• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shadow's Haze

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigfatgranny

Pokemon Shadow's Haze.
Years

Pokémon: Shadow's Haze Version

Welcome to the Progressing Hacks Thread for the FireRed hack named Pokémon: Shadow's Haze. This hack wields a dark story based around the kidnapping of the player's father, and is the player's journey to rescue them, starting with a single partner but ending with many, in the brand new region of Erona. Whilst the story may seem cliché to some, we promise you - our hack is not.

Information.png
Pokémon Shadow's Haze Version is a hack of Pokémon FireRed.
It has been in work since the 2nd October 2009.

HackingTeam.png
bigfatgranny (Will) - Owner, Scripting, Music Editing
adamb241 (Adam) - Owner, Mapper
josh354 (Sully) - Scripter
06s23 (P) - Tile Maker, Tile Inserter, Tile Editor
patch. (Patch) - Spriter, Graphic Art, Thread Maker/CSS
NiKaNoRoU - Spriter, Overworld Editor
PkMn Trainer Yellow (Leviathan) - Mapper
StriK.eR (Dee) - Spriter, Graphic Art

Storyline.png
"Just about to turn 14, eh son," your father says to you one day. "Soon I'll give you your first Pokémon and you'll be on adventures that nobody has ever been on before!" Little did he know how true his words were.

As Mewtwo's location is resurfaced by the infamous Team Rocket in the remote region of Erona, Rocket Boss Giovanni will stop at nothing to re-capture his creation. However, unknown to Team Rocket, a new dark team named the Organization is rising up - and it seems Team Rocket have competition, as this new team attempts to capture Mewtwo and any other powerful Pokémon they can get their hands on. However, to settle any tensions, a shaky alliance is formed between the two teams.

However, when you receive a note tied to a Spearow and get your first Pokémon, a whole world of adventure is unlocked...

Travel through the entirely new region of Erona, battling through new landscapes, meeting new friends and foes, joining Trainer Guilds and completing Quests, battling the Erona Elite, a series of elite trainers, and try and save the land from the iron grip of the Team Rocket Organization. Can you live up to legend?

Features.png
In-depth dark storyline.
Brand new region, Erona, complete with it's own maps.
Starter is Scyther, which has a new third evolution.
Brand new in-game mini-games.
A few added Fakémon, including a new Scyther evo.
Diverse scripting.
Brand new trainer sprites and overworlds to go with them.
A whole new Trainers Guild feature, where the player can receive and complete quests.
From rocky ruins to dusty deserts, challenges and puzzles await the player throughout Erona.

Multimedia.png

[simple-spoil="the events in Shadow's Haze"]
route2.png
route1.png
hazeltown1.png
hazeltown.png
Maplegrove.png
House.png
Hiker.png
Granshouse.png
rockets3.png
rockets2.png
rockets.png
oldman.png
[/simple-spoil]

New screenshots coming soon!

Videos

None at the moment; expect some videos of the scripts to be up shortly!

Support.png
You can support Shadow's Haze in many ways, which are following:

Support Banners

Credit to Weight of the World.
Code:
[url*=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=196560][IMG]*http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/adamb241/shadowhaze.png[/IMG][/url]
[i]Remember to remove the *![/i]

Credit to patch.
Code:
[url*=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=196560][IMG*]http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp283/MasterSword395/Supporter.png[/IMG][/url]
[i]Remember to remove the *![/i]

Recruitment

Want to assist us in our hack? We are looking for the following positions:
Scripter - We have two good scripters on our team.
Mapper - We already have multiple mappers.
Spriter - We already have three good spriters.
Overworld (OW) Spriter - We have two at the moment, but a third would be acceptable.
Beta Tester - Yes, we're looking for these. Apply!
Inserter - We can insert, but we need people who can do it fast with all kinds of sprites (including OWs) and tiles.
Tile Maker - We have a great tile maker, but more would be acceptable.

If you see something you like and want to sign up, please use this form:
Username:
Hacking Skills: (include what job you would like)
Past Hacking Experience:
Hacking Examples:
Additional Information:

HackProgression.png

Progress

Key:
Example - Completed.
Example - In-progress.
Example - Not started.
---
Maple Grove
Route 1
Hazel Town
Route 2
Crystal Cavern

Windgrove City - Scripting Events
Dragon's Den Quests
Route 3

*Alpha 1 - 50% Complete
The alpha has been extended in order to include more content.

Bugs

Key:
Major (Un-fixable)
Major
Minor
Fixed
---
1. Running shoes aren't working.
2. Sycther Isn't Nick nameable
3. Text Errors/Grammatical Errors

Credits

Story Line Concepts - Adamb241; bigfatgranny
Maps - Adamb241
Scripts - josh354; bigfatgranny
Nintendo - Pokemon Fire Red Version
Tiles - 06s23; kyledove
Sprites - patch.; NiKaNoRoU
This Hack - Our Team, our viewers and our players. WE LOVE YOU
ALL! <3​

Downloads

Alpha 1 - 50% Complete; Estimated Release: Mid November

~The Shadow's Haze Team
Layout (C) patch. of PokéCommunity 2009. DO NOT STEAL!

patch.

listen what I say, oh
Years
I'm sorry, but the page is really stretchy and it bugs me...
The screens do look promising, however.

