• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Last Olympian (OU RMT)

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Introduction

I was supposed to face D_A in the PC tourney, but my cursed Shoddy acted up again. Before I dropped out, I created a team solely for this tournament. I know that D_A loves stall, and runs a very good prediction game. My goal was to attempt to use Pokemon that aren't seen as commonly to attempt to claim victory. Of course, this is D_A we're talking about here, so the chances of that are the chances of me scoring a cross cage high corner skip shot in water polo (T_T).

Strategy
    As said above, this team only has two of the top 10 used Pokemon as of March in it- One serves as my lead, while the other revenge kills. Apart from that, the four other Pokemon make up the core of my team- two provide early to mid game sweeping, one provides Wish Support, and one destroys late-game when all of its counters have been wiped out.

The Team

Swampert @ Leftovers
    Relaxed Nature
    240 HP/ 216 Def/ 52 Spa

Earthquake
    Ice Beam
    Stealth Rock
    Surf

The first thing I wanted to tackle was not using Aerodactyl as a lead. D_A knows that I love abusing the power of the prehistoric beast. Swampert can come out later, unlike Aerodactyl, however, and can either reset up Stealth Rock or eliminate Pokemon like Zapdos that damage the team. I usually run Stealth Rock first, because only Aerodactyl and Azelf run Taunt leads on a regular basis, and most of them get Stealth Rock up when they see Pert out.

Suicune @ Leftovers
    Timid Nature
    120 HP/ 172 Spa/ 216 Spe

HP Electric
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Calm Mind

This Suicune is the main reason why I win battles. This guy can come in at almost any time given that you can predict well. Switching in on a Choice Band Scizor's Bullet Punch and gaining a few free Calm Minds is always fun. After one or two Calm Minds, Suicune can rip apart a large portion of teams. HP Electric mashes Gyarados, Ice Beam deals with the pesky dragons and Celebi, and Surf is the obligatory STAB.

Gliscor @ Leftovers/Yache Berry
    Jolly Nature
    252 HP/40 Atk/ 216 Spe

Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Roost
    Swords Dance

My sole answer to Lucario, and an effective counter to HP Grass Zapdos. This set is guaranteed to outspeed any Lucario that doesn't have a Choice Scarf attached. This guy can wall and sweep at the same time thanks to Swords Dance and Roost. The QuakeEdge combo appears to maximize the coverage of Gliscor, only being resisted by Breloom in OU iirc.

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
    Naive Nature
    64 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 192 Spa

Overheat
    Close Combat
    U-Turn
    Grass Knot

The revenge killer for the team, Infernape can also mash up late-game with Close Combat if all fighting resists are taken out. Overheat is great on a hit-and-run Poke like Infernape, U-Turn smacks a hole in Latias, and Grass Knot is my answer to Swampert on this team.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
    Impish Nature
    240 HP/ 160 Def/ 32 Spe/ 76 SpD

Ice Punch
    Body Slam
    U-Turn
    Wish

This team needed some solid Wish support and a Steel to fight back against dragons. Jirachi provided both of these with its nice 100/100/100 Defenses. U-Turn gets me away from Magnezone, and Body Slam provides parahax, which is useful for Mamoswine. I chose Ice Punch over Iron Head to smack around the dragons.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
    Adamant Nature
    252 Atk/252 Spe/ 6 HP

Superpower
    Ice Shard
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge

Mamoswine makes a great late-game sweeper, packing a powerful Quake Edge combo and being able to mash around weakend Pokemon with Ice Shard. Superpower strips a lot off of Bronzong, who this team hates. I am considering Ice Fang, since Infernape can tear up Bronzong if needed.

Changes
    -Mamoswine got an Adamant Nature and Superpower>> Body Slam
    -Empoleon was subbed out for Jirachi
    -Latias was thrown out for Gliscor
    -Aerodactyl was thrown out for Swampert.

