• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My new deck

Years
  • I finally bought Nightfall at Wal*Mart and here is my deck.
    Pokemon: 25
    2-2-1 Metagross
    3-2 Umbreon
    2 Skarmory
    2-2 Stuntank
    3-2 Lairon
    2 Mawile
    2 Sableye
    Trainers: 14
    Switch x2
    Pokemon Communication x2
    Burned Tower x1
    Full Heal x2
    Energy Exchanger x2
    Interviewer's Questions x2
    Sage's Training x2
    Flower Shop Lady x1
    Energies: 18
    Metal Energies x11
    Darkness Energies x7

My strategy is to try and get my Pokemon in my hand to evolve (except for Skarmory, Mawile, and Sableye) Then if i am low on like Energies or Pokemon or trainers i use Sableye to stock up on stuff. Then i use either Umbreon or Stuntank to kill the basics or sometimes the stage 1s. If the opponent send out a hard stage 1 or stage 2. I try to get out Metagross as fast as i can and kill him with Quad Smash.From Nightfall I just took out the two Houndoors and put in a Flower Shop lady and a reverse Skarmory that i got from the booster pack. If you can comment please do and yes i do need a prime or legend. I am trying to get one so don't be "Trollin" around saying "oh you forgot to put in a legend or a prime like Umbreon prime or Scizor prime."

Last edited:
    Years
  • Honestly, you should look into acquiring Bebe's Search, since it can be used to swap anything that's in your hand (except itself) for a Pokemon in your deck.

That's all I've got at the moment, since I'm not really in a state of mind to rate and review decks right now.

Years
  • But that's the same thing as Pokemon communication. Besides I am only using HS cards and its not legal in leagues or tournemants. Right?

It's not the same because you can swap ANY card, not just a Pokemon. And it is tournament legal. Any set printed after Majestic Dawn, as well as Majestic Dawn, is tournament legal until at least the 2011 World Championships. Bebe's Search was reprinted in Rising Rivals, so it's still tournament legal. A card like Bebe's Search could really help your deck. You need all sorts of draw power. I also recommend adding in a few Pokemon Collector.

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2010
    Wouldn't have to trade for Bebe's. Bebe's Search is one of the cards you get get in season...6 I believe. Bebe's is really cheap though. I think they're like 2 bucks maximum, and it's not that hard to find them for 1. Any store on the street that sells cards generally has that for the going price. Something worth mentioning though...

Isn't this the actual starter deck? Like straight up?

Back