• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Failed Submarine Log

ChrisTom

With all regards,
Years
  • This story takes place in the not too distant future. After diving in the "Hades" Submarine, John uses his voice recognition software to create a log of events. Little does he know everything is about to go horrible wrong.

If you guys don't get the end parts, keep in mind that the computer is recording everything it is hearing and putting them into words. I hope you guys like my first non-Pokemon Fanfic! I did this for homeschool. Enjoy!

This is the log of a voice recognition computer found on the beach of Yap in 2014. The Laptop was in bad condition, and was covered in barnacles. Luckily the person who found it was experienced with computers and was able to implant the hard drive into another computer. These are the logs that followed;

automatic voice recognition log...

2011 oct.12 6:12 p.m.
    lat. 20 long. 150

transmission A

We are now approaching the deepest point in the world! The Mariana trench! The Challenger 2 hardly scratched the surface! With "Hades" (or the Hydraulic Automatic Depth Entrance System) I will be able to dive up to 38000 feet. Long has man wanted to see in full his world and now I get to find the last thing unexplored. My crew also consists of an oceanographer who goes by Jim and a marine biologist whose name is Mark. Tomorrow at 11
    a.m. we embark on a journey into the abyss.

-end transmission A

2011 oct.13 12:37 p.m.
    lat. 15 long. 120

transmission B

We have departed with better luck than expected. The "Hades" had enough room for another oxygen tank and a third species containment center. We have a mechanism that can allow us to obtain species of benthos and observe them onboard. It has been about an hour and a half since departure and we have found a copepod already! Let's hope for more in a bit.

- end transmission B

2011 oct.13 5:24 p.m.
    lat.16 long. 118

transmission C

Our Sub has gone down 5000 feet at this point. The wet subs will be useless, but we still have the crane. Until now, I didn't realize how small our sleeping quarters were! But the sub was loosely modeled after the Sealab projects, so what it lacks in bed size, it makes up for in overall size. We've seen very few new species, but we've took in an Anglerfish earlier. This is my last transmission of the day.

- end transmission C

2011 oct.14 11:28 a.m.
    Lat.15 Long.118

transmission D

We have now passed the area the Challenger Deep went! They claimed that the trench was only 11000 meters deep, but we are now past it and still sinking to the bottom! I've got word that we have found a new species of luminescent Shrimp! It is about 3 inches long with several tentacles. Mark claims it has a jet propulsion system like a squid, but it is clearly a crustacean! Things are turning out much better than planned. We are now entering an area filled with Benthos. One of the most amazing things about the ocean floor is the fact that we have always thought that life needs the sun. But here creatures thrive without any sunlight!

- end transmission D

2011 oct.15 3:31 p.m.
    Lat. 14 Long. 119

transmission E

We are now coming across several glowing orbs across the side of a crag. They seem to be volcanic vents from far away, but they are several bright red glowing fish! We've taken some in for examination. Mark is incredibly excited at this find. Jim on the other hand was disappointed that they weren't volcanic vents. The fish are about 1 foot long and lack advanced eyes. This is a perfect example of natural camouflage. Even without any plants these animals can still hide. We think that these red fish live in colonies, that way they look like giant volcanic vents. Yesterday at around 4:00, we came across another new creature that seemed to be a glowing jellyfish with plating on its sides. It is about 3 feet tall and the plates are a dull brown color. The actual jelly fish glows while the plates do not, giving it a pretty pattern. We've dubbed this the "Jelly turtle" and Mark believes that it is an archaic species.

- end transmission E

2011 oct.16 12:39 p.m.
    Lat.15 Long.120

transmission F

We're coming across interesting creatures now. About 6 hours ago, we were all awoken by something passing by the ship with a thud. Jim looked at it and immediately recognized it as Silurian Fish. These creatures have thought to be extinct for the past 416 Million years! We took one in and it was very large. About 5 feet, 9 inches. What makes these unique is a large plate on their head, making them look more like crustaceans. This one was obviously carnivorous, and sadly we couldn't fit it in one of the tanks, so we had to kill it. It seemed as if it were part shark, part horseshoe crab. He must be the dominant species in this habitat.

- end transmission F

2011 oct.17 4:21 p.m.
    Lat.15 Long.120

transmission G

We are now 20000 meters below the surface. Migraines are becoming more frequent but, it is supposed to wear off after a while. We've come across a few more packs of interesting fish, all of which seem to be Silurian. Today we've got out biggest find yet! It seems to be an interesting species of whale, but it would be impossible given our current depth. It is about 4 feet long and has a bud on its tail, which it can freely open. When the bud opens it shows a bright light. We believe this is used for mating purposes. It also has large forearms and very small stubby fins on its backside. This makes us believe it is a predecessor to land invertebrates. Most interesting of its features is the eyes, which are a solid black color. When we brought it in, it was able to breath the air! This is an amazing find. Perhaps the lungs are merely vestigial, but they still work! It seems to be intelligent too. We are nicknaming him "Apefish" due to his long arms and curious nature. We will keep him under close examination.

- end transmission G

2011 oct.18 1:19 p.m.
    Lat.16 Long.121

transmission H

I am told by the head of the project that we need to go up now. The ascent will be much quicker after dropping the ballast. We are worried about what effect the decompression will have on the animals. Mark says that Coelacanth live at the ocean bottom but are fine on the surface. I am not so sure about the Apefish, who seems to be trying to get out of his tank. He is by far the best find. He shows that even in a world where adaptation is necessary, animals can keep there original form. This is also evidenced by the Silurian Fish, who have stayed the same way these many years. Hades is going up right now and Jim thinks we should be able to reach the surface by tomorrow morning.

- end transmission H

2011 oct.19 6:30 a.m.
    Lat.15 Long.120

transmission I

We are currently 5000 meters away from the surface. The journey has been very eventful, and it seems that most of the animals are fine with the decompression. So far we John come with me we have a problem with Apefish. What is it? Well he went to-

- end transmission I

2011 oct.19 7:23 a.m.
    Lat. 15 Long.120

transmission J

Ok well Apefish isn't taking well to the decompression. It seems to have some effect on his lungs and move, MOVE! We are trying to call somebody from the surface, but there's not much you can do when you're 10 miles underwater. The fish is not very happy and seems to be struggling and violently spasming. GET IT AWAY FROM THE MAINTENENCE! We are still Stop recording for god's sake! This isn't going to help us! Jim I've got to. JUST TURN IT OFF!

- end transmission J

2011 oct.19 7:49 a.m.
    Lat. #@ Long.120

transmission K

I don't know if the computer is broken or not, but the Apefish smacked it across the room. Alright so if you try and catch one of these do not bring it to the surface! At least try and have some protective cage. The Apefish is very hostile when brought up. It smashed the other tanks and now it is running around and, oh my GOD NO! GOD NO!!

- end transmission K

end of all transmissions. Log complete.

Let me know what you guys think!!

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
  • Wow, this fanfic is getting more feed back than the other one I did. I wish more people would try and read the other one "I am Larvitar" I haven't had much feedback from my fanfics lately, and most people put a sentence at the most...

*sigh*

Oh, well. You've got to do with what you got.

Back