• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Crystal [pg-16]

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2014
The Crystals

History: It's the 500's in the pokemon world. Fantasy swords and armor and that jazz. But the pokemon world's middle ages where different then ours.

Around 15 years ago a small boy wandered into a cave once. The boy came back almost a day latter going on about a large crystal deposit in the cave. He also told of large pokemon patrolling the interior, like the crystals were important. Fortunately the boy brought a crystal shard back. His mom became worried that night and took it form him. Through the night weird things plagued her, shadows, pokemon outside, and her boy complaining about the crystal.

The next morning the woman came before the king and queen with the crystal. The queen sensed something the king didn't, and ordered her scholars to examine it. A week later the scholars came back looking for the boy. Despite the moms best efforts they took him. He led them to the cave, and they let him go, but the boy stayed. He warned them not to go in there. Not understanding, or simply not caring, the scholars set out into the cave, but never returned.

Soon latter the boy and his mom got into a argument over the cave, and he ran off. He had since then told his friends about the cave, but warned them about the dangers. Thankfully his friends believed him. After a week the boy's mom had become hysterical. The boy's friends told her of tge cave. Seeking help, she went to the queen. The queen was sincerely worried, and organized a squad to look for the boy. They only returned with a handful of crystals.

The queen gave some to her daughters, and they found out something the researchers would never had thought of. Most pokemon where wild at the time. There were no pokeballs, and only one way to tame them, beat them up, break their will, then offer your hand in friendship. The queen's daughters had found a new way though.

Wandering in the woods one day, a wild Butterfree attacked. Obviously angered by the destruction of its nest, the girls wanted to help. The oldest's crystal started to glow. When the Butterfree attacked she held up her arms to defend herself. The Butterfree collided with her hand, and a large blast of light illuminated from the crystal. Immediately the girls noticed that the crystal had changed from its normal clear color, to a purple shade. Not only that, but the Butterfree was friendly towards them.

It followed them home, and accompanied the oldest every where. Upon thinking something the Butterfree would respond. The queen was dumbfounded, and called her new scholars. They studied on the crystal the oldest had, along with the girl and the Butterfree. They found out that the butterfree's soul had split. Part of it was fused with the crystal, and part was fused with the girl. The oldest daughter's soul was only fused to the crystal though.

Plot: It is 15 years after the Crystal Affect, and the kingdom of Arleon is at war with its neighboring lands of Wither. The elite forces of Arleon have soulbound pokemon to aid them in battle. Strangely though, the Witherian warriors are starting to have soulbounds too. In the middle of the night, the king goes for a walk, and in killed by a woman soulbound with a Froslass. The king was frozen in a chunk of ice, but when morning came, and they found him gone, the ice remained. The ice never melted, and is considered a great insult to the kingdom. The queen takes control of the kingdom, and calls you too her.

You will be part of an elite squad, focusing on the crystal problem. If the Witherians where able to get enough, they could posse a great threat. You are given a crystal, with it you may bound any pokemon you wish too you. You will also be given the kingdom's full support, and will be supplied with armor or wepons upon demand. The queen urges you to start at the cave, where the crystals where first found, and work you way up from there.

Rules:
-Obviously, no godmodding
-Controlling NPC's is ok, just not each others characters
-If you don't post when you are needed for plot reasons, you will have three days. After three days you will be kicked from the RP. Upon return, if you can provide a good reason for your departure, I may let you back in if your spot hasn't been filled.
-I realize sometimes there is nothing to talk about, and it is ok to post shorter in order to stop yourself from having to godmod
-Be kind to everyone on this RP.

Rating:
Pg-16 foooor; minor swearing (only crap, and damn) mild violence (swords and pokemon moves alike), minor blood and gore (only sctarthes, no cutting anything off of antone or any pokemon) and minor sexual themes (romance will be allowed, keep it to breff kisses, hugs, and hand holding).

Failure to comply with the above will net you your one and only warning.

