• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who's excited about grand theft auto chinatowwn wars!!

dragonarche

Is back :D
    Years
    the official grand theft auto chinatown wars DS!! update thread/cheats/hints/stuff

yup GTA on the DS ..awesome huh?
    GTA on the ds is a new revolution to the ds
    with full 3d rendering
    and no 2D crap like on the older games like gta 2 and original gta
    gta ctw features a full isometric view(AKA top down harfish view) with rotatable camera
    and cell shading yes i said it right CELL SHADING
    like u know like HD graphics 4 ds
    yes the screen shot may look horribly bad but believe me
    the actual game play video is awesome don't rate games based on screen shots
    and there are NO yes NO game play lags at all!! game runs flawlessly with
    high frame rate you be suppressed.

vehicles in the game
    so far there are many many diff vehicles
    so far the only confirmed ones are:

motorcycles yup motorcycles
    cars 5bucks bet the stallions gonna be in the game
    planes yes planes not sure if they are highjackable
    helicopters sadly unhighjackable

THE PEDS AKA THE PEOPLE OF LIBERTY CITY

just like GTA IV
    peds will pull out umbrellas if starts raining
    peds will jump out of way if you try to run them over
    they will buy food from hot dog vans/stands
    interact with others
    get into fights with people inc cops

FEATURES
    full day night cycle
    features weather/sunny/rainy/storm/riots/and maby snow <snow not comfirmed
    many more

videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o443kgaHzpk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFS5MBy0L8Q
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrzkZwc5tqA

*fixed spelling
    written completely by me
    credits go to rockstargames for screenshots
    youtube for vedios
    4 days to go

~dragonarche

Last edited:

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    While i had a very hard time understanding what you said in your post, i must say that i am interested in the game, i loved playing the old top down GTA games and am looking forward to trying this one, I'm hoping that Liberty City's layout is the same as it in GTA4, because GTA4's Liberty City is easy and fun to travel around.

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
    Years
    It's a bit of a bump (Surprising, since the DS is "the" console of choice for Pokemon games, and this is a major title for it), but I reserved this today at the local Gamestop, and I am psyched, to say the least. I've heard it's amazing.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Jesus Christ dude, do you even know how to spell simple 3-letter words? I didn't understand a single thing that you said.

Capt. Couch

Wake me... When you need me...
    Years
    No offense intended, Dragonarche, but have you passed second-year English? Spell-check is also one of the greatest creations ever composed by mankind. As a bit of advice, I suggest you use it.

I'm not really too excited about it, but I'll pick it up after a few more reviews start flowing in. When I first heard about this game, I was caught a bit by surprise since it always seemed to me that any newer portable GTA game has found its rightful home on the PSP. I guess Rockstar has the right idea seeing how there is an average of 2 DSs per American household at this point.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    It does look stupid. I hate how, cartoony it looks. I wish it would be more like the PS3 titles.

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    It probably won't be as good as the PS2/PS3 makes for GTA, but will still be pretty cool playing it on two screens. The graphics may lack though and the storyline may be a bit vague.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Jesus Christ dude, do you even know how to spell simple 3-letter words? I didn't understand a single thing that you said.

Spam(how I hate that word), and it looks like he got all the 3-letter words right!

Anywho, the graphics would have to be better for me to buy it. I doesnt look or play like a GTA game IMO.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Spam(how I hate that word), and it looks like he got all the 3-letter words right!

Anywho, the graphics would have to be better for me to buy it. I doesnt look or play like a GTA game IMO.

If it's spam why reply to it saying "SPAM LOLOLOL MINI MOD"? Then you're just adding to the problem.

I think Chinatown wars looks ok actually, not as good as the Playstaion (various models) entries to the series, but still an ok looking game.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    Well sweeties, the new GTA has somewhat sparked my interest, mainly because it looks like GTA and GTA2.

Am I the only one actually likes the cel-shaded style? It's a better direction then the realistic gritty GTA4.

Oh a little tip sweeties, graphics != gameplay.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    >graphics != gameplay

That's true! Graphics are FAR more important. Remember, Video Games :3

Well yeah, you wouldnt buy a game that looked like a blind spider designed it just because it had acceptable gameplay ;]

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I have been trying to se whats so good about it since this thread was made and I still find myself uninterested. It looks like a damn blind spider made it now that its been mentioned.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    I like how they brought back the design of GTA2, except the Respect meter is gone...

meh, we'll see, GTA wasn't exactly designed to not be a graphically pretty game, so meh

Sushi.

AWESOME
    Years
    Well, I was never really into the GTA series.
    So sadly no. >.<

I don't even know why I'm posting here for no reason. >.<

Back