• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Celebi and the GS ball (10+)

PokemasterGS

I haz teh awesome.
Years
  • This is my first story and second post. It is a short story about the secret of the GS ball.
    (Although the creators of Pokemon have revealed that Celebi was supposed to be in the GS ball, this is in a alternate universe to the anime and this is not the case)

I will post the short prologue first then maybe tomorrow I'll post the first chapter. Enjoy and let me know about spelling errors etc.

Prologue:

Celebi looked around and started flying at the time portal in front of it. Seconds later Celebi appeared in it's own time and exhaled a breath of relief. Celebi touched the ancient shrine before it and a portal appeared. Celebi threw the Golden ball in the portal and within seconds it was gone. Suddenly the whole forest seemed calmed and Celebi took a moment to relax and feel the life around it. Celebi then started teleporting away.
    "What's that Haunter?" Said a voice.
    "Haaaauuuunter!" Replied Haunter.
    "You shouldn't … Woah!" Said Eusine out of shock at the unknown Pokemon disappearing.
    "Haaunter?" Asked Haunter after a while of shocked silence.
    "I think we've just seen Suicune!" Exclaimed Eusine."Haunter return!"
    Haunter dematerialized and shot into the Pokeball.
    "I'll find you Suicune I swear!" Cried Eusine with the Pokeball held high.

PokemasterGS

I haz teh awesome.
    Years
  • Chapter 1

3 years later…
    Ethan looked down from his flying Pidgeot and saw Ilex forest. He saw many Pidgey flying up from the treetops and then next to his Pidgeot.
    "Pidgeeeey!" said one.
    "Pidgeoooot!" replied Ethan's Pidgeot.
    "Hey what's wrong?" asked Ethan
    All of the Pokemon in the forest suddenly stirred and began running, flying and crawling away from a glowing spot in the middle of the forest.
    Ethan saw this and instructed pidgeot to land.
    "Piiiidgeot!" Cried Pidgeot but refused to land.
    "What's gotten into you? Go Dragonite!" Dragonite appeared next to him.
    "Dragonite catch me on your back! Pidgeot return!" Ethan knew this was not going to feel good. "Woaaaaaaaaaah! Agh! Thanks Dragonite!" He exclaimed as Dragonite caught him.
    "Now go down towards that light Dragonite!" He felt Dragonite suddenly reducing speed and turning around.

A minute later it was gone and Ethan and Dragonite were looking frantically around.
    "I don't see anything… There! Where the grass is burned!"
    Dragonite roared and landed on the spot.
    Ethan searched for ten minutes but found nothing. Just when he was about to recall Dragonite, he roared.
    "What's up Dragonite?"
    Dragonite was staring at a small hole in the ground.
    "Good job," Ethan began digging with his hands and found a gold Pokeball with GS written on it. "Never seen a ball like this, I'll have Prof. Oak check it out... Aagh! It's red hot!."
    "Go Feraligator!" Feraligator came out of it's ball. "Feraligator, water gun that Pokeball!"
    Steam appeared and the ball cooled down.
    "I'll just take this to Prof.Oak… Wait doesn't Kurt specialize in Pokeballs?"
    "Go, Pidgeot! Feraligator return." Pidgeot appeared in the air.
    "Take me to Azelea town Pidgeot."

Ethan arrived in Azelea in a few minutes. There they met with Kurt who was showed the strange Pokeball.
    "Hmmm… looks unique and of high value, give me your Pokedex please."
    "My Pokedex? OK" Ethan handed over his Pokedex. Kurt opened the Pokedex and scanned the ball. "What the ... there's a Pokemon in here!"
    "Awesome, which one?" Ethan took his Pokedex back
    "I don't know…" Kurt scratched his head.
    "Can you open it?" Asked Ethan
    "Only the person that caught it can make it open, I think." He looked around and found a normal Pokeball. "Come on Growlithe." He barked as he came out of his Pokeball.
    "You say you found him in Ilex forest?" Growlithe barked and sniffed the ball "Now go Growlithe, find the owner!" Growlithe ran out of the door. "Well he's not going to wait for you Ethan."
    "Ok see ya Kurt!" Ethan ran out without looking back.

