• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen First and Second Gen. Journey Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beedrill Lover

Beedrill Rox
Years
  • Talk about anything about the metal or colour games no rules except stick to topic and dont spam or flam Have fun and enjoy

Ill starts things off whats your fav part of the old games discuss what it is

my fav part is the cloning cuz you could clone a rare candy (first rare candy in R/B/Y Mt Moon G/S/C/ um near daycare i think get back to me on that one) lots of time so when you vs misty R/B/Y and chuck on G/S/C you can have a lvl 100 poekmon and you can complete the game in about 1 or 2 hours

discuss why you like/hate cloning give your reasons why

Also my pokemon essay

Pokemon why i love it

I love pokemon. I love the way they look. I love playing the pokemon games. Im gonna tell you the reasons why i love pokemon.

I love Pokemon because there so cool to look at and train. I like the way you can train a kool looking bee/wasp and vs a coconut or a pine cone. I like the way you have to vs gym leaders to use Hms. This is what i like about the pokemon games.

I wish pokemon was real. I wish pokemon was real so that i could have a Beedrill by my side at all times. No bullys would hurt me because my pokemon would protect me. wouldnt have to go to school i could go on a pokemon journey with my Beedrill. I really do wish pokemon was real.

My favourite type of pokemon is bug. I love bug pokemon because of there looks. I love insects and bugs and its a type of pokemon so i tarin them up. They are easy to tarin up and evolve. I love the environment they live in. That is why i love bug pokemon.

My Favourite pokemon is Beedrill. I love Beedrill because its a bug type my favourite type. Beedrill has got a stripe pattern on his body and i like that. I love the stingers on the end of this arms they look so dangerous. I wish i had a Beedrill as a pet.

They are some of the reasons why i Love pokemon. I could go on about how i love pokemon but then i would be here all day typing. I really think pokemon is cool. The creaters of pokemon should be proud of themself for createing the best invention of all time.

Hope you like my pokemon essay

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hey, I caught Mewtwo, using 1 Ultra Ball, After I had a lvl 60-something Hypno, use Hypnosis, and Headbutt, and got his HP down to the lowest. Is this lucky?

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2009
    I once found Suicune randomly while in that patch of grass next to Olivine, and luckily had Jynx at the top. Lovely Kiss, Body Slam, like 20hp left, everything going perfectly....
    Then, to my dismay, no ultra balls or fast balls.
    Just three Great Balls.
    Needless to say, the second one I threw actually caught it!
    Does feel like you didn't deserve it but still cool :)
    Oh and never found Entei OR Raikou in that game, and forgot to save before Lugia and killed him. :(
    Oh well. =)

Kiitsune

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2015
    I downloaded crystal on my phone, shame no music plays
    It's kind of a modded version too, all pokemon including starters are in grass and high level pokemon roam first batch of grass so I have to run although there rare :3
    (lvl 40 kadabra wooped my little cyndaquil)
    Fortunately, Growlithe's and Vulpix's, lvl 7 roam the grass also, so I have my first vulpix on Crystal straight away, I didn't hesistate to catch it
    It's a bit hard i'm stuck after my second battle with a trainer as his lvl 16 pidgey destroys cyndaquil and vulpix :(

Hope you liked my journeys so far ;p

Years
  • The music for your rival/E4/Red was plain epic.

Yeah it was! I'm so gonna make an mp3 out of it.. Ah the joys of music..
    I downloaded Silver to my phone the other day, here is my team-
    Pidgey lv 15
    Quilava lv 14
    Hoppip lv 6.
    Yuck. About to enter Union Cave..

Foxnordic

Common trainer
    Years
  • years ago when i was playing silver version, i was headbutting trees looking for herracross. After about two hours i run into a shiny pineco, i reduced its hp to about a mm, i threw pokeballs but it wouldn't capture it and then the pineco used selfdestruct :( but i think bug pokemon are awesome as well, beedrill is pretty ballin i have to admit

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2009
    I just had a "WTF" moment in Gold

So I play Gold a lot. I tried a few of the GBA Pokemon games, but I never could find as much enjoyment as in the Gold/Silver versions. I also play some Blue on the side.

So I have two Pokemon (just started a new game), Cyndiquil and Rattata. The Cyndiquil is L12, and the Rattata is L16. I went to the Azeala Gym (is that how you spell it?) and beat the first 3 people using only Rattata. I went for Bugsy with 21HP left. I whited out. Rattata fainted and Cyndiquil didn't have enough power to defeat the last Pokemon.