SUs

Name:
Age: (should be over 15 by a bit. The queen wouldn't hire teenagers to do this job, but also refrain from being over 25. You should have been alive during the Crystal Affect.)
Faction: (I will let you be either side. I will probably end up being the Leader of the groups, unless one of my friends joins or you have a well written SU, then I may offer you a spot.)
Personality: (Should change with the pokemon soulbond to you, ex goody goody soulbounds a Houndoom. He should get meaner.)
Appearance: (Can be before or after the armor from the queen has been aquierd)
History: (Witherians should end with pokemon and a crystal from anywhere, heading to the war room. Arleons should end without a crystal but may still have a pokemon following them. Arleons can be on their way to the Queen or there when the RP starts.)
Pokemon: (You may pick evoled forms, or from any season. No legendaries, and please refrain from one only pokemon like Lucario or Sudowoodo.)
RP sample: (copy and past works fine)

I'll try to get an OOC up ASAP, for now post any questions, and I will update anything accordingly.

FAQ: Pokemon may start out evolved by one. So you can have a Dratini or Dragonair, but not a Dragonite.
SB (sould bound) pokemon can evolve still.

Accepted: (Alreon, Witherian.)
Kon
LordSephy
RainbowMunchies
SkyKnight
Seal

Reserved:

Last edited:

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2014
Question: Does the pokemon you soulbonded with evolve later on? ^^
It still can evolve. I will let people start with evolved things too. You still won't be able to start with a Garchomp though, and would need to evolve it up.

RainbowMunchies is reserved.

assasinn

Pokemon MAULER
Years
Name: Michael Xenophon
Faction: Witherian
Personality: Michael, having escaped his kingdom, is very rebellious, and will attack if needed to. There is a split personality with him however, I wonder what they are...
History: Michael was born in a poor family in a rural farm house outside of the kingdom. At the age of 15, Michael, decided to become a warrior for Arleon. Since then he's been working his way up the ranks, becoming stronger and stronger. Overtime, Michael became lonely, but then, he heard a shrilling cry from nearby. from behind a haystack, was a whismur, which had a prick in it. He took it in, and raised it. He had dubbed this whismur, Far-Cry. Far-Cry helped him very much during his time as an Arlian soldier.

After two years of service, Michael became tired. Tired of following orders, tired of the queen. He decided to rebel. After the authorities found out, he was put to jail. Three months later, he escaped, and joined the Witherians. He was even given a new suit of armor.
Appearance: Michael is a fair skinned boy, standing at 5'1". The hair on his head is a dark, charcoal-like black. Although very pail, being in the army has made him tough, and strong, and he is bulging with muscle. His bloodshot eyes are brown in color, but appear red when he is on a rampage. His nails are untrimmed, and very dirty.

Michael's new armor is a shining black in color, with gold trims. The cape he wears it white, and has the Wither emblem on it. The visor on his head signifies his higher status, and is glow-in-the-dark.
Pokemon:
If I can only choose one:
Loudred (Soul Bound)
SU sample: (This does not feature my character in this RP)
Spoiler:

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2014
Assasinn, your SU is very short. Lenthin it up, and seperate your Histoy and Apperance. 2 paragraphs per section will be ok. PENDING

Got to hate Word and its weird double spacing. I never have this problem on my XP. Dumb Vista....

Ok, So I will lead the Witherian squad, and SkyKnight the Arleon squad.

Name: Leon Adalwolf

Personality: Leon is aggressive, and primal. His feral nature is only kept in check by the King of Wither. Leon protects his homelands fiercely, and sees Arleon as its biggest threat. He leads troops into battle, charging ahead and taking anyone down who gets in his way. Leon has also sent soldiers to die without pity. He is not a person to be messed with, and will attack you for even speaking against the king.

Appearance: Leon wears a chainmail suit that was given to him by the Witherian King upon his coronation. He has a red cloth shirt that reaches out over his shoulder where the armor stops. Leon has lose plate armor strapped to his arms unconnected to allow more movement. He also has plate strapped to his legs in the same fashion as his arms, but it cuts off two inches above his ankles. He is wearing brown cloth pants beneath the plates. Leon has the classic Witherian helmet, a darker grey to match the chain and plate, and a closable vision with vertical lines. As a Lieutenant, he has a red flowing cape attached to his shoulder pieces.

Leon's hair is a dark brown, contrasting his light skin. He hasn't tanned much because of the fact that he spends his time in his armor, or in a tent. His deep blue eyes add to the steep contrast. His nose is rounded off, and is closer to his face, but doesn't hook in. Leon stands 5'11", and is slightly muscular, but not bulky.

