• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

BROKEN;;

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    this is the IC thread. click here for the OOC/SU thread.

181945_156849731035407_114634261923621_300738_236959_n.jpg

BROKEN

The war started 80 years ago.
    The relationships between the apposing regions had never been strong. Johto and Kanton, now known as The North were allianced. Hoenn and Sinnoh, now known as The South were allianced.

War between the two was inevitable.

On the 18th February, 2015, Professor Samuel Oak was assassinated by a Southern Group known as The Cause. He was shot through the temple during a conference. The assassins were caught and apprehended. The North were quick to react, bombing the Southern Bridge between Hoenn and Sinnoh and killing the majority of a small town based on the island. The South attacked back by destroying the Sevii Islands. The war went back and forth and since then, Ecruteak City, Cinnibar Island, Lavendar Town, Olivine City and the Seafoam Islands in the North and Lilycove City, Fortree City, Mossdeep City, Snowpoint City and Canalave City in the South have all been destroyed and left inhabitable. Unova was considered a neutral zone and a safe place for refugees. The North seemed to be winning the war. That was, until the storm hit.

Around two decades years ago, on 12th the November, it stormed everywhere. People hid inside their houses as they spotted the spirits of several Pokémon of legends skittering over the skies. Suddenly, several thousand humans all over the world of the world dropped dead from heart attacks, burst organs, strokes and unknown diseases. Thousands of Pokémon became feral and wild and attacked anything they could, killing another few thousand people as well as their own kind. This was some kind of bad sign, some kind of omen. Some professors philosophised the end of the world, some said this was a new beginning. Whatever it was, it ended as soon as it came; the storm only lasted one night. Everything returned to normal as the sun rose and by morning, the only trace of the storm that was left was the damp ground and the grieving families of those who had died.

The storm unified the five regions. The war ended as everyone tried to pick up the pieces the storm had shattered.

Soon after the incident, Pokémon themselves became scarce. Several thousand more Pokémon were killed during and after the storm as humans began to fear the untamed power of Pokémon, despite what they had been taught for years by trainers and professors. Wild Pokémon became more agitated and attacked at the slightest movement. Captured Pokémon were released, abandoned or sent to the police by their trainers. It only took a few months for Pokémon to be no longer part of daily lives. To the public, the storm was some kind of random event at the fault of Pokémon. Shrines were destroyed and anything associated with Pokémon was considered a bad omen. Today, special forces of soldiers, ex members of the armies and veterans of the war patrol the edges of town to ensure the safety of the human kind. They respond to any call and are known to remove all kinds of Pokémon related threats. However small they may be.

Whatever this was, this was not a good sign at all.

The truth of that night was only known by some. The Pokémon seen in the sky, the powerful souls of their species were desperate for change and possessed the bodies of several human men. Some bodies were not capable of holding the power and died from the inside (hence the deaths). Women were also possessed, but after posession they also quickly died from unknown causes. The Pokémon put their trust to the humans and mated with a human woman each, unknown to the women of their true nature. The night left each women pregnant with a child, a child spawned from a Pokémon. Roughly for each, nine months passed. One after another, each woman gave birth to a baby and died in the process. These infants however, contained the unsurpressed power of Pokémon and measures had to be taken to ensure no other lives were lost. Their powers were sealed and the infants were taken to guardians, professors, remaining trainers and such to be raised as normal humans.

Now, about eighteen years old, the seal that acts on the orphans' power has started to break. Strange, unexplainable, supernatural things start to happen to them and suddenly, after some kind of incident, their guardians reveal to them the truth. The truth behind their birth. The truth of what they are. Handing them a PokéBall, the seal of their power, their guardians warn them of what is to come. If they open the ball, their true form is revealed and they can no longer live as a human. People will fear them, attack them and take away their freedom. Leave it closed and they can hide themselves from the world. Though the seal will break at one point and any emotional experience can cause their power to go out of control.

You cannot hide your nature from the world forever though.

