• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

the place that has sprites

flamemaster

No school like the old school
Years
    • MI
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    hello people im trying to become a spriter so i want you guy s to critique! me dont just say "oh your sprites are suckish/awsome".

note: these sprites are not for public use unless i say so.

newest:
    ~gagking~

~spreel~

~furnary~ chesu's concept

old:
    ~armrillo~

~nide~

~babang~

~bombry~

tell me what u think

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    Babang is my favourite.

Nide could use some work because now he looks like a hot dog with some legs lol.

Armrillo is good but in my opinion the colours are too bright. Try putting them a bit darker.

Years
  • Your sprite wasn't copied or transformed from what I see. I examined them closely, the only thing similar is the body curving behind the head. I think Flame used your Serpeel more as a reference.

flamemaster

Years
    • MI
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    Babang is my favourite.

Nide could use some work because now he looks like a hot dog with some legs lol.

Armrillo is good but in my opinion the colours are too bright. Try putting them a bit darker.

yeah babang is awsome, nide didnt turn out to great, he was supposed to be a cute tarantula. armrillo is really old.

Thanks for using serpeel as a base, MY SERPEEL D: Spreel, are serious?

i didnt use it as a base ok i did not steal any of that, i've had the idea of an eel starter for like ever, and the name spreel has nothing to do with serpeel, i was in my room one day drawing pokemon concepts, and i thought "spikchomp needs a new name" so i tried speel but that didnt sound to good so i added an "r" and made spreel, i was'nt even thinking about your sprites when i named it, the only thing i copied was the pose, and you dont own that.

Your sprite wasn't copied or transformed from what I see. I examined them closely, the only thing similar is the body curving behind the head. I think Flame used your Serpeel more as a reference.

exactly right!

flamemaster

Years
    • MI
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    okay so i dont think this is breaking the revival rules.
    soory its taken me so long to update, been busy. anyways i made a new sprite
    bombry. the cherry bomb pokemon

note: i do not own the design for bombry, the credits for the design are to deidara-fuuka.
    anyways so how do you like it.

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
    Years
  • Bombry is your cutest and best sprite! ^^
    There's a massive improvement between her, and the older sprites! Good job! ^_^
    The only crit I have is:
    The lineart of the leaf doesn't look smooth, looking almost too polygonish like a rectangle rather than resembling a shape of the leaf (I'm asuming you want it oval-ish with a thin tip almost like a raindrop) and the stem (is that how you call it? - the brown stuff) isn't smooth. The line's too "edgy" in comparison with the body, which is super smooth.

Shading, well it's really well done on the body, however you can barely see the shading on the leaf and stem.

Years
  • okay so i dont think this is breaking the revival rules.
    soory its taken me so long to update, been busy. anyways i made a new sprite
    bombry. the cherry bomb pokemon

note: i do not own the design for bombry, the credits for the design are to deidara-fuuka.
    anyways so how do you like it.

jsyk, Bombry is actually made by Light-Fox, but deidara did some art for it in an art trade. Anyway, it's a rather nice sprite, though it's a bit large, and could have smoother outlines.

flamemaster

Years
    • MI
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    Bombry is your cutest and best sprite! ^^
    There's a massive improvement between her, and the older sprites! Good job! ^_^
    The only crit I have is:
    The lineart of the leaf doesn't look smooth, looking almost too polygonish like a rectangle rather than resembling a shape of the leaf (I'm asuming you want it oval-ish with a thin tip almost like a raindrop) and the stem (is that how you call it? - the brown stuff) isn't smooth. The line's too "edgy" in comparison with the body, which is super smooth.

Shading, well it's really well done on the body, however you can barely see the shading on the leaf and stem.
    thanks, this is one of my better sprites. the leaf and bomb string i just couldnt get right, but oh well. i guess i just make better sprites when i have a design to work by.

jsyk, Bombry is actually made by Light-Fox, but deidara did some art for it in an art trade. Anyway, it's a rather nice sprite, though it's a bit large, and could have smoother outlines.
    ok, didnt know that. and thanks, i made it kinda big cause i always feel as if my sprites are to small.

flamemaster

Years
    • MI
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    ok, i got another sprite for yah guys.

its so PINK!!
    yeah, not one of my better sprites. for this i tried to go with a more, cutesty feel, and i think i failed.
    this guy's name is womp
    worm+chomp
    so yeah, what do yah guys think.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2011
    I like babang and furnary. Are these scratch, because if they are, there real good

flamemaster

Years
    • MI
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    I like babang and furnary. Are these scratch, because if they are, there real good
    yes they are scratch and thank you.
    ok i made another sprite, i think it turned out really well, since i had no concept in mind when i made it. so here's misscal

sorry its kinda small.
    flamemaster~

flamemaster

Years
    • MI
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    ok i have another sprite.

i based this on a creature in a movie, i saw when i was a kid. it called "my neighbor totoro"
    hopeyou like it.
    flamemaster~

flamemaster

Years
    • MI
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    any comments? D:
    i have got another sprite.

haven't given them a name yet, this is a hermit crab pokemon, it has different form of shells, based on the idea, that hermit crabs will use anything for a shell.
    hope you like it.
    flamemaster~

Equinoxe

pleeease listen to meee
    Years
    • ~
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    I suggest making the hermit crab a lot more different; at the moment it looks exactly like a reposed Dwebble with different objects in place of the shell (unless that's what you attempted? your description makes it impossible to determine what the case is). Maybe choose a different colour altogether or just edit the design if it's supposed to be an original fakemon?

Sprite-wise, the crab itself is pretty good but the different shells need work. The tin can has perspective problems; we shouldn't be able to see the inside of the can from this direction. It's also very sloppily shaded compared to the violet shell or the pokemon itself. The leftmost rock-shell is basically just a slimmer and more awkward version of Dwebble's shell and it lacks black outline, making it look half-finished.

flamemaster

Years
    • MI
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    I suggest making the hermit crab a lot more different; at the moment it looks exactly like a reposed Dwebble with different objects in place of the shell (unless that's what you attempted? your description makes it impossible to determine what the case is). Maybe choose a different colour altogether or just edit the design if it's supposed to be an original fakemon?

Sprite-wise, the crab itself is pretty good but the different shells need work. The tin can has perspective problems; we shouldn't be able to see the inside of the can from this direction. It's also very sloppily shaded compared to the violet shell or the pokemon itself. The leftmost rock-shell is basically just a slimmer and more awkward version of Dwebble's shell and it lacks black outline, making it look half-finished.
    thank you for the suggestions, but to be fair, i made this concept and drew it before, gen 4 came out, so yah.
    anyways guys i got a new, sprite for yah, an evolution of wheezing.
    gagking:

easily the hardest sprite i've done ever.
    comments, suggestions.

Back