• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Was the game too easy?

Have the games gotten too easy?

• Too easy

Votes: 23 38.3%
  • A little easier

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • Stayed the same..

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • Harder

Votes: 14 23.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2011
    I remember back in the day.. Yellow/Red/Blue trying to catch moltres in Victory Road with Ultra Balls. It took a long time to get him. Along with the Legendary Dogs/Cats of Gold/Silver/Crystal. They fled from you all the time and it was so fun running around trying to get them.

Do you think the games have gotten to easy? easier? harder? or stayed the same?

I just caught Zekrom when he had yellow health, i used a quick ball, he got out, then i threw one ultra and 'boom. Got em'...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    The weekly poll prefix is only for Kaori & I to use. :( Anyways, we already have a few specific "hardest ____", so as long as this one stays broad and doesn't go too specific into those areas it won't need merging. :3

As for me, I thought as a whole the games were average, not too hard and not too easy, then again I tend to grind like crazy. :D

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Zekrom was designed to have a high catch rate because you have to catch him for the plot of the game, otherwise he would have a low one like...Kyurem, Cobalion, Virizion, Terrakion, Victini, Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus. They all have the same catch rate as Moltres/Articuno/Zapdos, etc.

I believe the game worked like this: the plot part was fairly easy. A lot of experience, an easy-to-catch legendary, strategic locations before Gyms (desert before electric gym, electric cave before flying gym), stuff like that. Then, once you beat the main plot, the post-game material shoots up in difficulty. Tons of low catch rate legendaries, high level trainers, and grinding before you can defeat the Elite Four again.

Because of those two entirely different sides to the game, it's hard to say whether it's really easier or harder, so I went with about the same.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    When I got my copy of White version I beat the game within 4-5 days. I organize the time I had and played the game just as I did with Red and Blue when they came out. I took my time, tried to look for secret items, and... still filling up the pokedex. I was a young kid when Red and Blue came out so it wasn't very easy. Black and White was a little bit easy... lol

big NATE alpha

Patriotic Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    It was a little easier, especially in regards to finding Pokemon that can trump the gym. I also found the lower levels of the Elite 4 a bit underwhelming the first time through.

Then you get into post-game and it's ratcheted up pretty quickly. Trainers with Pokemon whose levels are in the mid to high 60's, the E4 gets a sizable level bump, and the legendaries go back to low catch rates; I think it was good.

Hooh

Only if for a night.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    Sadly too easy. This game is amazing for sure, but it took 3 weeks to beat it! Come ON! It took me a YEAR to beat Diamond.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years
    Also with the help of easily obtainable Lucky Egg. :P but I enjoyed the game, it was easier in my opinion.

Flarebliss

Charmed...
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2014
    Well, When I first made my playthrough on my black, I noticed that you find wild pokemon at higher levels sooner. It all changes when they gives us the lucky egg (The Holy Grail lol) during the adventure. All and all, I got to say about the same.

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2011
    I really like the Lucky Egg! It helped so much when I was stuck with low level pokemon before the elite four.

Btw
    I had to go back to a save point sense the Team Plasma Leader (Not "n") was crazy hard and i had wasted all of my money -.-
    His dragon pokemon is nuts! It 1 Hit KO all my pokemon except my poliwhirl
    But anyways, I caught zekrom with out touching him with a quick ball.. Fail.

Flarebliss

Charmed...
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2014
    It really wasn't so difficult. Like I say, You find that everyone's pokemon level up way faster in this game. by the time you reatch the elite four (Level range in 30-38, correct me if i'm wrong) Then to N and the last fight. Their levels boost dramatically. No wonder we get the lucky egg so easily.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    I thought it was the hardest game of the handheld Pokémon RPGs so far. I think it was the longer routes that did it, even if they have healers on them periodically. Some of the gym leaders, like the Normal type one, gave me hell too. =/

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
    the difficulty of the main story was about the same as platinum and what not.
    however, the post game job like it had nothing to waste. i walked onto Rt 11 to find level 60 pokemon? that was hard.

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2011
    Dieter I agree, The post game was incredible and had tons of stuff to do!
    I was suprised.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    For me the game was quite hard. :x At the beginning; I was given trouble by the first and second leader's, it got easier from then on, until I got to the 8th Gym and beyond, the Elite 4 was hard, well, if I wasn't prepared I would of been creamed, then Ghetis comes along with Hydreigon and is just like. "RAWR SWEEP." Then it get's hard.

Zaspien

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I don't this game was the easiest; nor was it the hardest. It falls somewhere in the sweet middle which proved to be a refreshing difference. Normally I find that a Pokemon game which is too easy or too hard ends up with me giving up on it after the main storyline. (I'm looking at you HeartGold and Emerald!)

koji8123

PKMN Collector
    Years
    I wasted my masterball on Zekrom T.T and I guess I don't know how to answer this. I don't think i'm finished with the game until my Trainer card is fully upgraded. Including filling out the national pokedex.

I'm done with the story, but not done with the game. the Story was easy enough, I just wish there were more strong daily trainers then Cheren everyday, Bianca on the weekends, and Cynthia in the spring. The Ones in the two domes in Nimbasa, just get mowed down too easily. I need like 5-10 rivals all like Cynthia to make me satisfied :(

I wish the Battle subway actually granted xp. -sigh-

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

The games by all means have got harder. But the question should is " Are the games to easy?" then the answer would be yes. I wish they had a difficultly setting. There to easy.

Back