• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Another Pokemon Project, but I like it

Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2010
*snip*
EDIT: 09092010

New first post! I will try to put the updates of the project goals and give a better overview of the goals of this project on this post.

The name of this project is still pending right now, so I will call it JULY since that is when I started making it.
Also please note this project is being developed using RPG Maker XP and Poccil's Pokemon Essentials Kit.

The current goals of this project are as follows:

Long Term Goals (End-Products that will not be realized for 6 months to 1 year, or upon project completion):

Completion Of All Four Regions.
Description: This means that all four regions need completion. Including: Gyms, Encounter Lists, Maps, General NPCs*, General Triggers**.
*General NPCs refers to PokeCenter or PokeMart NPCs, or other filler type NPCs. Not storyline related.
**General Triggers refers to: Doors, Elevators, Gym mechanics, Safari Mechanics, Bug Contests, Environmental Animations and things like these.
Expected Date Of Completion: approx. 1 - 2 years.

Completion Of All Pokemon Variations.
Description: All Pokemon in Project: JULY will have 4 variations per regional appearance. This means if you catch a Caterpie in Kanto, you will have found one of four 'Kanto Caterpie' variations. This wouldn't supersede the possibility of you finding a Caterpie in Johto. If you did, than the 'Johto Caterpie' would itself have four variations, making the new total for this example eight possible Caterpie variations. The system used to separate variations is primarily determined by rarity, much like the Specie Rarity system (see Completed Goals: Revamped Encounter Lists), the Specie Variation Rarity system is based primarily on rarity to find in the wild. Below is a table to better understand how the system works:
Spoiler:

Online Pokemon Trading.
Description: Eventually setting up an online trading system to allow Pokemon to be traded online between users of Project: JULY.

Short Term Goals (Goals that will be completed in less than 6 months)

Completion Of Kanto.
Description: Completing Kanto to stand alone as a viable RPG. This means that most encounter lists will be completed (likely summer and autumn, and perhaps winter), all gyms and all general triggers will be completed. This does not include storyline. Once this goal is satisfactory and finished work will begin to produce a small demonstration of said project.
Expected Date Of Completion: approx. Nov 1st.

Completion Of Common Kanto Pokemon Variations.
Description: Completing artwork of all common Kanto Pokemon. More detailed information on this below.
Expected Date Of Completion: approx. Jan 1st, 2011.

Completion Of Seasonal Kanto Encounter Lists.
Description: Completing all seasonal encounter lists. This will include: Winter,Spring,Summer,Autumn Morning/Day/Evening/Night for all land,sea,water,cave encounters.
Expected Date Of Completion: approx. Jan 1st, 2011.

Completed Goals
(Goals that have been completed and are in game working)

Time Based Encounters.*
Description: Encounters based on time of day. Currently there are 5 different times for an encounter to belong to: Morning, Day, Evening, Early-Night and Late-Night. Pokemon can be assigned to any such encounter time. The table below will help define how these are calculated:
Spoiler:

Seasonal Based Encounters.*
Description: Encounters based on time of year. There are currently 12 different seasonal variation times to calculate encounters: Early/Middle/Late Winter, Early/Middle/Late Spring, Early/Middle/Late Summer, Early/Middle/Late Autumn (Fall). Special thanks to CrazyNinjaGuy for writing the method used to calculate season. This encounter system works with the actual time of year. Here is a table describing how seasonal encounters are calculated:
Spoiler:

*Seasonal and Time based encounters are currently working together, and in no way supersede one another. What this means is each seasonal based encounter will also have a variation depending on time of day. So if your hunting Pokemon in the Early Fall you still have to account for what time it is (is it morning? daytime? evening? early night? late night?). What this means is each encounter type (land/cave/water/fishing etc.) has 60 (12x5) different possible time based variations to consider.