Meanwhile in Ecruteak city:

"You sure about this?" asked Eusine to the mysterious man dressed in black.
    "Yes, I saw a blue beast enter at night." Replied the man.
    "Here you go, thank you." Eusine turned around to give the man a small bag full of Pokedollars but saw he was gone. "Hello!? Where are you?"
    Suddenly the floor opened and Eusine fell into a dark basement. He heard something break and feared it was his arm for it went limp. He stood up and a bright light almost blinded him. He blinked and saw before him the three legendary beasts Raikou the thunder Pokemon, Entei the volcano Pokemon and Suicine the aurora pokemon.
    "Wha… agh." He tried to speak but his breath was stuck in his throat.
    "You've been chasing me for a long time Eusine." Said a sweet voice in his head. "You have been chosen… you must tell everyone you know, a great evil is coming. You are the messenger"
    "Aaaaaaaaahhhhh!" Shouted Eusine as his arm healed, as if by magic.
    "You must find a boy named Ethan he is the chosen one." A rough voice said. "He must recruit the legendary Pokemon Celebi and defeat the evil."
    And a mighty voice in his head said: "You must tell people what we said, but not that we said it understand?
    Eusine felt like he was dreaming he could not move his body.
    "Now go!" All three voices shouted at once.

Last edited:

PokemasterGS

I haz teh awesome.
    Years
  • Before I post Chapter 2 does anyone have any comments? What's the use of writing if nobody cares? Just tell me good or bad and if I should change something.

PokemasterGS

I haz teh awesome.
    Years
  • Chapter 2

Back at Ilex Forest:

"You found something Growlithe?" Ethan asked. Growlithe was howling at an ancient shrine. "Do you need another scent?" Ethan showed Growlithe the ball.
    Then Growlithe's behavior changed; he stopped howling bit Ethan on the hand and ran off with the ball.
    "Hey what just happened!? Go Pidgeot! Pidgeot catch Growlithe!"
    "Piiidgeeot!" Pidgeot took off after Growlithe, but was forced to return when Growlithe ran through a portion of thick woods where he could not see.
    "Pidgeot withdraw, go Jolteon and Crobat!" Ethan had a plan. "Crobat find Growlithe, Jolteon follow him. Go Dragonite! Let's fly."
    Ethan saw the direction Crobat and Jolteon were going and flew ahead to form a ambush.
    Seconds later growlihe was caught.
    "What the hell is wrong with you Growlithe!" Shouted Ethan and took the ball back.
    Just when Ethan was about to call Kurt, a flash appeared blinding Ethan and his Pokemon. Ethan blinked a few times and saw Celebi in front of him. Celebi stared at Ethan whilst Ethan was getting his Pokedex.

"Celebi, the Time Travel Pokémon. Celebi wanders across time as guardian of the forest. Wherever it appears, trees and grass flourish." Read the Pokedex.

Ethan was about to order Crobat to attack when Celebi touched his forehead which made a vision appear:
    (Note: not much detail will be given since Ethan sees it as just a slideshow of memories.)

Celebi was in a cage; next to it an empty one. Someone sinister looking came and took Celebi away. The man put Celebi in a machine with two chambers, one for Celebi and one for a Pokeball. After a while Celebi appeared out of the machine and then fainted. Celebi was put back in a cage.
    A while later Celebi woke up and saw the other cage now had the pokeball in it. When Celebi looked at the Pokeball it began to shake and eventually broke in half. A black form appeared and then formed into a Celebi but with black instead of white and red instead of green. The Shadow Celebi stared into Celebi's eyes and entered Celebi's mind. Celebi was still weak from fainting but managed to drive the shadow Celebi out.
    The Shadow Celebi then started making a glowing ball of energy inside it's cage and shot it straight through the cage at the real Celebi.* Celebi shot through it's cage against the wall.
    Celebi appeared to be unconscious. Shadow Celebi then started to attack the mysterious people that have gathered and destroyed the building in the process. Moments later Celebi used Recover and woke up to find that the building was almost destroyed.

