• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Whitney's Young Trainer Academy OOC (PG-14)

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
Years
  • WHITNEY'S SUPEREST, COOLEST, AWESOMEST YOUNG TRAINER ACADEMY.
    (hold on tight...it's gonna be a wild ride)

(SUs are currently CLOSED)

Main thread is here

Trainers:
    Bianca
    Spoiler:

Alecia
    Spoiler:

Kaya
    Spoiler:

Kosh
    Spoiler:

Stella
    Spoiler:

Sarah
    Spoiler:

Joe
    Spoiler:

James
    Spoiler:

Darin
    Spoiler:

Caleb
    Spoiler:

Missions:
    * 0 completed

Prizes:
    * 0 awarded

Last edited:

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
  • Alright, here ya go, RP Sample and all. I just wanted to say that as to Question 5, I am sorry if that confused you. My Fanon is that I believe the Pokemon World is essentially the human world but with the unnamed Pokemon nation in Japan's place. Anyways, here we go:

* Name: Thomas Fernto Mamoru: Tom
    * Personality: Thomas is a bit odd. Bold is the better word. He is very outgoing and is willing to do extravagant things to make a point. He is an excellent debater and can reason easily with people. He is very easy to talk to and will talk about almost anything, even awkward things. Tom is very nice in the fact that whenever he sees somebody with a problem he tries to help them, whether it be opening a door or helping them with a social issue. Because of this Thomas is often taken advantage of, but he doesn't mind. Tom can easily repair machinery such as computers, engines, and televisions. Tom's hobbies include running, playing video games (who doesn't enjoy that?), writing, and reading. His favorite peice of literature is "The Hunting of the Snark" by Lewis Carroll.
    * Appearance: LINK: http://selvix.deviantart.com/art/Pok...r-Gad-76049014
    * History: Tom was born in a small mountain village a few miles north of Mt. Silver. The only things in the community besides a few cottages were the Grocery Store, the School, and the Library. His town wasn't really named, it was just a place hikers passed through every once in a while. His parents had to move when he was 6 to Goldenrod. The reason being was that his father had just got a job at Goldenrod City as a Electrician. Tom was around electronics most of his life and at the age of 9 he could tear down and reassemble a computer. At 10 Tom decided he wanted a Pokemon. His father agreed but Tom would have to catch and take care of it. Thomas's Father had kept a Rotom with him his entire life who helped with his job. This was the reason Tom wanted a Pokemon after seeing his father's bond with Rotom. So with some money his dad gave him he bought a few Pokeballs he walked down to Route 34 to search. After several failed attempts of trying to catch Pidgey and Ditto, Tom saw a small strange rock over in the thicket. Only it wasn't a rock, it was an egg. It's smooth shell felt like leather and was a pastel white with red speckles. Thomas decided to hatch this egg. It was much easier to catch anyways. A few months later the egg hatched into a newborn Charmander. Thomas and his parents were confused. Charmanders weren't around in their neck of the woods, so it was nearly impossible to find a Charmander egg. Tom was happy anyways, and so was the little creature. Unbeknownst to Thomas, the egg was from a daycare. After being laid by his parents, the egg rolled away when a Pidgeot attacked them. Thomas kept his part time job as an Electrician's Aid (He helped his father) and often brought Charmander with him. At the age of 14, Thomas saw a crowd forming around the Local gym. The rest is history.
    * Pokemon:

Charmander

LVL 10 (I chose ten because it means Tom did a little training with him, but didn't go overboard)
    Male
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Blaze

Moveset:
    Growl
    Scratch
    Ember
    Heatwave (Will only use in Emergencies or when extremely angry. Doesn't usually use it in battle)

Charmander is fun loving but philosophical. He will often just stare into empty space. Charmander loves Tom, and tries to spend as much time as possible with him. He often tries to walk into the bathroom with Thomas because he can't stand being apart. He enjoys clinging to Tom's leg as a security blanket. Tom doesn't mind, but it is annoying at times. Charmander will often show affection to people Tom shows affection to, but when meeting somebody for the first time he will become a bit shy. Charmander enjoys eating Potato Chips and his favorite game to play with Tom is Hide and Seek. Tom enjoys having Charmander sleep in bed with him because his tail acts as a nightlight.

