• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[MTG] U/W is all

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited:

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    OK, so...what is the point of Scute Mob, Convincing Mirage, and Spreading Seas?

-2 Scute Mob
    -2 White Knight
    -4 Convincing Mirage
    -2 Essence Scatter
    -2 Hindering Light
    -4 Spreading Seas

+1 Baneslayer Angel
    +3 Meddling Mage
    +4 Negate
    +4 Path to Exile
    +4 Day of Judgment

Meh. Plugging in what needs to be plugged in. :|

EDIT: Also, tag as U/W because it's blue/white. B is black.

Last edited:

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    Oh, sorry, again, new to MTG, so I forgot about black.

Added in all. Why do many Meddling Mages?

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    It shuts down many key cards; Noccy for Vampires, Maelstrom Pulse / Bloodbraid Elf for Jund aggro, etc. Plus it's a 2/2 for 2 CMC. Not a bad body considering its cost.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
    Mage is a 2-mana removal drawer usually, which lets your Walletslayers do their job more effectively. That being said, the build wants Jwar Jwar sphinx, not Walletslayers. The other 2-mana guy you should consider is Knight of the White Orchid (as in over meddling mage), but you need borderposts for that to be effective. FS in White orchid shuts down most of Jund's arsenal compared to mage, ironically.

Your current build wants to lose the hindering lights, since there just isn't much to target in the first place. You'd probably want something that can deal with BBE and Blightnings, as taking either to the dome would be devastating to the deck. My suggestion atm is flashfreeze. Most decks should be running red/green atm, so flashfreeze is probably your best call here.

Also, consider Jace and O-ring. O-ring costs 1 more, but answers to more problems than Journey to Nowhere.

Mind Spring should also be a 2-of in there somewhere. You need a hefty source of card advantage to win you through the late game, since Jund can pull a BBE right out of a topdeck ftw. Also consider Martial Coup as a 1- or 2-of if you want some late-game mass removal that also leaves you with a win-con.

Back