• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction of the Month (October): Pocket Monsters Chronicles PG-14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yamato-san

Banned
Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Feb 15, 2012
    Welcome. You might recognize this fic, but if not, I hope you grow to love my work. Before you read, I should make some things clear to all of you.

-Let me say this right now, if you're turned off by typical trainer fics, this will look like one for a while at the beginning. However, I can assure you that the storyline changes severely later on, things will become very dark. Please, let me ask that you don't stray away from my fic immediately.

-Also, if you're turned off by script formats, I can assure you mine is very descriptive and well-done. I even PMed a mod over at Serebii for approval before I posted it. And, this was originally gonna be a doujinshi, so I find a script really does it justice.

-I will try to update this weekly, but I can get occupied quite easily, and I have college now, so I'm not making any promises.

-For those curious of origins, as I said, Pocket Monsters Chronicles was originally conceived as a doujinshi manga by my little brother, who has the screen name Hiro (same as the main character). However, he couldn't scan the pages, time passed, and he got friggin lazy over the whole thing. He allowed me to write it on Serebii as a fanfic, and I'm now posting it here. While some of the original concept of his story is still there, I rewrote a lot of it.

-This fanfic does not use the English names from the American version of Pokemon, Pocket Monsters Chronicles uses Japanese names from the original Pocket Monsters series. So you don't get confused, I'll put a list of Japanese names compared to English ones before every chapter. Some Japanese names I will translate (ex. Mizu Deppou to Water Gun), but if you're curious as to how they're said in Japanese, I'll put a list like that along with the name notes. I'll also use a bit of Japanese culture in this fic and make notes of that (as well as notes of certain inside jokes or scientific facts not everyone would know of), however, unlike the name notes, the cultural notes will go at the bottom of the post.

-This does not take place in the anime continuity. It takes place in an entirely different continuity, but there are some similarities and cameos to the anime world. Also, the world is a bit more futuristic, kinda like the one in Toshihiro Ono's Dengeki Pikachu manga. I'll also have little things from said manga such as a holographic Pokemon Zukan (Pokedex).

-The PG-14 rating is there for a reason. There is some strong language, violence, sexual situations, etc., especially later on in the story.

-It should be noted that on this forum, chapters are only up temporarily before they're replaced with the next chapter. I'm doing this because I try hard to make my writing seem manga/anime-like in quality, and reviewers (from Serebii) even commented that they could picture an anime/manga while they read it. By replacing old chapters with new chapters, I stimulate the experience of anime episodes airing weekly (or in the case of manga, having a chapter show up in a weekly/monthly magazine). If you start reading this fanfic at a late point, it'd be part of the experience to wonder what happened in previous chapters. However, don't worry, you will be able to see earlier chapters eventually. Anime and manga usually release their older stuff in DVDs and collection novels, and I intend to do the same here. After a while, I will post several of the old chapters at once later on in the thread. And I realized some people would be uncomfortable with the idea, so just so new readers know, I had a poll before making my final decision, and more people were in favor of my experiment than against (and I didn't vote on my own poll). If you want to see previous chapters that have been reposted so far, just scroll past the previous ones.

-I have an older version of this fic that wasn't scripted (I posted it before I learned that Serebii DOES allow script fics). I can't post the link, though.

-I'm also posting this fic at Bulbagarden, as well as Serebii of course. I also have the older, non-scripted version somewhere in the depths of fanfiction.net, but due to lack of reviews there (I didn't even get one), I decided to just abandon that.

-Please, please, please review. I won't threaten to stop this fic if you don't review, but I would be glad to see them. Also, please post an actual review instead of spam.

-So everyone knows, つづく (read as "tsudzuku") means "to be continued".

-I will be editting this first post to list updates.

UPDATES
    05/14/05- reposted chapters 7-12 (Volume 2).
    04/24/05- took down chapter 14, posted chapter 15.
    04/16/05- took down chapter 13, posted chapter 14.
    04/09/05- took down chapter 12, posted chapter 13.
    03/20/05- took down chapter 11, posted chapter 12.
    03/01/05- took down chapter 10, posted chapter 11.
    02/14/05- took down chapter 9, posted chapter 10.
    01/07/05- took down chapter 7 and 8, posted chapter 9.
    12/24/04- posted chapter 8, reposted chapters 1-6 (Volume 1).
    12/18/04- took down chapter 6, posted chapter 7.
    12/11/04- took down chapter 5, posted chapter 6.
    11/27/04- took down chapter 4, posted chapter 5.
    11/07/04- took down chapter 3, posted chapter 4.
    11/04/04- I'm looking for someone to color in PMC artwork. For more details, either scroll down to one of my later posts or look here.
    10/31/04- took down chapter 2, posted chapter 3.
    10/24/04- took down chapter 1, posted chapter 2.
    10/23/04- poll results: I'm going through with my experiment.
    10/17/04- please go to this poll.
    10/04/04- posted thread and chapter 1.

EDIT: I just noticed this. What the hell? I can't say where this fic was originally posted at? Well, apparently not the full name. I can still say Serebii without adding "Forums" to the end of it.

Last edited:

Yamato-san

Banned
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Feb 15, 2012
    Oh god, am I ever so friggin late with this one. I?m so sorry for the four-month delay. Things got pretty hectic, with college finals, I had Summer school to make up a couple classes, still been job-hunting, and in my free time, I got pre-occupied with finishing the item collection sidequest on .hack//quarantine (thus, finally completing the .hack game series that I?ve been playing on and off for the past couple years), started getting into Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana, and some other things. For some reason, it was hard to stay focused on writing this for hours at a time (even when I got started on it, it took me about a month), but I?m finally done. I hope you all enjoy, your opinion on whether or not this was worth the wait, I expect to get my next one up a lot sooner, and god, I?m hoping most my old readers hadn?t given up on me yet.

I decided not to let the character limit get to me and just focus on properly executing the material within a single chapter, rather than cutting things off or rushing things. As such, this chapter's too long to fit within this single post, so from here, I'll link you directly to the posts with this chapter.

Part 1
    Part 2

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • This is one of the best scripts fics I've read in a while. Obviously I can't comment on description and stuff, but if you were to give this a director and a group of actors, they would be able to perform it exactly as you would imagine it.

My only real criticism is that I'm not particularly fond of script fics anyways... but saying that - I can really picture everything in my head. I've been reading a play myself in English, and so know how important stage directions and scene descriptions are... and you've done them very well. It would be better if you added to the facial expressions as well, as there weren't many compared to the actual scenic and stage directions.

Well, as I said before, this is one of a few good script fics. I hopw you keep up the good work. ^_^

Yamato-san

Banned
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Feb 15, 2012
    sorry I'm taking so long to get chapter 2 up, I had to try reformatting my computer the last two days. Anyway, whether I finish it soon or not, I'm gonna hold it off for a week because I recently had an idea, but I'd like to hear people's opinions first. So, for the next week, can I ask that everyone go to this poll, please?

EDIT: The poll is over, and I'm going to use that posting method.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Very nice, I like how you maneged to pull off script format very clean and give it a bit a detail, allthough I do feel that since this was in script format that the detailing has been lost and dosent feel as important. Overall I'd give it a 4 out of 5, so keep it up.

Cold

a w3ird0. e_e
    Years
  • I remember reading this story on good ol' SPPf.. yep. ^^ It's good, I like the fact that he's not just another aspiring/vengeful ten year old w/either legendary, dead, missing, or clumsy parents, joined by two other people and a disobediant pokemon that won't stay in it's pokeball so, as an alternative, sits on his head. I think it's too.. Ash-y. :/ Despite the fact that it's a script fic, I do like it. ^^

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
  • Welcome to the FF of teh week~

And um, awesome script fic. XD It isn't everyday I see like, these *actual* proper ones. :O

Yamato-san

Banned
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Feb 15, 2012
    I just wanted to mention that I editted a certain scene in chapter 1 in order to fit some of the stuff that I've ended up changing in the rewrite. Seeing as how this forum doesn't show chapter 1, it wouldn't really matter much until the chapter is reposted, but if you happened to copy chapter 1 when it was up or have a very good memory of exact details, feel free to PM me to find out what was changed.

UPDATE: I'm looking for someone who's very skilled at a CG art program who could volunteer to color in character artwork, because neither me nor my artist has the program. If anyone considers this, could you please send me a sample of your work first?

UPDATE 2: After that problem with my harddrive, chapter 5 is finally up.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
  • @ Chapter 5~

Very nice. Just like, immensely enjoyed reading a script fic from this format. I think you captured Eevee's emotions well with Hiro (the bond between them), and Utsugi was portrayed very nicely and quite amusingly...Hah, no one heard him from Johto. Right...I don't know the best about script fics, but I kind of nitpicked this o.o:

guard: "Why should I trust a stow-away like yourself?"

Hiro: "Rocket Gang is in the cargo area, I'm telling the truth."

Hiro's dialogue was the only one where there were no emotions, I was given the impression of a monotone. No spelling errors, although if I'm certain, you did spell Johto like:

Utsugi: [Collapses, then gets back up.] "What? You don't know who I am? You are from Jouto, aren't you?"

I know, I nitpicked but grammar in the case of script fics were like, flawless. Excellent job on it, and keep it up with the next chapter. It's turning out like an interesting journey so far with Hiro, Eevee and that wweird team rocket dude. XD

^^

Yamato-san

Banned
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Feb 15, 2012
    I spell 'Johto' as 'Jouto' all the time, not just in PMC, but in everyday forum posts and AIM conversations. The reason for this is because I've gotten used to the Japanese spelling long before the American version, and the same applies 'Houen' and 'Oore' as well. I don't make a note about these because I can assume people would know I'm talking about a region, the spelling isn't that drastically different.

Oh, and thanks for pointing out that sentence of Hiro's. I'm gonna add an exclamation mark to it, hope that helps somewhat.

Last edited:

Yamato-san

Banned
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Feb 15, 2012
    this post originally had a second chapter to make up for slacking off at the time. It was kinda accompanying that current week's chapter. Anyway, I'm leaving this post here to be editted for any future make-up chapters. I leave this post here because I'd like people to view the current chapters without having to scroll through tons of reposted back chapters.

Last edited:

Yamato-san

Banned
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Feb 15, 2012
    here's chapters 1-6, reposted as promised. Seeing as chapters are getting reposted in sets, this one could be referred to as "Volume 1". Anyway, enjoy reading this from the beginning.

NAME CHART
    -Eievui=Eevee
    -Enju City=Ecruteak City
    -Thunders=Jolteon
    -Booster=Flareon
    -Showers=Vaporeon
    -Blacky=Umbreon
    -Eifi=Espeon

HOW TO SAY IT IN JAPANESE
    -Kimono Sisters=Kimono Shimai

CHAPTER 1: THE MYSTERIOUS EIEVUI
    第一章:不思議なイーブイ

[Sitting at a desk, a silhouette types on a labtop. The room appears a bit dark and empty.]

Narration: "I've been staying with my sisters for the past few days. I don't have much to do at the moment, so..."

[A look at the keyboard shows that only one hand, what appears to be a left one, is typing.]

Narration: "To pass the time, I've decided to chronicle my recent events, all the interesting things that have occured with me lately. I am the Pokemon trainer of Enju City, Kimono Hiro. My blood type is AB and I was born December 12th in 4084 going by the years since human records have begun, making me a Sagittarius. This is my story."

