• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon: The Ice Caves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I honestly don't have a good name for this yet, so give me some ideas. I just made something up on the spot for the thread title, but it's a pretty bad name imo. (Hopefully that's something a mod can change later on.)

• Story: Team Magma has built a base deep in the earth to harness energy from the earth's core, destroying this series of Ice Caves in the process. As a member of Team Aqua, you can't let Team Magma get away with destroying these caves, as they are a habitat for thousands of water and ice pokemon. Unfortunately, most of these pokemon have already fled the cave, but at least that means you won't face much resistance while moving through the caves.

• Features:

1. This hack consists of a multitude of cave-based puzzles, including ice, strength, diving puzzles, etc.
  2. The ability to access all of the caves from your room will remain for replayability purposes, however no plot related events will occur if you enter them through your room.
  • Screenshots:
Spoiler:

What I'm looking for:

• A scripter. Most of the stuff I need is very basic, but there are a couple things that I would like to do that are pretty advanced, so I may need someone with some decent experience.
  • I don't need any help with the mapping, but if someone wants to make a map or two for it, I would be OK with it. (Must be able to make a challenging puzzle, that still looks good/ doesn't have any tile errors etc.) I'm going to be pretty picky about this though, sorry.
  • A tile maker. I need a lot of help in this department now.
  • A spriter, just for the main character.
Now that I've incorporated this new plot, I definitely need an experienced scripter to help. I also will need a new sprite for the main character, (PM me if you're interested) and I will need some pretty extensive tile making help.

Progress: 6 Caves complete.

Last edited:

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
Oooo i remember turning Victory road in emerald into a big ice puzzle for more of a challenge. Shall i try dig the mapshots out?

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
This is a very cool looking game! How many "levels" will there be? Also, will there be pokemon at all? Because. if so you could like have a boss at the end.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
Yeah it got to the point where id run into the odd Lv60 Dewgong because nothing was a challeneg :P

Yeah ill post the mapshots in a few mins i think i still got them

EDIT: this is the only one i could find :/ the Lowest level was my best i think.
Otherwise yeah i'd gladly make a few for ya

Last edited:

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
This will turn out good if you use time creating them and are creative and can actually make them challenging (that's the hard part of it).

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
That's a brilliant idea!
How about you make "levels"?

1) would be Ice
2) could be Strength boulders
and so on...
If I put in challenges like strength puzzles, you would need to get the HM before you could do it... but I guess I could just give you the HM in the beginning or something.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
If I put in challenges like strength puzzles, you would need to get the HM before you could do it... but I guess I could just give you the HM in the beginning or something.

Or you can just change how strength rocks move, a scripter should be able to work that out.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Or you can just change how strength rocks move, a scripter should be able to work that out.
Yeah, I was kinda wondering if that was possible lol.

This is a very cool looking game! How many "levels" will there be? Also, will there be pokemon at all? Because. if so you could like have a boss at the end.
I was thinking somewhere from 10-20 levels. Any more than that would just get really boring.
I actually have something in mind for a boss of sorts... I've seen something similar done in other hacks, but I think it would be kind of complicated to script.

Last edited:

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
this looks very good! can't wait till its finished.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
^ That depends on if I get a decent scripter tbh. I don't know enough scripting to do most of the cool stuff that I want, so if it's left to me, it'll have to just stay a minigame, and nothing else.

Years
Okay, sorry to burst in on the party and do the same thing I've already did today, but I'm afraid this can't qualify as a Progressing Hacks thread. Real sorry for the public humiliation Quilava King, it was my fault for approving this thread, wrongly. You see, your screenshots, features and stories really don't stray too far away from ordinary Pokémon games, and, unfortunately, this doesn't fit the requirements. I am really sorry to you, QuilavaKing, it was my fault for approving the thread, but it's my job to fix what I've made wrong, so I've got to close this thread. Real sorry. >:

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Thread re-opened because Quilava King has supplied a nice little story. :D

Opened~

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Ok, I did some extensive editing of the Original Post.

Still looking for people to script, sprite, and make tiles.

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2012
is this good for the hero/main character. I have the guy hero wearing a snowsuit.

Is it only going to be Magma's hideout next to lilycove???
or is all of hoenn going to be icy. This would add so much ice to it.

free for anyone's use, but give credit

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
is this good for the hero/main character. I have the guy hero wearing a snowsuit.

Is it only going to be Magma's hideout next to lilycove???
or is all of hoenn going to be icy. This would add so much ice to it.

free for anyone's use, but give credit
Well, you're a member of Team Aqua, so it needs to be their uniform, but a heavier/snow themed version of it.

And it's a completely separate base from Magma's hideout.

Chad -

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2012
This is a promising hack. I like the cave map; it is playable. The story is simple and direct. Good luck on this.

Chad -

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
so, since you're an aqua member, if there are pokemon, will they be water or ice type?

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
so, since you're an aqua member, if there are pokemon, will they be water or ice type?
There actually won't be any battles, as crazy as that sounds. Not to say that there won't be any pokemon/action in the hack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back