• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Fire Red Hack: Pokémon Eternal Sky

Should I change the starters to bird Pokemon?

• Yes, I should

Votes: 27 57.4%
  • No, I shouldn't

Votes: 20 42.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years

• I've finally got around to posting this, my new first hack! This is a hack of Pokémon Fire Red Version. Any and all comments are wanted and don't be afraid to be harsh, the criticism will be a big part of how it turns out. It will have a strong base to the Japanese language such as the city names, routes and region. So, enjoy!

Rom Base: Pok
    émon Fire Red (BPRE)
    Language: English (Japanese later)

The story so far…
    Spoiler:

Features:
    Spoiler:

Team involved: Firelordyago

Official Beta Tester(s):
    Minixfact

Programs Used:
    Spoiler:

Progress: (For Beta 1.1)
    Kumori Town: Complete
    Ame City: Complete
    Arashi City: In Progress
    Noumu City: Complete
    Hayashi Woods: In Pogress
    Route 1-2: Complete
    Route 3-6: In Progress

Note: The region of Aomori is taken from the northern prefecture of Aomori on the Japanese mainland of Honshu. However the weather and terrain is different and some cities are from those already in the prefecture.

Gym Leaders:
    Spoiler:

Elite Four:
    Spoiler:

So Professor Kaito brings you back to his lab to choose your Pokémon and you get this option:
    Spoiler:

Once you have gained your starter, you go on your journey (at the moment you need to get oaks parcel before progressing [will fix later])

Screen Shots (old) :
    Spoiler:

New Screenshots:
    Spoiler:

Bugs:
    None. At the moment.

Credits:
    To all those people who took the time to write up the tutorials that I followed, I would not have known how to do this without you. There were so many I cannot remember who wrote them but you have my gratitude.
    And also to Pokecommunity.com for hosting my thread.
    Not to mention Om3GA ARS3NAL for the CSS tutorial and xmouvelianx for giving me the help- thanks heaps!

-Firelordyago

Beta 1.1:
    coming.

Last edited:
    Years
  • This is good. Just a few things-
    Not tile error, more a tile misuse in the second-to-last screenshot. See the stairs on the mountain? There should only be stairs when the player moves up a mountain level. So basically it'd go stairs, "mountain ground", stairs, "mountain ground" etc.
    Hard to explain, but you might understand.
    Another thing, the starters, while interesting, don't form a full type-triangle. Each starter should be stronger than another, and weaker than another, but Flareon and Jolteon are neither weak nor strong against each other.
    Anyways.. Other than that, it seems pretty good. Keep it up!

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • yea, thanks for that, will fix the tiles up right away.
    I thought about that and people have said the whole triangle thing but I didnt really care about it, Flareon has big speed, Vaporeon big defence and Jolteon big speed, thats how i did it. But i am thinking of changing them to bird types to suit the title.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • Ok, I have tried and failed to make a title screen and support banner. If anyone has any ideas or can help me out it would be greatly appreciated XD. and you will be credited if i use it.

mahamaniac3

Owner of Pokemon Jett Version
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2015
    Ok, I have tried and failed to make a title screen and support banner. If anyone has any ideas or can help me out it would be greatly appreciated XD. and you will be credited if i use it.

Hi! Good hack! I have made titlescreens, but I can only change the Charizard to other Pokemon.

Good luck with the hack!

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • Hi! Good hack! I have made titlescreens, but I can only change the Charizard to other Pokemon.

Good luck with the hack!

hey thanks, I'll do my best. Yea, if you can make one for me please, it would be great. I was thinking of having flying legendaries in it.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • Ok, i have looked around and seen people doing this so I thought i mite give it a try:
    I am doing Gyms and have the Gym Leaders done so if you want to be a trainer in the gym, apply below:

Name:
    Pokemon:
    Type, eg;Bug Catcher:
    any other relevant info:

and ill put you in!

The Ominous Plains

I'll make Userbars for You!
    Years
  • hmm, i love eeveelutions and such, keep the starters.
    On to the form thing....
    Name: OminousPlains
    Pokemon:
    Flareon
    Umbreon
    Espeon
    Jolteon
    Vaporeon
    Salamance (just to liven it up abit)
    Type: Breeder
    any other relevant info:
    umm...just incase, due to the salamance thing i may have to be 7th/8th leader but if i t suites you better i'll drop salamance and replace it with eevee so i can be any gym (1st-8th)

Okay...now.... i can make userbars. :bandit:
    I can make you a couple. (just give me credit yeah?)

p.s. the hack is looking great for a first.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • um, sorry, the gym leaders have all been done, my friends got there first sorry! Im looking for the trainers in the gyms before the trainers.
    also, One of the Elite Four is the Eeveelution (I like the Eevee lines aswell).

Note to Others: Please make you Pokemon close to the Gym leaders type/style.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • ok thanks this looks good.
    however:
    The Hack is Pokemon: Eternal Sky (Version) ('The' needs to be omitted)
    And are you able to inser a flying pokemon? goes better with the title.
    But still it looks great!

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • I am terriable at making my mind up so here is the most possiable starters:
    Dratini
    Bagon
    Trapinch
    Horsea
    Yes, there are four so any help to get 3 would be appreciated.
    Also am still looking for a Title screen and support banner anyone?
    And I am still taking in trainer applications.

Chevalier

Réveiller
    Years
  • I'm glad to see people are actually thoroughly planning out hacks before they post them.

The storyline seems to start rather run-of-the-mill but it seems to branch out later on well.
    Maps look good and Cities look fine but keep in mind to not let the Cities get too square.

I look forward to see this progress!

SharpPoint

Suicune used Surf!
    Years
  • It looks good, but the thread design and mapping let it down.

It's not good if I can tell what city you edited. The only city I like is the last one, because it has originality in it. Routes were mapped nicely though, except for the spam of flowers and hedges.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • I'm glad to see people are actually thoroughly planning out hacks before they post them.

The storyline seems to start rather run-of-the-mill but it seems to branch out later on well.
    Maps look good and Cities look fine but keep in mind to not let the Cities get too square.

I look forward to see this progress!

Thanks.
    This is my first hack so im glad to hear that. Yea, i dont know much scripting so ive kept the start close to the games but will edit it later.

It looks good, but the thread design and mapping let it down.

It's not good if I can tell what city you edited. The only city I like is the last one, because it has originality in it. Routes were mapped nicely though, except for the spam of flowers and hedges.

Thanks again, what can i do to make the thread design better?
    The first two cities were me starting off mapping so they are kinda the same, the last one i completely wiped the map and started it from scratch. I will lessen up on the flowers and hedges a little.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • Thanks, im doing my best. XD
    By the way, i have fallen into the grasps of a soul silver nds rom on the computer and it mite be a little while till the next beta comes out. sorry for the inconvinience, soul silver is just soo good.

Years
  • You could make the starters Spearow, Hoothoot and Taillow, if you're set on having 3 bird-starters. I think almost anything is better than already-evolved Pokemon, to be honest. Just a suggestion:D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back