History: Leon grew up in the Witherian lands before the king. His small village was attacked by a band of Arleon raiders when he was 13. He swore vengeance, and got together the 3 other survivors and set out. The small raggedy team quickly stole swords, and some broken up armor. Leon led them to the raiders' camp at night. One of them couldn't go through with it, and left. The three remaining teenagers attacked the squad of 5 men. With surprise on their side, they took out two quickly, but the others drew their swords, and fended them off. One of Leon's group mates was stabbed in the side, so the other helped him retreated. Leon "regrouped" in the forest by the camp. The Arleon soldier left, so Leon raided what was left of their camp. He was able to fashion out a suit of armor, and obtained a better sword.

Leon hadn't planned anything out, and just wandered Wither. Years went by, and a man was trying to unite Wither against the Arelons. Leon quickly joined up, and spent the next few years conquering, and uniting the Witherian tribes. When the leader was crowned, Leon was made a Lieutenant for his loyal service to the King. Now the war has started and Leon has been tasked with a special group of elite soldiers. The King only told him that much, and called them all to the war room.

Pokemon:

Kabutops
Male
Leon was given a crystal a month after the King's coronation when he was made first lieutenant on the ground. Leon adventured off with a small group of soldiers, and finally came across a Kabutops. Judging it to be strong enough after it knocked out his squad, Leon captured it with the crystal. Since then, Leon has grown more primal on the inside, and stronger and faster physically.

Last edited:

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
Years
May I reserve a spot, s'il vous plait?

I will begin work on my SU immediately, but it might take a while as I have an exam in the morning, followed by a vaccination ( TT^TT ) and I probably won't post until tomorrow afternoon...

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2014
May I reserve a spot, s'il vous plait?

I will begin work on my SU immediately, but it might take a while as I have an exam in the morning, followed by a vaccination ( TT^TT ) and I probably won't post until tomorrow afternoon...
Oui Missour. Looks like alot of people have exams. I got out of school today :D

assasinn

Pokemon MAULER
Years
Here's the revised version:
Name: Malcolm Xenophon
Personality: Malcolm, having escaped his kingdom, is very rebellious, and will attack if needed to. Although, he is no good in sports or running, he makes up for in brains, and usually does strategy for the leader of his squad. Malcolm uses force to discipline his soldiers. He is truly, the "Alpha Dog', even as second in command. Even his leader secretly fears him.

His brutality, however, is only prominent when he is leading. When he is off work, he will always show kindness. Never the less, no matter what, soldiers under his command kneel before him in fear. Michael does not carry a sword, and yet he does not use brute force, rather, he uses speed. He is notoriously fast, seeming to never allow his opponent to even move more than once. He does have a weak spot. He can not hear very well, the reason he can stand his loudred.

History: Malcolm was born in a poor family in a rural farm house outside of the kingdom. At the age of 15, Michael, decided to become a warrior for Arleon. Since then he's been working his way up the ranks, becoming stronger and stronger. Overtime, Malcolm became lonely, but then, he heard a shrilling cry from nearby. from behind a haystack, was a whismur, which had a prick in it. He took it in, and raised it. He had dubbed this whismur, Far-Cry. Far-Cry helped him very much during his time as an Arlian soldier.

After two years of service, Malcolm became tired. Tired of following orders, tired of the queen. He decided to rebel. After the authorities found out, he was put to jail. Three months later, he escaped, and joined the Witherians. He was even given a new suit of armor.

Appearance: Malcolm is a fair skinned boy, standing at 5'1". The hair on his head is a dark, charcoal-like black. Although very pail, being in the army has made him tough, and strong, and he is bulging with muscle. His bloodshot eyes are brown in color, but appear red when he is on a rampage. His nails are untrimmed, and very dirty.

Malcolm's new armor is a shining black in color, with gold trims. The cape he wears it white, and has the Wither emblem on it. The visor on his head signifies his higher status, and is glow-in-the-dark.
Pokemon:
If I can only choose one:
Loudred (Soul Bound)
Far-Cry's skin color is a dark navy blue. Its' stereo-ears are black all over, from the war. The teeth on Far-Cry are humongous, and can gnaw through anything, if it needed them to. It's lips are an even darker blue. The claws on its' hands are sharp enough to punch a hole in diamonds.

Its' most powerful attack by far is hyper voice. The attack is so strong, everything in a twenty yard radius, can feel its' burn at full force. There are actually some cases where peoples' heads exploded. Hyper voice, however is only a last resort attack. It will often use the attack earthquake by screaming into the ground, making a shock wave, strong as 8.6. When it gets angry, it will even use its "outrage" attack, in which it fires focused attacks everywhere. When Malcolm must cross waters, he will use Far-Cry's surf.
SU sample: (This does not feature my character in this RP)
Spoiler:

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2014
Assasinn, I found quite a few errors in you SU, and RP sample. I'm going to have to say Denided.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
Years
Here's my SU - I hope it's OK...

