• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lost Away -PG-13ish-

Lynnk

Lyn-The bad fan-fic writer
    Years
    Note: Pokemon talking will be transfered into english, since instead of listening to 'PIKAPIKA' or 'Squirt squirt!' all through the story, you know what the Pokemon is saying and what is going through it's mind.

Lost Away

Chapter One: Roaming

-*-

I awoke to the rude sound of a Pidgey pecking at the hollow tree I slept in every night. PEK PEK PEK. I looked out the small hole in the tree to see a still-darkened sky. I sighed. Stupid Pidgey. One day I would be such a great Pokemon, I could beat up that Pidgey without a problem.

I snuggled back into my bundle of leaves-my bed. PEK PEK PEK. I groaned silently. I wish I knew some effective attacks. I was only a weak baby Pokemon, I didn't know anything but scratch.

Slowly I forced my eyes to shut, and the PEKing began to fade as I fell into sleep once more.

---

After a long period of sleep, my eyes opened again. I peeked my head out of the tree, and looked around. A large patch of grass was occupied by a Skitty and Wurmple, who were playing happily. Sighing, I clambered out of the hollow tree and put my feet on the ground. Dry, as always.

It was another normal day for me. I had to run into town, and find people who thought I was adorable, and get food from them. Or even something to make me even better. I had a small stash of Potions in my tree.

Walking slowly through the grass, I watched carefully as Pokemon battled using powerful attacks. Maybe I could be like them one day...

Suddenly, a Pokemon stood before me, looking angry. It was a small Wolf-like Pokemon with a evil look to it's face.

" 'Scuse me. I'm going into town." I said, trying to get past him.

"Hey! Your not going anywhere, buddy." He growled rudely. I stared at a small stump, where more of the Pokemon came flocking out.

Scared, I spoke up quickly. "Please let me through. I haven't down anything."

The Pokemon laughed at me, as well as a chorus of them behind him. "Heehee, you don't think you did anything. But you DID. Now you need to pay."

"What are you?" I asked. "New here? Other Pokemon leave me alone. I leave them alone. Same for them, gotit? Now please let me go." Again, I attempted to walk on, only to be blocked by two other species of the Pokemon. This was really annoying me now.

"Hey, what are THOSE?" A boy said happily. He pointed a thin red box at the pooch.

'Poochyena, the Bite Pokemon. Poochyena is an omnivore-meaning it will eat anything. A distinguishing feature is how large its fangs are compared to its body. This Pokemon tries to intimidate its foes by making the hair on its tail bristle out.'

"Wow, terrific! I always WANTED a Poochyena!" The boy exclaimed, completely not noticing me. Good. Could I get out of this now?

"No, no! I don't want to fight! Boys, run!" The pack of Poochyena's quickly darted off, grass flying in the wind.

Hoping to blend in with them, I toddled off with them, so the boy wouldn't catch me. I could hear the boy yelling that he still hadn't gotten his favorite Pokemon.

I wish peole would stop treating us like this. We've been used to battle. The people don't know what we go through for them. And yet all they do is heal us, and fight until we can't move.

I wondered into my tree again, which was lit up by the sun that beamed into the hole. I sat for a moment, waiting until the coast was clear. Finally, I popped back out and hurried about to a wide path scuffed with shoe imprints.

Hoping not to be inturrupted again, I wondered to an area no one knew about. It was a side path-basicly I used it to get into town without being seen. I've only seen one trainer here, one who owned several rare species. Some trees overhead allowed sunlight to pour into the forest. I overlooked the flowers, mistaking them for large leaves as always. Today, they looked different. I did a double-take. They looked stepped on! Sometimes if I had extra water, I would splash some on some of those flowers, especially RoseMary.

Feeling dreadful at the thought of RoseMary being stepped on, I trotted to a large, dying tree. At the roots that popped up, a large pink and purple flower was crumpled. RoseMary was destroyed. I've tooken 'care' of RoseMary for 4 months now. All my hard work was ruined.

Dropping to my small four knees, I cried, tears slashing in the dirt and the dead RoseMary. Everything I've done for the flower was gone. My dreams of becoming one of the few Pokemon Florists was crushed like my flower. I wiped my foggy eyes and got up. Taking one last look at my flower, I moved on. Maybe if I found water today, I could still save my flower. Maybe. Should I still check on it in the future?

As I continued on in the forest, I saw some Pokemon I never saw before. Of course, they'd never be important to me. I had to focus on myself. Relying on others could cause me being captured.

Stopping before a large opening, I looked back at my flower. Still crushed.

Slowly continuing into town, I saw a small girl skipping by with her father.

"Susie, don't go far, I'm just going to buy a PokeDoll for your room. You can't look-it's a surprise!" Her father said joyfully. He wandered a foot away to a stand selling stuffed Pokemon.

The girl stared at me, and toddled over, and made a large, toothy grin. "Hi there! What are YOU?" She asked me happily.

Of course I couldn't say stuff in 'human', I could only say my name! You know, what if someone was dying, and all we could say was our names! We would be guilty for our lives. Think about it-a Pikachu, seeing a friend get beat up by a stray Pokemon.

"PIKA PIKA!" It would cry.

"Oh, hungry? Okay, let's stuff your face!" It's owner would say, practicly GUESSING what we are saying!

Half-happy, half-annoyed, I said, "Eevee!"

"You're so cute!" Susie beamed. "I wish you could live with my daddy and me! My daddy would love you!"

No, no no! I like living alone. "Eev!" I cried. Basicly, meaning, 'no.' Quickly seeing she wanted to pick me up and show me to her daddy, I sprinted as fast as my four paws could go. I glanced back to see her crying, her face soaked. I looked forward again, and saw that I was about to run into someone carrying a box.

"EEE!" I cried, jumping onto the small box, my front paws leaping off of it, and landing onto the cobblestoned road.

I dashed into a small forest filled with exploring trainers. Battling, as always. I trotted into a large patch of high grass, where I collapsed and took a long nap.

--

My eyes opened slowly, then I blinked. It was dark out now, the sky painted with white stars in the distance. I noticed a cave before me. I hadn't been there ealier. Had I passed out and sleep walked?

I got up, and walked slowly into the cave. A cold breeze swept through my fur, and somehow I suddenly felt dizzy. I swayed slightly, then regained my balance. Weird...what happened?

Placing my paws forward, I looked around. I saw a foggy cave, and could barely see. It smelled foul.

Seeing I had no clue where I was going, I headed back. I bet this place could be useful someday...

I walked through my special woods, not looking at RoseMary, and snuggled into my tree. Tomorrow I would have a better day. Tomorrow.

-_-_-

Thanks for reading-comments very much welcome!

Back