romantic at heart.

History: Born in Pacifidlog Town, Johto, Kuanu isn't used to the big city. He has lived in a rural and remote area, and this has changed and shaped him into who he is now. He has one younger sister, Kelly, who is ten years old now, and is a complete social butterfly. She loves hanging out with her friends, playing and going on trips. She is very similar to her brother personality-wise, I mean, how her brother used to be.

Kuanu always had the fame of being one of the most popular kids at school, and in second grade he had already assembled the biggest, and meanest crew in school. He had several friends who helped him devise plans to make pranks on girls, teachers, nerds, and sometimes even the third graders. His friends were with him in everything, with Charlie being his best friend, and right-hand man. Rodman (as they called him) was a bigger, fatter, and heavier bully who had secretly admired Kuanu's craftiness at their young age. He also hung out with Mark, the smart kid, and Elijah, the crazy psychotic kid who ate bugs, and wrote on paper with his own blood, among other lackeys. Yes, with this group they were invincible, and not even the girls (their second-worst enemy) OR their girl germs (their worst enemy) could beat them. They were the school heroes for the guys. But something went awfully wrong.

As they continued to grow, and eventually reach the girls' height, Kuanu's crew seemed to have left someone behind… Kuanu. He simply saw as everyone's eyes began to get farther up and farther away from him. The back of his neck had begun to cramp up because he started to HAVE to look up to see his friends' faces. He became depressed.

It was in this depression that Kuanu began to distance himself from everyone else. Sure, they made fun of him, but they loved him… and Kuanu knew this… but it just felt wrong. Rapidly shoving his friends aside, he began to notice how one by one they stopped waiting for him, until only Mark was left. Then again, it only took a few more time for him to get tired of waiting as well. It was at this point when Kuanu finally found in the sea and in Pokémon what he had been seeking for from the second he was surpassed. Peace… detachedness.

Kuanu loved Pokémon and still loves his friends, but they were quick to leave on their journeys while he had to stay because of his 'volatile' state. His parents were very worried for him, since the doctor had said that his state of mind was self-destructive, and that he wouldn't recommend having Kuanu leave on a journey since it'd be dangerous for him. However, a fated encounter with Steven Stone, a former Pokémon Champion, allowed his parents to realize that if anything woud 'cure' Kuanu, it would be Pokémon, and now that he's become fourteen, Kuanu is finally being allowed to part on a mission to find himself.

Starter Choice: Psyduck
    54.png

RP Sample from ShadowDragon~'s A Journey in Disguise:
    Spoiler:

sasuneuchiha

Neither Darkness nor Light...
    Years
  • OMG so many people :(

I CAN'T DO WELL WITH SO MANY PEOPLE!!!

xD Kidding, kidding. Great to see so many people are interested...working on post :)

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • Question: With the Pokemon that are going to be available for capture, are you just strictly going to keep it as it was in the games, or are you going to add other pokemon from different regions also?

slls81

Years
  • @Izuna - Yeah it is more than last region, I'm putting it down to Professor Maple's growing reputation as a pokemon professor! :P

How's the semi final post going?

@Luigi-a - Erm, it will be similar to what I've done in Kanto I think. It will be similar to the routes in game, but I will add a few personal touches to them. I also may alter/add/remove routes to fit the storyline :)

slls81

Years
  • Okay guys the deadline for sign ups is midnight tomorrow, so please make sure your sign up is up by then.

If you are signing up for a wildcard, can you please put a second choice as well. Then if you are unsucessful for the wildcard I'll consider you for that choice.

~You Had Me At Hello

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • Name: Echo Demitrei
    Appearance: Echo's dark hair and complexion suggest her Greek descent as much as her last name does. She has completely black hair that's long and straight, with a part to the side. The hairs framing her face are cut about eye-length and swept to the side with the part. Her eyes are an olive colour that contrast greatly with her skin, giving her a bit of an exotic look. Combine that with a cocky smile and you've got Echo.

Echo's build is tall and curve. She is all legs and hips, and she knows this. Skinny is also something she is, but this didn't come naturally. Beauty is pain? Yeah, and starvation on some rabbit-diet. As you might have noticed, Echo cares about how she looks, but she cares about being the best more. To help this, she likes to advertise her wins and losses to the world.

Clothing-wise Echo settles for a nice pair of skinny jeans that accentuate her legs while also having that dark denim look to them, with bright yellow stitching and a grayish fade. Her top is warm yellow tanktop and she has a short warm-brown trenchcoat for the rainy days. Her shoes are the same shade of yellow as her thanktop, and are the low-top converse variety.
    For her stuff she carries a grey and neon green messenger bag. Accessory-wise Echo carries some red ribbons to tie her hair back, silver hoop earrings and a big black and white greek-styled pendant on 4 strings, having the same colour combination as the pendant. She also has several bracelets on her right hand, and a red watch on her left.

