• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4Kids or TPCI?

Which dub do you like best?

• 4Kids

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • TPCI

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I saw this on Serebii and I just had to bring the disscusion here :)

So basically, which Dub do you think was better with the Pokémon anime? 4Kids or The Pokemon Company International!? Which had the better voice actors? Better writers? Etc...

For those who don't know:
    4Kids - Dubbed seasons 1-8
    TPCI/PUSA - Currently has been dubbing pokémon since season 9 (Battle frontier)

I refer to them as seasons since, we are disscusing the dub and, thats what they are and what most people who don't watch the japanese episode refer to it!....

Im my honest opinion I thought 4Kids did a really good job on dubbing Pokémon (They seemed to ruin every other Anime) I also really liked the voice actors much more and the theme songs xD Don't get me wrong I think TPCI is doing a great job and I love watching their dub's, but I liked 4Kids much more!

Last edited:

Krizor

Evil Genius
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    I liked the 4kids voice actors too, but I prefer TPCI's writing since I enjoyed DP more than any other saga, so I go with them.

They both lose in the openings category, though. I prefer the Japanese ones.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Hmm, It wasn't too much of a loss for me when the voice actors changed really. And I still remember the sort of censorship 4Kids placed on Pokemon. I've honestly liked PUSA dubbing much more.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2011
    I think 4kids did a great job on voice acting for the characters but I disliked there editing anime to suit the children, But I like it when anime is not edited so TPCI gets my vote for doing great job at voice acting and also the sinnoh arc movies aswell and looking forward to seeing the 13th pokemon movie and b/w anime series.

Years
  • I like 4Kids' voices better but PUSA's dubbng is much better. I would have liked a blend of both from the very start, with 4Kids' doing the voices but PUSA doing the dubbing.
    TPCi tried its best, 4kids has their good voice actors under contract,

TPCi all the way. I was glad to be rid of all the pointless edits, awful voice acting, and overall bad dubbing. There really was no need to throw in a badly edited sandwich to replace a riceball. 4kids gave the characters awful dialogue. I'd prefer TPCi's bland dialogue to all of 4kid's stupid puns. 4kids did alright when it came to the main characters' voices, but most others sounded like garbage. Why did they feel a need to use stereotypical Australian, English, and Southern accents?

And let's not forgot all the errors they made regarding the games mechanics. They hardly knew a single thing about the franchise they were dubbing, other than Arbok evolving into Seviper.

Surely you guys chose 4kids either because you really hate the new voices, or that you just want to give them props for giving you a wonderful childhood.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2010
    4kids has overall better voices in general and I love their openings.
    PUSA, on the other hand, doesn't have that pointless editing like 4kids or that cliché dialogue.

I really like what PUSA did with pokemon but 4kids will always win since they have the nostalgia factor.

Yoshikachu

Bring on the R/S/E remakes!
    Years
  • 4Kids were great at doing the dubbing (except the first season) and PUSA's voice actors never fail to make me cringe and make me embarrased to watch it and PUSA have AWFUL theme songs, they only changed it as they were too cheap to keep the old voice actors D:

Last edited:
    Years

• And let's not forgot all the errors they made regarding the games mechanics. They hardly knew a single thing about the franchise they were dubbing, other than Arbok evolving into Seviper.

Yeah. You'd think they would have done some research on the franchise, especially when it comes to the Trainers' Choices. Did they think Jessie's Arbok had evolved into Seviper and just forgot that Arbok had left a few episodes earlier or were they just being stupid. Either way, I bet 4Kids get a lot of slack because of that and they will never be able to live it down.

Surely you guys chose 4kids either because you really hate the new voices, or that you just want to give them props for giving you a wonderful childhood.

Like I said, I like 4Kids' for the voices but PUSA has good voices too and I prefer PUSA's dubbing much better than 4Kid's pointless editing and censoring, etc. 4Kids' even changed the whole plot for Pokemon Heroes for some reason and made a lot of errors in their dubbing like Brock saying he once had a Ninetales and others.

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
  • I think just based on voice acting TPCI is better the battle frontier voice acting was horrible but all of diamond and pearl had really really good voice acting

On story lines TPCI was better also so i voted for TCPI

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • I have never liked 4Kids in my life, but I have to choose them. I haven't really been watching TPCI ones. I hate censorship. James was right... 4Kids are the Devil.

GlalieX

Ruler of Illusion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2012
    Both. I hated the original transition to TPCI, but they ended up getting the voices changed to where I liked them again, namely at the start of the Diamond and Pearl series. I liked the Kanto Battle Frontier series, but the voices really sucked, especially Ash's and May's.

Back