Name: Jennifer Gairin (Jen)

History: (I'm not sure of the standards set in Wither, so I might be making some of this stuff up...) Due to her father's involvement in the Witherian Army, and the fact that she was an only child, Jen dreamed of becoming a knight from a young age, acting out wars with her friends with wooden swords and bark shields. However, while the rest of her friends grew up and joined the ranks, her gender, size and build stood against her being allowed in. She was refused entry at the age of fourteen. During the next two years, she trained hard at various academies, learning to use her size to her advantage, as many underestimated her and their heavy armour made them slower in combat. Jen trained in close combat using kukri and learned stealth and speed techniques. She retook the entry exam when she was sixteen and this time was admitted due to her win over three of the five examiners, allowing her to join.

After having been officially within the ranks for two months, Jen was part of a travelling party scouting the lands, and it was then that she gained knowledge of the crystals and was not one to pass up the oppurtunity - she saw the power they held, to tame any Pokémon and bond their soul to your own. Around the same time, her interest in Pokémon grew; this was not coincidental. She surreptitiously searched for a partner, and was standing guard when she spotted Spoink from afar. The small Pokémon's speed and agility as it bounded through the streets of the village she was guarding appealed to her immediately, as did the shiny pink pearl it held on her head. Without hesitation, she darted up and pressed her crystal to the grey pig's side. It immediately flushed pearly pink and Spoink brushed against her affectionately, bonded to her very being.

Now that Jen has turned seventeen, the army has expressed interest in warring with Arleon. Jen has been called up to duty, and so she must make her way to the war room to begin the fight for what she believes in.

Personality: Jen is toughened and harsh, but with caring undertones - she always does what she believes to be the right thing, no matter how extreme, and this leads to her diverting onto quizzical tangents to her original aim, often for reasons no one else could understand. She is good at following orders otherwise, and has a good memory. Using her speed and agility in battle, she relates fights to her childhood games, thinking in terms of which actions are best to take and how she can use her petite figure to her advantage. Using this analogy, she thinks her way through situations one step at a time. Her general disposition is cheery but quick to anger, and equally quick to calm.

After bonding with Spoink, Jen's personality faced a small change in that she became a little more playful and taunting in her actions, much like the bouncing, teasting movement of a Spoink. Due to this, she will often tease an opponant before defeating them, should she be in the rightful position to do so.

In terms of general mannerisms, Jen has many. While thinking, she will place her left index finger on the center of her chin, and when sad or ashamed, she will run both hands through her hair, ruffling it up as she goes. She crosses her arms only ever to restrain herself, as she hates how it makes her look to be stood with both arms at her chest. There is no particular reason for this hatred; she simply dislikes the stance. Jen also has a tendancy to stand with both hands on her hips; again, there is no reason but habit.

It is worth noting that Jen has an irrational fear of bats, and by definition, bat Pokémon, including the Zubat line and Gligar line.

Appearance: Jen is a moderately short, thin girl at around 5'2" and weighing about 105lbs. She has very long, bushy brown hair down to her waist. She has tanned skin, only slightly, though, as she is naturally pale. Her eyes are wide and grey-blue, giving her an appearance of innocence. Her face is slightly wide but well-shaped, with a rounded chin and her nose is straight and narrow. In all, she appears almost "generic" in that she could be mistaken for someone else quite easily.

In her spare time, Jen's 'uniform' is navy leggings with a green tunic and brown leather belt on her hips, but during battle, she dresses completely in black, although with lightweight material so that she can move faster. She refuses armour as her battle style is based not on brunt but on agility. She uses two blades as a weapon, known as 'kukri' or Gurkha knives. She also does not wear shoes, as she prefers to feel the earth beneath her feet, and so her heels have hardened, making her soles resiliant.

Pokemon: Spoink
Jen's choice of a soul-bond stems from her far-off admiration of Spoink's natural speed and agility, teamed with the shininess of its pearl, which appealed her her (supressed) girly side. The crystal she used to soul-bond turned a shimmering, pearly pink. Since bonding with Spoink, Jen has become a little more playful in her actions, mirroring the Pokémon's personality.

