• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Ability Discussion

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I havent seen a thread bout this so if there is one already my apologies.

Any ideas on new abilities?

I was thinkin that Electrode, & other Explosive pokemon could have an ability where they dont lose all their HP when they go boom, it would also cut the damage by say.... 50%, and youd only use 50-75% of your HP

and a counter part to toxic heal, except its for burn, & one for sleep (like a reverse nightmare called Sweet Dreams)

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    I would see Snorlax with that Sweet Dreams ability xD

Sandy feet: Speed doubles during a sandstorm.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    "Determined"or "Anger":
    Whenever you are hit with an attack, your attack is raised but your evasiveness is lowered.

that would be so overpowered. lowering evasioness allows more hits and then the attack stat may skyrocket. how about it lowers accuracy?

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Scavenge: When the Pokemon is sent out all entry hazards are sent to the opposite side.

Yeah because that isn't broken in meta-game xD 1 Pokemon with Scavenge with crappy stats instantly OU because of that xD

Years
    • Seen today
    How about an ability that negates all the active Pokemon's immunity to weather such as Hail or Sandstorm (It probably wouldn't usually be too helpful...).

Or a set of abilities that acts basically like Wonder Guard, but only for one type. (No, I'm not wanting a Garchomp with an Ice Immunity, that would not be fun.)

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Or a set of abilities that acts basically like Wonder Guard, but only for one type. (No, I'm not wanting a Garchomp with an Ice Immunity, that would not be fun.)

We already have Ghost-type Pokemon, Dark-type Pokemon, Normal-type Pokemon, Ground-type Pokemon, Flash Fire, Volt Absorb and Water Absorb. Any more would seem tacky. "Mind Absorb"? "Ice Shield"? Nah.

I think that Determination idea would be good, but only if said Pokemon had defenses like Infernape, where it could take like two hits from anything at max.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    im totally loving everyones ideas :D

Years
    that would be so overpowered. lowering evasioness allows more hits and then the attack stat may skyrocket. how about it lowers accuracy?

its not that overpowered, Anger point makes your attack automatically +6 if you get hit by a crit. if you survive, you can tear teams apart with it. i think he meant it lowers your own evasiveness, so you're more seceptable to attacks

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    How about an ability that negates all the active Pokemon's immunity to weather such as Hail or Sandstorm (It probably wouldn't usually be too helpful...).

I'd like to introduce you to the awesome Pokemon in my avatar...

His name is Rankurusu...

He has an ability called Dust Proof...

Congratz....

Years
    • Seen today
    its not that overpowered, Anger point makes your attack automatically +6 if you get hit by a crit. if you survive, you can tear teams apart with it. i think he meant it lowers your own evasiveness, so you're more seceptable to attacks
    That is what he meant. Everyone knew that. It's still overpowered. Evasion rarely plays a factor. Jerme is saying that if every time the Pokemon is hit, it raises its attack and lowers its evasiveness. If the Pokemon loses evasiveness, it'll get hit again and gets more powerful and back and forth like that. A vicious circle.

I'd like to introduce you to the awesome Pokemon in my avatar...

His name is Rankurusu...

He has an ability called Dust Proof...

Congratz....

...I feel so stupid now. I completely forgot about Dust Proof.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    That is what he meant. Everyone knew that. It's still overpowered. Evasion rarely plays a factor. Jerme is saying that if every time the Pokemon is hit, it raises its attack and lowers its evasiveness. If the Pokemon loses evasiveness, it'll get hit again and gets more powerful and back and forth like that. A vicious circle.

Not if it has tiny defenses. One hit, attack increase, sure. Next hit, dead. :|

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I don't have a name for it but I would love an ability that would increase the Accuracy of moves that of the same type as the user by 25%. The name could involve genetics or something.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    i think an ability that gives STAB to non-STAB attacks the pokemon knows would be awesome, then a normal type pokemon would be just plain AWESOME (LInoone FTW!)

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    i think an ability that gives STAB to non-STAB attacks the pokemon knows would be awesome, then a normal type pokemon would be just plain AWESOME (LInoone FTW!)

So, what, an ability that boosts the power of all moves? That'd be so overpowered. Technician is bad enough with moves under 60 BP, you want it for everything? o_O

Back