• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ray's Overworld Sprites(Sheet Project)

Do you like my OverWorld sprites?

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    .::Introduction::.
    Hello everyone, i'm Ray, and this is my project of overworld sprites.
    I decided to keep a sheet with all my overworld sprites so far,and i thought it'd be great to post it here! :D

.::My Goal::.
    My goal is to remember all the o/w sprites i made,and entertain people(if thats possible) with my work.I'll update the sheet every time i make a new o/w.

.::Overworld Sprites Sheet::.
    So,this is a sheet with all my o/ws so far:

An here are the Overworld sprites separated:

.::O/w descriptions::.
    The o/w with the orange hair is the hero of ageangels hack,i made it from scratch.

The Riley o/w is made from scratch, i have a video about it.

The girl with the blue hair is a D/P/Pl rip, made from scratch,and this one took me hours.

As you can see,there's a HG & SS hero sprite.The front is a normal rip,thanks to Gamer2020.I made the rest of the frames, i know they are not the best, but...

This o/w with the black hair and the white "thing" is..me.Im going to use that sprite to my Trilogy hacks,Darkstars.
    I made that one based on another o/w.

.::Rules::.
    No theft of course,i won't let anyone take my o/ws
    if you want an o/w,you just have to ask me.
    Critism is allowed,it helps me to improve. ;D

.::Credits::.
    The wonderful tool i'm using,the rebirth edition,the o/w editor,credits go to HackMew

Whack a hack for giving me the tool!

my computer(lolwut?)for letting the tool work(other tools[except a-map and others] don't work on my computer)

Gamer2020 for his front SS & HG hero rip

I hope you post your opinion!

Last edited:

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
    Wow, you have some good OW skills. I cannot make anyrhing as good as this, these sprites, I see no need for improvements, they're already great as is. Right now for my Fire Red hack, I'm working on editing te ow's, but I can't get the side view for the hair right, xD. do you have any sugestions?

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    Wow, you have some good OW skills. I cannot make anyrhing as good as this, these sprites, I see no need for improvements, they're already great as is. Right now for my Fire Red hack, I'm working on editing te ow's, but I can't get the side view for the hair right, xD. do you have any sugestions?

Thanks,i'm just starter at o/w spriting.But i used to pixel-art.
    And no,i don't have any suggestions,cause i don't know how i make my o/ws,i just put random pixels together,or i just have talent. :D

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
    Thanks,i'm just starter at o/w spriting.But i used to pixel-art.
    And no,i don't have any suggestions,cause i don't know how i make my o/ws,i just put random pixels together,or i just have talent. :D
    XD oh ok, but thanks anyways, but still your sprites are awesome :D

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
    Okay, Nope I'm not flaming you or anything these are actually quite good. You are making them in gba dimensions but in ds style? So this actually making the sprites look rather weird. On quite a few the shading is really weird, I suggest trying to learn the concept of it then trying again. Because you are making the dimensions and style in a rather weird way, the parts where the sprites should be rounded and you are making them too scratchy and un-rounded. Hope this helps you and keep on spriting!

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    Okay, Nope I'm not flaming you or anything these are actually quite good. You are making them in gba dimensions but in ds style? So this actually making the sprites look rather weird. On quite a few the shading is really weird, I suggest trying to learn the concept of it then trying again. Because you are making the dimensions and style in a rather weird way, the parts where the sprites should be rounded and you are making them too scratchy and un-rounded. Hope this helps you and keep on spriting!

Huh?I don't see anything like that on my sprites,buti'll be more careful next time.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    XD oh ok, but thanks anyways, but still your sprites are awesome :D

Go read the rules, you have to post with constructive criticism. It's not hard, Alice done it well enough.

Huh?I don't see anything like that on my sprites,buti'll be more careful next time.
    I can see exactly what she's talking about. D/P style doesn't suit the GBA dimensions, it looks more cramped, edgy and distorted. There's also inconsistencies in your style, some bodies are FR/LG style, some are more R/S, some are more D/P/P, if I was you I'd take what Alice said and get to work on amending these. Remember, keep following constructive criticism and you'll rapidly improve.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    Go read the rules, you have to post with constructive criticism. It's not hard, Alice done it well enough.