SU sample: (I don't have anything I can c/p, so I'll just write something really quickly:)
Spoiler:

Sorry if it's a little short, I usually make longer SUs so... please tell me if it is and I'll lengthen it accordingly.

Last edited:

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2014
Kon, good SU, but you are missing your History section. Pending.

BTW: OOC is up.

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2014
Ohyah, I am... I should go sort that...

but, FYI, the history section is missing in the OP. ^^;;
Ya.... not anymore :P Also, I thought it was kind of, you know, normal for RPs. Anyway, if you add that you'll be good.

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2013
Name: Marc von Bonhof

Faction: The Arleons

Personality: Marc is reasonably intelligent but can be cynical and heartless. He doesn't feel any emotions and is rather cold towards people. His lack of care has made him a loner, but on his own he can be deadly. He doesn't have any friends but most people still respect him. One of his greatest strengths is his reasonable intellect and he can beat a lot of people when it comes to tactics

Although he doesn't hate other people he finds it hard to like people. Although he doesn't go out of his way to hate things he still usually ends up hating them. He's also not known for his bravery and is very likely to flee if the odds are against him. People tend to stay away from him but they still fear and respect him. They understand that if given the right price he'll do anything.

Appearance: Marc has been given armour by the Queen and a sword, just in case his Pokemon fail him. He has reasonably long, blond hair and has large , blue eyes. His skin is pale and he is physically weak. He's lanky as well, tall but very weak. He tends to scowl at people over nothing and to strike fear into people's hearts without meaning too

His casual clothes are a long pair of brown boots. He tends to wear a black tunic and black leggings. He also has a large, black bag where he keeps food, his sizeable amounts of money and his spare clothes. His hair is long, blond and straight. It's usually unwashed and very greasy, but people who have said that to his face have been on the receiving end of a Houndoom's Bite attack.

History: Marc was born in Arleon. His parents were both poor farmers who worked hard to get food. Marc didn't work much on the farm because of his physical weakness. Instead he was in charge of keeping things ordered. When he was 15 he went into the mountains and found a Houndour. He managed to earn its respect by not attacking it like most humans did, but still being cold enough for the Houndour to understand him. He trained Houndour how to stand up to people and how to use its Bite attack. When Houndour evolved into Hounddom Marc was overjoyed.

Houndoom and Marc travelled Arleon, helping villages from threats and generally getting reputation and more power. Some villages saw marc and Houndoom's dark side if they didn't pay the two of them. These villages aren't on the map anymore, to put it subtly. To not put it subtly they were destroyed, the villagers murdered and every building burned to the ground. Quickly the two of them were feared throughout Arleon and they were always paid.

Marc even killed his own parents. There was a disagreement and Marc lost his temper. Houndoom killed both of them. Eventually, when the Queen needed her Elite Squad, she decided that Marc was too powerful to overlook. Although she questioned his morals, she decided at the end of the day that he couldn't be overlooked. Marc went to her and got his armour and a sword and is now part of her elite squad.

Pokemon:
Houndoom
This Pokemon is like its trainer, cold and calculated. Marc doesn't like nicknames so his Pokemon don't have any of them. Despite this Houndoom and Marc share the closest to a bond either of them are going to get.

RP Sample:
Marc is heading to the palace to receive his armour from the Queen.

On his way he passes a village which is being threatened by a rampaging Ursaring.

Marc grins, he can defeat this Ursaring easily.

He learns it resides in the forest and heads there.

He sees it soon and realises it's lost.

Marc tells his Pokemon the strategy,"Surround the creature and stop it escaping. Remember do whatever I tell you to do, or the consequences will be severe."

His Pokemon surround the Ursaring and attack.

Houndoom clamps its mouth onto the Ursaring's arm.

The Ursaring screams in pain yet Houndoom's grip is too strong.

Kadabra throws some Psybeams at it and whenever the Ursaring tries to charge towards Kadabra, it teleports away.

Rapidash is using Flamethrower on the Ursaring but Rapidash is too agile for the Ursaring's clumsy attacks.

The three Pokemon drive the Ursaring to the edge of the cliff.

The Ursaring desperately tries to escape but Marc's Pokemon look at Marc for the final command.

Marc nods his head and the three know the instruction means, finish it.

The Ursaring gets pushed off the cliff and Marc turns away, not a tear in his eye.

Last edited:
Back