Revamping Experience System
Description: The experience tables have been completely redone with new formulas for each growth type. Some growth types have been totally replaced, and some added.
Editor's Notes: One of the goals of this game is to make things more difficult and long-term. For those who are seasoned RPG gamers (myself included) and have played many other RPGs or MMORPGs you will know that 100 levels is a lot of levels to have. Many games, and game variations have a much more "realistic" view of the levels, with many MMORPGs having between 50-70 levels. Some games with less, like certain versions of NeverWinterNights having just 30 levels and the last 10 being very difficult to achieve. What was done for Project: JULY is make all experience into a bell-curve growth rate, and dramatically increased the amount of exp needed to get to level 100. The purpose of this was for long-term play, and through my own research it has become obvious that past level 60 your Pokemon rarely needs to be higher level to beat most trainers, let alone wild Pokemon. An alternative would have been to make the level cap higher, but realistically level 100 is already a high number, and I have decided to compress the level gain instead of raise the amount of levels. This will also balance the way Gyms function in this game when it is complete. In short the new level 100 is now level 50-60 depending on growth type. Here is a small table representing all the growth types completed in Project: JULY (You will notice that Erratic and Fluctuating have been removed):
Spoiler:

Revamping the encounter lists
Description: This goal was conceived to increase the default Pokemon Essentials encounter chance-to-find % and include many more possibilities. The default scripted by Poccil included 12 lines for Pokemon with each line directly related to the chance-to-find rate on a given map. Also, the default minimum chance-to-find % was 1%. So at best your rarest Pokemon was still 1 in 100 chances to find it. In the revamped system I have added 50 lines for Pokemon, with many lines (the latter 25 being less than 1%) including hard to find Pokemon. In the new system the lowest chance to find a Pokemon is 0.001%, or one in 100,000. Those chances are lower than finding a shiny (which is 1 in 8192 or 0.012207% for any Pokemon).
Editor's Notes: With the new chance-to-find system it may seem as though some Pokemon will be too difficult to find. The reality is that few Pokemon will use the 0.001% slot, with many Pokemon that are "Rare" and "Very Rare" being at 0.500% (or 1 in 200) or even 0.100% (1 in 1000). Pokemon that are candidates for being less than 0.100% rare are Mew, Legendaries and other Rare Pokemon Variations (see Long Term Goals: Completing All Pokemon Variations for more information). Here is a list of the general Rarity Types defined in Project: JULY:
Spoiler:

Revamping Pokemon Lists for Pokemon Variations
Description: All Pokemon lists have been redone to include a new Pokemon Variation system. In Project: JULY there will be 4 variations of each Pokemon type per region (See Long Term Goals for more information). Since the completion of this goal it was thought needed to redo all of the Pokemon Numbers and the way they are called in scripts to allow for such a large new variety of Pokemon (See Revamping Pokedex for more information). In the default script that Poccil wrote each Pokemon had an internal name to be used in connection with all of it's statistics, abilities, evolutions etc. With the inclusion of variations this has been redone to allow each Pokemon Specie Variation to have their own unique set of statistics, moves, level they learn moves, evolutions, when they evolve, how fast they level and many other things. The foundation has been completed for work to be done on individual variations.
Editor's Notes: Since the completion of this important part of my project it has come to my attention that it will be nearly impossible for me to keep this project on any sort of timely schedule and make artistic variations to every Pokemon. Since that is the case I would like to open up this part of my project to the public. Please go here to view the job description and view it's specifications. If you like to recolor Pokemon you are encouraged to submit work if your interested in doing so, or if you have any recolors finished and would like them to appear in Project: JULY you can submit the work to Seven Dragons. The table below is related to the job position and generally describes what kind of recolors we are looking for for each Specie Variation.
Spoiler:

