• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Age of Exploration Storyline

Exiled~Shadow

Once, JJMcay Now Exiled~Shadow
Years
  • Hello all, this is the basic story line for a game i am making. It's very early in the production stages so i just wanted to see if anyone is actually interested in the storyline.

Also, this was originaly based of an RP created by King! so i give credit to him for that. Also credit goes to all the RPer's who's characters appear in the game. Particularly Wolfsrain23for Dante Falyr who is a bit like Dumbledoor i guess. Dumbledoor is always watching over Harry Potter and protecting him much like Dante Falyr watches over and protects the protagonist. Dante is a major character in the game.

~~~~

An untold tale of the high seas...
    A tale of the dawn of exploration...
    A tale that spans time...
    A tale, never told before...

Pokémon: Age of Exploration

~~~~

--==Intro==--

150 years before the events of G/S/C was a time of prosperity and plunder, adventure and exploration. This time, was known as the age of exploration...

You awaken with a massive weight upon your head, dazed and confused a young boy asks you if your ok and for your name... Strangely you cant remember.... Quite frankly... You can't remember anything... You get an extremely bad pain in your head, you lean down holding your head trying to soothe the pain. You look up to ask the boy where you are but hes gone. You scramble to your feet slightly dazed and look over your shoulder amazed to see a massive town full of chartering people and fleets of wooden ships... You head down to the hill with only one thought. To find out who you are, where you are and even when you are.

Basically thats the start of the game, now for the actual plot.

You awake in Newbark Town, Johto 150 years before the events of G/S/C, the same year that the Tin Tower was burned down (Coincidence? i think not.) You head down a hill to New Bark Dock. After wondering around and asking some questions you manage to find yourself as a member of the crew of the Galleon exploration ship, The "Uno". Signed on as the navigators assistant, you are called up for a demonstration of your Pokemon's skills before you head out to sea... But as far as you know you don't have a Pokemon. You ask someone what a Pokemon is and they just laugh at you.

You feel a bulge in you pocket and reach inside. You feal another headache coming on when suddenly you have a flashback of the past... Or is it the future? You are at school and are participating in a multi-question test witch you hand into your teacher. Shocked and astounded by your results you teacher rushes you into a back room where you have a select choice of one of 3 exclusive Pokemon. After you choose the Pokemon of your desire the flashback ends. Amazed by what you just saw you examine the Pokeball and accidentally press the button that releases the Pokemon.

Amazed by what just happen you assume that this is a Pokemon and take it to the first mate for inspection. He is shocked by the rare Pokemon you bring before him but says it it up to standard. He says the captain has ordered all apricorns to be destroyed because you need to have a strong connection with your Pokemon and the best way for that to happen is to be with them 24/7. You say you don't know what an apricorn is and he explains it is the device your Pokemon lives in. You hand him the Pokeball but he says he has no idea what it is. He says just make sure you keep your Pokemon out of this ball all the time and it should be fine.

After sailing, training and stopping at a few towns your ship is attacked by a Privateer Swoop forcing you to crash on an island. A man reaches out to help you up and when you grab his hand you have another flash back. It is only vague but you are surrounded by 3 men and a small pixie like green Pokemon appears.

Now to speed thing up a bit. That is the first part of the game, but after that you discover you were saught out by a group of men who needed someone pure of heart to summon celebi for unknown reasons. You were only a young trainer at the time so you agreed to help. They then used celebi to warp you and themselves 200 years into the past, witch is 150 years before G/S/C when the tin tower was still standing. They then went to the tin tower and tried to climb the tower to capture Lugia. Stopped by the trio of dogs (I know some of you may say that they were created after the tower burned down but actualy they wernt. They were re born after the tower burned.) Raikou then in a rage summoned a bolt of lightning to stop the men witch burned the tower to the ground. They then capture Lugia. You, Dante Falyr and Jason Daal (The Captins first mate) stop them from obtaining Ho-oh aswell. They race of shouting they allready have all they need before Ho-Oh re births the legendary dogs before flying off into the seting sun.

