• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Extinction Of Man [U] (NOW PROGRESS IS BEING MADE)

Years
    • they/them
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    Chapter I:The End Is Near...

"What can we do?",wailed Toby, terrified at the news.This news was that the end of the world was coming in June 2011.It was true.
    Over 100 atom bombs had been found in each hemisphere of this great planet.
    "You mean,"replied Johnny, correcting Toby,"What can we try to think of that PROBABLY will never work!" Johnny was scared
    ,he was scared of what he saw last night.
    Last night, Johnny was going for a walk in the moonlight on his own, "I wonder if I'm nearly home?"thought Johnny aloud, to no-one in particular.
    Then in front of him, on the ground lay a heavily creased jacket with darkened scarlet red stains.
    Then from behind him he heard footsteps, he span round quickly scanning what he saw but Johnny, with his naked eyes, could not see anything.
    Sam, Johnny's other friend, told him he should have called the police.

Suddenly, a voice awakened him from his flashback,
    "Hang on Johnny, isn't your dad a policeman?" asked Sam
    "Yeah, why?"
    "Well maybe we could get a closer look at the bombs!"
    That night, Johnny's dad gave him a picture of a bomb, Johnny immediately phoned his friends and invited them over.
    As the trio squinted at the bomb, Sam could see a faint imprint.
    The others also saw this, but only after Sam mentioned it.
    It was an imprinted symbol that read 'Quazar Technology'
    mething and Johnny knew it.That night, Johnny spent all his time researching.
    ][[He eventually found the man behind it was 'Professor Quazar'.][][Johnny only told Sam and Toby his findings.
    Little did they know, this mystery was far more complex...

*****************************************************************************************************************

The next morning, Johnny was watching the news about the bombs when there was a sudden crackle and for a second, the screen went static.
    A hooded figure with an colossal bird appeared on the screen and said,"You shall never stop the bombs net ever, nor will you find out who I am!"Then he continued,
    "IF you think you can beat me then come and meet me on the fifty-fourth floor of The Empire State Building in New York!"The news then returned to normal broadcasting.Their plan was now all focused on getting to America.

The next day at school, the three friends found that Stanley, one of the boys in their class was going to America on a boat.This was their perfect opportunity.

Stanley's dad worked for a shipping company and had been asked to go to America and this time as it was half term, Stanley would go with him.
    The boys managed to plead with their parents to let them go.
    But this was only happening because of an archeological dig.
    Two weeks ago, a circle of treasure was found in the world, unfortunately, for every artefact, there was a bomb.
    About two weeks later they arrived.
    "Oh YEAH!, I won't have to sleep on a boat anymore!" cried Sam with excitement.His victory face however did soon turn to a frown, "We don't have anywhere to stay, do we?"
    "Well,"said Johnny,"We have three options." His face looked worried,
    "Number one, we sleep outside, number two pay for a hotel, or number three, sleep in the boat." There was a terribly deep silence for a few minutes.
    "I think outside,"murmered Toby, "would be the only option."The others nodded then they made their way to a taxi stop.Stanley was with them too, his dad said that he would pay for the the taxis and the entrance ticket to the Empire State Building.
    When they arrived, the building stood tall and proud in front of them.
    They thrust the tickets into the security man's hand and were allowed in.
    The boys rushed over to the lift and Toby slammed his hand down on the up button and they waited for a while.
    Soon, it arrived, they darted in and Stanley pused on the button for the fifty-fourth floor.
    Upon reaching the fifty-fourth floor it appeared deserted,
    But was it?...

END OF CHAPTER ONE

Note: This is set in May/ June 2011

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back