It is now the year 2102. You are one of these orphans, around 18 years old. What did you decide?​

THE TEAM O' FREAKS:
    (currently accepted players)

Kerin Knight (Zoroark) - Skymin
    Jane Notte (Absol) - Sweet_Dreams
    Lana Edmonton (Electivire) - Eight
    Jeremy Speciale (Ursaring) - Alley Cat
    Johann Matthias (Beeheeyam) - Sewaddle
    Destiny Saviouer (Cofagrigus) - Nakuzami
    Lyle Murphy (Typhlosion) - Raikiri
    Lucas Seran (Lucario) - TornZero
    Daphne Stelluna (Reuniclus) - Diamond1304
    Rosemarie Hudson (Leafeon) - tenthcompanion
    Matthew Davis (Galvantula) - 雷影 イチロ
    Daniel Catrone (Politoed) - Snow Phoenix

GLHF
    (goodluckhavefun)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Kerin had spent the past week alone.

Not a lot had happened in that week. Nothing had attacked him, nothing had ambushed him, nothing had even bothered to stop and say hello. It didn't really bother that much, he needed time to think. To process what had happened. To make sure he wasn't dreaming or hallucinating. Still, it had been uneventful, uninteresting and boring. The most exciting thing that had happened to him was when he accidently scratched and made his stomach bleed while trying to pick up a leaf that had fallen on him. Boy, was that fun.

Nothing had really happened at all.

That was, until Jane Notte had turned up.

She had turned up out of the blue, totally unexpected. Kerin hardly recognised her, with the white hair, the sunglasses and the extremely large sword bulging out of her forehead, but his childhood friend still had the same face. He just... knew it was her. It had been a long time since they last saw eachother and she was the last person (well, maybe not the last) that he was expecting. But she was... the only person who he really called a friend before the distance strained their relationship. When he saw her, the first thing he thought was shock. Then empathy. Then pity. Then dismay. So, she was like he was. A freak.

"How did you find me?" He pulled his hoodie over his head further and adjusted himself on his rock so she couldn't see anything. His sleeves were still covering his arms. He didn't want to show her what he was.

Jane, however, had removed her sunglasses and had her eyes fixed on a leaf. It hung onto the branch by a bare thread, seconds away from springing free and being carried off by the breeze. "Oh, hello. We followed the whisper of wind. Oh look - the leaf's free." And it was, dancing in the wind for the briefest moment before gravity took its course and it plummeted to the earth.

"...Do you hate me, Rin? I'm a monster now," she asked quietly, her eyes still on the leaf.

Kerin raised his face up and looked at her and in her eyes. Her eyes, they were red. Bright, blood red. The kind that couldn't be hidden without the sunglasses, which explained why she was wearing them. She didn't answer his question, but Kerin didn't care that much really.

"Hate you? I don't... think I could hate you, Jane," Kerin smiled at her. A forced smile. He really didn't have the energy for a genuine one. His hood around his head started to fall (Kerin thanked gravity for that) and he quickly caught it before it fell all the way down. Ugh, it was no use. She was... what he was, right? He let the hood fall and stood to his feet.

"Hi Jane, it's nice to see you again!" He said, letting another smile through. He hadn't even said hello yet!

She looked up at him curiously, giving him a small, dreamy smile. Then her brows furrowed. "Rin, did you... dye your hair?" she asked, confused. "It looks like -" fire "- the wings of dusk. It's beautiful."

He pulled at his hair and shook his head. She... she didn't suspect anything? Well, Jane always seemed one sandwich short of the picnic.

Jane's smile returned. "Hey Rin, how're the others?" And with that, her eyes slid from his face and latched onto the first interesting thing she could find. This happened to be a flower - small and yellow and cup-shaped, but a person would have to be as tall as her finger to drink from it.

"They're... fine," Kerin lied, trying not to remember anything. His inevitable train of thought was interrupted though by the sound of a tinkling bell. Kerin snapped his head to see where it was coming from, only to see an Abra form out of a beam of light. Kerin stepped back, readying himself for a fight. "Jane, don't go near that thing! That's a Pokémon!"

The Abra tilted its head slightly, made a small shrilling noise and started to glow. Kerin, his eyes widening, grabbed Jane as best as he could with his clawed hand and ran as fast as he could in the opposite direction. The shrill from the Abra turned to a screech and Kerin tensed himself as he ran but lost his grip on Jane, who fell before he stumbled about and fell face first into the grass.

"J-Jane, watch out!" He quickly scrambled to his feet and turned around to get Jane. Not another! He didn't want to lose another to a Pokémon. Why was he so helpless? He jumped down next to Jane and looked up at the Abra, only to see it miliseconds before it shot a white beam at him and Jane. "No, Jane!"

