• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen A new Cast.. form?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olliee

Spreading the Pokerus. PM me
Years
  • Okay so I was thinking about this earlier, and It became apparent that it is completely possible that with this new weather system that we may get a new Castform weather change.

Is it possible that we could get new castform changes? sandstorm castform? Thunderstorm castform?

What do you guys think? :o

Castform_Forms_by_ShinyUmbreon.png

Last edited:

Cacttus

Sigh
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2016
    You'll need to upload those files on like photobucket or some other photo sharing site.

I also doubt there will be a new Castform seeing how it already changes to what looks like rain,sun and some type of storm (most likely snow) which is really the major storms people usually get.

Olliee

Years
  • I wasn't necessarily reffering to castform evolving as such, just wondering if we could get any more forms of its ability :o

Mirby

Big ol' nerd
    Years
  • Well I just think a new evo would be cool. Everytime Porygon's appeared in a new region, he's earned a new evo. I thought it could apply to Castform as well.

Eh, no matter. More forms would be cool.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    They'll have to give Castform a generic Rock attack AND Sandstorm if it were to have a Sandstorm form.

Shikijika seems to be the new Castform for Black and White so I doubt it'll get any love this late since it's release.

Olliee

Years
  • They'll have to give Castform a generic Rock attack AND Sandstorm if it were to have a Sandstorm form.

Shikijika seems to be the new Castform for Black and White so I doubt it'll get any love this late since it's release.

We'll have to see what happens I guess! :3

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    A sandstorm isn't weather...

Its considered a weather altering attack.

"A dust storm or sandstorm is a meteorological phenomenon common in arid and semi-arid regions. Dust storms arise when a gust front blows loose sand and dust from a dry surface. Particles are transported by saltation and suspension, causing soil erosion from one place and deposition in another. ..."

Googled Sandstorm.

It is a weather phenomenon. Found mostly in arid locations like a desert. Since its too localized, I guess you can rule it out as conventional weather, but it is still a weather based phenomenon.

EDIT: In other news: Castform wouldn't even be available until after the national dex so this really seems highly unlikely unless they have extra stuff for the main story or even a side story after you attain the National Dex in game. At that point, the game's actual play though is officially over and you just get the out of region Pokemon spawned all over the place. Castform getting a new form would prolly be something that would have to be introduced before but who knows.

Last edited:

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    They'll have to give Castform a generic Rock attack AND Sandstorm if it were to have a Sandstorm form.

Rock throw at Lv.10 and Sandstorm at Lv.20. Boom. Now, what would it look like? A yellow/brown bubble for it's head, or just something swirly?

myrrh25

New account soon.
    Years
  • EDIT: In other news: Castform wouldn't even be available until after the national dex so this really seems highly unlikely unless they have extra stuff for the main story or even a side story after you attain the National Dex in game. At that point, the game's actual play though is officially over and you just get the out of region Pokemon spawned all over the place. Castform getting a new form would prolly be something that would have to be introduced before but who knows.

Luvdisc got an evolution though, didn't it? And you won't get Luvdisc until after the main storyline :P

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • Luvdisc got an evolution though, didn't it? And you won't get Luvdisc until after the main storyline :P
    This is not 100% true. Nobody has confirmed that it's a Luvdisc evo yet. That's just the assumption everyone has gone with. Makes sense, yes, but nobody can be certain sure yet.

Arolu

Time to cut some slack...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2010
    I couldn't understand why they didn't make a separate Castform form for Sandstorm. I'd certainly like to see that in Black and White.

I agree with this; there should be a Sand Form. Although, it's understandable why there isn't; all the other Form's are based off weather conditions while a Sandstorm is a natural disaster (or something like that...)

Olliee

Years
  • I agree with this; there should be a Sand Form. Although, it's understandable why there isn't; all the other Form's are based off weather conditions while a Sandstorm is a natural disaster (or something like that...)

I agree, but I am also pretty confident that sandstorm will be part of the weather change thing we have now.

Tyxomm

Akimoto-Kenta
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2010
    I couldn't understand why they didn't make a separate Castform form for Sandstorm. I'd certainly like to see that in Black and White.
    Lol,. I also think he should have a sandstorm form.
    Sunny Day - form
    Rain Dance - form
    Hail - form
    All those weathers effects are causable by pokemon attack.
    So IMO sandstorm should also have it's form.
    And a Fog form would also be nice.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    This is not 100% true. Nobody has confirmed that it's a Luvdisc evo yet. That's just the assumption everyone has gone with. Makes sense, yes, but nobody can be certain sure yet.
    Yes thank you. Mamebou (however you spell it) isn't confirmed as an evolution. It could be a single stage or the evolved form of another fish not yet released. Since they have yet to release an evolutionary form to an existing line pre Gen 5, we don't even know if there are any evolutions in this one. If they do the whole reset idea, there may not be any new evolutions or preevolutions from the previous generations at all. (prays and hopes)

Lol,. I also think he should have a sandstorm form.
    Sunny Day - form
    Rain Dance - form
    Hail - form
    All those weathers effects are causable by pokemon attack.
    So IMO sandstorm should also have it's form.
    And a Fog form would also be nice.

There is no move to make Fog so that one is highly unlikely until they add a move for it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back