Revamping National and Regional Pokedex
Description: Complete a functioning Regional Pokedex. Also, the numbers have been revamped to include the Specie Variations part of the project. What this means is after each Pokedex Entry for Proper Pokemon (see Long Term Goals for more information) there will be an entry for the Distinct Variation before the next specie gets an entry. Bulbasaur will be leading the Pokedex again with entry 1, but now Charmander has entry 7 instead of 4, and Squirtal entry 13 instead of 7. This is because Proper Kanto Bulbasaur will have entry 1, while Dinstinct Kanto Bulbasaur will get entry 4. The same formula will apply to all Pokemon throughout the Pokedex. All Exotic and Recherche entries will be in Pokedex after all the main Species have made a Proper and Distinct appearance. This was done to prevent long gaps in the Pokedex since Exotic and Recherche (especially the latter) will be extremely rare with all but the Common Species, and will leave many vacant entries on all but the most industrious Pokemon Collectors. Also the new National and Regional Pokedex number system will account for all possible evolutions for each Pokemon and number them accordingly. This means that Pichu (No. 49) will be numbered just before Pikachu (No. 50). Each region that a Pokemon appears in will have all of it's possible evolutions included in that region, even if that evolution doesn't appear in the Wild. The reason for this is simple: If you catch a Kanto Specie and evolve it, it doesn't very well become a Johto Specie does it? and if it has children, it will not change regional affiliation.

Mapping Kanto Region.
Description: Completing the mapping process for all of Kanto. When complete, there is no longer any need to map rooms, overworlds, or rip certain tiles from any game. Everything is ready to be used and applied properly.

General Project Announcements:

Just Seven Talking:

Kanto mapping is nearly complete with just a few rooms I am putting off until I get the proper tiles or time to do the triggers. As of this writing the only things left are Silver Cave F2, F3 and 2 Interior Cave-Rooms (waiting to find some nice "silver" tiles I will use later. Also Inigo Plateu interiors are not done because I know they will be trigger heavy and will do them when I finish all of the Gyms in Kanto. Another thing that needs to be done is the Safari, and it's not because it's too time consuming. I want to do something different and special with the Safaris in my project, so I will put them off until it's time to tackle that entire feature at once instead of just the maps.

I am working on placing Pokemon on the routes right now, which I actually would like some help and input with. Since there are so many time/seasonal variables I am just doing kind of a 'blanket' system and then make more and more tweaks to it once I figure out how I want the seasons and times to play into the game. One idea I have is actually mapping out some kind of migration system for most of the species so they appear properly at different times of the year. For instance, Caterpie doesn't appear in the winter at all, and makes it's first appearance Late Spring at low levels. It's found in greater numbers during the Day-Time. It's level increases and it's last evolution continues to grow in numbers in the coming months until Early Autumn when it dissapears until next Spring, while Weedle makes it's appearance from Early Autumn to Early Winter.

That is just one Pokemon, and you can see how one person might get overwhelmed with thinking about this sort of thing with every Pokemon. Needlesss to say it's a lot of fun and this feature will not be taken out, but it may be some time before it's full potential is realized.

About Beta Testing:

Ok I know I mentioned somewhere on this thread about a Beta-Test. I want to do one, but in reality it's really an "Alpha-Test". I would like to finish more things and get a demo out in the next few months to stir enough interest in this project to get some more help with it before anything official. If you are interested in Alpha Testing please get a hold of me with your Instant Messenger contact so we can talk in person before I give out any more Beta/Alpha-Copys of my project.

Thanks Everyone!
-Jake

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2010
goodluck! I'm sure you'll do it!

Hey thanks.

Is there anybody who would be interested in this? I am nearly done with the overworld of Kanto and would like somebody to help me test it, always nice to have another pair of eyes. Anybody interested?

Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2010
A few odds and ends

*snip*

This post was updated. It used to show a megaupload URL but I had the URL removed.

In contrast I will have a small update to my project (without using a new post).

I have Kanto Overworld 99.5% complete (still need to make Mt.Silver and Route 28 which I am putting off). Kanto Interiors are around 75% done. Npcs are 5% done or so (will be working on Gyms primarily).

In other news, I will be making a better project announcement sometime later and asking to recruit just a few people to help out with odds and ends.

Things I am looking for:

PR dude

Your job function will be directly related to the title. Public Relations. Making better forum threads than this one, and just a few things like that.
Requirements: Must have excellent spelling and grammar. Must be able to communicate effectively to the everyday person. That's about it.

