• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Real-time weather

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • I think they will truly update the weather system at least I hope they do, they began it in gen 3 and added to it in gen 4 and I hope for gen 5 to have a major addition ;)

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Which is an excellent point ... The DS can tell days afterall, so it shouldnt be too hard.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    The Weather

Before you go "OMG! Another Speculation about new weather" stop and read.

I wanna know what you think the weather will be like during each season,on each route,in each town, exc. exc. ^_^

Im hoping its gonna be a little more realistic and rains on a few random days of the week, and during the winter theres snow every day to every other day

while i think the fog should come into play during the early mornin, between 4-6am, especially in the big cities like Huinn.

the mountains will definitely have snow/hail, or at least the 2big snow covered ones ^_^

so watcha think people? wat is Isshus climate?

Unknown Trainer

The one and only! =)
    Years
  • I like your idea!! =)
    Although I was kinda surprised that HG/SS didn't have fog but meh it didn't really bother me. I'd like so see the sun get harsh during the summer season in some areas.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I like your idea!! =)
    Although I was kinda surprised that HG/SS didn't have fog but meh it didn't really bother me. I'd like so see the sun get harsh during the summer season in some areas.

thank you mate,i thought it would be refreshin,to talk bout something we already know,yet dont know ^_^

so was i, brilliant XD i can see that especially near the beaches :)

Unknown Trainer

The one and only! =)
    Years
  • thank you mate,i thought it would be refreshin,to talk bout something we already know,yet dont know ^_^

so was i, brilliant XD i can see that especially near the beaches :)

I am kinda wondering what they will use for the fall season that is if they are going to add any weather to it at all. It be cool if they did though =)

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I am kinda wondering what they will use for the fall season that is if they are going to add any weather to it at all. It be cool if they did though =)

probably rain since it fall has the most rain usually :)
    it not: Windy would be a nice addition, & it would make flying takes accuracy lower a lil& make it unable to use Fly, or Bounce

Unknown Trainer

The one and only! =)
    Years
  • probably rain since it fall has the most rain usually :)
    it not: Windy would be a nice addition, & it would make flying takes accuracy lower a lil& make it unable to use Fly, or Bounce

That's another good idea lol Really? well I thought rain will belong more around spring/summer so I didn't want to place it in fall.

Years
  • probably rain since it fall has the most rain usually :)
    Well I would like it if Windy made those attacks faster like Sunny day with Solar beam...though it is a good Idea :)

Years
  • Before you go "OMG! Another Speculation about new weather" stop and read.

I wanna know what you think the weather will be like during each season,on each route,in each town, exc. exc. ^_^

Im hoping its gonna be a little more realistic and rains on a few random days of the week, and during the winter theres snow every day to every other day

while i think the fog should come into play during the early mornin, between 4-6am, especially in the big cities like Huinn.

the mountains will definitely have snow/hail, or at least the 2big snow covered ones ^_^

so watcha think people? wat is Isshus climate?
    Actually the other weather threads are disscussing the Seasons and weathers on each route too :P
    Well I like the idea of having weather in each town...I don't beleive we have ever had any real weather not counting Hoenn as that region had the whole Kyogre vs Groudon thing, and Snowpoint :P.

incognito322

let's look towards the future!
    Years
  • ...only the games were more realistic stating that the weather came and went, because it wouldn't be normal for weather to stay the same for prolonged amounts of time.

With seasons involved, I wouldn't be surprised if natural weather took a stance, too, though I'm sure some places would get less/more rain and such. I'm not sure there will be a natural pattern, but I think weather will be more widespread, taking place in towns and cities now.

Years
  • ...only the games were more realistic stating that the weather came and went, because it wouldn't be normal for weather to stay the same for prolonged amounts of time.

With seasons involved, I wouldn't be surprised if natural weather took a stance, too, though I'm sure some places would get less/more rain and such. I'm not sure there will be a natural pattern, but I think weather will be more widespread, taking place in towns and cities now.
    I think so too, the constant rain some routes are odd...wouldn't it flood over time...

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
  • Although a true forecast would be fun, what about people without wi-fi? Will their game just be a "dry" experience? And what about people in places where it doesn't snow? Just to many holes in that scenario... but it is a good idea all together. Maybe they can make a wi-fi plaza like thing but in the overworld and takes your weather and has more interactions with international trainers :D

incognito322

let's look towards the future!
    Years
  • Actually, concerning the weather... the Sinnoh that Brazilians experience gets the same snow as the Sinnoh that Americans experience. Weather doesn't correspond to the player's world, but the game world. (same with the seasons, IMO) And since Isshu is temperate, we can be sure to see all of the previous weather conditions, and maybe more... *crosses fingers for wind-storm type thing*

Sage Harpuia

Hey, listen
    Years
  • I like the idea of different weather possibilities in the same route, but I prefer to be activated thanks to the season feature that (hopefully) will be in: for example in winter more rain and snow on mountain, in summer harsh sun on south...

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    That would be cool if they had it, I wonder what country weather they would imitate though.

Back