[The hand punches in another key before the scene changes to the outside of a school building, and then again to the inside of a classroom. The teacher, a tall man with short, black hair, writes on a blackboard while all the students are sitting in their chairs. The boys in the class are wearing gray suits with buttons down the middle of the shirt. The girls are wearing dark blue, knee-length skirts. All of them are focusing on the teacher, except for one boy with short, purple hair. Instead of the teacher, his eyes are looking down at an open manga that he's slightly pulling out from his desk. The contents of the manga that the boy's looking at involves a cute, blue, raptor-like creature with 2 black and red-striped horns on the back of its head in some kind of battle. While the boy's en-tranced in the book, he's unable to notice the teacher walking up to his side and striking him on the head with his teacher's guide.]

Boy: "OWW!!" [Drops manga and holds his head in pain.]

Teacher: "Pay attention, Kimono!"

Hiro (narration): "That's me, the one the teacher just scolded. I'm not usually a goof-off, but this particular class is an exception. A Pokemon trainer's minimum age is 10, but after that age, people who stay in school can take the chance to learn more advanced trainer skills as their choice of extracurricular activities. That's what this class is for, teaching more than the minimum requirements about the creatures in our world, Pokemon, and how to capture, raise, and battle them."

[Hiro rubs his head, picks his manga off the floor and puts it away in his desk, then sighs out a mushroom-shaped cloud before looking at the blackboard and the teacher.]

Hiro (narration): "Being 14, I'm well past the minimum trainer's age. However, I've never been interested in becoming a trainer. I only chose this class because my family was persistant and they expect me to have my own Pokemon some day. The class itself isn't difficult, just very boring. However, one other class is very difficult on me."

[The scene changes to the inside of that same classroom, but instead of the same teacher, there's a different one. This one has gray hair combed over his head and squinty eyes, and he appears to be standing next to Hiro's desk to yell at him.]

Hiro (narration): "This is my literature class. The teacher there yells at me a lot because he doesn't believe me about my family. Every time I write an essay about them, he scolds me for being a liar."

[The teacher continues to yell at Hiro.]

Hiro (narration): "There is a reason it's so hard to believe who my family is, though. It consists of my grandfather and my 5 older sisters."

[The scene changes to show a tall woman with indigo-colored hair that extends to her mid-back, a lavender shirt, and a black dress reaching to her ankles. She looks down at a Thunders that stands next to her and smiles.]

Hiro (narration): "This is my eldest sister, Satsuki. She's able to relate to all of her siblings pretty nicely and is usually one to be very pleased when company comes over. Overall, she's an extremely social person. Likewise, her Thunders enjoys her company and is always there for her to talk to when nobody else is around."

[The scene changes to show a woman with brown hair cut at the shoulders, a white t-shirt, and red bloomers. She points her right index finger forward as a Booster in front of her tackles a punching bag, then back-kicks it.]

Hiro (narration): "My second eldest sister, Koume, is a very competitive person. In her free time, she trains her Booster to be the best fighter it can be."

[The scene changes to show another woman. This one has wavy, waiste-length hair that's light green in coloring and she wears a white summer gown. She sits on the edge of a pier at the side of a lake, gently paddling her bare feet in the water. In front of her, a Showers peaks its head above the lake's surface, then sprays water into the girl's face.]

Hiro (narration): "Sumomo's very gentle and peace-loving, but at the same time, she's very playful. She proves to be a clear-thinking strategist in the games she plays. Her energetic Showers usually gets bored when she's not playing water sports with it, but it manages to entertain itself through other methods."

[A young man walks past a woman with waiste-length lavender hair and a slim, crimson dress. The man stops when the woman's seen moving her mouth, supposedly talking, causing the man to turn his head towards her. She continues talking until the man blushes and runs away, leaving behind the woman, who's now laughing. She stops, though, before she looks down at her leg to see a Blackie biting it in anger.]

Hiro (narration): "Sneaky and devilish are words fitting for Tamao. She's somehow able to find out embarassing secrets and has even extorted a few people with such knowledge. She's a bit of a flirt, too. Her Blackie doesn't have that strong of a relationship with her, since it's against her constant actions, but they're close nontheless."

[A girl with pink hair tied into a ponytail on opposite sides of her head enters a washroom wrapped in a towel and carrying a basket of soaps and scrubs. Across from her is the bathtub, where an Eifi is relaxedly leaning over the edge, enjoying the water. After sliding the door shut behind her, she walks forward only to slip in the same direction and lose grip of the basket. The basket ends up flying towards the tub and hitting the Eifi in the forehead before ricocheting onto the floor. The Eifi annoyedly looks at the girl, who puts her hand behind her head and forces a smile.]

Hiro (narration): "Sakura's my twin, preceding me by a few minutes. She's very cheerful, but also very clumsy, and she seems to carry a sense of right and wrong similar to that of Tamao's Blackie. Her Eifi is rather lazy, that's all I can say about it."

[All five girls pose in colorful kimono with their hair tied up and colored black, their Pokemon all standing next to them.]

Hiro (narration): "If these girls sound familiar, it's because they're the famous Kimono Sisters, citizens of Enju City whom are all well-renowned for performing tea ceremonies and staging traditional dances. Many find it hard to believe that I have a background with such people, especially my teacher. Anyway, everything started on Wednesday, April 15, 4099."

[The school building's shown again. The bell rings and a mass group of students exit through the front door. Among them is Hiro, slinging a book bag over his shoulder with a frustrated look on his face.]

???: "Are you alright, Hiro-kun?"

[Hiro looks over to see Sakura in a school uniform. He tries to look happy in front of her.]

Hiro: "Yeah." [Nods.]

Sakura: "Did that teacher give you trouble again?"

Hiro: [Head droops.] "You could tell, huh?"

Hiro (narration): "Sakura goes to the same school as me, but she's in a different class room. She's tried convincing the teacher that I am related to her, but he only regarded it as showing pity towards a stranger."

Sakura: "Don't worry. He should be convinced you're telling the truth some day." [Looks at watch.] "Ah! Sorry, I need to hurry. See ya later." [Waves and runs off quickly.]

Hiro: [Slowly waves back.] "See ya."

[Hiro is about to continue walking until he hears a rustling in a tree. When he's about to go up to see what it is, a figure falls out of the tree and lands face-first onto the ground. The figure is that of a boy with brown, spiked hair and a school uniform similar to Hiro's.]

Hiro: [Giant sweat drop appears on head.] "Uh... Chris-kun... what are you doing?"

[The boy slowly gets up wobbily while holding his head.]

Chris: "Just training." [Brushes leaves out of his hair.]

Hiro: "Training?"

Chris: "I expect to be climbing a lot of trees like this when I'm out on my big adventure."

Hiro: [sighs] "Adventure? You like to over-exaggerate, huh?"

Hiro (narration): "My old friend and classmate, Chris. He's excited knowing he'll leave on a trainer's journey soon."

Chris: "What? A trainer's journey isn't an exciting adventure?"

Hiro: "You're just walking around getting Pokemon, it's not some kind of epic RPG."

Chris: [Sweatdrops.] "Well, climbing trees should be useful nontheless. Hey, speaking of games, you want to go to the arcade?"

Hiro: "Yeah, I think I might have enough change with me for a couple games."

[Hiro's going through his pockets and counting the coins in his hand while he and Chris walk through a small commercial district.]

Chris: "So how much do you have?"

Hiro: [Looks over at Chris annoyedly.] "If you'd stop breaking my concentration I'd be able to tell."

Chris: [Closes eyes and sweatdrops.] "Sorry."

Hiro: [Clenches the hand holding his coins.] "It doesn't matter, I at least have enough for one g..."

[The silhouette of a small creature runs in front of the two. Hiro's leg moves forward just as the creature is in front of it, causing Hiro to trip. Once he hits the ground, Hiro loses grip on his coins and they all roll into a nearby storm drain.]

Chris: [Quickly turns around to see that Hiro fell down.] "Are you alright, Hiro?"

Hiro: [Stares wide-eyed at the storm drain before punching the ground in frustration.] "S***!"

Chris: [Looks towards Hiro's feet and points.] "Hiro, there."

[Hiro turns around to see an Eievui struggling to get out from under his legs.]

Hiro: "Eh? Eievui?"

[Hiro gets up to free the Eievui, which looks up at him curiously.]

Eievui: "Bui?"

Hiro: [Snarls.] "What the hell are you looking at? Think I'll forgive you for making me lose my money?"

Chris: "Hiro, be easy on it. It wasn't that much of a loss."

Hiro: "Shut up!" [Crouches down and points right index finger at the Eievui.] "I don't forgive those that piss me off so easily..."

[The Eievui bites Hiro's finger, causing him to widen his eyes and clench his teeth. The view changes to show part of the city from a distance.]

Hiro: "GUWAAAAA!!!"

[The view changes back to Hiro, who's holding his finger in pain while the Eievui dashes into an alleyway in the background.]

Hiro: "Gi... d*mn you..."

Chris: "Are you alright? Is it bleeding?"

Hiro: "I'm fine."

Chris: "I told you to be easy on it."

Hiro: "Shut up."

[Hiro walks up a short flight of stairs to a Shinto shrine, where he sees an old man using a broom to sweep the stone path. The man has long gray hair tied at the back of his head and a gray beard that extends down to the middle of his neck, and he dons a white priest's robe.]

Hiro: "Grandpa, I'm home."

Grandpa: "Welcome home."

Hiro (narration): "Both my parents died not long after I was born, leaving us in the care of our grandfather. He's a kind person, though a bit of a drunkard. Our house is situated next to the shrine that he runs."

[Situated to the left of the shrine is a rather large, two-story house, with an oriental pond and garden in front of it. Hiro starts to walk towards it.]

Grandpa: "Wait, Hiro."

Hiro: [Stops and turns around.] "Huh? What?"

Grandpa: "Just a little while ago, I saw some creature sneak in through your window."

Hiro: "What? Why didn't you try to stop it?"

Grandpa: [Sweatdrops.] "Well... you were expected home very soon anyway... you're so youthful and I'm just an old man..."

Hiro: "You're not even 65 and have kept in good shape..." [Sighs.] "I'll do it."

[Hiro walks into the house carrying the broom his grandfather was using earlier. He begins to slip off his shoes at the entryway before the view changes to the top of a staircase, which Hiro soon walks out of. He eyes a closed door to the left, 3 rooms down from where he stands. He grips the broom tightly and rushes to the door. He opens it and appears shocked.]

Hiro: "Y... YOU!!!"

[An Eievui lies on the tatami inside. It immediately gets up upon seeing Hiro, whom it growls at.]

Hiro: "You're that same one from before! I won't forgive you for earlier!" [Rushes forward holding broom over head.]

[Hiro slams the broom downwards, but the Eievui manages to jump out of the way.]

Eievui: "Bui!" [Bites Hiro in the ankle and then jumps back.]

Hiro: "Ouch!" [Rubs ankle.] "You bastard!"

[Tries to hit the Eievui with the broom again, but Eievui runs between Hiro's legs. It then jumps up to slam Hiro in the back, making him fall forward. He climbs back onto his feet.]

Hiro: [Snarls.] "Take this!"

[Hiro flips the broom and quickly sweeps the handle end forward to strike the Pokemon. However, it jumps up, and it comes down to land on the handle, its small feet keeping balance on the narrow stick.]

Hiro: "Eh?"

[The Eievui runs down the broom stick and headbutts Hiro in the face.]

Hiro: "Gi..."

[The Eievui tries to jump backwards, however, while it's in the air, Hiro quickly flips the broom again and swats the Eievui with the bristle end, slamming it against the floor.]

Hiro: "Kimono Hiro-sama won't let you get away for what you did!"

[From underneath the bristles, the Eievui suddenly looks up at Hiro widemouthed. It climbs out from the bristles and jumps up onto Hiro's head.]

Hiro: "Eh... you...!"

[Hiro drops the broom and is about the grab the Pokemon with his bare hands. However, the Eievui starts affectionately nuzzling against his hair, causing the boy to stop what he's doing.]

Eievui: "Iiiiibui..."

[Question marks appear in the background as Hiro looks upwards.]

Hiro: "Wh... what's happening?"

[Hiro picks up the Eievui and holds it up with both of them facing eachother.]

Hiro: "Hey, what's wrong with you? A moment ago, you were attacking me. Why are you so friendly now?"

Eievui: [Smiles and closes eyes.] "Bui!"

Hiro: [Sighs a mushroom-shaped cloud] "Of course I wouldn't understand the answer, so why did I bother asking?"

[The view changes to show the face of the smiling Eievui, still being held up in Hiro's hands.]

Hiro (narration): "That's how my story began. I just met this confusing Eievui, opening many questions for me to ask, but at the time, I sensed some kind of certainty... that my life would change soon."

つづく

NOTES
    -In Japan, surnames come first rather than last, so it's Kimono Hiro instead of Hiro Kimono.
    -Japanese students are required to wear uniforms at public schools, usually like the ones described.
    -the character in the manga that Hiro's reading is Shimamon. Shimamon is a fan-made Digimon of my brother's.
    -In Japan, rather than students changing classes each period, the teachers are the ones who walk to different classes. In between these periods, students are free to walk around the class to converse with eachother or play around a bit.
    -Japan has many name suffixes, 'kun' being one of them. 'Kun' is usually used for young boys, but sometimes girls too. For future reference, 'chan' is a way to address young girls and little kids, 'san' is a polite way to address people, and 'sama' is an even politer way and is usually meant towards superiors (it can also be used by oneself to be extremely boastful). 'Sensei' is a title for teachers, 'hakase' is a title for doctors, and 'tachi' specifies a group that is with the person (much like saying "and the others" or "and company" or "and his/her friends" in English).
    -Japanese people take off their shoes before entering a house. The floor is lowered in front of the doorway, and such a place is where shoes can be left at.
    -Tatami is a straw floor-covering in many Japanese houses.

Last edited:

Yamato-san

Banned
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Feb 15, 2012
    NAME CHART
    -Poppo=Pidgey
    -Otachi=Sentret
    -Yamikarasu=Murkrow

-Fire-type=Honoo-type

CHAPTER 2: STALKING POKEMON
    第二章:ポケモン・ストーキング

[A small alarm clock is seen sitting on the floor with the numbers '20:34' lit on it in red. It makes a faint beeping sound as the numbers change to '20:35'. Sitting on floor with his legs crossed is Hiro, holding up an open English book in front of his face, which he appears to be studying carefully. He's no longer wearing his school uniform, but instead a pair of jeans and a baggy white sweater with a blue zig-zag pattern at the end of each sleeve. His eyes look up from the book to see an Eievui across from him, which stares at him happily.]

Eievui: [Wags tail.] "Bui!"

Hiro: [Snarls as an X-shaped vein throbs on his forehead.] "guu..." [Lowers eyes to look in the book again.]

Eievui: "Iiiibui!" [Runs up to Hiro, pokes head between Hiro's chest and his book, and smiles.] "Buiiii..."

Hiro: [Snarls before slamming the book down next to him.] "What the hell is wrong with you?!"

Eievui: [Cocks head with a confused look on face.] "Bui?"

Hiro: [Frustratedly sighs.] "Why am I stuck with you?"

[Hiro thinks back to earlier in the day. He walks out of the house holding the Eievui and puts it down, then he looks down at it while pointing his finger forward, indicating it to leave. However, the Eievui jumps up into Hiro's chest, causing him to grab it. He immediately throws the Eievui and dashes into the house, however, the Pokemon speedily dashes in before Hiro is able to close the door. Hiro looks at the Eievui in the house and a big sweatdrop appears on the side of his head.]

Hiro: "I couldn't get rid of you. And then grandpa said..."

[Hiro pictures his grandfather standing in front of him while outside the house.]

Grandpa: [Smiles and holds up right index finger.] "It seems to have taken a huge liking to you. You should just keep it."

Hiro: [Holds arms out from his sides.] "Granpda...!"

Grandpa: "You can't get rid of it, it would be for the best."

[Flashback ends. Hiro's still leaning in the corner of the wall, clenching his first while the Eievui continues looking at him.]

Hiro: "D*mn you, Grandpa. He probably just wants consistency in us siblings. All my sisters have an Eievui, so now I should have one. He probably set up this whole thing."

Eievui: [Shakes head.] "Buiiii..."

Hiro: "You say he didn't? How can I trust you?" [Looks down at Eievui.]

Hiro: [Drops head.] "What the hell am I doing?" [Raises head again.] "Pokemon can understand humans, but humans can never understand Pokemon. That's always puzzled me."

[Hiro is about to pick up his book again, but then he hears the faint sound of a door opening.]

Faint voice: "I'm home!"

Hiro: "Ah, my sisters are home. Maybe they'll have better advice for getting rid of this thing than Grandpa."

[Hiro gets up, slides his door open, and the Eievui follows him as he runs out of his room. The outside of the house is shown.]

Hiro: "WHAAAAAAAT?!?!?"

[A flock of Poppo fly out of the trees outside while that was being yelled. Back inside the house, close to the entryway, Hiro's eyes are beady and his mouth is gaping open. In front of him stands Koume, while in the background, Sakura and Sumomo are petting Eievui.]

Hiro: [Face returns to normal as he holds his hands out from his sides.] "Sister, that's the same thing Grandpa suggested. I was expecting you to say something different. You're very close friends with that shelter-runner, Kurenai-san, aren't you?"

[Sakura's Eifi, which is laying down next to Sakura, uses its psychokinetic powers to hold up a blue ball, about the size of Eievui, which grabs Eievui's attention.]

Koume: "Yes, we could give it to Karen-chan. However, if she doesn't find a home for it, it'll be sent to the animal-skinner."

Satsuki: [Suddenly runs up and stops next to Koume.] "Hiro! Grandpa told me that that Eievui really likes you. How could you consider having it turned into a drum?"

[Hiro sweats and backs away slightly. In the background, Eievui jumps up and tries grabbing the ball, but Eifi raises it so it's out of reach. Afterwards, Eifi drops the ball, allowing Eievui to grab it and roll around the floor a bit while holding it. Sakura and Sumomo giggle at this.]

Hiro: [Eyes closed while waving his hands in front of his body, big sweatdrop sliding down the side of his head.] "W... w... wait a second. I wasn't suggesting something like that... um..." [Looks upward as he scratches his cheek, then smiles as he holds up his index finger.] "You and Kurenai-san are both big fans of Fire-type Pokemon. Perhaps she could raise her own Booster, the two of you could have the same kind of Pokemon."

Koume: "She told me she's raising enough of her own Pokemon at the moment."

[Hiro collapses and his hand appears to be quivering. Satsuki's eyes turn beady as she looks down at him.]

Sumomo: "Hiro-kun, maybe you should consider being a trainer." [Gets up from playing with Eievui.] "Your meeting with this Pokemon must have been fate."

Tamao's voice: "Yes, another trainer would be great for this family's income."

Hiro: [Stands up again.] "I don't see how... wait... where are you?"

Sakura: [Clenches fists and looks up.] "You aren't looking at my diary again, are you!?"

Tamao: "No, I'm not... OW!!! Blackie, what are you doing?! Ow, ow, ow!!!"

[Sweatdrops slide down everyone's head as they hear the sound of running upstairs.]

Tamao: "Stop, Blackie! Please... WOAH!!!"

[Tamao tumbles down from the staircase. She lands on the floor with swirls in her eyes, teethmarks on her legs, and a book in her hand.]

Sakura: "I knew it!" [Stomps towards Tamao and grabs her book back. She turns her nose upwards in aggravation as she walks away.]

Satsuki: [Walks over and helps Tamao back to her feet.] "Are you alright?"

Tamao: [Her body wobbles a little.] "I'm fine." [Walks up to Hiro.] "Anyway, if you were a trainer, you could go out on a journey, an adventure. As with any adventure, you're bound to come across many treasures."

Hiro: [Annoyedly lowers eyelids.] "Then why don't you leave on a journey?"

Tamao: [Eyes turn beady.] "Eh?" [Pushes the tips of her index fingers together.] "Well... uh..." [Closes her eyes and smiles.] "I'm too busy with my job here with the others."

Koume: [Eyes half-closed and pointing finger at Tamao.] "You've been slacking on that lately. You're only staying here because you're so busy finding embarassing secrets concerning whoever lives in that big mansion in the middle of the city."

[Tamao nearly chokes as a bead of sweat slides down her face. A loud whacking sound is then heard as Tamao's fist is seen coming down from striking Koume's head, which is now tilted and has a large bump on it.]

Tamao: "Stupid, I'm doing no such thing!"

Koume: [Strikes Tamao on the head, giving her a bump in a similar manner.] "Do you even know if anybody lives in that place?!"

Tamao: [Strikes Koume again.] "Yes, someone lives there! The guy's so rich, he owns homes around the world!"

Koume: [Strikes Tamao again.] "What you're doing's still wrong!"

Tamao: [Repeats.] "That's no reason to hit me!"

Koume: [Repeats.] "You hit me first!"

Tamao: [Raises her hand and swings her fist downward.] "You meddled into my affairs!"

Hiro: [Runs in between Tamao and Koume.] "Stop it, you two!"

[Without realizing it, Tamao hits Hiro on top of his head. Hiro's eyes widen and a bump sprouts from his head, then he falls down.]

Tamao: [Sweatdrop slides down her face as she looks down and closes her eyes.] "Ehehe... sorry, Hiro."

Koume: [Closes her eyes and sighs. Whacks Tamao across the back of the head.] "Idiot..."

[Eievui stops rolling with its ball to run over to Hiro.]

Eievui: [Concerned look on face.] "Buiiii... buuuui..."

[The scene changes to night. Hiro's wearing some white pajamas in his room, laying in his futon as he rubs the bump on his head.]

Hiro: [Sighs.] "Maybe someone at school can take this Eievui from me."

[Hiro lays his head down and tries to sleep, but he feels something rub against him. He opens his eyes to see Eievui curling up next to him. Hiro rolls over to his side, facing away from the Pokemon. Eievui gets up and walks over to him and curl again, and Hiro retaliates by scooting further to the side. Eievui still walks over to him. An aggitated Hiro lifts up his futon and flips it off of there, causing Eievui to be thrown against the floor.]

Hiro: "Why do you keep getting close to me? Don't you realize that I still hate you for all the trouble you've caused me today?"

[Eievui looks down with a regretful look on its face. Hiro lays down his futon again and goes back to sleep.]

Eievui: [Sighs.] "bui..." [Looks over at Hiro for a moment before a gleeful smile appears on its face.] "Buiiii..." [Silently walks over to Hiro's futon.]

[The next morning, Hiro slowly opens his eyes, and upon doing so, he sees his hand on top of Eievui, who sleeps peacefully. An X-vein appears on Hiro's forehead as he gets out of his futon and flips Eievui off of it again. Eievui lands on the floor awake, but with swirls in its eyes.]

Hiro: "You bastard! I told you not to sleep near me!"

Eievui: [Stumbles to its feet.] "Bu... iiii... iiii..."

Hiro: [Eyes closed as he starts folding his futon.] "I'm going to school now. Stay here and don't follow me."

[The outside of the house is shown as the date is displayed, "4099年4月16日 ( 木 )" (Thursday, April 16, 4099). Hiro, now dressed in his school uniform and with a book bag slung over his shoulder, walks past his grandfather, who's currently sweeping in front of the shrine.]

Hiro: [Turns and waves.] "Grandpa, see ya later."

Grandpa: [Waves back.] "See ya."

[Hiro starts walking down the steps from the shrine after they exchange greetings. Meanwhile, a window on the upper story of Hiro's house is slowly slid open, and a silhouette jumps from it to a tree, and then to another tree. While Hiro's walking down the street, he looks up towards the top of a small building.]

Hiro: "Huh?"

[Hiro sees the silhouette of a small creature on top of the building. He grabs a rock off the ground.]

Hiro: "I said not to follow me!" [Throws rock.]

[The rock hits the silhouette, causing it to fall over the side of the building and onto the sidewalk.]

Hiro: [Surprised.] "Eh?!"

[The figure on the ground turns out to be an Otachi, which now has swirls in its eyes and a large bump on its head.]

Otachi: "...tachi..." [Gets up and angrily stares at Hiro with fires burning in its eyes.] "Otachiiii..."

Hiro: [Forces a half-smile as his cheek twitches.] "So... sorry..."

Otachi: "OTACHI!!!" [Jumps forward and whacks Hiro's face with its tail.]

Hiro: [Falls backwards.] "OW!!!"

Otachi: "TACHI!!" [Runs forward again.]

Hiro: "Uwaa!"

[Hiro immediately gets up and runs as the Otachi starts chasing him. Hiro runs until he loses the Otachi.]

Hiro: [Pants.] "Maybe that Eievui isn't following me after all."

[Inside the classroom, a middle-aged woman with shoulder-length blonde hair is lecturing the class on math. However, Hiro seems to not be paying much attention to the lecture.]

Hiro: [Thinking.] ("Was Tamao serious about what she said yesterday?")

[Hiro pictures Tamao talking in front of him.]

Tamao: "If you were a trainer, you could go out on a journey, an adventure."

[Flashback ends.]

Hiro: [Thinking.] ("Does she really suggest I leave?") [Shakes head.] ("No, I can't. I like things here, my home, my family. I don't need to be a trainer, I'd rather just stay here instead. Why see the world? Why collect Pokemon? Why search for some non-existant treasure? I have no reason for doing any of that.")

[Hiro looks up at the teacher, trying to focus on the lecture. However, a loud bumping sound is heard to the left.]

Random student's voice: "UWAAAA!! Teacher..."

[Hiro notices all the students looking over to the left, and he does so as well.]

Hiro: [Chokes. Thinking.] ("It... it followed me...")

[Outside the window is Eievui, standing on a tree branch. It jumps from the branch to the window, bashes its head against it, pushes its paw against the glass, and then flips back onto the branch.]

Random student: "It's gonna smash through the window!"

Math teacher: [Walks over to window.] "Calm down everyone. I'll try to send it away."

Hiro: [Thinking.] ("If she opens the window, there's a good chance that stupid Pokemon will jump inside.") [Clenches teeth as a bead of sweat runs down his face.]

Random student: "Wait teacher, you don't know what that thing could be capable of!"

Math teacher: "Huh?"

Random student: "Let one of us handle it."

Hiro: [Raises hand.] "I'll do it!"

[Hiro reaches into his book bag and grabs his boxed lunch. He opens the lid, and takes out 3 rice balls wrapped in clear plastic.]

Random student: "Huh, what's he plan on doing with those?"

[Hiro walks up to the window and slowly unlatches it. Outside, Eievui sees him and wags its tail gleefully. Hiro quickly opens the window and throws a rice ball at Eievui. Rice splatters all over it.]

Eievui: [Starts losing balance on branch, eyes widened and left front leg flailing trying to gain balance again.] "Bui... bui..." [Falls off branch.] "Buiiiiiiiii...!!!"

[Eievui hits the ground. It slowly gets to its feet with tears streaming down from huge, quivering eyes.]

Eievui: [Looks up at Hiro.] "Buiiii...!"

Hiro: "Go away!"

[Hiro notices a Yamikarasu flying nearby. He throws a second riceball up towards it.]

Yamikarasu: "Kara?" [Sees riceball.] "KARAAAAAAA!!!"

[After that loud call, an entire flock of Yamikarasu start flying towards where it is. Meanwhile, the riceball falls down from the sky and lands on top of Eievui. Hiro throws the third riceball at it.]

Eievui: "BUI!" [After being pelted again, it looks up to see Yamikarasu swooping down towards it.] "BUIIIIIII!!!" [Jumps in the air with all its legs flailing and its eyes widened in surprise.]

[Eievui starts to run around while the Yamikarasu pursue it. Some Yamikarasu stay behind to feast on the bits of rice that dropped from Eievui, but many others pursue the rice-covered Pokemon.]

Hiro: [Thinking.] ("I threw out part of my lunch, but that should keep it away for a while.") [Closes window and walks back to his seat.]

[Time passes. While Eievui was being chased by the hungry Yamikarasu, Hiro went through his classes like normal, and right now, his literature teacher is lecturing.]

Hiro: [Pays attention to the lecture until he hears a bumping sound to the left.] "Huh?"

[Hiro looks to his left to see Eievui outside the window again. Now it's panting out of exhaustion and its fur is messed up due to Yamikarasu eating rice from it.]

Random student: "It's that Eievui again!"

Literature teacher: "What's this about?"

Random student: "Teacher, at the beginning of classes, this Eievui tried to smash through the window."

Literature teacher: "Why is everyone so afraid? Eievui's not a very powerful Pokemon. Here, I'll show you."

Multiple students: "Nooo!!"

Hiro: [Chokes.] "Gu...! Stop!"

[The teacher opens the window.]

Literature teacher: "Watch. It's not going to do us any harm."

Eievui: [Looks into the classroom and spots Hiro, then jumps in gleefully.] "BUIIIII!!!"

Students: "UWAAAAA!!!" [Many try shielding themselves.]

Eievui: "Buiii..." [Runs towards Hiro.]

Hiro: "Wait! Stop!" [Frantically waves arms in front of body.]

Eievui: [Jumps onto Hiro's shoulder and nuzzles against his face.] "Bui..."

[Sweatdrops slide down most of the students' faces.]

Literature teacher: [Eyes glow and flames erupt behind him while he walks up to Hiro's desk.] "Kimonooooo....!!!"

Hiro: [Chokes and eyes widen.] "Gi...!"

Literature teacher: "So... that's your Eievui. You weren't very convincing of who your family is in the past, so you try making yourself further convincing by getting an Eievui of your own. Is that is?"

Hiro: [Turns around.] "Wha... what the hell are you talking about? This Eievui just started following me without reason, and when are you going to be convinced that what I say about my sisters is the truth?"

Literature teacher: "The Kimono Sisters do not have a little brother, that's the truth."

Hiro: "They never mentioned me?"

Literature teacher: "They did one time... however, you're close friends with Sakura, they only did it to pity you."

Hiro: [Fist clenches and X-vein appears on forehead as he snarls. He points his finger towards the teacher.] "You're so friggin dense!!! You're an idiot, idiot, idiot!!!"

Eievui: [Gleeful.] "BUI!!" [Jumps off Hiro's shoulder slams into teacher's forehead, then jumps backwards onto Hiro's shoulder again.]

Literature teacher: "GAAAA!!!" [Collapses backwards.]

Students: "Woah..." [Look down at the teacher in surprise.]

Hiro: [Sweats with eyes closed.] "Uh... are you alright?"

Literature teacher: [Slowly opens eyes and lifts head up from the ground.] "I... expect an apology report... before you leave... today..." [Faints.]

[The sun is about to set, and Hiro's just now walking out of the school with Eievui poking out of his book bag.]

Hiro: "Daaaamn... that lousy teacher kept me so late. The idiot just assumed that whole incident was my fault and makes me stay until I finish that report."

Eievui: [Smiles and closes eyes.] "Bui!"

Hiro: [Half-closed eyes look towards the Pokemon on his shoulder.] "Shut up! You caused me even more trouble today."

Eievui: [Looks downwards regretfully.] "buiiiii...."

Hiro: [Closes eyes and smiles.] "Although, I liked watching you hurt that teacher like you did."

Eievui: [Smiles.] "Buii!"

Hiro: [Sighs.] "I really do hate that teacher. It seems he can never be convinced that I'm not lieing and continues putting me through that torment. What's worse, that bastard's convincing other people that I'm a liar..."

[Hiro continues walking down the sidewalk until he notices a building he's passing by. He stops and looks up at the building, which is rather large and has the words "POKEMON CENTER" written at the top, with "ポケモンセンター" written in small symbols underneath it.]

Hiro: "Maybe... maybe I should consider leaving..."

[Flashback. Sumomo's standing a small distance away.]

Sumomo: "Your meeting with this Pokemon must have been fate."

[Flashback ends. Hiro stares up at the Pokemon Center for a moment. During that time, a couple cars pass by on the street behind him.]

Hiro: "Meh, that's crazy. I don't need to leave, no matter how bad a few people treat me."

[Hiro looks back at the Eievui in his book bag and sighs again.]

Hiro: "Trainer or not, I can't get rid of you, can I?"

Eievui: "Bui!" [Shakes head.]

Hiro: "Crap..." [Tilts head.] "That means I'm forced to get used to you. Oh well..." [Shrugs.] "Guess you're my Pokemon now, Eievui."

Eievui: "BUIII!!" [Jumps out of book bag and prances around Hiro's legs.] "Bui, bui, bui, bui, bui!!!"

Hiro: [Lightly chuckles.] "Come on, let's go home."

[Eievui nods and begins following Hiro down the sidewalk.]

つづく

NOTES
    -English language is a required course for Japanese school students.
    -Younger family members usually call their elders by a title rather than name. Not just parents, but also older brothers and sisters.

Last edited:

Yamato-san

Banned
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Feb 15, 2012
    author's note: Man, I wasn't expecting that I'd be extending these early parts so much from the old version. I was thinking I'd have a certain event happen by the end of this chapter, but it didn't. Oh well, I guess it's just a sign that I'm not rushing things and doing well with character development this time around ^^.

NAME CHART
    -Matsuba=Morty

CHAPTER 3: MY PET
    第三章:俺のペット

[A view of the twilight sky is shown while the sound of crickets chirping is heard. The view changes to show the ground in front of Hiro's house. A foot wearing a sneaker steps on the ground, along with 4 small, furry legs. The view changes again to a door, which opens to reveal Hiro, wearing his school uniform, and Eievui next to him.]

Hiro: "Grandpa, I'm home! Eh...?"

[Hiro notices a pair of high-heels next to the door. After slipping off his shoes, he and Eievui walk through an opening in the right the hallway and see Tamao sitting on a black leather couch while reading a book.]

Tamao: [Looks up to notice Hiro. She puts the book down and puts hands on her lap.] "Hiro-kun... you're late coming home today."

Hiro: [Closes eyes and sweatdrops.] "But... Sister's early tonight."

Tamao: [Looks down.] "Well..." [Looks to Hiro.] "I wanted to be here when you came home, so I left early."

Hiro: "Why?"

Tamao: [Gets up from the couch, walks forward, and turns towards Hiro. She then gets onto her knees and bows down.] "What I did to you last night was inexcusible. Please accept this formal apology."

Hiro: [Backs away a bit. A word bubble appears in front of him with a sweatdrop appearing in it.] "Huh? Is this about you accidentally hitting me?"

Tamao: [Head rises from bow.] "I've had time to think it over, and I know how I can make it up for you. I know someone... whom I could 'convince'..." [Evil smirk appears, then disappears.] "...to take that Eievui."

Hiro: [Eyes widen in excitement.] "Really?"

Tamao: [Nods.] "Yeah."

Eievui: "BUIIII!!!"

Hiro: "Huh?" [Looks down at Eievui.]

Eievui: [Sad look on its face as it looks up at Hiro.] "Buuuui.... bui buiiii... bui..."

[Hiro and Eievui stare back at eachother, each one's reflection appearing in the other's eyes. While this occurs, Hiro thinks back to Eievui's cute and cheerful face, then to back when Sakura, Sumomo, and Eifi were playing with Eievui. He then pictures all 5 of his sisters cuddling their respective Pokemon in various ways, all of them looking extremely happy while doing so. Finally, he thinks back to when he and Eievui were in front of the Pokemon Center earlier.]

Hiro: [Sighs.] "I just can't get rid of you, can I? I guess you're my Pokemon now."

[Flashback ends. Eievui continues looking up at Hiro, but Hiro turns towards Tamao.]

Hiro: "Sister, I appreciate it, however..."

Tamao: [Eyes widen.] "Eh? However?"

Hiro: "...however, I decided I'm keeping the Eievui."

[Silence ensues as Hiro, Eievui, and Tamao stay still. Eventually, both Eievui and Tamao grow a smile on their faces.]

Eievui: "BUIIIIIII!!!!" [Jumps up in excitement.]

Tamao: "Yaho!" [Jumps up in excitement as well, eyes closed and arms swinging outwards.] "This means Hiro-kun changed his mind...!"

Hiro: "Don't get the wrong idea!"

Tamao: [Beady eyes open, and she manages to stay in midair during her jump.] "Eh?"

Hiro: [A sweatdrop appears on his head.] "I still don't intend to be a trainer nor go on a journey." [Smirks.] "I just realized that no matter what I do, this Pokemon will keep going to me. I should just endure it. I've had experience with other Eievui in this family before, so it shouldn't be that hard with this type of Pokemon."

Tamao: [Still in previous midair pose.] "So that means no treasure?"

Hiro: [Sighs.] "No."

Tamao: [Falls over backwards with tears streaming down her closed eyes.] "Dammit."

Eievui: [Looks at Tamao and giggles.] "bui..." [Starts laughing.] "BUIIHIHIHIHIHI!!!!"

Hiro: [Turns back towards the hallway and looks back.] "Sister..."

Tamao: [Gets up.] "What?"

Hiro: "Thanks."

Tamao: [Looks at Hiro for a moment before smirking.] "Forget about it."

[Hiro heads towards the staircase while Tamao sits on the floor with her legs crossed.]

Tamao: "Why is that Eievui so attached to him?" [Stares at the ceiling.] "Well, guess I'll have to extort something else out of that guy."

???: [Growling.] "kiiii..."

[Tamao chokes and slowly turns her head around to see her Blackie, growling at her.]

Tamao: [Sweatdrop slides down the side of her head while a twitching cheek forces a half-smile.] "Hehe..." [Closes eyes, smiles, and lightly waves her hand down.] "Joking, joking!"

[Hiro's covered by a blanket as he lays on his futon later that night. Eievui is curled up next to him, sleeping.]

Hiro: [Thinking as he looks over to Eievui.] ("It's never gonna leave me alone, anyway. Besides...")

[Hiro pictures all 5 of his sisters cuddling their Pokemon again before the scene returns to him.]

Hiro: [Thinking.] ("Everyone always seems so happy with a Pokemon of their own. I might as well try that for myself. I don't need a trainer license for that, right? It's simply my pet.")

[Still looking at Eievui, Hiro smiles before closing his eyes and falling asleep. The scene changes to the front of Hiro's school in the day time and the text "4099年4月17日 ( 金 )" (Friday, April 17, 4099) is displayed. To the right of the doorway, Eievui sits on a tree branch, eyes fixed on the door.]

Eievui: [Yawns, then lays down.] "...bui."

[Eievui thinks back to earlier in the day. It and Hiro were standing in front of the school building.]

Hiro: "Eievui, you need you to understand that you can't follow me in here. If you do, I'll get in trouble like yesterday. Please, just wait outside."

[Flashback ends. A droopy-eyed Eievui wags its tail around in boredom. Its eyes widen when it sees a small stab beetle walking in front of it. Eievui sniffs at it curiously, but the beetle pinches it on the nose.]

Eievui: "BUIIII!!" [Flails around batting at the beetle on its nose while tears form in its eyes.]

[The beetle falls off and lands back onto the branch, where it walks away. However, Eievui falls off the branch and hits the ground.]

Eievui: [Painfully groans.] "buiiii...ii...iii..." [Slowly stands up.]

[The school bell starts to ring, and Eievui immediately looks toward it. After a moment, a large group of students walks out of the front door. Eievui looks at the group and spots Hiro in it eventually. It dashes in between other students in the crowd and begins walking next to Hiro. Hiro doesn't even even notice Eievui until he feels something furry rub against his leg and he looks down. He doesn't speak, just smirks, before looking up again.]

Hiro: "It's my turn to cook dinner tonight. Does Eievui want to watch?"

Eievui: [Smiles.] "Bui!"

Hiro: [Eyes half-close.] "You'd get excited over anything I do, wouldn't you?"

[Hiro and Eievui are walking up the steps to the shrine by Hiro's house. While ascending the stairs, Hiro is carrying plastic grocery bags on each arm. When he reaches the top, he looks towards the shrine.]

Hiro: "Huh?"

[A male figure is shown ringing the bell, and then clapping his hands. Hiro stares at the figure. Eievui does the same, but looks confused while it does so.]

Hiro: "Matsuba-san?"

Hiro: "He's Enju City's gym leader. He's a close family friend of ours and visits the shrine often. An extremely spiritual man who longs to be as close to the spirits as the living creatures who are close enough to actually possess spirit-like qualities, Pokemon which he trains."

Eievui: [Looks at the figure in amusement.] "buuiiiii."

Hiro: "Hey, Matsuba-san!"

Matsuba: [Turns around and looks towards Hiro, then smiles before bowing his head.] "Hiro-kun, good afternoon."

Hiro: [Bows back.] "Good afternoon. You look to be in good health." [Walks up to Matsuba.]

Eievui: "Bui!"

Matsuba: "Eh?" [Looks down.] "An Eievui? ....is that your's?"

Hiro: [Nods head.] "Yeah."

Matsuba: "And you always seemed so resilient towards Pokemon training. Maybe you can battle me at my gym some day."

Hiro: [Shakes head.] "No, I'm not officially a trainer."

Matsuba: [Sighs.] "Is that so? So you're still not interested? Such a shame..." [Holds up index finger.] "I've always wanted at least one person from your family to challenge."

[While Hiro and Matsuba are conversing, Eievui curiously sniffs at Hiro's bag on his right side.]

Hiro: "Even if I were a trainer, I doubt I'd be good enough to beat you."

Matsuba: "It's not great for anyone to lack in self-confidence."

Hiro: "Oh?" [Grins.] "Then if I become a trainer, I promise me and Eievui, we'll defeat you together."

[Hiro holds up the bag Eievui was sniffing at so he could hold up a clenched fist, causing Eievui to back away. Eievui runs to Hiro's left and sniffs at that bag instead.]

Matsuba: [Closes eyes and chuckles.] "Now you're being too confident."

[Eievui bites on the left bag and rips the plastic, causing rice bags and wrapped fish fillets to spill out.]

Hiro: [Eyes widen.] "Ah!?" [Looks down at the spilled contents of the bag. An X-vein appears on his head and he closes his eyes.] "Stupid Eievui!"

Eievui: "...buiiii..." [Lowers head while facing backwards, blue vertical lines appear above it.]

Matsuba: [Chuckles again, then smiles.] "It's alright, I can help you with that."

Hiro: [Sighs in relief.] "Thank you very much, Matsuba-san."

[The scene changes to show Hiro storing away all the groceries into the fridge and cupboards while Eievui watches.]

Hiro (narration): "It seemed to happen very rapidly..."

[Hiro's now in his civilian clothes, sits at a low table and works on his homework. Eievui pokes in from under the table in front of Hiro's lap and turns around to look at the papers he's working on. Hiro lifts up his arms when this happens.]

Hiro (narration): "...but within the those three days since meeting, I ended up warming up towards Eievui."

[The next scene involves Hiro, wearing a white apron, in the kitchen. He's boiling rice, cutting vegetables, and grilling fish fillets. Meanwhile, Eievui sits on the window sill watching, but jumps off in terror when it sees a stab beetle land in front of it. Outside the window, Hiro's grandfather is seen sweeping the walkway.]

Hiro (narration): "I still didn't understand why this Pokemon was attracted to me..."

[At a dinner table, Hiro's family is eating the food that Hiro prepared earlier. In the background, all of the family's Pokemon are eating food out of pet dishes including Eievui.]

Hiro (narration): "...I still had no interests in Pokemon..."

[Eievui appears covered in suds. A full shot of Hiro, wrapped in a towl, is seen scrubbing Eievui's fur before turning on a shower head and rinsing it off.]

Hiro (narration): "...but I took it in as my pet anyway. I was giving in to defeat, but I also thought it would be fun."

[Hiro's asleep on his futon again, with Eievui curled up by his side.]

Hiro (narration): "I didn't worry much about it, though, because I knew either way, my peaceful life in Enju City wouldn't change."

[Eievui opens its eyes, then looks back to see that Hiro laid his hands on Eievui in his sleep. Eievui smiles and lays its head back down.]

Hiro (narration): "...but... neither of us... would expect what tomorrow would bring."

つづく

Last edited:

Yamato-san

Banned
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Feb 15, 2012
    author's note: I hope this chapter seems written well enough, because it's pretty special. It introduces a character that I, as well as some reviewers of the old version, really like, and I hope new readers will come to love this character as well.

NAME CHART
    -Monster Ball=Pokeball
    -Airmudo=Skarmory
    -Speedstar=Swift
    -Kakureon=Kecleon
    -Koratta=Rattata

-Rock-type=Iwa-type

CHAPTER 4: ACCIDENTAL DEPARTURE
    第四章:間違った出発

[A shot of the outside of Hiro's school building is shown, and with it, text is displayed saying "4099年4月18日 ( 土 )" (Saturday, April 18, 4099). Concealed in the bushes outside of the building, Eievui is curled up as it takes a nap. The school bell starts to ring and Eievui slowly opens its eyes.]

Eievui: [Drowsily.] "...bui?"

[A mass of students dressed in uniforms walk out of the doors, among them is Hiro, who suddenly stops when someone in the crowd put a hand on his right shoulder. He looks back and sees Chris.]

Hiro: "Eh... Chris-kun?"

Chris: [Closes eyes and grins.] "Yo, Hiro." [Opens eyes.] "I received something very cool yesterday and I wanted to show you it after school."

Hiro: [Turns around to face him.] "Very cool? What is it?"

Chris: "This!" [Holds out a tiny Monster Ball.]

Hiro: "Monster Ball? The league assigned you your first Pokemon already?"

Chris: [Presses the button on the ball's center, causing it to expand to the size of his hand.] "Actually, this is one of my father's old Pokemon. He didn't use it much, so he's letting me have it to start my trainer's journey with."

[Chris holds up the Monster Ball and tosses it to the ground, causing it to open and release some white energy that materializes into an Airmudo.]

Airmudo: [Spreads wings.] "Gyaaaaaasu!!"

[Many of the school students who were walking out stop to stare at the bird. In the bushes, Eievui has just finished yawning and begins walking out towards Hiro, though unnoticed due to the attention towards Airmudo.]

Hiro: [Irises expand and glitter.] "Sweeeeeet! That looks like it would make an awesome pet!"

Eievui: [Stops upon hearing Hiro's comment.] "Bui!?" [Growls angrily.] "Buiiiiiiii!!!"

[When Chris is about to say something, he's interrupted when he sees Eievui jump onto Hiro's shoulders and gnaw at his head.]

Hiro: [Runs around with arms flailing.] "OW! OWWWW!!! GET OFF OF ME!!!"

Chris: [A sweatdrop slides down his head as he looks at Hiro for a moment, then turns to Airmudo.] "Airmudo, Speedstar!"

Airmudo: "Gyaaaasu!"

[Airmudo lowers its head and shoots a stream of stars from its mouth. The stars hit Eievui, knocking it off of Hiro's head and onto the ground.]

Hiro: [Gasps and crouches down to Eievui, nudging it with his hand.] "Eievui! Are you alright?!"

Eievui: [Gets up.] "bui..."

Chris: [Question mark appears over his head.] "Hiro... you know this Eievui?"

Hiro: [Turns head and nods.] "Yeah. It's mine."

Chris: [More question marks start appearing over his head.] "But... I thought... you and Pokemon training..."

[As the number of question marks build up, the Airmudo's bulging eyes roll towards its trainer as a sweat drop slides down its head. The scene changes to show a humming chicada on a tree, which immediately flies away as Airmudo ends up pecking into the tree.]

Airmudo: "Gyaaasu?" [Eyes roll towards the chicada that flew away.] "...gyaaa...aaasu..." [Closes eyes as tears stream down from them. It then looks over and notices a stream with fish leaping out of it. Walks towards stream.]

Chris's voice: "So just a pet, eh?"

[View changes to show Hiro and Chris sitting on a park bench, while Eievui jumps around chasing a yellow butterfly.]

Hiro: [Nods.] "Uh huh."

Chris: "I noticed you mentioning 'pet' when I showed you Airmudo. So you still don't wanna be a trainer?"

Hiro: [Shakes head.] "Nuh uh."

Chris: "I see..." [Closes eyes and sighs.]

[In the background, Airmudo is both drinking water and tilting its head up to eat small fish whole. Eievui continues chasing the butterfly until a Butterfree floats down in front of it.]

Butterfree: "Biiiifuriiii...."

Eievui: [Fur turns bushy and shakes, a sweatdrop appears on the back of its head.] "BUIIIIIIII!!!!" [Runs under the bench that Hiro and Chris are on in fright.]

[Hiro looks at the Butterfree and snickers.]

Chris: [Clenches fist.] "D*mn, this is really disheartening. I'm leaving on my trainer's journey tomorrow, and for that moment after you said that Eievui was your's, I was hoping we could start off together."

Hiro: "Sorry. Don't feel so bad, I may have just slowed you down or get in your way if I travelled with you." [Lightly smiles.]

Chris: "You're probably right." [Lightly smiles as well.]

[After Airmudo finishes gulping down another fish, it turns around and digs its beak into the ground, shoveling a layer of grass and dirt into its mouth, which it swallows. Afterwards it eats some more dirt. The shoveling noises causes Hiro to turn around and look.]

Hiro: "Hey Chris, is your Airmudo eating dirt?"

Chris: "Yeah, it does that at the end of a meal."

Hiro: "Why?"

[Eievui quivers under the bench. However, when the same yellow butterfly floats in front of it, and a stag beetle happens to walk by, its eyes widen as it slowly and silently backs away.]

Chris: "Airmudo's digestive tract is able to process metals, like the sediments in common dirt, into a pure form, thereby giving it its metallic skin." [Stretches arms out.] "You may have never heard it before, but among trainers, especially those who studied Steel-type and Rock-type Pokemon, it's common knowledge."

Hiro: [Turns towards Chris with a sweatdrop and half-closed eyes.] "Was it necessary to say that last part?"

Chris: [Chuckles.] "Hey, before I leave... have you ever wanted to fly?"

Hiro: "Somewhat."

[Chris looks at Hiro as a smile slowly creeps across his face. The scene changes to show an aerial view of Enju City. An Airmudo flies by with 3 passengers on its back: Chris, who's firmly holding onto the bird's neck, Hiro, who's holding onto Chris's shoulder with his right hand, and Eievui, who's being held against Hiro's chest with his left hand.]

Chris: "It's exciting, eh?"

Hiro: [Sneezes, leaving a drop of snot to hang from his nose.] "It's cold up here."

Chris: [Chuckles.] "Sorry. Normally, you wear coats while doing this."

Hiro: "Don't you have one?"

Chris: [A large sweatdrop slides down his head.] "I didn't bring it to school." [The wind blows off the sweatdrop, which smacks Hiro and Eievui in the faces. Hiro and Eievui frown.]

Hiro: "However, other than the temperature, I like it. You'll be doing this a lot on your journey?"

Chris: "That's right." [Looks down at the city with a smile.] "Freedom and grace has commonly been represented with flying in the skies. While I don't think I'd have 'grace', I am free from my regular life to become a trainer. My freedom would feel a bit incomplete without having the thing that symbolises it."

Hiro: [Eyes half-closed.] "No need for the poetry. You just want to make travel easier and more convenient, right? A few days ago, weren't you interested in experiencing a real-life 'quest'?"

Chris: "Ah?!" [Closes eyes and forces a laugh.] "Well, there's nothing wrong with using tools or party members gained to make a quest easier."

[Suddenly, an airplane passes by in front of Airmudo, causing it to freak out.]

Airmudo: "GYAAAAAASU!!!!" [Flaps wings rapidly and accidentally throws its passengers upwards.]

Hiro & Chris: [Close eyes.] "WAAAA!!!!"

[Hiro continues hanging onto Chris, who continues hanging onto Airmudo, and they safely land onto its back again. However, Hiro accidentally let go of Eievui and it ends up being thrown away from Airmudo.]

Eievui: "BUIIIII!!!"

Hiro: [Opens eyes in shock.] "EIEVUIIII!!!!"

[Hiro lets go of Chris and holds out his hands to grab Eievui, which he succeeds in doing. However, he loses balance on Airmudo and ends up falling off as well.]

Hiro (simultaneously): "WAAAAAHHHHH!!!"
    Eievui (simultaneously): "BUIIIIII!!!"

Chris: "Hiro! Eievui! Airmudo, descend and grab them!"

Airmudo: "Gyasu!" [Swoops down and uses its beak to snatch Hiro by the pant-leg, then slowly flaps its wings as it starts to descend.]

Hiro: [Hangs upside-down clutching Eievui as he looks up to see Airmudo holding him.] "You moron! You steered Airmudo in the direction of the airport."

Chris: [Rubs back of his head.] "Sorry, sorry! I should've paid better attention. Don't worry, I'm landing now."

[Airmudo proceeds to slowly flap to the ground. However, when it's about 15 meters above the ground, Hiro's pant-leg starts to rip.]

Hiro: "Eh?" [Looks at his pants. Speaks frantically.] "Hurry!"

Chris: "O..." [Before he finishes, Hiro's pant-leg rips and he goes falling from about 10 meters above the ground. Chris's mouth gapes open and his eyes turn beady as he stares down.] "...K?"

Hiro (simultaneously): "WAAAAAAHHHHH!!!"
    Eievui (simultaneously): "BUIIIIII!!!"

[Hiro and Eievui end up landing into a crate of cloths, softening their land.]

Chris: [Sighs.] "That was fortunate."

[The crate immediately has its top covered.]

Chris: [Beady eyes and gaping mouth return.] "WHAAAAAAT!?! How could they not notice those two?"

[Chris watches as the crate gets loaded onto a blimp.]

Chris: "Could anyone really be 'that' occupied with their job?" [Closes eyes and clenches fist.] "S***! Now I have to tell this to his sisters..." [Closed eyes start to stream tears, lower lip raises.] "Koume scares me... she'll kill me instantly..."

[Inside the crate, Hiro bangs on the side.]

Hiro: "HEY!! IS THERE ANYONE THERE?! LET US OUT!!" [Stops banging and sighs.] "Dammit! I happen to land in a crate right when it's being closed, seems too coincidental to have happened."

Eievui: [Looks down.] "...buiii..."

[Hiro hears the sound of something scratching outside. Both he and Eievui turn their heads toward it.]

Hiro: "Thank god... HEY, DO YOU THINK YOU COULD LET US OUT!?"

[Scratching sounds stop. Hiro and Eievui look at eachother in confusion. Suddenly, the side of the crate gets smashed in by a rainbow-colored beam.]

Hiro: [Jumps back along with Eievui.] "WAH!"

[When the beam stops, Hiro peers at the newly-formed hole for a moment. He and Eievui crawl towards it and peep outside.]

Hiro: [Looking around the area.] "This looks like the cargo of an airship. Good, that means it's just a short, pleasure cruise instead of something far from home."

Eievui: [Points its paw at something towards the right.] "Bui bui!"

[Hiro turns his head and sees a Kakureon with a blue, zigzag stripe standing there.]

Hiro: "Pokemon...? That's what let us out?"

[The Kakureon stares at Hiro for a moment, then shoots a rainbow-colored beam from its mouth into Hiro's face before scurrying off.]

Hiro: [Holds hand over his face.] "Ouch..."

???: "What's that noise over there!?"

[Hiro and Eievui's eyes widen and they both go back into the crate to hide.]

Hiro: [Thinking.] ("What'll I do? I didn't mean to be a stow-away!")

???: "Probably just a Koratta."

[Outside of the crate, there stands a couple men wearing black clothes and hats, a giant red R symbol on their shirts. With the two men is a shorter figure, whose skin can't be seen because he's entirely covered in a cloak and is only about as tall of the other two's knees. This figure holds out a pistol and shoots at the crate.]

short figure: "It's not a Koratta, it's a human! I CAN HEAR YOUR BREATHING!!! COME OUT, NOW!!!"

Hiro: [Looks up to see a newly-formed bullet hole in the wall above him.] "Gi.... WAAAAAHHH!" [Runs out of the crate along with Eievui and holds his hands up.] "Stop! Don't shoot, please!"

