• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is your looking glass mirrored or transparent?~

Melody

Banned
Years
  • Do you spend more time reflecting upon yourself, or others? If so, why? Do you reflect deeply upon such things?

I find that mine is both mirrored and transparent equally. I reflect, a lot on the world around me...but at the same time, I can spend hours on end just reflecting upon myself and thinking about myself, not in that selfish way, but on ways to improve myself, searching my heart about how I feel about things and stuff like that.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Ah I like this thread.
    To be honest it's never really occured to me as to which one I do more or which I don't do enough of which is most likely the case! I reflect mainly on things around me if I'm to be honest. I like to look at people places and things in detail and get to know them and study them before I ever make a decision. Admittedly I can be wrong but that's how I've learned to perceive things a little better. I'm odd I can't really explain the way I think I find it hard to but, I will say I think a lot and I've grown up not trusting people due to people breaching my trust so I'm always very sceptical about people but more so in life rather than the internet as I take things IRL a little more seriously than I do on the internet.
    As for reflecting on myself I don't do it a whole lot. I do it every now and then when I can see myself drifting away from who I really am then I sit down and find out what has been going on before other people point it out to me, but most of the time people can spot right away when I'm not being myself. However I'm more of a realist with a touch of a pessimistic view twords certain aspects of life, mainly because of what I've experianced throughout my life. It's very hard to determine the difference between a pessimist and realist due to the worlds basic view. But as I say, The glass is more transparent but seldom flipped to be mirrored.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Yea, i always think about my past which gives me nightmares. I wish to forget everything in my past.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • I don't like the past. D:

To me, the only time I ever think about the past is when I think about other people's personality and psychologically profile them. I usually think to the future most of the times.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012
    I reflect more upon myself because I'm always trying to improve myself. There are some things I truly don't like about myself that I'm almost always conscious of and always try to change or better. That being said, I do reflect on others a lot as well.

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
  • While I do both a fair amount, I have a tendency to reflect upon my past self rather than the past of those around me. I can't grasp the past of others as well as I can for myself. I don't know why they acted a certain way in the past - I don't know what was going on through their head at a certain time.

As for reflecting on myself, I think it's great for personal growth. If I think deeply enough, I can realize the mistakes from my past and try to grow from them so I won't repeat it again.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
  • Most often, I think of other people, and the situations I may find myself in with them, have been in, or want to be in. I don't reflect on myself that often, unless something's occurred that's made me want to step back and take a good look at where I am. :3

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
  • A bit of both. :P When looking at a situation I don't like to focus too much on myself, because that gives a skewed view. However, focusing too much on others skews the perspective as well.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • Sometimes, I reflect upon myself, and other times, I reflect upon other peoples' actions. I try to be even about these things, and I use them both to improve myself.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • First of all, great thread. :]

And as for the actual question? Yes, I reflect upon myself quite a lot. Mainly because I have the time to, but also because I know I can always do better at what I try. As for reflecting on other people? Well, I reflect on their actions and how they affect me a lot, but I also tend to just ask myself questions about them more or less.

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    I suppose I think about both equally, although I'm not really looking to improve myself. :x I guess I just like trying to figure out how other people think, and I like seeing if I can predict their actions. I'm also trying to get an unbiased description of myself and the way I think; I don't want to change myself, I just want to find out what kind of person other people see me as.

... If any of that made sense. XD

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    I must say I reflect the most on problems. I reflect more thoughts on myself than on others

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • I'm only a small part of a population of 6+ billion people. When I think about myself, it is generally in relation to my self-ordained "purpose in life" (since I am atheist, I believe purpose is always self-ordained), which is two-fold: make myself happy and help other people (which more or less relates to the first one, in a way). I don't know if that answers your question or not.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    I am a transparent mirror. I reflect upon everything, and in fact also point out every mistake. Also, I often wonder about what could have happened if I did things differently, why did I do them, and what has happened because of it. Especially about myself, I often wonder how I got like I am, and how I could change, and if I even want to change.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • My glass is a transparency that gives way to reflection. I look at the world, and how it looks at me. I observe people, and reflect to myself what thoughts said people have of me. To truly understand one's existence in life, all one has to do is look at the people around them. It's fine to promote inner understand and find yourself, but the people around you are existence. The individual self is finite, but existence as a whole is forever. After you're gone, the only remnant of you is the thoughts others have of you.

I often find myself thinking how I would be remembered, or how future generations would perceive me if my entire life legacy was told through the memories and opinions of others. Based on that idea, I do what I can for others and try to think less of myself in order to "live on" past my individual existence in the most positive manner possible.

Back