Pixel Artist Critique

Your job function will be critiquing my attempt to pixelate. I have primarily only done minor things (numbers, doors, animations). But I am not good at rating my own things, in fact most of the time I think they look good and given my lack of experience that should probably be impossible.

That's really about it for now, aside from asking a billionare to fund the project and for somebody with a phd in computer science to hop on my Pokemon team.

Thanks!

-Jake

UPDATE: August 23, 2010

I have made a post in the proper thread for team recruitment here:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=6098621#post6098621

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2015
sounds AWESOME! :D i'll test out stuff for ya, if you need me.

EDIT: will we get a master ball from each generation, and an eevee from every generation except III? also, will we play through Kanto, then Johto, then Kanto again, like the games? and what about version exclusive pokes? and will the Gen. II part be based off of Crystal, or Gold & Silver? (damn that's alot of questions...)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2010
sounds AWESOME! :D i'll test out stuff for ya, if you need me.

EDIT: will we get a master ball from each generation, and an eevee from every generation except III? also, will we play through Kanto, then Johto, then Kanto again, like the games? and what about version exclusive pokes? and will the Gen. II part be based off of Crystal, or Gold & Silver? (damn that's alot of questions...)

Sorry about the late reply. I did not get a chance to read this post after your edit, so I read what you said first and never read your questions!

"Will we get a master ball from each generation".

To be totally honest I haven't thought about it until now. It would be premature for me to say yes or no. But given my personality I enjoy a lot of content. I will have to do some research on the Master Ball and how it's used in the games. *
*A little fact about me. I'll keep it short and sweet so as not to detract from replying to your other questions: I have never played a Pokemon game by Nintendo.

"and an Eevee from every generation except III?"

I am really not sure. From what I've read, you get an Eevee in generation three.

My goals for this game are changing just a bit. I know I originally said it was going to be a complete game remake of the originals, but I don't think I will remake the storyline. In fact storyline right now is totally up in the air, I am focusing on gameplay and the RPG aspects. With all that said, I would like each of the Pokemon to have a "locale" or place they are from, and if you goto that locale you have a % chance of finding that Pokemon, even Eevee. So potentially you could have more than one in this game.

"will we play through Kanto, then Johto, then Kanto again, like the games?"

I cannot be entirely certain about that. My goal for the game is going to be freedom. There will be a small pseudo storyline for the character to complete at least 2 gyms in the beginning, then once he reaches Vermilion I want him to have access to any other region's ports.

"and what about version exclusive pokes?"

Version exclusive Pokemon will be totally irrelevant in this game. I will not recognize version specific Pokemon to be exclusive to that version. I plan on putting every and all Pokemon into my game one day.

For example: In Viridian Forest it is possible to catch both Caterpie and Weedle equally. As well as catching Kakuna and Metapod equally. I am taking each version and merging them. The goal of the game in that aspect is to take the Pokemon universe and compress it into one game.

"and will the Gen. II part be based off of Crystal, or Gold & Silver?"

I am trying to work some of those things out now. Seeing as I have only started doing a few Gen. II things so far (Route 26,27) I have really just tried to recreate them with Gen. III flare as closely as possible. However... even though my first post says differently I am finding it hard to 'follow the rules' and not embellish anything while doing this. My embellishments however are hardly noticeable... but that may change the more I begin to remake Johto. So to answer your question directly: I'm not sure yet.

I have decided to thoroughly finish Kanto before starting Johto. I want Kanto to be a complete RPG minus the storyline. That is to say, the entire foundation for making a game will be there. All gyms will functions, all exteriors/interiors complete. All badges done, all graphics put in, all triggers (aside from quests/storyline) will be done first. Then I will goto Johto and start the process over again (I am really looking forward to making the Johto region).

Those were a lot of questions but that's totally cool with me! I like questions!

