• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Way to Talk to Characters

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    Pokemon Sunday is airing right now and a new Character was just revealed. This also reveals a new way to interact/talk to people. (Yugioh has done this for years)

He looks like he could be the rival. His text is translated to: "I will be better than the champion." His mouth moves while you are viewing the text.

New Way to Talk to Characters

It also looks like that he is at that carnival area.

What are your opinions on this new change?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2011
    Lame. The guy's mouth moves and that's it. Horrible, horrible, horrible move in my opinion. They are moving away from something that was effective and it worked. This makes no difference, as a matter of fact, I think this makes it worse.

I don't think that guy is in Hiun City. Looks more like the amusement park in the middle of Isshu.

Last edited:

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    Lame. The guy's mouth moves and that's it. Horrible, horrible, horrible move in my opinion. They are moving away from something that was effective and it worked. This makes no difference, as a matter of fact, I think this makes it worse.

I don't think that guy is in Hiun City. Looks more like the amusement park in the middle of Isshu.

It could be like Yugioh and they could just stare at you forever while text moves.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2011
    It could be like Yugioh and they could just stare at you forever while text moves.

That to me is a bad thing. I think this is the worst thing I've seen from Game Freak ever. Even though I haven't experienced this first-hand... I don't like it at all.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    I've always wanted it to be like this. It kinda happened in the Mystery dungeon games, with the Pokemon inthe corner, but this just blows it out of the water.

How about when you talk to your following pokemon, it gets a picture too?

:O

Silver.Nova

Golden Smile and Silver Tears
    Years
    I'm excited! I always hoped they'd do this ~

Also, is it just me or is that guy really hot?

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    That to me is a bad thing. I think this is the worst thing I've seen from Game Freak ever. Even though I haven't experienced this first-hand... I don't like it at all.

I honestly don't have a problem with it. Yugioh did it effectively, and not every character will have this feature. Just the important ones.

They said that they would make major changes for once. They usually just tweak a few things and leave it like that, but this time they decided to make some great changes. Pokemon isn't the same old song and dance anymore. Its getting a few extra steps and beats to it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2010
    I think this is a really cool change that puts a little more depth into important characters. I don't see why LegendaryPichu is so mad about it.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    Well if Legendary doens't like it, he doesn't need to buy it.

I on the otherhand love this and I can't wait to see if it'll also be the same for following Pokemon.

Azure-Supernova

Trainer of mediocre Champions!
    Years
    Yay, it's going to add a little more depth and realism to the world if anything. And yeah, Yu-Gi-Oh! did it and it worked well. As long as they stick to important characters only and I don't start seeing Hiker Clones popping up all the time.

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
    Years
    Oh yus ! Seems interesting so far !
    And yeah, after watching the video, I want to buy them to see what's new
    They seem to have put lots of efforts on the characters ~

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    I like it. Like others, I've wanted to see the humans take on more depth in the games, so that the world is easier to get into. This makes the NPCs more realistic, since you can see their expressions. Even if this was just for important characters, it's still a nice change. Makes the game characters more human.

idk. I like it. Though I hope it doesn't slow down the text speed, because I would hate that, to wait until the character's mouth stops moving before I can move on to the next sentence.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2011
    Either that or he's just a normal person with his own individual no opinion. >.>

I like it, it beats having to look at each characters tiny pixelated face all the time. I wonder if they'll show emotions while being spoken too.

What do you mean, individual no opinion?

My problem is that it's a face with a moving mouth, and that's it. Nothing really breathtaking and it's not a good change in my opinion. Not even the ferris wheel at the back is moving! Imagine out of nowhere, the screen fades to black and you see some guy's face. And 5 seconds later it changes back to the overworld... it's pointless and it doesn't flow well together.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    What do you mean, individual no opinion?

My problem is that it's a face with a moving mouth, and that's it. Nothing really breathtaking and it's not a good change in my opinion. Not even the ferris wheel at the back is moving! Imagine out of nowhere, the screen fades to black and you see some guy's face. And 5 seconds later it changes back to the overworld... it's pointless and it doesn't flow well together.

It is perfectly fine. Quit saying, "But it could___________" and just enjoy their efforts. Stingy "if" people like you ruin the speculation, anticipation and excitement for the games.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    It DOES flow well and the screen doesn't black out, it blurs but you can still see it and i bet the moving things will also move while tlaking to him.

Please don't be negative on such a wonderful new feature.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2011
    It is perfectly fine. Quit saying, "But it could___________" and just enjoy their efforts. Stingy "if" people like you ruin the speculation, anticipation and excitement for the games.

You made absolutely no sense, I didn't even say "if". And I said nothing like "But it could___________" either. And how does it ruin excitement? I said I don't like it. It's my opinion, and sorry for making you angry with my opinion.

And I'm ruining things by saying my opinions. This is a FORUM, it's based on people's opinions.

It DOES flow well and the screen doesn't black out, it blurs but you can still see it and i bet the moving things will also move while tlaking to him.

Please don't be negative on such a wonderful new feature.

Getting back to the thread, I think it will go black and the face will appear (unless it's another screen). And why can't I be negative? You may think it's wonderful, and I may not think it's wonderful.

Last edited:
    Back