• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon AS&PW

Valora17

Something Memorable?
Years
  • Pokemon Abysmal Summer and Primordial Winter

Made with: RPG Maker XP

Introduction:
    Hi. I'm Valora17 (Val) and this is my project thread for Pokemon AS&PW. I started this project in February of 2010 after a freind introduced me to the RMXP Program and I started experimenting with it. That said, I'm currently working on my fan game which takes place in the Thespi Region (fan-made, of course). I don't have MUCH experience with RMXP, but I do have experience with pokemon so I'm hoping to follow the storyline we all know and love as well as possible. :)

The Thespi Region
    ThespiWurld.png

This is a map of the Thespi Region, it is currently WRONG because it only has 8 red dots when it should have nine (I count one for the starting town as well). Regardless, this is the basic outline of the region with many more areas to discover outside of it after you defeat the Elite 4 (main storyline).

The Legend of the PokeGods
    "Millenia ago the land was forged by the PokeGods of Snow and Heat as a means to demonstrate their power and unity as equal forces. Once the land began to thrive by their strength, the beings of the land --Pokemon and Human alike-- prayed to the PokeGods as a means to keep them happy until the day that they placed themselves into a deep slumber from which they would not awake for several million years. The people of the land then learned to keep it alive on their own without the power of the Gods, and therefore the Gods sent a messenger to notify the people that they would only awaken if the land found itself in distress. It is said that the PokeGods are not only the two, but many who protect the land and rest dormant until needed; however, only the PokeGods of Snow and Heat alone would be able to bring protection to the land they formed when they awaken."

Storyline/Plot
    Since ancient times the legend of the PokeGods has been passed down through generations as a historical lesson to the youth of the Thespi Region. It is used as a guide to ensure that the young men and women of the region always respect what they have been given, and praise the PokeGods for what they have done for them. Now is the time that the legend foretold, a time in which the land has reached great, uncontrolled, distress that can only be solved by the PokeGods of Heat and Snow.

The climate around the Thespi Region has begun to shift tremendously from day-to-day. The skies will one day bring forth unbearable heatwaves, and the next day will declare incredible drafts of cold. This became a subject of grand interest among scientists and researches across the region, going through books and experiments left and right. Research, however, has lead to the ancient texts of the Legend of the PokeGods which is kept in the Ruins of Tempus. It has been discovered that the legend has been told wrong for centuries and truly reads:

"Millenia ago the land was forged through war of the PokeGods of Snow and Heat; the demonstration of their struggle to determine the stronger beast. When the land was formed the ancient islanders enchanted the beasts into a deep slumber which would suppress them for centuries. The enchantment would one day break and the PokeGods would awaken and bring distress to the land until it would not experience trouble again, for it would cease to exist."

As soon as these climate changes began to happen, two secret organizations arose from the shadows, calling themselves "Forever Autumn" and "Forgotten Spring." The goals of each is unknown, but it is believed that they knew of this mistaken legend and plan to suppress the power of the PokeGods, and use them for their own needs. With these two events in hand, the knowledge of each was let out publicly to the men and women of Thespi.

Today is the day that this discovery was released to the public, today is the day that the public learns of "Forever Autumn" and "Forgotten Spring," and today is the also day of your sixteenth birthday, the day you are officially able to acquire your license as a pokemon trainer. The question is, would you sit back and watch as the world around you was consumed by Heat and Snow? Or would you take a stand and find a way to save your home?

Features
    150 *BRAND NEW* Fakemon
    New starter trio! (Steel > Ice > Ground > Steel)
    New region to explore
    Other stuff that I can't think of at the moment

Images

Characters
    Spoiler:

Fakemon
    Spoiler:

Badges
    (I will upload these when I find my Flashdrive >>; )

Screenshots
    Spoiler:

Credits:
    Thanks to TheDeadHeroAlister and One-Who-Never-Was of DeviantArt for the tiles.
    Poccil's Pokemon Essentials starter kit

Help & Support:
    (Currently I have no userbar or signature things. If you want to make some, be my guest :))
    Want to help? Well, I'm currently looking for:
    - Trainer Spriters - I can't sprite trainers to save my life if they're tiny. :/
    - Interface Spriters - I'm in need of custom interfaces
    - Scripters - To help with the scripting :)
    - Idealists - To help with ideas and what-not.