Threats (major ones in bold)

Scizor: Gliscor can laugh off most of its attacks and hit back with Stone Edge or Earthquake. Suicune can come in on a predicted Bullet Punch and set up in its face.
    Salamence: Jirachi can Ice Punch it, but otherwise, it can be pretty troublesome, especially if it gets a DD in. Mamoswine can revenge kill it with Ice Shard.
    Heatran: Suicune can switch on a Fire Blast and set up, Infernape can revenge kill it if needed.
    Gyarados: Suicune mashes it with HP Electric, Gliscor can outspeed as long as it doesn't get a DD in, and hit with Stone Edge.
    Infernape: Suicune can blow away with Surf as long as it doesn't switch in on Close Combat, my own Infernape can revenge kill if needed.
    Metagross: Mamoswine outspeeds and kills with Earthquake, as does Gliscor. Gliscor usually takes care of it because it's not weak to Bullet Punch.
    Tyranitar: Infernape, Mamoswine, and Gliscor all rip it apart with Close Combat/ Superpower and Earthquake/ Earthquake respectively.
    Blissey: Infernape tears apart with Close Combat, Gliscor uses any non-Ice Beam variant as setup fodder.
    Swampert: Infernape takes care of with Grass Knot.
    Latias: Infernape can leave a dent with U-Turn, allowing me to bring in either Suicune or Mamoswine, who ends it with Ice Shard/Ice Beam.
    Lucario: Gliscor outspeeds and walls all non-Ice Punch variants, and finishes it off with Earthquake.
    Gengar: Can't really do much to the team altogether. Shadow Ball meets Suicune, Thunderbolt is walled by Gliscor, Infernape can take a Trick, Suicune stops HP Fire and Ice, etc.
    Jirachi: Infernape mashes with Overheat. Swampert can hit with Earthquake if needed, but Jirachi is a problem.
    Zapdos: Gliscor can wall any non HP Ice variant and hit with Stone Edge, HP Ice variants meet Swampert.
    Celebi: Infernape takes care of it with U-Turn/Overheat, Jirachi also has U-Turn and Ice Punch, Mamoswine can Ice Shard it out.
    Starmie: Can be a problem. Suicune resists the majority of Starmie's moves, but Thunderbolt hurts.
    Azelf: Infernape hits with U-Turn, Swampert can dispatch lead variants and set up Stealth Rock afterwards.
    Breloom: Jirachi and Infernape both outspeed and can dispatch of it with Ice Punch/Overheat before Breloom uses Spore. If Spore does get in, Breloom is a problem.
    Gliscor: Suicune isn't OHKOed by any unboosted hit and slams back with Surf. Swampert can tank against it and get rid of it with Surf or Ice Beam.
    Vaporeon: Gliscor can hit it pretty hard with EQ, and if I get a SD before it comes in, I can finish it off pretty easily. Suicune also walls most of Vappy's attacks, only having to worry about Toxic.
    Bronzong: Superpower on Mamo takes half off, Infernape can blast through it with Overheat.
    Skarmory: Infernape mashes with Overheat, Suicune can hit it pretty hard with Surf, dealing up to 40% IIRC, allowing a clean KO with Ape if Suicune is phazed.
    Kingdra: Ouch. This guy causes problems if it gets a DD in. Jirachi can cripple it if it manages to get parahax with Body Slam, but otherwise, I run into problems.
    Flygon: Suicune hits with Ice Beam, Mamoswine can revenge kill with Ice Shard.
    Magnezone: ScarfZone can be annoying, but Infernape can tear through it. All other versions have to answer to Gliscor.
    Jolteon: Mamoswine walls any non-HP Grass set (which is Specs Jolt only). If Jolt has HP Grass, Gliscor walls.
    Machamp: The guy can get through a lot of my team, but has a hard time switching in, since Infernape, Gliscor, and Mamoswine can all strip off over half of his health with their respecitve STABs.
    Togekiss: Mamoswine pretty much eats up most sets with Stone Edge/Ice Shard/ Superpower, since very few Togekiss sets run Timid AND max speed. If Togekiss is causing a problem that Mamo can't handle, Swampert can deal with it pretty well.
    Rotom-h: If Suicune comes in on an Overheat, it becomes set-up fodder. Ditto for Gliscor and Thunderbolt, especially if its Specs/Trick Rotom. The classic check set becomes set-up fodder with Overheat as well, since it lowers special attack.
    Electivire: Gliscor mashes with Earthquake, as does Mamo. Suicune is the only way that Electivire can get a Motor Drive boost on this team, so its easy to predict him switching in.