Orangturttle

Magikarp MASTER!
Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2012
I have a few questions...
When do you think this will be completed?
When do you think Kanto will be completed?
Are you looking for people to test Kanto?
Are the trainers going to be in?
Are you going to do the Enemy teams? [ie. Team Rocket, Magma, Aqua.. etc.]
Are you going to make the Beginning story plot? Like, You get to chose a starter in each region?
Can I suggest something?
Maybe, you could have them have to walk through the hole thing in order [Pallet, to Viridian, to Pewter, to Mt. Moon, to Cerulean, to Vermillion.. etc.]
You don't HAVE to do the gyms, they're optional [I guess from what I read] and instead of at the end of Indigo Plateau you having to face the E4. You go into the door, and it's an airport?
I don't know, from what I see, if Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh, are all in relation like that, I think it would take quite awhile to sail there so quickly, I don't know.. Maybe you're not making it real relations.
I don't know, its up to you.

Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2010
I have a few questions...
When do you think this will be completed?
When do you think Kanto will be completed?
Are you looking for people to test Kanto?
Are the trainers going to be in?
Are you going to do the Enemy teams? [ie. Team Rocket, Magma, Aqua.. etc.]
Are you going to make the Beginning story plot? Like, You get to chose a starter in each region?
Can I suggest something?
Maybe, you could have them have to walk through the hole thing in order [Pallet, to Viridian, to Pewter, to Mt. Moon, to Cerulean, to Vermillion.. etc.]
You don't HAVE to do the gyms, they're optional [I guess from what I read] and instead of at the end of Indigo Plateau you having to face the E4. You go into the door, and it's an airport?
I don't know, from what I see, if Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh, are all in relation like that, I think it would take quite awhile to sail there so quickly, I don't know.. Maybe you're not making it real relations.
I don't know, its up to you.

Hi thanks for your questions!

"When do you think this will be completed?"

Realistically I don't think it will be completed for a year. Doing all of the regions will just take a lot of time to do. That is also one of the reasons I decided to finish Kanto first, so at least I will be completing a region for gameplay rather than spreading myself too thin with a lot to do in every region.

"When do you think Kanto will be completed?"

To be honest, it would be done by now if I didn't get a new job and have to work like a maniac everyday. I haven't done any work on the project at all for the last 2 days because I have been so exhausted. Tonight I will be finishing up Celadon in all it's glory. Finishing up the Team Rocket hideout and the gym there. After that the last city for me to do is Cinnabar and then I will just have a few pretty good sized caves like seafoam island and the cave by Cerulean and another by Route 10. Power Plant needs to get done which shouldn't take more than an hour or so.

That's just off the top of my head. I will probably do one final look through Kanto and make sure I didn't miss any interiors like a stray house here or there. The underground passages underneath Saffron City needs to get done too. But that is really it. Everything else is done. I will say that Sliph Co. took me a day and a half though, that place is freaking huge. And I have been ripping all my own tiles for the interior so it takes longer, and I have been setting up triggers for various things I want to work (like the elevator in Sliph Co. and Celadon Dept. Store).

I have no idea how long it will take to place NPCs. At this point, I am torn between actually coming up with some kind of quest or just making some filler NPCs for now and leaving that part until last when I have Johto completed. I will probably do the latter, seeing as I am not inclined to implement a story just yet. I have the NPCs completed in Pallet, Viridian and Pewter but they are mostly filler except Prof Oak and a few others I had some fun with.

I need to finish Route 28 and Mt. Silver. Only reason I have put these things off until later is because I am so focused on interiors right now I don't feel like switching gears. Also, since Mt. Silver only appears in a few games I want to make sure I do it right, so I will need to do some research and make sure I have all the resources I want before recreating it. I know that Red reappears at the top and he has level 80ish Pokemon, considered to be the highest level trainer battle in Pokemon history. I want to do that whole thing right. And I am also looking into the possibility of adding "Silver Town" which is a place only shown in the anime near Mt. Silver.

Kanto encounters are almost done, but I have put them off until later.

I have revamped the exp system a bit to my tastes and that still needs to get finished (only calculated to level 20 :P)

"Are you looking for people to test Kanto?"