Personality: Cocky. Confident. Temperamental. These are words that you might use to describe Echo. She's very confident, knows of her looks, and liked to show these to the world. She knows how to flirt with boys, she knows how to manipulate and basically makes quite the cunning woman, and loves this fact. Despite all this, Echo isn't a big fan of travelling in groups. No, she much prefers being alone with her Pokémon, whom she does love dearly. They might be the only ones to ever experience her motherly streak, the thing that all non-psychotic women posess.

She does have quite the temper, and she is known to explode every now and then. This hot headed young lady knows what she wants, and gets pissed if she doesn't get it. She's an extremely sore loser, and wants to win exactly everything that she does. She won't care an awful lot about something unless she is competing with someone, though they might not be aware of the fact that they are competing with her. She is strong willed and stubborn. Tell her she can't do something, and watch her do it anyway, and often accomplishing this. But don't get on her bad side, it is an awfully poisonous side to be.

History: Echo was part of a set of twins born to a very well-to-do family in Kanto. She and her brother Leonidas were the spoilt children of old money, and that's exactly how they were treated. Echo got everything that she wanted, well most everything anyway. Everything to be bought with money. And what couldn't be bought with money, 'love' for example, she learned to get her own way. She had always been the girl that smiled and curtseyed adorably, as long as there was something in it for her. A new doll for example, or another dress.

Honestly, Pokémon had never been much of a thought to her. They were all around her in the mansion, and journey's really didn't feel like her thing. Her brother was the one who dreamt of journey's, though held back by their father. She had her life entirely under control, she was popular, had her way around the guys and it was almost certain that she would go on to have a great education and become a great name, but Leo was still always the one that would be taking over the family business. Echo was happy enough to surpass him in most everything that she did, however.

Then one day Leonidas got this invitation to complete a Pokémon journey from some rich guy with a private island. Of course, Echo wasn't all too happy about this fact. If Leo would go, then she would have to stay behind, and Echo Demitrei did not like staying behind. And so she tugged the strings of her family's connections until she had met her goal, to get someone to grant her a chance too, even though she was way too old. She had managed to once again stay one step ahead of her brother, and was on her way to perhaps make an even bigger name for herself than she thought…

Starter Choice:
    Spr_4h_234.png
    or
    Spr_4p_077.png
    it really doesn't matter which.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

slls81

Years
  • ****************ANNOUNCEMENT*************************

The main thread has now reached 1000 replies!!!! :D

It's the only current RP to have done so, so well done guys :) (I know 'The Uprising' is on like 970 but shh) :P

So yeah thanks to everyone thats posted, and hopefully we can continue to be as successful (and active) in the new region

~You Had Me At Hello

p.s. Sign Up's close at Midnight tonight, so anyone who's interested make sure your SU is up by then or it won't be considered :)

King!

better
    Years
  • Name: Jazmine Torzela
    Preferred Starter: Wild Card Pichu, or Psyduck.

Personality: Jazmine has a bit of everything in her, that comes out at the best (or sometimes worst) of times. Saying this, it really depends on how confident she is, which, is pretty unpredictable seeing as this changes as well. Due to her past, Jazmine can lose confidence pretty quickly in a bad situation, but in most cases, she is confident about her goals. She has a tendency to mess around a bit when she is in a hyper mood, but is settle when she needs to be. She likes makeup, and boys, and clothes, and shoes, and god knows what else. She is a teenager, too. She likes music, she likes parties, and she likes sleeping in until god knows when. She can be competitive, mostly against boys, especially ones who think they're better because, well, they're boys. Overall, she's a girl.

On the downside, once again due to her past, Jazmine is a bit insecure. She isn't, well, completely whole. Her parents are gone, her friends left behind in Kanto. She is alone, stuck in a world smelling of old. Old people, old clothes, old….well, just old. And this alone is a missing piece. Her parents, her friends, are a missing piece. And while Jazmine tries to put herself back together, and although she mostly has, that piece isn't there. Her temper is shorter, because whatever the heck these pieces put together is shorter. Jasmine wants, almost needs a friend. But sometimes, she loses them, simply because of herself. She doesn't have a friend in this small town, doesn't even have a chance to meet them. But she will, eventually, have to learn to trust. Or, in better terms, teach herself how to be a friend. Because soon, very soon she'll be caught up in a series of events that require it.