You are confronted by a strange dog like Pokemon, known in anciant storys as The Guradian. The Guardian of a most powerfull crystal that can create the most complex lifeforms form total lifeless-ness. Your mission is to prevent the men from reuniting Lugia and Ho-Oh by using lugia to summon Ho-oh by creating a storm. If this were to happen atop Mt. (Name not decided) the mountain would split leaving a direct path to the crystal. The mountain is in another reigon and you have 3 days to get there before the "ritual" will take place.

You take the Uno and head to the reigon to prepare to stop the pokemon reuniting.

Some days later the same three men used Lugia to create a storm, witch Ho-Oh would come to bing the sun witch would clear the storm. They then captured Ho-Oh and took off once more. (I know so many legendary encounters are a little unrealistic but it makes sence soon.) You stop them and the pokemon are freed. You keep the guardian as he seals the mountain so it can never be opend again.

Lugia goes to whirl islands and Ho-Oh begins to fly around.

Any thaughts?? Its very early in the production stages and i got very tierd writing all this out.

Also the reason they had to travel into the past to do this because the mountain was all ready sealed in the future.

EDIT: First and Only map you will be looking at untill i get the official thread up!
    Spoiler:

Go to the DeviantART page for credits and description:

https://exiled-shadow.deviantart.com/art/Pokemon-AOE-Newbark-Town-130790811

Last edited:

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
    Years
  • The story line is pretty interesting, I must say that this could make a pretty good game. What will happen during the adventure though? What kind of events? What is going to make the player keep playing?

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
    Years
  • wow that is the most in depth story line ive seen ill be supporting this and what a great idea about tin tower!!

i know its early i just wondered if i could help with ideas/other part of the plot, or be a beta tester please

just wondering will the rare pokemon be fakemon or real rare pokemon

thanks

~kian

Exiled~Shadow

Years
  • Thanks so much guys :D I'm so glad you like it :D yea, the guardian is a fakemon but there is also an entire region of fakemon that you stay to explore in search of a way to get back into the future :D

i know its early i just wondered if i could help with ideas/other part of the plot, or be a beta tester please
    Sure :D Right now I'm taking any ideas into consideration so feel free to put yours out there :)

But I'm not going to release an official thread til i have about 25% of Johto and the story done... Because i noticed with most games they start running out of updates so the game dies but I'm going to have a few updates up my sleeve before i post my thread.

wow that is the most in depth story line Ive seen ill be supporting this and what a great idea about tin tower!!
    Yea, i thought it would be cool to go into the history of the tin tower :) i also forgot to put in there that you and dante go to slowpoke well to try and get one to yawn so it will rain and the fires will go out. either that or the storm Lugia creates puts the fire out..

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
    Years
  • This looks awesome! Who would've thought that someone would have turned an RP into a game. (I'm surprised more people haven't done it...)

I like the idea about going into the origins of the Tin Tower. It's pretty original :)

Anyways, can't wait to see it finished! (and see Dante and Rayne in action :D)

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    off dude i was expecting it to be good but waw this utilises some standard story line trates but at the same time its to my knowledge compleatly unique, I also now see why you want me to create that ship so bad, about that I have had very little time to do anything much this last week its been so hectic you wouldent beleive but i will get it done sooner or later

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    Thanks so much man :D that means alot to me :) and i can wait for the ship :D take as long as you like :) and i spose by utilises you mean utilizes. :)

ye thats what i meant :D

and i will work on the ship when ever i have the time and as soon as photoshop decides to start up :p

King!

better
    Years
  • ......I'm so proud!

My little RP! A game! Wow.....

You've really beefed the general idea up, and added a lot more. I haven't read the whole plot, I like surprises(:P), but it looks great!

Exiled~Shadow

Years
  • It's great I'd love to play this when it's done. Does our agreement still stand, because I want to be a part of this project.

Ah, i had forgotten about that :) yea sure it does i'd love for you to still be apart of the project and i'll let you know whenever i need you :)

......I'm so proud!

My little RP! A game! Wow.....

You've really beefed the general idea up, and added a lot more. I haven't read the whole plot, I like surprises(:P), but it looks great!