* RP Sample: Alrighty, here we go!

They entered the Auditorium. It was dimly lit, but Charmander's tail could let Tom make out the Pokeball symbol etched across the linoleum floor. It was a small battle stage. A benches wrapped around the field ensuring that everbody got an equal view. The lights suddenly came on in the miniature Colloseum. Charmander yelped with surprise and clung to Tom. On the opposite side of the gym was a young trainer, maybe 10.

Whitney sat in the chairs above watching them duel. She raised a red flag.

"GO!" Whitney yelled enthusiastically.

Tom sent Charmander forth as the trainer grabbed his Pokeball and sent out a Rattata. Before Charmander could even comprehend what was going on the Rattata rushed at him with blinding speed. Charmander fell to the ground confused.

"Come on Charmander! Fight him!"

Charmander finally was able to shake himself out of the daze. It was just things were going too fast! The Rattata rushed towards Charmander, only to be narrowly avoided. "Char!" he yelled as he breathed a small spurt of fire out of his mouth. The Rattata fell on the floor but quickly got up. It's mouth opened wide towards Charmander.

"Ra!" it's teeth started to glow.

"Ta!"

"Look out!" Tom cried.

Charmander gave a look towards the Rattata and started to growl.

"TA!" The Rattata screamed and rushed towards Charmander. Charmander ran straight towards Rattata as well, claws outstretched. The small purple Pokemon sank it's fangs into Charmander, while Charmander slashed it with it's claws. They finally pulled apart from each other. Charmander struggled to get off of the ground. The Rattata spun around a few times before finally fainting.

Tom ran over to his bruised friend and fed him a quickly fed him a potion. The creature returned back to normal.

"Yes! I won!"

"Not yet..."

The Trainer sent out a Geodude. "GEO!!"

"Ah Crap. Charmander let's just forfit." Charmander was still tenacious and decided to fight, despite Tom's protests. The Geodude curled up tightly as Charmander scratched at it. A chip or two of it's rocky body fell off with the scratch. Geodude rolled up tighter and tighter. Charmander continued to scratch at it here and there, doing hardly any damage. The Geodude who was tightly curled up, rolled. It rolled around the court, faster and faster.

Whitney smiled in delight because this was incidently her favorite move. Rollout. The Geodude went faster and faster and then came hurling towards Charmander at a massive speed. POW!! Charmander was knocked out before you could say "Look down below". Tom had no choice but to return Charmander.

* Password: Junior/Nidoran

Last edited:

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
    Years
  • @ChrisTom: nice app :) one thing though, would you be able to do a new RP sample, one where Tom and Charmander battle someone in Whitney's competition? Really, that part of the SU is for showing off your character's battling skills as well as your RPing skills, so I would super appreciate it if you could write a new one.

King!

better
    Years
  • :3 Hullo~
    I'm interested in this RP. But I was wondering if he absolutely had to write out a new RP Sample, or if we could copy-paste one from an old RP. I'm guessing it's the former buuuut...

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
    Years
  • @King!: well...the RP sample is important in showing how your trainer and their pokemon battle - whether they use strategy, rely on dumb luck, are super enthusiastic, if they work as a team or have issues, etc. so really it's better to write a whole new one, unless somehow you already have one of that trainer and their pokemon engaged in a battle.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
  • Oh. Sorry! I'll be sure to change it right away. Here's another question:

How old is Whitney? What's her overall backstory? In the games we aren't told how she became a gym leader (My assumption is that her parents are rich and they bought the gym for her), so what is your idea on how that came to be?

Thank you again!