[The other two men gasp upon seeing that the shorter figure was right. Meanwhile, the short, cloaked figure walks up to Hiro with a gun still pointed at him.]

short figure: "Do exactly as I say and you can live, understood?"

Hiro: "I understand..." [Slowly nods head.]

short figure: "Good. Now..."

つづく

NOTES
    -Japan has school on Saturdays. They're half-days, but school days nontheless.
    -I'm using the metric system because I involve a lot of Japanese culture and stylings to my story. Of course, Japan uses the metric system, as well as every other country outside of mine (I live in the US, so you know).

Last edited:

Yamato-san

Banned
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Feb 15, 2012
    author's note: that favorite character of mine, whom premiered cloaked in the previous chapter, is revealed. I can't wait to do revisions of later chapters with this guy, where his deep character gets to be delved into ^^.

NAME CHART
    -Rocket Gang=Team Rocket
    -Utsugi-hakase=Professor Elm
    -Kirinriki=Girafarig
    -Psyche Beam=Psybeam
    -Kimori=Treecko

-Rocket Gang=Rocket Dan
    -Psyche Beam=Psyche Kousen

CHAPTER 5: HIJACK
    第五章:乗っ取り

[The short, cloaked figure points a gun at Hiro. Eievui, who's standing next to Hiro's feet, snarls at the figure and tries rushing forward.]

Hiro: "Stop, Eievui!"

Eievui: [Stops on command, then looks up at Hiro questionedly.] "Bui?"

Hiro: "Eievui, we'll do what he instructs us to do, alright?"

Eievui: [Slowly nods head in agreement, but looks down in disappointment.] "Buiii..."

short figure: "Why do you take orders from him?"

Eievui: "Bui?" [Quickly looks up at the figure.]

short figure: "Either way, it would be wise to stay back. Now..."

[The short figure points his gun to the cargo's exit. Hiro and Eievui look confused.]

short figure: "Leave. Warn everyone of our arrival."

[The other two men that were with the short figure gasp in shock.]

man 1: "What are you doing?"

short figure: "Tell everyone that Rocket Gang is on this airship, give them all a chance to prepare."

Hiro: "Rocket Gang? That crime organization?"

[The short figure drops his gun.]

short figure: "I hate using man-made objects to fight." [Walks on top of the gun, where the sound of metal crunching could be heard from underneath the cloak.]

[Hiro and Eievui look at the figure in bewilderment, then start to run towards the cargo exit.]

man 2: [Holds up gun.] "Stop!"

[The short figure immediately runs over and punches the man in the gut, causing him to fall over in pain.]

short figure: "I said they could go."

man 1: "Kiryuu-sama, why are you doing this?"

[The short figure stands there without moving his head nor saying a word.]

man 1: "KIRYUU-SAMA!!!"

Kiryuu (short figure): "Several armed guards and Pokemon trainers are on board. If they were caught by surprise, a chance to test my abilities and skills would be wasted." [Slowly brings his sleeve-wrapped arms together. The sound of knuckles cracking can be heard.]

man 2: [Slowly gets up.] "You bastard..."

[The man tries reaching for his gun, but Kiryuu slides it away. The man then tries reaching for one of the Monster Balls on his belt.]

Kiryuu: "Don't humiliate yourself."

man 2: "...gi..." [Pulls hand away from the belt.]

[The gun that was crushed under Kiryuu's feet earlier is shown, and then the scene changes to the passenger section of the airship. There, a security guard stands in Hiro and Eievui's path.]

Hiro: "Will you please listen to me?"

guard: "Why should I trust a stow-away like yourself?"

Hiro: "Rocket Gang is in the cargo area, I'm telling the truth!"

guard: "You're trying to trick us."

Hiro: "Shut up! Why can't you treat this more seriously!?"

Eievui: "BUI!"

???: "What's going on here?"

[The guard turns around, while Hiro and Eievui look around the guard to see the owner of the voice, Utsugi-hakase.]

guard: "Utsugi-hakase?"

Hiro: "Utsugi?" [Looks at the man for a moment.] "You sound familiar."

Utsugi: [Collapses, then gets back up.] "What? You don't know who I am? You are from Jouto, aren't you?"

Hiro: "Yeah. Didn't you appear on television one time?"

Utsugi: [Sweatdrops.] "You're kidding, right?"

[Hiro shakes his head.]

Utsugi: "Well, it's time you learn who I am." [Flames appear in the background.] "I am the great Pokemon researcher of the Jouto area, the man who helps out all of its aspiring trainers, I'm Utsugi-hakase!"

Hiro: "Was stating your name really necessary?"

Utsugi: [Flames disappear as he falls sideways. Gets up and pushes his glasses upwards.] "How bothersome. Anyway, what happened?"

guard: "He's a stow-away, Utsugi-hakase."

Hiro: "I didn't get on this airship on purpose. I'm trying to tell this guard that Rocket Gang is in the cargo area, but he won't believe me."

Utsugi: "Rocket Gang? Even if he is a stow-away, a matter like that should be tooken seriously."

guard: "But he could very well be lying."

Utsugi: "Check the cargo before you come to conclusions."

guard: [Sighs.] "Alright. But if he's lying, there'll be consequences."

Hiro: "I'm already a stow-away, why do something so reckless?"

[Hiro, Eievui, and Utsugi watch as a group of guards head towards the cargo area.]

Utsugi: [Tears stream down eyes.] "I can't believe a Jouto citizen doesn't know who I am."

Hiro: [Closes eyes and sweatdrops.] "Well, I don't study up on things like Pokemon researchers." [Looks down with a puzzled look on face.]

Utsugi: "Eh? What's wrong?"

Eievui: [Jumps onto Hiro's shoulder.] "Bui?"

[As Hiro speaks, scenes of the guards walking are shown.]

Hiro: "Rocket Gang caught me, but they let me go."

[The guards enter the cargo area to find Kiryuu, still cloaked, and his two partners whom are standing to the side.]

Hiro: "This short guy told me to warn everyone, to have them all prepare. They let me go so easily, but why would they do that?"

[The guards point their guns at Kiryuu. The scene ends with Kiryuu looking at the guards as a yellow, inhuman eye glints from underneath his hood.]

Utsugi: "Rocket Gang being merciful? That does sound very odd."

[The scene changes back to where Hiro and Utsugi were. A few battered guards enter the passenger area.]

Utsugi & Hiro: "Huh?"

random guard: [Pants.] "Utsugi-hakase... we failed... Hurry and prepare all trainers on the ship. He's strong, but... battling is our last hope."

Utsugi: "U...understood." [Runs in the opposite direction from the doorway.] "HEY, EVERYONE!! ROCKET GANG IS ON THIS SHIP! COME TOWARDS THE CARGO AREA AND PREPARE YOUR POKEMON FOR BATTLE!!!" [Thinking.] ("Did that guard just say 'he'... as in a singular?")

[As panicked screams are heard in the background, as well as trainers running towards Hiro's location, the beaten guards walk away from the doorway. The same guard that didn't believe Hiro earlier looks at Hiro.]

guard: [Looks down.] "So... sorry..."

Hiro: "It's alright."

guard: [Points at Eievui.] "You're a trainer, correct? Are you gonna try fighting as well?"

Hiro: [Eyes widen.] "Me? I'm not a trainer!"

guard: "Whatever you are, you need to fight. If you lose against Rocket Gang... they'll take your Pokemon away from you."

Hiro: [Backs away while gasping and shivering.] "Wh... what?"

Eievui: [Eyes tear up, jumps down into Hiro's arms and sobs into his chest in fright.] "BUIIII.... IIII.... BUIIII...!"

Hiro: [Looks down at Eievui.] "Eievui..." [Looks at the guard.] "I won't let that happen! Eievui, we never battled, but let's try our best to prevent this."

Eievui: [Looks up at Hiro, teary-eyed, and slowly nods.] "Bui."

[Hiro and Eievui stand and wait for someone to enter the doorway. After a moment, Kiryuu, still cloaked, enters the doorway.]

Hiro: [Points finger at Kiryuu.] "Eh? You're that guy who let me go!"

Kiryuu: [Turns his head towards Hiro for a moment, then towards the horde of trainers that stand before him, then sighs.] "I let the kid go to give you all a head start, but you still hardly seem worth my time."

Hiro: "Huh? That's why he..."

random trainer: "Arrogant bastard! You'll regret messing with us." [Slams a Monster Ball to the ground and releases a Kirinriki.] "Use Psyche Beam!"

Kirinriki: "Kiriiiii!" [A light forms on its horns and it shoots a rainbow beam at Kiryuu.]

Kiryuu: [Jumps over the beam.] "Hmph... idiot..." [As he starts to descend from his jump, he goes towards Kirinriki. When he's right in front of its face, a green foot sticks out from his cloak and kicks the opposing Pokemon senseless.]

random trainer: [Gasps.] "Ki... Kirinriki...!" [Collapses to his knees.]

Kiryuu: [Walks past the fainted Kirinriki towards the trainers.] "Huh?" [Suddenly stops, looks back, and sees the Kirinriki's tail is still conscious and biting onto his cloak.]

Kirinriki (tail): [Holding part of cloak in mouth.] "Rikiiiiii!"

[Kirinriki's tail pulls back and rips the cloak off of Kiryuu, revealing him to be a Kimori. Everyone watching this is shocked.]

Hiro: "He's... he's a Pokemon? No way..."

Eievui: [Gasps.] "Buiiiii..."

Utsugi: "I've... I've heard about this. Rocket Gang has some talking Pokemon in the organization. I didn't think I'd actually see one for myself."

Kiryuu: [Snarls at the Kirinriki's tail, who's also got its mouth open in shock, and instantly punches it unconscious. Looks towards the trainers afterwards.] "Stop acting surprised and continue fighting me."

Hiro: [Stands to the side. Thinking.] ("I know I said we should try our best. However, this talking Pokemon... it looks so strong.")

Eievui: [Shivering with face in Hiro's chest.] "buiiiiiii...."

random trainer 2: [Steps forward from the crowd.] "Come on, everyone! Just because it talks doesn't mean it's invincible. This type of Pokemon is weak and unevolved. Even if it were otherwise, as trainers, we need to try beating enemy Pokemon such as this, right?"

crowd: [Uproars.] "YEAAAAAH!!!"

Kiryuu: [Smirks.] "Well, everyone should try attacking me simultaneously."

Hiro: [Thinking.] ("Simultaneously? Is he serious?")

[Kiryuu clenches his fists and dashes forward while all the trainers toss their Monster Balls into the air.]

つづく

Last edited:

Yamato-san

Banned
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Feb 15, 2012
    NAME CHART
    -Sawamuraa=Hitmonlee
    -Ringuma=Ursaring
    -Pukurin=Wigglytuff
    -Kairikii=Machamp
    -Kodora=Lairon
    -Yanyanma=Yanma
    -Break Claw=Crush Claw
    -Risky Tackle=Double-Edge
    -Megaton Punch=Mega Punch
    -Continuous Cut=Fury Cutter

-Risky Tackle=Sutemi Tackle
    -Continuous Cut=Renzoku Giri

CHAPTER 6: KIRYUU'S SKILL
    第六章:キリュウの能力

Kiryuu: [Stands before a crowd of trainers, eyeing them as he cracks his knuckles.] "All of you, try attacking me at the same time!"

male trainer 1: "Heh, you're pretty stupid." [Turns to the other trainers.] "You heard him! He'll have less of a chance if we all attack together! Release as many Pokemon as you feel you can command!"

male trainer 2: "Gotcha. Go, Sawamuraa! Beat that Kimori until he's senseless!" [Tosses down a Monster Ball that releases a white light that forms into a Sawamuraa.]