Yes and no. Yes I want somebody to test my game, but I decided I'm not willing to have anybody test anything until it's fleshed out enough to entertain somebody to hold their attention. Testing maps with not much of anything to do except making sure I set the terrain tags properly is really something I am doing myself for now.

"Are the trainers going to be in?"

Yes! Trainers are going to be in the game! I have already finished several trainer battles and setup a fully functioning Gym.

"Are you going to do the Enemy teams?"

I probably will. But this isn't really a priority at all, it's more related to storyline.

"Are you going to make the Beginning story plot? Like, You get to chose a starter in each region?"

The beginning is already finished! It's nothing deep. Your usual Pokemon beginning. I have plans to make it much more elaborate, but what I have now is sufficient. You choose a starter from Kanto (seeing as that's all I have done so far). In the future I'd love for you to choose more starter Poke when those regions become completed.

As for your final statements, I am trying to find a balance between freedom and an RPG styled linearity where you 'discover' towns and cities as you get stronger. I want freedom, but I also want that feeling of 'new access' based on your level or ability to fight well etc. I haven't really put that part of the system together just yet, but I know what I want and have already planned for it.

Yes the gyms are optional but they are actually something I really like. So I am definitely putting them in. With badges from every gym.

I think that's it for now! Thanks for you questions I'm off to finish Celadon!

ConCept

Foreigner Productions
Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2011
Great project! If you happen to need a region mapping or some specific graphic to be done, give me a call. I'll be more than eager to help you with that.

Orangturttle

Magikarp MASTER!
Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2012
Spoiler:

Thank you for taking the time to answer all of my questions!
This is really something I'm waiting for, there are a few pokemon projects that I'm watching right now, but this.. this one seems like its got real potential! Good luck! I can't wait!

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
Years
I have to say, when I saw your first post, I was kinda like "eh", but from your answers to questions people have been asking...it actually sounds like a pretty cool project! I think I misunderstood what the concept behind this project was - I was under the impression that it was just going to be a pure remake of all four generations, so it would just be like playing red, and then silver, and then ruby, and then diamond, all in a row. anyway, I think the parts that really caught my attention were:

I am trying to find a balance between freedom and an RPG styled linearity where you 'discover' towns and cities as you get stronger. I want freedom, but I also want that feeling of 'new access' based on your level or ability to fight well etc. I haven't really put that part of the system together just yet, but I know what I want and have already planned for it.

and

There will be a small pseudo storyline for the character to complete at least 2 gyms in the beginning, then once he reaches Vermilion I want him to have access to any other region's ports.

sounds excellent, dude! from what you've given us, it sounds like it will be a much more organic experience to play - none of that "hey I'm a new trainer, time to travel -- oh, but I can only stay in this one particular region for no particular reason". anyway, good luck making this! I look forward to seeing more progress :)

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
At first, I was like, "oh, not again," but then I saw how reasonable and down-to-earth you're being, not to mention how much work you've already done, and now I'm actually very hopeful! Keep in mind, the non-linearity of what you're planning to do is probably going to make it a challenge to keep the game balanced; you could conceivably run through Johto and then go back and be 40 levels higher than the Kanto gyms, never mind Hoenn. I mean, I'm pretty sure there's a way to scale levels (which would be much cooler, but certainly a challenge to script.)

Hm. And, uh. I didn't read through the entirety of your posts because I'm lazy, but did you say we'll be able to capture all 365-some Pokemon? That would be excellent.

You said you needed someone to take a look at your pixels, right? I'm somewhat of a decent spriter, so I could give you some advice. PM me or (ideally) add me on MSN; I'm [email protected].

Keep going!

Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to answer all of my questions!
This is really something I'm waiting for, there are a few pokemon projects that I'm watching right now, but this.. this one seems like its got real potential! Good luck! I can't wait!

Thanks! I hope it keeps it's potential in the coming months!

At first, I was like, "oh, not again," but then I saw how reasonable and down-to-earth you're being, not to mention how much work you've already done, and now I'm actually very hopeful! Keep in mind, the non-linearity of what you're planning to do is probably going to make it a challenge to keep the game balanced; you could conceivably run through Johto and then go back and be 40 levels higher than the Kanto gyms, never mind Hoenn. I mean, I'm pretty sure there's a way to scale levels (which would be much cooler, but certainly a challenge to script.)

You said you needed someone to take a look at your pixels, right? I'm somewhat of a decent spriter, so I could give you some advice. PM me or (ideally) add me on MSN; I'm [email protected].

Keep going!

Thanks! I really appreciate that. I am trying to be realistic about the project because I am serious about finishing it. I didn't start this without a good idea how long it would take to complete :) I will add you today!

"Hm. And, uh. I didn't read through the entirety of your posts because I'm lazy, but did you say we'll be able to capture all 365-some Pokemon? That would be excellent."

Yes I do plan on adding them all in time. However, because of the way I am doing this project it will probably be very far off until every Pokemon is actually added. I want to make Legendaries actually Legendary and Poke like Mew or Mewtwo will not be your run of the mill Poke to catch. So I will certainly be adding everything in due time, and properly.

sounds excellent, dude! from what you've given us, it sounds like it will be a much more organic experience to play - none of that "hey I'm a new trainer, time to travel -- oh, but I can only stay in this one particular region for no particular reason". anyway, good luck making this! I look forward to seeing more progress

Hey thanks! About what you said about travel, I certainly would like you to be able to travel around. Even if you only have access to 50% of the region to start, with 4 regions that's a pretty good amount of starting area.

Great project! If you happen to need a region mapping or some specific graphic to be done, give me a call. I'll be more than eager to help you with that.

Certainly! I may be in need of your skills. I haven't made a region map just yet, but I do have a lot of resources at my disposal including a tile pallet with 16x16 tiles for region creation. I haven't actually dived into Poccil's script for region specific maps and region pokedex just yet but I know it's there (I've seen the script for it). I think the closer to finishing Johto which will probably be a couple months since I am working like crazy lately I will be more interested in getting the region play smoothed out including maps.

A small update on my project:

Cinnabar is finished! I wish I could have done it sooner but I have been working T_T

I have the entire day off today! (yay) and I will be racing against the clock today to finish all Kanto interiors and exteriors (if possible). I have 12 hours so we will see what I can do with that time! I only have caves and a few houses left, which by the looks will take about 15 minutes per house and maybe a couple hours per cave.

Thanks everybody for the luck you wished me! I will try not to let anybody down with this project, I'm trying to spend a little bit of time everyday to make progress even if I'm working so things are steady even if slow right at this moment.

Your support is appreciated!

Last edited:

Pokeman298

Life knows not right nor wrong
Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2011
this looks interesting, and it shall truly be an accomplishment if finished. good luck!!!

Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2010
if you need a beta tester, send me a pm!!

I will! I don't think I will start beta testing for a bit. I want to add some more gameplay content first but I will definitely keep you mind!

i'd like to help with the game! :)

Ok! Just send me a PM and we'll discuss arrangements. :)

this looks interesting, and it shall truly be an accomplishment if finished. good luck!!!

Thank you! Very much appreciated!

There is one snag I am going to hit sooner rather than later in this project. And that is the so-called 999 map limit. I don't know if this limit is real, but if it is I will hit 999 maps probably before I finish Johto. If this happens I will not be able to put the other regions into the game until I can find a way around this limit. Does anybody know anything about this? All information is appreciated!

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2010
I have been working on Pokemon MMORPGs and if you want to give the player freedom without having to beat a gym or something, you could just raise the levels of the pokemons leading in the different directions so that the player wouldnt "forced" to go against the low lvls - but still have the option to try on the high lvls even tho he/she wouldnt get far.

Also, please PM me and I'll give you my msn, i've something to ask - and discuss - (with) you :)

Mirby

Big ol' nerd
Years
OHAI THAR THREAD!

I think I have something to do with this.

Should be fun to help out with this; my knowledge coming in handy for once will be a welcome change.

Back