Ponee

You light up my world ♥
    Years
    • (:
    • Seen Apr 21, 2015
    * Name: Mimi Nova
    * Personality: Mimi is a full blooded Pokemon Lover. She loves battling and just hanging around pokemon. She is not much of a people-person though. She dislikes little children and doesn't really talk to people her age, she would rather play with her pokemon instead. She is not very mean to people but she's not exactly one of the nicest girls around. Mimi is a pretty smart girl, she maintains an A average and rarely missed a day at school.
    * Appearance: Mimi is a little less than thin. She just doesn't eat alot. A small sub and water fills her up for at least half a day. She stands at about 4'9 and weighs 90lbs. She tans a little to easily in the summer but by the fall she is back to her pale self. She has stubby legs and long bony arms, she has always disliked that about her. She has large green eyes and long lashes. Her nose is pretty small but she has a small bump right in the middle from were she was attacked by a Cubone's bone. She also has very thin pale, thin lips. She never pulls her sleek black hair back she just leaves it flowing down her back.
    Mimi never wears makeup.It's gross and feels funny after you sweat. She has an acne free face.
    Mimi doesn't care much about her appearance. You will usually see her in a pair of black sweat pants with large pockets hanging down the side and an over sized white tee. But when she needs to go meet someone she usually wears a pair of dark denim jeans that fit snuck right around her waist and begin to flare out at the end and a plain colored short sleeve shirt. She usually pairs everything up with her black high-top Converse.
    No matter what she wears you will always see a small yellow beaded necklace around her neck. Her older sister gave her the necklace before she went on her journey. It was a good luck charm.

* History: Mimi was born on August 3, 1996. She has one older sister named Valerie CasaNova who is pretty decent Cordinator. Mimi and Valerie are very close. He mother, Lisa CasaNova worked at the Pokemart and her father, Jon CasaNova was a retired pokemon Trainer. Jon then decided to use his knowledge of Pokemon to make a Day Care center. He built it on an Island right across from Kanto and the whole family moved there. The Day Care started growing rapidly and soon everyone in the family needed to spend a lot of time on the center. Mimi didn't mind it even though that meant she wouldn't be able to go to school and make friends. But, it gave her time to go play with the Pokemon.
    When Mimi was around the age of 5 she was given one of the eggs that was produced on the Center. Her dad told her she could keep the Pokemon that hatches out of it only if she promised to keep care of the egg. Mimi agreed and took on the challenge. She spent numerous hours keeping the egg clean, warming the egg, and just talking to the egg. One day it began to crack, the first thing Mimi did was cry, she thought the egg had broke. Her dad just laughed and showed her that it was hatching. A small pokemon that looked like a walking power plug hopped out of the egg. Mimi ran over and gave it a big bear hug.
    Mimi spent her first few years just talking to Zappy, but, when she was 10 she decided to start training Zappy. Everything seemed to come naturally to the Elekid, he would obey every single order Mimi threw to him. He knew the difference between a battle and just hanging out and he would never attack unless Mimi said it was okay. They did a few small battles with a few of the Day care pokemon but decided to quit once an angry Cubone through his bone.....at Mimi's face.
    Mimi decided to start her Journey at the age of 13. Her parents were proud of her. As a goodbye gift she received five Pokeballs, a Pokedex, and a good luck necklace from her beloved sister.
    * Pokemon:

Species: Elekid
    Name: Zappy
    Level: 10
    Ability: Static
    Moves: Leer, Thundershock, Low Kick, Quick Attack
    Personality: Zappy is very laid back, He enjoys sitting under a tree and sleeping. He is very loyal and very rarely disobeys Mimi.
    * RP Sample:
    A small breezed rolled through the air causing the trees to rattle.. Two trainers stood on Opposite sides of a grassy area, each one held a Pokeball. It obviously was a Pokemon battle.
    "Make your move." A tubby, roughed up boy spat. He seemed about the same age as Mimi and looked disgusting. His hair was greasy, he had dirt between his nails....and what was that green thing on his tooth?!
    Mimi smiled as she tossed the pokeball up to reveal an Elekid. The electric pokemon stood tall with his hands on his hips.
    The boy smirked and threw is pokeball up as well. A small Mushroom pokemon appeared.
    "Run towards it!" Mimi pointed to the Paras. Zappy charged towards the small insect, sparks shooting around his body.
    "Scratch!" The boy demanded.
    Both pokemon ran head on.
    "Stop." Mimi calmly said. The Elekid skidded to a stop. "Leer." Elekid's eyes began to glow red. The Paras could help but to stare into them. Then a large "Pop!" echoed through the plains and the Elekid's eyes began to change into a blinding white light. The Paras wound up into fetal position and began to rock back and forth. "Thundershock." Mimi smirked. Elekid began charging up.
    "Move!" The boy cried but it was too late Elekid had shocked Paras.
    "It's not over yet!" The boy smiled. "Paras Leech life!" With all its might the puny little Mushroom got to it's feet and sucked a few bits of energy out of the Elekid.
    Mimi just smiled.
    "Why are you smiling!?" The boy growled.
    Mimi just looked at him and didn't say a word. She had been waiting for the Paras to get back up because two things were most likely going to happen. 1. It would be paralyzed and wont be able to move. 2 She was gonna kick the snot out of it.
    "Low kick!"
    "Dodge it!" But it was no use, the Paras could not move. "Why can't you move!" The boy shrieked.
    Mimi looked up at the boy. "Can you not tell it is paralyzed?" She rolled her eyes.
    Elekid swung his leg back and kicked the defenseless pokemon. The Paras cried in pain as he flew into his trainer causing him to fall to the ground.
    Mimi bent down to her knees and picked up her little champion. "You did so good!" She praised squeezing Zappy. He just smiled and enjoyed the hug.
    The chunky boy wiped his tears away and recalled Paras. He then shot Mimi an evil glare and said "This is not the last of me." He growled to her before he began jogging away.
    Mimi giggled. "Don't worry he is not a good Trainer, there is no way his Pokemon will be as strong as us!"
    A small flyer fell to Mimi's feet. She looked around and then picked up the paper. "WHITNEY'S SUPEREST, COOLEST, AWESOMEST YOUNG TRAINER ACADEMY. (hold on tight...it's gonna be a wild ride)" She turned to Elekid and nodded to him.
    * Password: Junior Nidoran
    OOC:
    I hope it is good (:

Last edited:

Tuxedo Clank

So laid back he is horizontal
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2012
    I am supposing it would be too much to ask to be allowed a Riolu right? Even with a backstory? I'll have the SU completed soon, with a spare incase the answer to the above is a No.

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
    Years
  • @tuxedo clank: yeahhh, a sneasel egg with a sentret was pushing it, so a riolu really is right out. your character would probs be able to aquire a riolu during the rp, however. this game is all about taking total noob trainers and turning them into super awesome trainers, so. yeah.

@Iwasapony25: ooh, elekid. interesting choice!

@ChrisTom: thanks for writing a new rp sample, this one is definitely fits better. I'll have to get back to you on Whitney's backstory, since it's kinda tl;dr, and it's like four in the morning over here. I need to get some sleep! XD

Tuxedo Clank

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2012
    Fair enough. I will edit this post to include my SU when I have finished it.

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    How many members can be in this story?
    I'm pretty interested in it, but I don't want to make an entry and it ends up that the SU's are closed by the time I finish.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
  • How many members can be in this story?
    I'm pretty interested in it, but I don't want to make an entry and it ends up that the SU's are closed by the time I finish.

The OP stated that SU's can be posted till May the 7th, where she will make a final decision.

So essentially, she won't make any acceptances till then

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
    Years
  • @TJGamer: Scales is entirely correct! Specifically, I won't accept SUs posted after noon on Friday the 7th, GMT+10 time. So you might want to double-check with an online clock or something to see what time that is for you.

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
    Years
  • yes but it's Wednesday for me. I think I'll update both posts with a link to a World Clock showing the time in my time zone, it'll probably make it easier.

Tuxedo Clank

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2012
    * Name: James Maxwell Martin
    * Personality:
    Spoiler:

* Appearance:
    Spoiler:

* History:
    Spoiler:

* Pokemon: