• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Real-time weather

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
Years
  • In the recent demo, the route on which it took place was rainy. The same forest entrance was seen in an earlier screenshot, and it wasn't raining.

forestentrance.png

This leads me to believe that rain or other types of weather will be remote in this game, occuring at random moments, like real life. In previous games, there were only certain areas to display outside weather effects, and they were permanent. Discuss.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • It would be cool if they had some kind of feature where you can get weather for your zip code over wifi, maybe a whole weeks forecast at a time?

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
  • I'd rather have it be random. Just because it's raining outside doesn't mean that I necessarily want it raining in my pokemon game. I'd like real time weather. It makes it different every time you revisit a route.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • No I want snow!
    It's better snow in Singapore nao if it affects certain countries D: <

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Considering it's really easy to do random weather (read: possible since field weather was created in Gen III), it's possible they'll do this. Or, that weather thing could just be an event or have been changed since the screenshot was made.

incognito322

let's look towards the future!
    Years
  • Well in the demo it seemed like the rain was actually posing an issue (isshu XD).
    Towards the end of the video showing the demo, you can see Prof. Araragi looking out towards a flooded basin with a row of pillars going forward through the water.

This makes me think that at a certain point in the game you are unable to get through the forest, as the bridge might be submerged. That's my take on it.

Years
  • I would like real weather to be an option with random weather being the default. This would add a more realistic weather system.

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
    Years
  • I don't think that it will be random.
    I think it will have specific timeon specific day that it will rain.

Years
  • I think it would be cool if we got the whole animal crossing ds effect, random weather depending on the season, but of course in a pokemon game. That would definitely make things more exciting. If this is true, do you guys think that mean the pokemon appearance chances will change every day with the weather?

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    Sounds pretty cool to me.
    I would like it to be random like in real life,were rain can happen at any moment.
    I can see this happening :)

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • I like the idea of weather actually based off of what's happening where you live in the real world, but even then, sometimes whether should occur randomly sometimes and/or there should be a few routes that are always under certain weather, that way people who live in Florida can still get ice type pokemon.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I would like them to insert a weather forecast for Isshu, showing the clouds,etc in a certain area, like a radar ;) Then the weather will be different everyday!

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I would like them to insert a weather forecast for Isshu, showing the clouds,etc in a certain area, like a radar ;) Then the weather will be different everyday!

And somehow this reminds me of the Weather Institute in Hoenn, and people will use it as an reference to having a Hoenn remake -Throws confetti-

I'd not mind a weather institute in Isshu, with Castform having more forms maybe, or an evolution?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • And somehow this reminds me of the Weather Institute in Hoenn, and people will use it as an reference to having a Hoenn remake -Throws confetti-

I'd not mind a weather institute in Isshu, with Castform having more forms maybe, or an evolution?
    Lol, Me neither, didn't they have a lady in DP how worked for the institute? Maybe Isshu will have one who gives you a Weather addition or device to you called "Weather Radar" ;).
    I would love a Castform Evo :D!

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • Wasn't there supposed to be a weather indicator in battle now as well? On the bottom screen? That could be an indication that weather will have a larger role this time.

battlemenu.png

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Wasn't there supposed to be a weather indicator in battle now as well? On the bottom screen? That could be an indication that weather will have a larger role this time.

battlemenu.png

I guess so but I guess it's there cos' the "It's Raining" thing have gotten on the nerve of many people now.

(&. Yay! 300th post!)

Back