• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen water crazy

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
  • it's completely up to you... how you design your moveset, your strategy... it's in your hand regarding the "strongest" pokemon. A non legendary can defeat a legendary pokemon if the trainer put enough planning and heart into the pokemon.

however, i do know the weakest water type: magikarp :p

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2003
    frostweaver said:
    it's completely up to you... how you design your moveset, your strategy... it's in your hand regarding the "strongest" pokemon. A non legendary can defeat a legendary pokemon if the trainer put enough planning and heart into the pokemon.

however, i do know the weakest water type: magikarp :p

Ok tell me the best water pokemon cosidering this......

Rayquaza aka cyprus
    lvl.70
    quirky nature
    fly
    blizzard
    extreme speed
    outrage

Groundon aka speeddemon
    lvl.67
    timid nature
    dragon claw
    e-quake
    solarbeam
    fireblast

Blaziken aka pyro (hehe)
    lvl.50
    adamant nature
    fire blast
    rocksmash
    hyper b
    cut

Raichu aka shockion
    lvl.44
    brave nature
    protect
    thunder
    double team
    thunderbolt

Vibriva aka Flygon
    lvl.42
    hasty nature
    schreech
    strenghth
    dig
    crunch

if u want also gimme tips on my team and what do the natures do?

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2003
    PKMN Trainer Brendan said:
    I personaly think the best water pokemon Corsola put its your choice

where do u get corsola? or its pre evolutions?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • corsola has no pre evolutions. you can trade one in pacifilog, or fish for one near pacifilog as well. (super rod)

nature can increase a category of stats by 10% and drop another category of stats by 10% as well. there are neutral natures. go to www.pokefor.tk for more information.

Years
  • i use Walrein only problem with my Walrein tho is it has 3 Hm moves so its not verry powerfull

Walrein lvl-60
    Dive
    waterfull
    Surf
    aurora beam (only good move :P )

but if u have the right move set im sure it will be pritty cool

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Walrein- modest (quiet if using body slam) @ leftovers
    -rest
    -ice beam
    -surf
    -yawn/body slam

i'm not too good with Walrein... sorry

AzureFlygon

Master of all Shiny's!
    Years
  • I'd say the best water type pokemon you can get is Spheal and its evolved forms. Their pretty powerful, and only really weak against electric because their ice type cancels out most of the others.

Dragon Man

Milk and Cookies!
    Years
  • The best water pokemon...Actually there probably is no definite answer. For now I'd say Swampert, Golduck or perhaps Kingdra. Walrein is very powerful too. Hope this helps.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Dec 9, 2003
    In my experience, which is pretty good on water Pokemon in this game, the best would be either Milotic or Kingdra. I have raised both to level 100(with no cheats or rare candies) and have had AWESOME results. Although neither of these compare to Kyogre, they are GREAT assets to a team. I agree with the others that Walrein is nice, but EASILY slaughtered by ANY fighting Pokemon. I've had my hope dashed in battle tower with my modest Walrein getting hit by a single Brick Break and keeling over. For just about any water Pokemon I would recommend the modest nature. Has no adverse effects unless you are using Body Slam with Pokemon like Walrein.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • D3th 1nc@rn@te said:
    In my experience, which is pretty good on water Pokemon in this game, the best would be either Milotic or Kingdra. I have raised both to level 100(with no cheats or rare candies) and have had AWESOME results. Although neither of these compare to Kyogre, they are GREAT assets to a team. I agree with the others that Walrein is nice, but EASILY slaughtered by ANY fighting Pokemon. I've had my hope dashed in battle tower with my modest Walrein getting hit by a single Brick Break and keeling over. For just about any water Pokemon I would recommend the modest nature. Has no adverse effects unless you are using Body Slam with Pokemon like Walrein.

A pokemon trained without rare candy can't be that much "godly." Without rare candy, it means its EV is messed in all ways possible like Mars crashing into the Earth.

Every pokemon has a weakness. Walrein is a great Pokemon. With yawn as a pseudo-pseudohaze (wow now that's fake to the extreme), and powerful ice beam + surf, it proves itself to be a powerful contender. The 400 hp really helps against night shade and seismic toss too. Every pokemon has a weakness so just because brick break will knock out Walrein that doesn't mean it isn't that useful in comparison to Kingdra who has only one weakness.

This is what a team is for, to cover up each other's weaknesses and switch out at the right time. Learn all common movesets for all Pokemon will really help you. For example if you are using Walrein and the opponent sends out Umbreon, you will realize that it's time to run and switch out any pokemon with roar or whirlwind on your team, or else the next second you'll find yourself battling a cursebreon or a Heracross rushing your way and you can't even run. Know the common movesets to predict the opponent's moves.

Water Pokemon has a reputation of being special attacker. However there are a few exceptions as well.

Water pokemon that will hate modest nature: Feraligatr, Swampert, Golduck (if going fighter), Tentacruel, Gyarados (BIG TIME), Kingdra (if going dragon dancing), Walrein (if using body slam or earthquake, it's better to go quiet) and Quagsire. There are probably more too. All of these can become deadly physical attackers and would not even need surf at all.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Dec 9, 2003
    Bah, I see now my error. I didn't think of ALL the angles to look at it from. You bring up some VERY valid points Frostweaver, I'll have to think about my strategy. Also is there a forum in which they discuss this "EV" which you speak of because I am completely in the dark on that one. I always though it was best to level without rare candies and I would like to know how I could better level my Pokemon and perhaps even raise a NEW team of level 100s. Thanks for helping such a newb ^_^ !!!

Back