Appearance: Jazmine stands at about five feet and a half feet tall, an around average height for her age. Due to lack of things to do, she is pretty skinny from all of the wondering she does around town. Plus, she doesn't eat much fattening things, seeing as she lives with her grandmother. She has brown hair that goes down to about her chest. She likes to keep her hair in a pony-tail usually, but will occasionally let it down, especially on formal occasions. Her skin isn't tan, but it isn't pale either. Her eyes are jasper in color, or, a reddish, yellow-ish, brown-ish color (sound like a certain someone?).

Jazmine usually wears a dark blue t-shirt with a white eagle on it. However, some days she wears different colors, still bearing the same eagle, though. She always wears the same style blue jeans, dark blue, but she has many pairs. From all of the walking around town, Jazmine's black and white tennis shoes are a bit worn, but still fit and aren't falling apart. Her swimsuit is several sizes too small, and hasn't been used in a while, due to lack of water in small Littleroot. If it's chilly, Jazmine will throw on a black jacket, not too puffy. She doesn't have any formal wear, seeing as she's never been to anything formal in her life.

History: Jazmine was born in Celadon City in the Kanto region. Her parents, Chris and Jillian, were reporters, and did all kinds of work in Celadon. There were many other kids in Celadon, most of them boys, but a few other girls Jazmine's age. Jazmine was enrolled in Celadon Elementary at the age of five. Other than school and roaming town with friends (she wasn't allowed to even think of leaving town), nothing much happened in her life. No brothers and sisters. No family visits, except for the occasional visits from Grandma, Jazmine's mother's mother. Life was boring, but since Jazmine never knew anything beyond boring, it was normal.

Until 'The Day'. When Jazmine was ten years old, the year of her getting her first Pokémon, her parents had to leave for a business trip, leaving Jazmine with Grandma in Littleroot, Hoenn for a week. Jazmine was thrilled, finally someplace other than Celadon, and then she'd be back in her home for another week, and it'd be time for her Pokémon. Jazmine was wrong. She had fun in Hoenn, the change of air, the new sights. The first week, that is. But, on the final day, her parents never came. Jazmine waited, worried. But they never came back. Every morning, Jazmine would wake up and say, "Today is the day!" just to be disappointed. She was stuck in a nightmare, stuck in Hoenn, rather Pokémon-less. Five years rolled by, slowly. Jazmine lost hope. How could they still be alive? She told herself she'd be a reporter, a fragment of memory to her parents. She longed to go on a journey with a Pokémon, but Grandma said no, over and over. Grandma wouldn't let jasmine out of Littleroot. Until one day, a mysterious disappearance get's Jazmine interested.

RP Sample:

Spoiler:

There, all finished!

The RP Sample is a fairly important post. :D

Last edited:

slls81

Years
  • Okay everyone Sign Up's are closed... yeah I was only expecting 4 anyway (You notice I made 4 spots, and... yeah you get the idea :P)

Okay so all the sign up's were really good, and obviously you're all accepted

As to who gets what pokemon, there's a nice little list below that will tell you xD

Omnizaru - Tangela
    Drunk¬_¬ - Psyduck
    Luigi-a - Ponyta
    iPrincess - Pichu (Wildcard)

So thats how its split (worked out pretty nicely in the end :))

So in the RP we are at the semi-finals (still). These should be done by the end of the week, and then it's the final. Once that's done I'll set up the new region (and tidy up the front page of this thread and the main thread:P) and then you guys can begin. I'm hoping we'll be done in about 2 weeks, but thats just a guess... may be longer.

So yeah, if anyone has any questions just post them here and I'll do my best to answer them. So... yeah hopefully when we get to the new region it will be good... never tried 7 RPers before, so should be interesting :)

King!

better
    Years
  • OH thank you thank you thank you.

This is lovekly-jubbly.

I'll PM you now about the Jasper thing. :D

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • Awsome =D I'll probably make a trainer card at some point...

Also, 2 questions - Are we able to use PC Boxes? And are all evolution methods the same as in the games? Thanks :)

slls81

Years
  • @Omnizaru - Cool thanks :)

Any extra pokemon you have are sent to Maples lab (kind of like Ash's are sent to Professor Oak in the anime). Most evolutions are the same, the only ones i really change are the pokemon that evolve by trade. I'll just have them evolve at a level that I think is suitable :)

sasuneuchiha

Neither Darkness nor Light...
    Years
  • Ditch Bind for Slam on Steelix. I can think of more inteligent ways to pick something up with a tail...as for Pika, get rid of Growl. Why I kept it so long I will never know.

Back