Celebi fast forwarded the vision to Ilex Forest where the Shadow Celebi was flame throwing the burning forest around it. Suicune appeared bringing rain clouds with it.
    Celebi appeared next to it. Celebi used safeguard and they were cloaked in a force field. Shadow Celebi noticed them and used thunder. Celebi got in front of Suicune and absorbed the impact. Celebi didn't get a scratch.
    Suicune then unleashed a rainbow colored blast on Shadow Celebi.** Celebi dodged but it hit his arm which distracted Shadow Celebi for a second. Suicune used hydro pump directly at Shadow Celebi which knocked it down. Celebi then unleashed a powerful hyper beam on it.
    As the smoke from the blast cleared Suicune and Celebi were surprised to see Shadow Celebi stand up and smile seemingly without a scratch. Shadow Celebi then used destiny bond at Celebi. Celebi felt a tug on it's consciousness as destiny bond activated.
    Suicune knew what was happening and did not want to hurt Celebi by attacking Shadow Celebi. Celebi knew it had no choice.
    Just when it was about to knock itself out; a Golden ball flew through the air at Shadow Celebi. Shadow Celebi disappeared into the ball. The ball shook three times before making a beep sound.

"Gotcha!" Said a voice and a mysterious trainer stepped out.
    **********************************************************************************************************************************************************************
    *Psycho boost Celebi can't really learn it but Shadow Celebi is so powerful it can learn anything.

**Aurora beam.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Before I post Chapter 2 does anyone have any comments? What's the use of writing if nobody cares? Just tell me good or bad and if I should change something.
    Thing with fanfics is that it's common for new writers to go a while without reviews, even in rather active communities - not a great fact, but it is something that happens. Best way to attract reviews and attention is to advertise via your signature and be active in the community reviewing other fics and so forth. My first posting of a fic got only one review for its prologue and I know others who got less than that...

Anyways, I already mentioned the spacing-out thing in my VM reply to you - you'd want to use enter twice between each line of dialogue or new paragraph as otherwise it can be hard to read - ie:
    Becomes:

Check out the thread I linked you to as well which has more on that. I'd also advise against stretching the page with several '******s' at the bottom of the 2nd chapter - a few will do as a scene separator or the such as otherwise it is hard to read the story as one has to scroll left and right as well as up and down.

It seems you have the plot thought out at least to a decent degree here and all - but there are a number of things that could be improved. I'll just mention a few instances of them as generally they are consistent mistakes and you can apply the 'fix' so to speak throughout the story thus far... for instance, going back to the quote above, there's the issue with punctuation/capitalisation in/around dialogue that needs fixing (certainly a common-enough error though, and one I made myself too when I started writing. XD)

Now, 'Said a voice' doesn't work as its own sentence - it just sounds awkward by itself. However it is in reference to the dialogue (telling us a currently unidentified character said the line) and flows on from it, so you should treat the two parts - dialogue and the part that follows - as one whole sentence, and hence not use a capital with 'said'. Same with the second sentence - 'Replied Haunter' doesn't work as a sentence by itself but it links up with the dialogue, so the two parts can be treated as one sentence here and hence there's no need to capitalise 'replied' as otherwise you'd be essentially capitalising a word in the middle of the sentence. Hence the above becomes:
    "What's that Haunter?" said a voice.

"Haaaauuuunter!" replied Haunter.
    Furthermore, taking another example:
    "Yes, I saw a blue beast enter at night." Replied the man.
    Same deal here with 'replied' - it shouldn't be capitalised, but as the whole thing here should be treated as one sentence, then the full-stop after 'night' doesn't belong, and should be a comma. Essentially - ignore the quotation marks and you get this - 'Yes, I saw a blue beast enter at night. Replied the man.' which isn't correct - rather it should be like so: Yes, I saw a blue beast enter at night, replied the man.... and then upon adding the quotation marks back in:
    "Yes, I saw a blue beast enter at night," replied the man.
    Note that if the dialogue ends with a question mark or exclamation mark, etc it can stay - the above only applies to full stops when the part following the dialogue relates to it.
    Celebi looked around and started flying at the time portal in front of it. Seconds later Celebi appeared in it's own time and exhaled a breath of relief. Celebi touched the ancient shrine before it and a portal appeared. Celebi threw the Golden ball in the portal and within seconds it was gone.
    Firstly, its instead of it's (it is). Secondly and more importantly, I feel you could add in more in the way of description - it's hard to imagine what is going on while we read if you only tell us what is happening - try adding in more details on what things look like, such as.... what did the time portal look like? What did the 'ancient shrine' look like?