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Just a note, i actually dont usually use stall teams. =x I enjoy building and using them because that gives me more of a challenge since offensive teams are easy to build and use imo.

Anyways contrary to your intro, most these sets are standard and your whole team is walled by the basis of most stall teams aka SkarmBlissCruel. :/

I despise defensive CM Latias, it just cries "Pursuit me plox", but w/e. =__=

Lucario shreds your entire team, Latias is unable to damage it sufficiently and dies to SD LO Crunch.

Mamo could in theory revenge kill but takes 73.96% - 87.26% (which is a crap load) from SD LO Extremespeed, so with SR up and LO recoil realistically its not gonna fly to well (you pretty much have to keep mamo on 100%). Not to mention Jolly Luke and the possibility of Bullet Punch. >.<

Replace Empoleon with a Lucario check (or counter) please.

Superpower is honestly better on mamo >> Body Slam and so is Adamant, mainly because with Adamant you can 2hko things like pert and actually do damage to Latias. Stripping ~50% from standard zong with Superpower is enough to warrant use imo.

Last edited:

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Just a note, i actually dont usually use stall teams. =x I enjoy building and using them because that gives me more of a challenge since offensive teams are easy to build and use imo.

Anyways contrary to your intro, most these sets are standard and your whole team is walled by the basis of most stall teams aka SkarmBlissCruel. :/

Lucario shreds your entire team Latias is unable to damage it sufficiently and dies to SD LO Crunch.

Mamo could in theory revenge kill but takes 73.96% - 87.26% (which is a crap load) from SD LO Extremespeed, so with SR up realistically its not gonna fly to well. >.<

Replace Empoleon with a Lucario check imo.

Superpower is honestly better on mamo >> Body Slam and so is Adamant, mainly because with Adamant you can 2hko things like pert and actually do damage to Latias. Stripping ~50% from standard zong with Superpower is enough to warrant use imo.

Lucario hasn't been much of a problem, mainly because Infernape revenge kills it with ease.

SkarmBliss falls to Scarfape as well (not without switching out, though), and Tentacruel really doesn't do much either, since Empoleon can leave a dent in it, and I don't think the standard Tentacruel does much with HP Electric. Probably wrong on that though.

I'll change Body Slam to Superpower, I mainly had it on there for paralysis. If I did that, could I change out Latias for Zapdos? Latias surprisingly was more of death fodder the majority of the time.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Lucario hasn't been much of a problem, mainly because Infernape revenge kills it with ease.

I wish you the best of luck surviving a +2 LO Extremespeed. =/

SkarmBliss falls to Scarfape as well (not without switching out, though), and Tentacruel really doesn't do much either, since Empoleon can leave a dent in it, and I don't think the standard Tentacruel does much with HP Electric. Probably wrong on that though.

No but when used together they do wall you.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    What about ExtremeSpeed? Choice Scarf isn't going to save Infernape from that.

I only have to worry about that if Luke gets a SD in. +2 Extremespeed does ~80-90%, +0 only does up to 45% (libelldra calculations). In that case, Lucario does become a problem.

EDIT: At D_A, is why I'm considering Zapdos. I don't want to drop Empo though, since he actually has been able to take out large chunks of teams.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I only have to worry about that if Luke gets a SD in. +2 Extremespeed does ~80-90%, +0 only does up to 45% (libelldra calculations). In that case, Lucario does become a problem.

??

+2 LO ES Vs your ape : - Damage: 100.34% - 118.09%

Damage: 50.51% - 59.39% <---Unboosted LO ES does this.

o.0

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    ??