The beam didn't hurt. In fact, it didn't really do anything at all to him physically. When Kerin opened his eyes, his arms over Jane, they were... somewhere else. The ground was covered in cold, dew-ridden grass. The sun was out in the sky, a few clouds dotted across it. They weren't in the frozen wilderness of the Giant Chasm anymore, they were... well, he didn't know. Only that is was warm and welcoming. This place was way better than the Giant Chasm!

"Where are we?"

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Destiny Saviouer
    The outskirts of Nuvema Town
    Wandering Thoughts...

-----
    I was walking, and thinking. Walking... and thinking. Just walking... and thinking... God damn it, walking and thinking seemed to be all I did now. Well, it was all I could really do. There was something bigger than me going on here... well, perhaps bigger than me was not the right fraze... after all, it was still me, just... a weirder me.

I lifted up the Pokeball that I had kept concealed in my pocket. It was shining brilliantly. It was a stunning bright red and white. It was almost... beautiful, but at the same time... terrible. It was an amazing sight, but this small ball contained the fear of the world. Although really nobody, including my "parents" were afraid of having Pokemon like Lillipup or Minccino around the house. I admit they were really cute, I loved them and their adorableness, but if they could be so nice... why can't other Pokemon be that way?

No, other Pokemon had to be that way, or else people would not have travelled with them all the way up until the incident, or whatever it was called. So, if Pokemon could be that way, then why did the incident happen? Actually, since nothing so serious had happened since the incident, why were people still so afraid of Pokemon? I didn't get it. I never got it. Now, it seemed, I would have to get it, or else be deemed a freak and a threat for the rest of my life... at least if I opened up the Pokeball.

The curiosity was killing me, but I just couldn't do it. I put the Pokeball back into my pocket and then I bumped into something. I took a step back and looked down. There was a... a Ralts? Was that it? Okay, I was standing in front of a Ralts, and I had no idea what to do. I decided to put my thoughts to the test, and kneeled down to it.

"Uh, hello?" I said, a bit hesitantly. I sat there for a moment, waiting for a response.

The Ralts grabbed my hand with its own, and let out a small, but rather cute, "Ral~ts!" And then... something happened. I wasn't sure what had happened, but I knew I was somewhere else. Somewhere... amazingly wonderful. It was beautiful.

"Um... where am I?" I wondered aloud. The place was beautiful, but I still wanted to know where the heck I was.

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • Rain. Its ability to nurture life unrivaled. Its ability to bring the rise and fall of civilization unmatched. Its ability to bring negative emotion to Lyle unquestionable.

Lyle had left his comfortable home in Castelia City. Him leaving was inevitable at the time. His adoptive parents did not force him out in any sort of way. In fact, they wanted him to say ever since his Uncle Ray broke the "news." Ha, the news. It's not every day that you learn your mother had a fetish for Pokemon and decided to have sex with one. Thats how Lyle chose to look at it at least. Twisting the facts into some twisted humorous story was Lyle's way of coping with the fact he was freak. Lyle continually explained he needed to leave Castelia for his own reasons. Lyle put in a vague way: "To find something." What that something was? Hell, he didn't know. He was hoping it would be a clue. A calling perhaps for what he was destined to do. His brother, Neil, went on a quest of self-discovery a year or two ago and discovered he wanted to become a historian after visiting Johto. Lyle had hoped it would work for him as well. Packing a bag full of clothes and stuff, Lyle took out his bicycle from the closet and walked out the door proclaiming he will return but as "a man." He was never skilled with words.

That was a week ago. Now Lyle finds himself on a dark, dim, empty road leading to some city he was never been to combating the elements and losing. Walls of rain blocked his vision and the wind was pelting him in the face with sticks, stones and anything else that can break bones. The street was barely lit and most would refuse to travel it in this inclement weather, but Lyle had little choice. Standing around was not his style, but it was slowly becoming the more attractive option. "Bah, this crappy weather sucks," Lyle complained. He had given up. I probably should of a few hours ago when it started, he thought to himself. He had hoped in his gut it was a temporary shower. He then remembered hope gets one nowhere.

Taking cover under a few trees on the side of the road, Lyle crouched down, reaching into his pockets for his pack of cigarettes and his lucky sliver lighter with a distinct medieval design. Getting lucky on his fifth try, Lyle managed to light his cigarette. Taking in some smoke, he exhaled slowly letting the stress leave his body. Smoking was probably the only thing that could make him forget about the weather. With a sigh, Lyle let his mind wander taking in the sights and sound of the weather. "From this angle, the rain ain't too bad. I still hate the rain," Lyle mumbled to himself.