If you're interested in helping, please REPLY here or PM me. :)

Last edited:

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
  • That's a pretty decent storyline you got there, wish I could see some screenshots though, ;)

Oh, and why didn't you just wait until you got 15 posts to start the thread.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Oh, and why didn't you just wait until you got 15 posts to start the thread.

I say this all the time, and I'm curious why dont you create just one game, it is a huge task to do that, so why even try two, seeing your new to the forums and the SDK, unless im mistaken.
    On another note you have something here, I like the idea dont give up.

Valora17

Something Memorable?
    Years
  • Thanks both of you for the comments, and honestly I'm just working on one and then I'll edit it to create the second >>; I just like to keep things in twos for personal reasons. Also, I didn't ACTUALLY realize how many posts I had when I created the topic, I just kinda made it and realized I was nowhere NEAR fifteen yet.

Thank you both for the comments though :)

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2010
    I'd rather have some screenshots to judge, but that storyline you have there is really decent!
    You just started with RMXP, dont you think that making a game ánd 150 FakeMon is a bit tó mutch? ^,^

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
  • I'd rather have some screenshots to judge, but that storyline you have there is really decent!
    You just started with RMXP, dont you think that making a game ánd 150 FakeMon is a bit tó mutch? ^,^
    To be fair, being able to use RMXP is completely unrelated to being able to invent fakemon. It's easy to program in new Pokémon (couple of sprites, icon, pokemon.txt, done).

Valora17

Something Memorable?
    Years
  • I'd rather have some screenshots to judge, but that storyline you have there is really decent!

Thank You :) >> Though, I think I may rename them as being "PokeGods" since a lot of people elsewhere keep thinking I'm referencing Pikablu and what-not from the original Pokemon Games.

And the fakemon wont be a problem, I've sprited for a LOOONG time and used to run an RPG board which only had fakemon so I can manage their information with ease :) Plus, it'll be fun.

To be fair, being able to use RMXP is completely unrelated to being able to invent fakemon. It's easy to program in new Pokémon (couple of sprites, icon, pokemon.txt, done).

Yeah :) What he (I'm sorry if I offended you >_<) said :)

KingCharizard

Years
  • Thank You :) >> Though, I think I may rename them as being "PokeGods" since a lot of people elsewhere keep thinking I'm referencing Pikablu and what-not from the original Pokemon Games.

And the fakemon wont be a problem, I've sprited for a LOOONG time and used to run an RPG board which only had fakemon so I can manage their information with ease :) Plus, it'll be fun.

Yeah :) What he (I'm sorry if I offended you >_<) said :)

Post a few more posts, and put screens up you'll get some more replies, untill you do I wont tell you what I think of your IDEA.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2010
    Wow, King Charizard seems like he just wants to see some pictures. Maybe he is of the younger society =)

Valora17

Something Memorable?
    Years
  • Please, don't get off topic -_- I wasn't going to comment on that so please just leave it at that.

BAM! Fifteen (now 16) posts and the images are up. ^^

Last edited:

Maruno

Years
  • I'm very impressed with the idea of having to find your starter, rather than being directly shown the ones to choose from (even though it's not much of a search). Perhaps you could throw one or two empty Poké Balls in there too (which you may or may not allow to be picked up).

The maps look fairly simplistic, but that's not a bad thing. You should set the bush tag for the long grass, so that you'll stand in it rather than on it. And you might want to up the contrast of the tiles a bit, to make then brighter. I also like the lopsided item ball in the last screenshot - I appreciate the little quirks, perhaps more so than the bigger things.

I'm actually really interested in this game, and that doesn't happen often. I look forward to seeing how it develops.

KingCharizard

Years
  • I'm very impressed with the idea of having to find your starter, rather than being directly shown the ones to choose from (even though it's not much of a search). Perhaps you could throw one or two empty Poké Balls in there too (which you may or may not allow to be picked up).