Yea that's what i was aiming for, i actually wanted there to be some mystery in the game. And i think its good you didn't read the whole plot. I didn't wanna upload it all but i did because i wanted to see if people thought it was anygood witch clearly they do :)

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    Hey this is looking really great! My only suggestion would be to read over it and fix any grammar errors such as witch-->which. After that i think it will be great. Best of luck to you!

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    Well The story is great. Also is that the Hero and Heroine in your sig? Those sprites look great aswell! :) As for what you've posted already I dont see any problem. My only problem is what we might see in the future of this thread. With games set in the past or future there is a look problem. Will you have tiles that match 150 years prior to G/S/C? Also will you have items and whatnot that fit the time period? But Anyways this looks very good my friend!

Exiled~Shadow

Years
  • Well The story is great. Also is that the Hero and Heroine in your sig? Those sprites look great aswell! :) As for what you've posted already I dont see any problem. My only problem is what we might see in the future of this thread. With games set in the past or future there is a look problem. Will you have tiles that match 150 years prior to G/S/C? Also will you have items and whatnot that fit the time period? But Anyways this looks very good my friend!

Yea that is the Hero and Heroine, There dressed in more modern cloths because there from more modern times :) And yes, i do have tiles that look older, thanks to numerous resources and especially ducklol from deviant art. Also with the items yea, i have planned for that. Hollowed out Apricorns, antique Poké Balls witch are a metal ball made using an apricon and has a screw top lid to release the pokemon. Other items such as Berry Mix and cirtain berries will replace potions and Ancient Scrolls and Aincent Books replace TM's and HM's respectively. So yea, i pretty much have most of all that covered but i am open to alternate ideas.

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    Do you have any screens?
    you can't really judge or crit a game off the storyline.

no he doesent hes only just started planning it out i know im helping out with one of the main tiles which is the ship

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
    Years
  • are you planning on making a bar to make more poeple see this thread i mus say i think almost everyone will like this.

ideas:

will you be planning on catching entie (spelling worng) and raiku(spelling :)) in the wild
    or my idea maybe having a depth story line with them like they have with suicune

entie: place it could be a secret volcano you can open whith a HM,fire cave
    raiku: place it could be power plant/ electric cave

or maybe secret places like they have for the regies

well i can help with the fakemon after ive learned some more about sprites but at the moment i suck lol :)

but if you need help im here

thanks

~kian

Last edited:

Exiled~Shadow

Years
  • Do you have any screens?
    you can't really judge or crit a game off the storyline.

If you actually read the whole first post you would know that i only put the story line up because i wanted to know if anyone was interested in it. As for screenies, we wont be seeing those untill i have quite a few maps done, however i have got a revamped Newbark Town that is nearly finished. Depending on how i feel i might show that.

are you planning on making a bar to make more poeple see this thread i mus say i think almost everyone will like this.

ideas:

will you be planning on catching entie (spelling worng) and raiku(spelling :)) in the wild
    or my idea maybe having a depth story line with them like they have with suicune

entie: place it could be a secret volcano you can open whith a HM,fire cave
    raiku: place it could be power plant/ electric cave

or maybe secret places like they have for the regies

well i can help with the fakemon after ive learned some more about sprites but at the moment i suck lol :)

but if you need help im here

thanks

~kian

I'll make a bar when the official game thread is up but as for now...

Yes, all the legendary's will have there own in depth side quest, accept for Ho-oh, If you preform enough good deed's and earn the title of "Pure Heart" in t\my karma system (I'll explain more about that when i start a thread) Ho-oh will seek you out and actually join your party... How cool is that?? But they say and Entai is born when ever a volcano errupts, so a volcano erupts and someone sends you there to see if there are any survivors and what do ya know? You run into an Entai!! Simmilar things with Raikou and Scuicaine but there will be story behind all of them...

As for the sprites, show me some of your work and i might let you help. I plan on having a very different battle system than most games so for that to happen i need a different kind of sprite to the original pokemon ones but i allso need sprites like the original for the Pokedex (Yes you have one, you aquire it before you are taken into the past)

Back