I can see exactly what she's talking about. D/P style doesn't suit the GBA dimensions, it looks more cramped, edgy and distorted. There's also inconsistencies in your style, some bodies are FR/LG style, some are more R/S, some are more D/P/P, if I was you I'd take what Alice said and get to work on amending these. Remember, keep following constructive criticism and you'll rapidly improve.

I'm really don't bothered by the styles,and i don't see anything weird. :\
    And Alice was Goodies. :D

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I'm really don't bothered by the styles,and i don't see anything weird. :\
    And Alice was Goodies. :D

That's a pretty sucky attitude, if you are gonna ignore crit and blatant style issues then why even post your sprites? I mean consistency and proportions are hugely important in spriting and you seem to ignore both, then ignore people who point it out.

Years
    The spiky hair's shading isn't in line with the rest of the sprite (nor the standard Pokemon OW sprites)
    You pillow shaded it, something which is not used on OW sprites at all. The lighting comes from above and it's pretty pivotal that you keep it in mind when you sprite otherwise the end product will end up clashing with any and everything.

You are also rather inconsistent when it comes to outlining your sprites. The hair on one character has black outlines while it does not on another and part of the body has a different colored outline too. Either make the entire sprite have black outlines or get a more uniform approach.

And as has already been said, I'd just like to reiterate that spriting in D/P style looks very cramped on FR/LG proportioned sprites.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I must say i do like your sprites i give you a lot of credit form them but t=with that said i feel that the demensions are a little un even off. Their heads seem a little too big i feel. The Sprite at the top left has a rather over-sized jaw xD
    And the Kinda blue girl is a bit too blue. I find it hard to tell her hair from her body. Maybe try different shades? Also i dont see any legs but maybe you haven't finished her?
    But anyways i think it is great work! I don't see many problems otherwise! Work on outlining and maybe head size and shades and they'll be fine! 7.5/10

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    That's a pretty sucky attitude, if you are gonna ignore crit and blatant style issues then why even post your sprites? I mean consistency and proportions are hugely important in spriting and you seem to ignore both, then ignore people who point it out.

I wasn't ignoring the critism,i'm just saying my opinion.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    While ignoring his criticism at the same time....

How can you be so sure about my feelings?You're miles away from what i feel,you can't....oh,never mind...

for the last time,i wasn't ignoring his critism,but how critism is gonna help me if i don't really see te problem?

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
    Years
    How can you be so sure about my feelings?You're miles away from what i feel,you can't....oh,never mind...

for the last time,i wasn't ignoring his critism,but how critism is gonna help me if i don't really see te problem?

That's why constructive criticism is given. To show you what you should fix because you originally didn't see the problem.

Anyways, I think that you should redo the normal front facing Gold sprite in the style of the others in that set because it doesn't seem to fit. His hat is different and it just looks plain odd.

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
    They're not horrible, but there's something... missing. Firstly, you need to at least put them on a transparent background. They're also a little unclear. Try doing D/P style with an actual D/P size.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    That's why constructive criticism is given. To show you what you should fix because you originally didn't see the problem.

Anyways, I think that you should redo the normal front facing Gold sprite in the style of the others in that set because it doesn't seem to fit. His hat is different and it just looks plain odd.

Right,i'll do it when i have time.

They're not horrible, but there's something... missing. Firstly, you need to at least put them on a transparent background. They're also a little unclear. Try doing D/P style with an actual D/P size.

I like to do them FR/LG style,but they look un-normal,just like everyone else said.
    Thanks anyway.

Taz Maverick

Inactive
    Years
    These are great o/ws Ray!But the head of the HG & SS player of the back-frame is a little weird. :S
    And the dimensions are weird in the Platinum rips. :O

Back