Sawamuraa: "Mura!" [Starts running towards Kiryuu.]

crowd: [Toss Monster Balls into the air.] "Let's go!"

[A flurry of Monster Balls open up and release several white lights. A Ringuma, a Pukurin, a Kairikii, a Zangoose, a Kodora, and a Yanyanma all form from them.]

Sawamuraa: "Muraaaaa!" [Jumps up and dives towards Kiryuu with his leg extended outwards.]

Kiryuu: [Smirks.] "Heh!"

[Right as Sawamuraa's about to connect, Kiryuu roles out of the way, and Sawamuraa ends up landing on the ground. Sawamuraa looks behind himself to see the Kimori standing a couple meters away.]

Sawamuraa: [Lowers eyelids in anger.] "Mu... MURAAAAA!!!" [Kicks out its right leg, which quickly begins to extend more than its usual length.]

[Kiryuu drops backwards before he's kicked, then he grabs the leg that's extending above him.]

Sawamuraa: "Mura?"

[Kiryuu stands up and starts spinning around while swinging Sawamuraa, whose leg causes him to extend from his arms and strike down some of the human bystanders. After a while of swinging, Kiryuu lets go, causing the Sawamuraa's body to go flying in the direction of all the trainers' Pokemon. All of them quickly get out of the way except for Kodora, who's just barely missed as Sawamuraa's extended leg grazes the top of its spikes. Sawamuraa crashes through a window.]

male trainer 2: "Waah!" [Immediately runs to the broken window and holds out a Monster Ball.] "Return!" [Peaks head and arm out the window and points the ball downwards as it shoots out a red beam that hits the plummeting Sawamuraa and converts it to a red light that goes back into the ball. Sighs a breath of relief.]

[All the trainers with the exception of the one that retrieved Sawamuraa, their Pokemon, Utsugi-hakase, Hiro, and Eievui stare at Kiryuu with their mouths open, shocked.]

Hiro: [Holding Eievui in his arms.] "It's amazing enough that it's able to talk, now this. Hey, Utsugi-hakase, didn't that trainer earlier say this particular Pokemon is supposed to be weak?"

Utsugi: "I'm surprised too." [Eyes start to twitch.] "Such skill... who could have trained such a Pokemon?"

female trainer: [Snarls.] "Zangoose, Break Claw! Defeat him!" [Holds up a fist.]

male trainer 1: "Pukurin, Risky Tackle! Kairikii, Megaton Punch!"

[Zangoose's claw and Kairikii's fist start to glow with energy, while Pukurin breathes in air to inflate itself, floats up a little, then releases all the air to quickly propel itself into the direction of Kiryuu. Unfortunately, Kiryuu jumps upwards, causing Pukurin to smash into the floor.]

Pukurin: [Gets up with swirls in eyes and stumbling in a daze.] "Pukuuuuu...uuu...uuu..."

Kiryuu: [Lands with a kick to Pukurin's back, causing it to fall forward unconsciously.] "I was hoping for a challenge..." [Looks forward to see Zangoose and Kairikii charging forward with glowing hands.] "...today, I was disappointed again." [As Zangoose's Break Claw is ready to connect, Kiryuu jumps onto the back of Zangoose's head, then propels off it to give Kairikii a hard punch in the stomach before it's able to throw its Megaton Punch.]

Kairikii: [Slowly speaks having just had the wind knocked out of it.] "...ka...iiii...." [Collapses to its knees.]

female trainer: "D*mn, we underestimated him. Zangoose, counter speed for speed! Continuous Cut!"

Zangoose: "Zaaaaaan....!" [Turns around and quickly swipes claw towards Kiryuu.]

Kiryuu: [Catches claw.] "You think speed is my only advantage?" [Lets go of the claw and then quickly grabs Zangoose by the shoulders, lifts it into the air, and headbutts it in the face, knocking it unconscious.] "I have power as well."

female trainer: [Gasps.] "Zangoose..."

[Kiryuu then twirls around to smack Zangoose's feet into the cheek of Kairikii, who was behind Kiryuu on its knees before finally being brought to the ground. Kiryuu tosses Zangoose onto the ground afterwards.]

male trainer 1: [Wide-eyed.] "Ka... Kairikii.... Pukurin...." [Faces downward with eyes closed.] "Dammit! I didn't think you'd both fail..." [Pulls out two Monster Balls and recalls both of his fainted Pokemon.]

[The female trainer recalls her Zangoose as well. The scene changes to the cargo area, where the two Rocket Gang members that Kiryuu was with earlier are sitting on the ground in wait.]

man 2: [Quietly sits with his legs crossed, then after a while changes his position so he's lying with his knees bent upwards and sighs.] "Hey, I know Kiryuu said he would handle it by himself, but..."

man 1: [Sitting in the same position man 1 was in before lying down.] "But what?"

man 2: "Should we be so confident in his abilities, or his loyalty for that matter?"

man 1: "You don't trust him?"

man 2: "Well, I wouldn't want to be too dependant on him. Afterall, even if he's supposedly strong, he could still come across a problem. Besides, to him, humans are..."

man 1: [Lays down as well.] "Would you rather be confident in him, a high-ranking member, or our own abilities? Let's face it, we may be have weapons, we may have decent Pokemon assigned to us, but do we have the actual skill to implement these things?"

man 2: "Just wait a little longer. Kiryuu-sama will have finished them all off easily."

man 1: [Looks at man 2 with a concerned look on his face, then stares at the ceiling.] "That bastard's loyalty... I still question it."

[Back in the passenger area, Kiryuu stands before an unconscious Ringuma, Kodora, and Yanyanma, which are all recalled into their Monster Balls by their trainers.]

Kiryuu: [Sighs.] "If I just battled in an open area, I'd be able to fight more opponents at a time. Another disappointment. Oh well, I have a job to do." [Walks towards Utsugi-hakase.]

Utsugi: "Eh?" [Backs into the wall as he notices Kiryuu approaching.]

[Hiro, still holding onto Eievui, scoots a little away from Utsugi as Kiryuu continues walking towards him.]

Kiryuu: "You're the famous researcher, Utsugi, correct? As a researcher, you have several rare Pokemon with you, and as such, Rocket Gang is very interested." [Stops a meter in front of Utsugi.] "Will you agree to give us such Pokemon, or should I use force?"

Utsugi: [Drops to knees with hands clapped together in front of face.] "Please, don't hurt me. I'd hate to give in to your demands, but I feel I have no other choice."

Kiryuu: [Walks until he's right in front of Utsugi and looks him in the face.] "Good. Now where are your Pokemon?"

Utsugi: [Shudders as Kiryuu looms just a little in front of his face.] "They're... they're all at my lab..."

Kiryuu: "None are on you right now?"

Utsugi: [Slowly shakes head.] "N... no..."

Kiryuu: "That so?" [Turns around.] "I can take all these other Pokemon in the mean time." [Prepares to walk away from Utsugi.]

Utsugi: "Wait... this might not be the right situation to be asking this, but I'm intrigued to know about you. How are you able to talk? Who's your trainer?"

[Kiryuu immediately turns around and throws a fist towards Utsugi, but purposely misses to smash it into the wall just a little next to his face. Utsugi gasps with his eyes wide open.]

Kiryuu: [Angrily stares into Utsugi's eyes.] "I trained myself... no one is my trainer, lest of all a human... understood?"

[Utsugi gulps as he slowly nods.]

???: "Hey!"

Kiryuu: [Turns head in direction of voice.] "What?"

[Across the passenger area, one of the guards from earlier is walking forward.]

guard: "I talked to the pilots, we're going to land soon. When we do, there's gonna be some police ready to take you down."

Kiryuu: "Police? What are they going to do? Did you forget how easily I overcame you and the rest of those armed guards?"

[The guard starts to snarl angrily.]

Kiryuu: "I was going to use a parachute to escape, but it seems you've helped make my escape an easier task." [Looks at Utsugi again.] "Though, it's a shame I won't be able to reach your lab. Perhaps we can take you hostage and exchange you for your rare Pokemon."

[Utsugi chokes at the sound of that last sentence. Meanwhile, a frustrated guard slowly reaches towards his belt for a gun, but stops when he notices Kiryuu glaring towards him.]

Kiryuu: "Even if this thing is landing early, it'll be a while. The last time I glimpsed a window, we were over a large forested area. For now, I'll be taking everyone's Pokemon, or if anyone's confident enough, we could continue battling."

Hiro: "Ei... Eievui... I'm not giving you up. Maybe if we can find a way to avoid him until we land..."

Eievui: [Growls while looking towards Kiryuu in anger.] "Buiiii....!"

Hiro: "Huh? You want to attempt battling?" [Looks down at Eievui for a minute, then quickly shakes his head.] "No! You saw what he did to the others! You'd only end up getting hurt!"

Eievui: [Struggles in Hiro's arms.] "Buiiiii...."

Hiro: "Please listen to me...." [Attempts tightening his grip on Eievui.]

Eievui: "BUI!" [Squeezes out of Hiro's arms despite the tightening. Jumps to the ground.] "Buiiiiiiiiii.....!" [Snarls at Kiryuu.]

Hiro: "Ei... Eievui..."

Eievui: [Looks back at Hiro.] "Bui?"

Hiro: [Looks at Eievui for a moment.] "If you're gonna act so stupid, then at least do your best. Remember what's at risk here."

Eievui: [Smirks then nods.] "Bui!" [Looks towards Kiryuu, who's currently walking towards some of the other trainers.] "BUIIIIIIIIII!!!!" [Dashes towards Kiryuu.]

Kiryuu: "Eh?" [Turns head to see Eievui charging towards him.]

つづく

Last edited:

Yamato-san

Banned
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Feb 15, 2012
    I happened to be looking at this thread called "Pokemon Humor", and I came across post by Nekomajo. She made this post back when the thread was about 'famous last words' in Pokemon.

Nekomajo Asunya said:
    NOTE: These are based on fan fics that I've read, either here or other places. I do NOT intend to insult the authors in any way, shape, or form.

31. "Hah! So what if that kid's Eievui (Eevee) evolved into a Boostre (Flareon)? It's no match against me!" - Kiryuu the Kimori (Treecko) [Pocket Monsters Chronicles].

I just thought I'd make it clear that she kinda has her facts about Kiryuu wrong. For one thing, you all saw how much he kicked a*s in recent chapters, and that was just his first appearance. Obviously, it'd take a lot more than type advantage to take him down, especially if the type advantage is only from a meek, single Pokemon. Hell, just wait 'til you see what the guy deals with in later chapters. Second, let it be known that Kiryuu is absolutely 'not' cocky and arrogant. At first, he might seem like he's just another villian looking for a strong opponent to challenge him, just because he's prideful and is always looking for a challenge, but as you'll see in later chapters, he actually has a reason for this. Also, for a Pokemon, he's surprisingly intelligent, capable of coming up with strategies most humans can't even match. As you saw recently, he's of course level-headed enough to put his pride aside and retreat from his enemies when he knows d*mn well the odds are against him. Just pointing all that out for those who seem to misinterprate characters.

Anyway, new chapter's up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back