Glancing over to his bag, Lyle remembered the conversation with his Uncle Ray. Shuffling through his belongings, Lyle took out the Pokeball that supposedly contained the spirit of some Pokemon or something as he remembered. Inhaling a deep breath of smoke, Lyle stared at the Pokeball playing around in his imagination. "My father must be a fire type. Would explain why I hate the rain," Lyle concluded sarcastically. On several occasions, he had considered opening the ball refusing to believe his Uncle's story. It was a hard pill swallow. After all, he had to believe his mother loved Pokemon more than the next person. Or worse, believe that Pokemon spirits are capable of possessing people and then forcing the reproductive process to happen. Then again, it does explain a number of the strange events in Lyle's life including the day he roasted an entire gang. He hoped going out and wandering the world would lead him to an explanation for all this. Pessimism would say it was pointless to expect that answer to magically appear. For once, Lyle was trying to be optimistic.

The rain didn't die down at all in the span it took Lyle to finish his cigarette. Flicking the cigarette aside and packing up his bag, Lyle mounted his bicycle. A sign a while back said the city wasn't too far. I'll be there in no time, Lyle reasoned. Braving through the weather blind, Lyle trudged forward at a fair speed. Squinting as he pedaled, Lyle could see the lights of the city. "Almost there," Lyle called to no one in particular. However, a dark shadow appeared seemingly out of nowhere. The rain prevented his vision from deciphering the shadow's shape. It looked like a person and he did not want to be responsible for murder. Unable to slow down, Lyle veered to the right, crashing into the railing, rolling several yards landing with his face deep in mud and water.

"Arrgh," Lyle groaned in pain. "What the hell…was that?" Lyle rolled on the ground for a while hoping the pain would wash away. Picking himself off the wet ground, Lyle made sure his bag was in good shape and put it back on his back. His bike, while not ruined, was damaged. The chain looked usable, but dangerous to ride. He would have to hope there was a bike shop in town. With a sigh, Lyle then turned to his attention up the road a few yards. The shadow was still there standing in the dark rain. It appeared ominous and dangerous. Nevertheless, Lyle was a little more than angry.

"Hey you! Moron! What the hell were you doing in the middle of the road? I should have you to pay for a new bike you motherf-" As Lyle made his way to the figure, he began to notice something. Unless rain has the ability to distort vision, Lyle was going nuts. The figure wasn't a person. It was a Pokemon. At least it looked like one. Not like the ones his sister's friends had as a pets. One of those not so accepted ones.

"Kadabra!" It said.

"Yeah, I don't speak Pokemon. Now take the costume off, kid. Cough up some money while you are at it. I need to fix my bike," Lyle retorted with some anger. The Pokemon stared at him in response and titled its head in confusion. Lyle was not amused. "Alright fine. You wanna play Pokemon eh? Fine I'll play," Lyle chuckled. "Fire Punch!" Lyle winded up a punch and lunged forward. It wasn't a flaming fist but Lyle dreamt it was. Seconds before contact, the Pokemon disappeared. Lyle almost fell over his own feet. Spinning around looking for the Pokemon, Lyle began to panic. There was no obvious place to hide and how would it dodge his attack with less than second anyway. Turning around with a sigh, Lyle was then caught by surprise.

"Kadabra!" The Pokemon roared. With that, Lyle blacked out.

------------------

Light filtered through into Lyle's eyes. Slowly his vision was consumed by sunlight blasting through a few clouds. It was far warmer that it was before. Whatever happened earlier must of knocked him out. The Kadabra must of used some attack or something, Lyle said to himself in his head. Attempting to lift himself from the ground, Lyle took in the beautiful sky. it was a sun-filled sight. Lyle always preferred the bright sun over the dreary clouds. "Guess, the weather cleared up when I was out…wait a minute…" Lyle, now more awake, felt around. No longer was he surrounded by pavement, but instead found himself in thick green grass. His bike was gone too, but his bag was on the ground only a few inches away from his body. Lucky for him, as his bag was far more important. He could afford to lose the bike. Walking suited him fine. Dusting himself off and realizing his face was covered in dry mud, Lyle looked around at his new location. Nothing seemed familiar. It was a beautiful grassland with a few trees scattered across. Ideal weather too. Comfortable enough for him to keep his jacket on at least.