I healed and went back, this time sending Cyndiquil out first. I defeated the first Pokemon with a quick Ember attack (it was a Metapod). I got a 217 Exp bonus. It boosted the Cyndiquil to L13. Scyther was the next opponent. I took somewhere around 30 Damage. However, I defeated the Scyther too (it was a level 14). I got a 615 EXP BONUS. It shot me up to L15. I easily defeated the last pokemon (Weedle) and got another 200 Exp bonus. I got up to L16 and then evolved into Quilava.

I essentially boosted 4 levels in one battle and evolved because of it. And I never had to use my L16 Rattata. Seriously.

Ayselipera

Well fire has an advantage over bug and Rattata is a crappy pokemon anyways.

MLU

Returning Tradesman
    Years
  • FEAR THE RATTATA

Lol. Yeah, I think Cyndaquil is the easiest starter to train, considering it has the latest evolve chain.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2009
    I wouldn't really class it as a "WTF" moment. Pretty cool though. I've never raised Rattatas before.

The whole this was was that I needed a secondary Pokemon in case the Cyndiquil fainted. I decided on a small Rattata, just because of how many there were around. The one I caught (using standard Poke Ball) was a level 5, which was the highest of a wild Pokemon I'd seen (just before Violet City)

Some of it's moves like Hyper Fang are extremely effective. In some instances I was able to use it and defeat a same level Pokemon with a critical hit

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • Once I was playing pokemon Yellow and I didn't want to use my Master Ball ever, so I went to Mewtwo and I got my Articuno to use Ice Beam and Mewtwo froze in one hit and I threw a pokeball and caught it just like that, I tried the freeze thing on GenIII and it didn't work out so well

Pekachoo

LOLCATS
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2009
    When I was little, I never figured out what a fortress was!
    And when I checked the pokedex, it said bagworm.
    o.O??

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
  • just started playing crystal again, picked cyndaquill as a starter and caught a pidgey, going to catch a wooper as soon as i can.

my team:

Cyndquill Lv9
    Pidgey Lv8

EDIT: my Cyclods somehow reverted the game back to an old save file so had to start from just before i chose a starter, got past violet city (where i got to before) and now going through union cave

my team:

Quilava Lv17
    Pidgey Lv17
    Bellsprout Lv14

Last edited:

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I just beat Clair on my Japanese Crystal. Ariados took care of all the Dragonair, and Typhlosion just barely finished of Kingdra. I'm going to the Dragon's Den as we speak

Team:

Typhlosion
    Flame Wheel
    Swift
    Rock Smash
    Thunderpunch

Ariados
    Sludge Bomb
    Night Shade
    Fury Swipes
    Leech Life

Quagsire
    Surf
    Earthquake
    Amnesia
    Strength

and the rest are HM Slaves

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
  • Pokémon Crystal

Started this afternoon at 1Pm. Chose a Cyndaquil. [Aww he's so cute]
    Went to Mr. Pokémons house and obtained Pokédex from Prof. Oak.
    Cyndaquil gets his ass kicked by ???. I don't like ??? very much. He's a tad rude. :oGo to Prof. Elms lab. Name my Rival 'Fart' [I was gonna call him something much ruder but Fart is funnier and more childish] because I don't like him ¬¬
    Go to Violet city, Battle my way through sprout tower. [I don't want to see another Bellsprout FOR AS LONG AS I LIVE!]
    Thrash Falkners ass with Quilavae and Butterfree. [Butterfree narrowly escapes death by Pidgey.)
    Go through Union Cave. Find TM and Items.
    Go to Azalea town. Beat all he rockets with ease.
    Thrash Bugsys ass with Quialva.
    Beat rival outside Ilix Forest.
    Get that damn Farfetch'd.
    Catch a Paras and use cut to get to Goldenrod.
    Togepi hatches on 2nd level of Department store.
    Have to go ALL THE WAY BACK to New Bark Town.
    Just leaving Cherrygrove city when I saved to come down here. Run out of Repels. -.-

So I've had quite a busy morning XD

Current Team:

Butterfree: Lvl. 17
    Quilava Lvl. 19
    and

QUIVER IN FEAR

Togepi Lvl. 5

oh and the Odd Daycare Egg... forgotten what it hatches into :P

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back