Don't see how the page is 'stretchy', but if you're referring to the layout I'll be fixing it up at some point. ^-^

Thanks for the comments.

Good, it's up.

No more stiff leaders for ju. =D
29qbpsp.png

It's better, but his left arm is still really stiff. D:

Thanks for the comments, guys. ^-^

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 10, 2022
Nice. I like it. Only thing I don't like is the player's character. A new sprite would be nice. The fire red and leaf green player sprites get old after a while.

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
Years
Nice. I like it. Only thing I don't like is the player's character. A new sprite would be nice. The fire red and leaf green player sprites get old after a while.

We currently have a new player sprite, we are going to insert this sprite soon hopefully. In other matters, there is a minor pallet error in some of the pictures mainly because I fixed them originally but we ended up using a different version of the ROM to actually hack, the tile errors will be fixed as soon as I'm assigned to do some more maps.

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
Years
This looks very good.
The scripts looks very nice.
Best of luck with this,

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
Yay! No more stiffness. I hope. =.='

2w30t5h.png

EDIT: Hiker OWs done.
2mzffxc.png

Last edited:

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
Years
Yay! No more stiffness. I hope. =.='

2w30t5h.png

EDIT: Hiker OWs done.
2mzffxc.png

Great job on those, can't wait to see the battle sprite. We are currently scripting the remaining section of Crystal Cavern, soon we will be moving on to Windgrove City, this will take a while so please be patient!

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2013
I personally would like to ask some questions, mainly about pokemon that should be in this hack, looks amazing by the way Scyther was always one of five favorites.

The most obvious few that I say make sure in the game are fairly simple, the legendaries, most of the good ones are already easy to implement in the game, Lugia, Ho-oh, the birds, the dogs, Mew, Mewtwo. I would like to put in a vote for a Shadow Lugia though.

Then there are the often overlooked ones that really should have been in the GBA games, Munchlax, the Johto Starts, the classic starters. I'm just saying the best ROM hacks are all inclusive, maybe throw the starters in as trade objects, stick munchlax in their somehow (replace one of those useless ones like Dunsparce) Also, Larvatar, such a bamf.

thanks for reading brah.

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
Years
I personally would like to ask some questions, mainly about pokemon that should be in this hack, looks amazing by the way Scyther was always one of five favorites.

The most obvious few that I say make sure in the game are fairly simple, the legendaries, most of the good ones are already easy to implement in the game, Lugia, Ho-oh, the birds, the dogs, Mew, Mewtwo. I would like to put in a vote for a Shadow Lugia though.

Then there are the often overlooked ones that really should have been in the GBA games, Munchlax, the Johto Starts, the classic starters. I'm just saying the best ROM hacks are all inclusive, maybe throw the starters in as trade objects, stick munchlax in their somehow (replace one of those useless ones like Dunsparce) Also, Larvatar, such a bamf.

thanks for reading brah.

Well you have quite an idea there my friends, and I really like it. We haven't really planned any of the legendaries yet since we are in the beginning stages of this hack. I will take all those into consideration when we finally get up to the point where we have to make that decision. We were planning to include some of the original starter pokemon from the start. You will have to wait and see how we impliment them,

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
Dumb me, I had finished the hiker sprite but forgot to post/upload.
2lw9h4x.png
(he's holding a burger on his right hand and a McDonald-lol- meal on his left. He has abandoned his hiking stick. That's what nowadays' hikers are)

Aberbecam

Banned
Years
Nice map,Nice pallet error,Nice tile error and Nice going ;) But isn't that Punk Rocker rom base you are using on this hack? You really need to credit him.

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
Years
Dumb me, I had finished the hiker sprite but forgot to post/upload.
2lw9h4x.png
(he's holding a burger on his right hand and a McDonald-lol- meal on his left. He has abandoned his hiking stick. That's what nowadays' hikers are)
Very nice job on this one, he doesn't have stiff ligaments either!
Nice map,Nice pallet error,Nice tile error and Nice going ;) But isn't that Punk Rocker rom base you are using on this hack? You really need to credit him.
The pallet error was fixed, it was very easy, the person who inserted the tiles screwed up a little. Also we aren't use a ROM base, we are using seperate tiles pulled from random sources as well as some customs.
Interesting Storyline... Average Tiles.
You should try and use some customs.
We are....our tile maker has some custom mountain pieces as well as some custom rocks, I believe the berry tree is also from scratch.
This seems to be good hack...
Why didn't I post here sooner? :D

The CSS is nice, but the tiles... I agree with Codec they are nice but they seem to look too FR-style
Thanks, we will work on trying to decrease that look, maybe some new tiles wold fix the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back