• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you...?

Years
    • GA
    • Seen May 3, 2009
    Alright, Pokemon fans out there. Advanced C++ programmer in the field of DirectX Game programming, and Windows API here. I have decided that the potential for a 3-D Online MMO featuring Pokemon is just about limitless, and have begun consideration of creating a game just to fit that potential.

But before I even start, I want to know what you all think about it.

Were talking about a completely 3-Dimensional environment game, with an absolutely huge world size, much like the size of World of Warcraft's original continent sizes.

Battles, championships, contests, exciting adventures, and intriguing mysteries, all sorts of jazz.

Whats it sound like people? Comments? Ill take suggestions, but I haven't began brainstorming every idea just yet. Should I spend some time on this? Would you play it?

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    I will not support this until you have a working game system and up to 5% of the game actually made.
    Way to many people say that they are doing this and never even get to a screenshot.

Years
    • GA
    • Seen May 3, 2009
    Never said I was going to do it, until I have a little input on it. Not going to waste my time on an empty interest.

Years
    We don't even have proof that you are advanced in any programming language at all. Unless you have proof, then we would be a bit more inclined to support the project. Second of all, very little (if any) users here have any experience in 3D-modeling programs like Milkshape and Blender.

Now, I don't want this post to be condesending or mean. It's just that as a new user, no one really knows you, and no one really knows if you can actually do anything you say you can.

The idea on the whole sounds good, the only things that prevent this from being a good one are copyright violations (you know Nintendo would be on your ass if this actually came to be) and the fact that people would probably not want to do work for you (since you haven't really proven yourself yet).

Years
    • GA
    • Seen May 3, 2009
    Above:

If I decide to start, i'm going to ask for permissions, and it would be a free-2-play anyway.
    And; I can use Blender and Maya.

Also:
    Im not asking you guys to question what I can and can not do. I'm asking you if it would be a good idea to start, and if you would play it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    Never said I was going to do it, until I have a little input on it. Not going to waste my time on an empty interest.

When I made my post I ment if did in fact start.
    I knew you did not start and that you might not start.

Years
    • GA
    • Seen May 3, 2009
    After some inspiration from both of my little brothers, and countless days of bringing the topic into conversation, I am starting. On a one man boat at the moment, and have scripted a main menu from scratch. I'm currently brainstorming mechanics. You can now ask me questions/submit suggestions. Ears open.

Side note: Direct X programming is like trying to sculpt a rock into a statue with only a chisel and a hammer.

Screenshots and updates will come as I go. I'm not taking screenshots of anything until I am absolutely sure its perfect and will not be changed on a dime of time.

Another side note referring to releasing a game only a few days after starting: Ha.

Last edited:
    Back