There are other aspects one can build on description as well - for instance mentioning more on how things are done - did Celebi fly slowly, or quickly? When it looked about, did it do so calmly or frantically?
    Taking another instance:
    Celebi got in front of Suicune and absorbed the impact. Celebi didn't get a scratch.
    Suicune then unleashed a rainbow colored blast on Shadow Celebi.** Celebi dodged but it hit his arm which distracted Shadow Celebi for a second.
    Here you tell us what happened, but not much beyond that - for instance, how did the Celebi react to being hit in the arm by the attack - with a cry of pain, perhaps, or a scowl? How did Celebi 'got (get) in front of Suicune' - teleportation, flying...? Add in more details and you'll expand on th writing, and it'll be also more enjoyable to read and asier to imagine what happens. Try showing us more (saying how characters react, and how, etc) as opposed to just telling us this and that happened.
    "I think we've just seen Suicune!" Exclaimed Eusine."Haunter, return!"
    As said bfore, exclaimed shouldn't be capitalised, but the other things here are the missing space between 'Eusine' and the quotation mark. Also I added in that comma after Haunter as a comma should either go before or after a name/nickname/etc when someone addresses someon with said name/nickname/etc... like Haunter for instance, because Eusine is calling to his Pokemon by its species name.
    "Hey what's wrong?" asked Ethan
    Watch for small things like forgetting to add in a full stop to the end of the sentence as well.

Sometimes things move too fast too - initially I had thought that Eusiene had in the prologue mistaken Celebi for Suicune, but later on it seems he had actually been in a different place to begin with, so that was somewhat confusing. Another instance of the such:
    Ethan saw this and instructed pidgeot to land.
    "Piiiidgeot!" Cried Pidgeot but refused to land.
    "What's gotten into you? Go Dragonite!" Dragonite appeared next to him.
    "Dragonite catch me on your back! Pidgeot return!" Ethan knew this was not going to feel good. "Woaaaaaaaaaah! Agh! Thanks Dragonite!" He exclaimed as Dragonite caught him.
    Besides the other instances of unnecessary capitalisation, this was confusing as things just moved too fast - all we know is that Pidgeot refused to land but not how it was acting besides repeating its name - for all we know it could have been flying recklessly too, but without that I had to assume the such given Ethan decided to do something risky like return his Pokemon while flying on it in mid-air. Again, more description would help in such instances - add in more about the setting, how characters do things and react and so forth or it comes off as too rushed.
    Ethan saw the direction Crobat and Jolteon were going and flew ahead to form a ambush.
    Seconds later growlihe was caught.
    Like beforee, this also seemed to quick - just before Growlithe (note the spelling) was nowhere to be seen being lost in the forest and straightaway he is caught again... but we don't see how Crobat and Jolteon had managed to track him down and attack and how Ethan had caught him (or maybe the Pokemon had just pinned him down?). Slow events down and add in more on how they happen as otherwise they can just confuse the reader.
    Aagh! It's red hot!."
    No need for both the exclamation mark and the full stop - drop the latter.
    And a mighty voice in his head said: "You must tell people what we said, but not that we said it, understand?
    I'd add in that bolded comma or make a new sentence there as otherwise it is a run-on sentence with the mighty voice saying too much in the one sentence without any pauses... I do wonder why the legendary beasts don't want Eusine to tell people that they told him to say it though - strikes me as odd and could use an explanation.
    Ethan was about to order Crobat to attack when Celebi touched his forehead which made a vision appear:
    (Note: not much detail will be given since Ethan sees it as just a slideshow of memories.)
    The bolded part is a bit too much on the telling side - you could have proceeded without it and show us that Ethan was having a vision from Celebi... but the 'Note:' bit is something to avoid - there's no need to mention why you wrote something like so within the story as that just distracts from the story (this is known as 'breaking the fourth wall' and only usually works in comedies/parodies as a joke).

That covers most of it - you have some potential here, but you might need to edit at the first couple of chapters you have first before moving on just so the fic looks as good as it can be to begin with. Watch for punctuation/capitalisation around dialogue and use more description, and this'll certainly improve with those changes alone - it'll take a bit of work but it will certainly be worth it. Hope this was of some help to you.

Back