• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Weather?

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2010
    I debated for a little while about making this thread, but there IS one about Munma being foreshadowed, so...

I just noticed Zekrom's ability is called 'Terra Voltage'. This would seem to indicate electricity in the environment... perhaps we'll be getting thunderstorms in this generation? What do you guys think?

And what new weather conditions, if any, would you like to see? I'd like to see night supporting dark/ghost types... or maybe making pokemon stay asleep longer, with day making them wake up earlier?

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    There is a prediction about this on Pokebeach, and I think it may be possible to alter the weather in black & white (like always) but...you would be able to use it to your advantage more possibly with items. See:
    In previous games, either through moves or through abilities, players were able to alter the weather conditions of the battle field to boost certain types. For example, Groudon's Drought summons sunlight, which boosts Fire-type moves by 50%. In Black and White, players will be able to collect certain items that alter the weather conditions of the battle field. Approximately twenty of these items will affect the weather conditions so that they will boost certain types (kind of like Stadium cards in the TCG?), with some types getting added bonuses depending on the item. As a side note, in today's CoroCoro scans, there was a screenshot showing a new weather indicator (we overlooked it), which could give credence to this claim.

One example will be setting up a Poison Field, which causes all Poison-type attacks to gain 30% accuracy, Sludge Bomb to have a 100% poison rate, and the effects of Toxic Spikes' poison to have an immediate effect.
    https://pokebeach.com/2010/06/possible-black-and-white-spoilers-unconfirmed

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2010
    Wouldn't surprise me.
    As the map of the new Region has a lot of different weather conditions.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    If they really go as far as adding a poison field type weather, then I think they probably will have a weather for each type.

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    I wouldn't put any stock in this info, the guy who "leaked" it in the first place also claimed there would be a Tauros evolution, whose picture was a fanmade evolution from deviantART... yeah.

Also, Terra Voltage sounds more to me like a "hit Ground with Electric moves" ability, and personally I wouldn't like any new weather, especially since Castform probably still wouldn't get new forms when it still needs them for Sandstorm/fog...

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    don't like this idea imo

every route should have certain weather on days. rain on route 533982 on monday, calm tuesday

desert area would be calm with the sandstomrs on some days

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • don't like this idea imo

every route should have certain weather on days. rain on route 533982 on monday, calm tuesday

desert area would be calm with the sandstomrs on some days

I like the idea of there being different weather on different days.

I just hope snow storms don't return, from Sinnoh. I hated that entire section of DPPt.

SargeantMajorKururu

Loves Pokemon Black
    Years
  • I had that idea...

I really like the idea of Thunderstorms. With a really low chance of getting struck by lightning, no matter what type you are? It would take like 1/3 of your health but the chance is like 5%, or 10% if you have Lightningrod ability. And SolarBeam would take 3 turns to charge.

THOUGHT OF A NEW ONE!!!

Windy

Raises the speed of Flying-Type pokemon and raises special Flying-Type moves. You know, like Gust, Sky Attack, Air Slash, and then maybe some new moves.

Last edited:

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • I think the idea sounds pretty cool, really, depending on its uses. Something like a really windy day or tornado would be interesting, it could reduce the accuracy of Fly, increase the gain from Tailwind, increase the power of Gust/Twister/what have you...

Back