The maps look fairly simplistic, but that's not a bad thing. You should set the bush tag for the long grass, so that you'll stand in it rather than on it. And you might want to up the contrast of the tiles a bit, to make then brighter. I also like the lopsided item ball in the last screenshot - I appreciate the little quirks, perhaps more so than the bigger things.

I'm actually really interested in this game, and that doesn't happen often. I look forward to seeing how it develops.

I agree with everything maruno said. I also think the pokemon search should be more like a scavanger hunt. I like your outdoor tiles, but I think your indoor tiles could use some work. Other than that not bad... keep at it.

Valora17

Something Memorable?
    Years

:) That's a good idea actually. I was considering making the balls be placed elsewhere in the lab and making it bigger, but I like the idea of adding miscellaneous ones here and there. :) I'll try it.

>> Tags confuse me, they really do. And the tiles were made by a friend of mine and a member on DeviantArt, I only edited the ones I was given to make them longer. Other than that, I have almost NO tiling knowledge >>; But I'll suggest it to my friend :) And you just reminded me that I need to add in my pokeball images.

Success :] I aim to please.

I agree with everything maruno said. I also think the pokemon search should be more like a scavanger hunt. I like your outdoor tiles, but I think your indoor tiles could use some work. Other than that not bad... keep at it.

Hmm... scavenger hunt in which way? If you wouldn't mind elaborating. Also, thank you ^^ My friend made them for me.

KingCharizard

Years
  • :) That's a good idea actually. I was considering making the balls be placed elsewhere in the lab and making it bigger, but I like the idea of adding miscellaneous ones here and there. :) I'll try it.

>> Tags confuse me, they really do. And the tiles were made by a friend of mine and a member on DeviantArt, I only edited the ones I was given to make them longer. Other than that, I have almost NO tiling knowledge >>; But I'll suggest it to my friend :) And you just reminded me that I need to add in my pokeball images.

Success :] I aim to please.

Hmm... scavenger hunt in which way? If you wouldn't mind elaborating. Also, thank you ^^ My friend made them for me.

Well I dunno, make the lab bigger, add more things make it harder to find the pokeballs...

Valora17

Something Memorable?
    Years
  • Alright, so since I realized that the lab tile I'm using actually has story, I made two more stories where the pokemon can be in :) I also made a new tile (My first self-made tile 8D) for when you open a pokeball that doesn't contain a pokemon. :) I'll put up screenshots tomorrow once I figure out what I want the pokeballs to do >>;

Maruno

Years
  • Oh, don't go overboard with the "finding your starter" thing. Keep it all in the same room, maybe have one of the Balls in a closed but conspicuous box (use the box to open it and reveal the Ball) and the other two visible (on a shelf/desk). Keep it simple.

You could have a few empty Poké Balls lying around which you pick up (and can then use to capture other Pokémon) - perhaps do this instead of having an aide give you a bunch of Poké Balls as you leave. If you don't want to do this, though, just have the player say "I'm only here for a Pokémon, I'd better not take anything else".

Valora17

Something Memorable?
    Years
  • Meh, I forgot I needed to have an aid somewhere so I'm going to place them on the two stories above and hide two of the pokeballs (In a glass closet thing and on a box) back on the first floor. :]

I also uploaded my pokeball sprites (which is what I was reminded of earlier) which I made MONTHS ago >>;

KingCharizard

Years
  • Meh, I forgot I needed to have an aid somewhere so I'm going to place them on the two stories above and hide two of the pokeballs (In a glass closet thing and on a box) back on the first floor. :]

I also uploaded my pokeball sprites (which is what I was reminded of earlier) which I made MONTHS ago >>;

There is no rule that says you have to have an aide.

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
    Years
  • This looks cool, I like your fakemon :) The heroes look pretty cool too, but their clothes look a bit plain.

Valora17

Something Memorable?
    Years
  • I'm not a huge fan of being Over the top >>; I kinda liked their clothing personally, but if enough people say they look plain or that they don't like 'em, I'll happily change 'em :)

Back