+2 LO ES Vs your ape : - Damage: 100.34% - 118.09%

Damage: 50.51% - 59.39% <---Unboosted LO ES does this.

o.0

Ugh, I realized after my post that I forgot to put Life Orb as an item in the calculations. T_T (note:chlorine kills your brain)

Who should I trash for Zappy? (no Empo)

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Okay so you took 5 random sweepers, an oudated suicide lead, and hoped for the best. Wonderful, not only are you metagame weak in every sense of the word (things like Scizor just pick at your team and you have no solid way of dealing with it, other than Infernape which still takes a lot from a CB Bullet Punch, and also takes neutral damage from Stealth Rock and is affected by Sandstorm). You have a hard time sponging hits from the likes of CB Tyranitar, which mauls you since you have no solid Rock resist (do not say Empoleon because Empoleon is not going to do anything, and takes an assload from Stone Edge). You have a hard time taking things like Electivire (physical versions can actually cause a lot of problems). Specs and Life Orb Jolteon eat away at your team and essentially just begin wearing it down, which is easy to do since you've got no recovery, outside of Latias who is total Pursuit bait without Reflect or an offensive spread to at least ward off Pursuiters. Wish without Protect sucks, and since you're going to be sweeping with her, you better put Recover on that now.

Swords Dance Lucario eats you alive. It can even run Crunch and 6-0 you easily. A Swords Dance Close Combat OHKOs everything bar Latias on your team, and your only true way to stop it is to pray Aqua Jet (lol) deals enough to revenge kill it. That's the next thing I'd like to get into. What the hell are you doing using Empoleon? SubPetaya outdamages it so much you wouldn't believe, and no, using it does not make the team "original" "cool" or "creative". I'd much rather use a Druidcruel because it at least has Speed and Poison Jab to ward off Grass-types as well as hit Celebi (who Druidcruel outspeeds). Empoleon is slow, and totally stopped by Gyarados and Salamence, who are faster and OHKO it. The fact that SD Empoleon fails to guarantee an OHKO 252 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar with Aqua Jet with even Torrent is sad.

Okay, number 1, get rid of Empoleon. It's terrible, and is walled by everything that has anything over Sharpedo defenses. Replace it with something that can take the likes of Lucario, potentially a Swords Dance Gliscor, who not only can outrun Gyarados and some Salamence, but can actually hurt them. You could run a bulky Tank or an offensive Life Orb version. Both of them actually hurt things, unlike that ass Empoleon. I'd much rather use Ice Fang > Superpower on Mamoswine because when Hippowdon walls an Ice-type with 512 Attack, you know you're doing something wrong. Ice Fang is also a safer option than EQ in most cases, and still hits things hard. In other words, it doesn't suck as most would expect it to. I would replace Latias with either a fully defensive specimen, or a Choice Specs. The former can benefit the team by spreading paralysis or even Reflect, and the latter can hurt things while not being total Pursuit bait. The reason is that Draco Meteor does so much to Scizor and Tyranitar, that they are tempted to U-turn or Crunch (respectively) due to being afraid of Pursuiting and failing to secure a KO, while being killed in the process.

So yeah, I think Aerodactyl sucks but use it if you must. I'd replace it with something bulky, since this team gets holes punched through it due to lack of immunities and resistances. Heavy stall also destroys you, so Gliscor can help in that sense, as well as Latias Tricking. If you decide to be ignorant and not take my suggestions, go ahead, but I guarantee you will do better if you heed my word.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    After reading Vance's post, I saw just how horrible this team is. I'm currently running a full revamp on the team, throwing out Empoleon and Latias, and searching around for things that are more on the bulky side, like Zapdos and stuff. I'll edit the team then.

P.S. Suicune dies of laughter at your comment about Scizor. Outspeeds and uses as setup fodder.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    After reading Vance's post, I saw just how horrible this team is. I'm currently running a full revamp on the team, throwing out Empoleon and Latias, and searching around for things that are more on the bulky side, like Zapdos and stuff. I'll edit the team then.

P.S. Suicune dies of laughter at your comment about Scizor. Outspeeds and uses as setup fodder.

Suicune doesn't 2HKO with Surf but takes an assload from LO X-Scissor or CB U-turn.

Back