• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    Well sweeties, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars has been released in America. Has anybody picked it up or willing to get it? And for those outside of the US, are you planning to pick it up?

I'm going to get it since I've been a fan of the Capcom Vs. series.

The game looks fun and I like the art style of the game. However the controls for this game seem WAY too simplified.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    I'm definitely going to buy it after my birthday (which is when I get my Wii lol) when it hits the UK because it stars characters from Gatchaman, and I frickin' loved that show as a kid. Also, all of the magazines I've read have given it a good write-up, so woo! =)

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    I already have the Japanese one (TvC: Cross Generation of Heroes.) that came out in 2008. I'll probably get this one also.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jul 23, 2021
    Tatsunoko vs Capcom <33333

What are the differences between the US and the Japanese release ? (I only played the Japanese version)

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Will be definately getting it when I have the money. Haven't had a new Wii game in a while, and this looks like the thing to get me back on my Wii.

Dante's Inferno is getting priority though, sorry Capcom ♥

Taichi

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    Tatsunoko vs Capcom <33333

What are the differences between the US and the Japanese release ? (I only played the Japanese version)

The US version took out the genie from the Tatsunoko side, added Joe the Condor, Yatterman-2 on the Tatsunoko side. And they added Zero and Frank West on the Capcom side. And I believe this new one has online function now.

Zippie

Bingo!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2010
    The US version took out the genie from the Tatsunoko side, added Joe the Condor, Yatterman-2 on the Tatsunoko side. And they added Zero and Frank West on the Capcom side. And I believe this new one has online function now.

Not only that, they took out nearly all the minigames and theme songs of each character while remaking the intro in the US version.

https://151chan.org/flute/res/3805.html <-- Their theme songs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHieD8iQJs8 <-- Original Japanese opening
    ^-- These two things, along with the minigames and Daimao are all gone from the US version.

Taichi

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    I like the US theme. It's better than what I expected. It kind of reminds me of MvC2 and a bit of Street Fighter Third Strike. lol

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    I noticed the references to the Marvel vs Capcom 1 opening in Tatsunoko vs Capcom's North American opening as well. I also noticed a reference to the ADV films dub of the Gatchaman '94 OVA. Jun calls someone (Viewtiful Joe, I think) more annoying then Jimmy, which was the dub's name for her adopted brother Jinpei.

Oh, and why is it that everyone seems to have forgotten that they added in 3 Tatsunoko characters. Along with Joe the Condor and Yatterman-2, they also added in Tekkaman Blade, not to be confused with the original Tekkaman. Yatterman-2 was added in last to replace Hakushon Daimaō, so that there would still be an even number of Tatsunoko & Capcom characters after the additions of Tekkaman Blade, Frank West, Joe the Condor, & Zero.

So, who does everyone main?
    I usually main Jun the Swan (in color 4, black with red), with her partner being either Chun-Li (black), Zero (color 4, NightShade), Morrigan (color 4, Lilith Style), or Roll (black dress).

Zippie

Bingo!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2010
    Jun the Swan, Ken the Eagle and Casshern. I'm trying to use Yatterman-1 and fail at him, along with Frank West.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    I'm getting pretty good with Yatterman-2 at least.

Oh, and they do have the original opening movie, its just titled "Extra Movie" and it features no changes, not even to the logo.

Taichi

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    In the Japanese one, I main Tekkaman and Karas.
    In the US one, I possibly main either
    1)Both Tekkamen
    2)Tekkaman and Karas
    3)Zero and Karas
    4)Karas and TKBlade
    5)Zero and Tekkaman

Back