"Where am I?" Lyle wondered, pausing to take a deep breath. "Well, I won't find out standing around here. If I keep walking, I'll eventually find a road. Or maybe a town." With a new mindset of finding out where he ended up, Lyle lit up a cigarette and stared walking with no destination in mind hands in his pockets and his head held up high.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Daphne was taking a stroll in the countryside, outside the borders of Accumula Town. She stopped every now and then to sniff the flowers that were swaying in the breeze and if they were suitable, she picked a bundle of them. Hanging by her right was a basket of flowers she had gathered along the way. Blooming red, mild amber and charming cool turquoise; the bouquets were like rainbows collected as tiny petals and stalks. She hummed a joyful tune while walking through the soothing countryside and she came until a small acre of forested area.

The canopy created an overhanging shadow over the earth, and the further Daphne walked, the more obvious silhouettes appear and vanish as quickly as they came. She halted for a moment to dawdle around several shrubs of nearly-wilting flowers. Producing a miniature watering can from the basket, she poured the crystal clean water all over the dying plants. Almost instantly, the sparkling droplets of water nourished the shrubs and the pale-brown leaves gradually took on a shade of dusky green. The weak stems started to straighten up slowly for a while, but it returned to its drooping state a moment later. Daphne cradled one of the drying brown flowers in her palm, observing it all around with a melancholy gaze. "The effect may seem instantaneous but it's just the goodness starting up. It'll need time to work efficiently." The few lines of old lady echoed within her vast mind and then, she got up on her feet and left the plants and the special liquids to have their effect.

Moving along through the woods, Daphne felt an uneasy gut feeling all of a sudden. The mood of the vicinity took on an unusual foreboding feeling. The more she walked, the greater the shadows casted by branches and vines. She finally came to a halt when the path spread out to reveal a clearing. The saplings lined the borders of the clearing danced slightly in the summer breeze, and the sun was partly covered by the treetops, providing a faint coolness to the clearing. There were a few stones and small boulders popped around the clearing, varying in colours that glittered under the sunlight. Opal green and granite grey, earthly azure and glossy clay amber; the stones gave off a multitude of shifting colours. Then across her she espied a flowering bush of flaming purple and ice blue. Daphne drew in a gasp and hurriedly walked over to the plant. On the bush, there were countless flowers and also, richly-scenting berries. She placed her basket on the ground and went to sample a berry and absorb the aroma of the violet flowers. After a good moment of consideration, Daphne pluck a handful of six to nine berries and neatly wrapped them up in a satchel before placing it in the basket where they wouldn't be squashed.

Just then, she accidentally dropped her purse and a red-and-white ball rolled out. The seal rolled until it settled slowly a distance away from Daphne. At the same time, a small-sized bird had hopped out of the undergrowth and chirped cautiously. It eyed the ball warily with a sharp gaze of a pair of glinting almond-shaped eyes. Its small wings were red and yellow, along with its bodily plumage of red-and-green with black accentuates. A tiny vermillion crest shot out from his head and its body was so round and spherical. Daphne noticed the Pokemon and carefully tip-toed forward. In a movement of alarm, the green tiny bird bounced backwards but remained staring at the seal. Slowly, she bent her body down and picked the seal up in her hand. Charmed by its cuteness, Daphne kneeled down near the Pokemon and gently remarked, "Aren't you a cute little thing? How are you, small one?" She giggled and reached out to caress the bird's feathers. It chirped sharply while hopping back. Then, Daphne was drawn to the black beady eyes of the little green bird. Then, its eyes sparkled and a greenish aura surrounded the two of them. Soon, little orbs of bluish-yellow light appeared around Daphne and the bird Pokemon was cloaked in light. Suddenly, space all around her and in the clearing became distorted and she was temporarily blinded by the sudden burst of light.

In a moment's flash, Daphne found herself at a different place all together. She found herself in a beautiful vast clearing and the sky glowed brilliantly in the sky. The air was cooling and a faint gust traveled along the clearing, creating rippling movements in the grass. There were faint figures in the distance and they looked like humans. Daphne gazed around her, taking in the fascinating beauty of her surroundings. Where….where am I? Where is this?

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    Wet. Miserable. There was no cold for him, in his new body. Insulated warm, he wasn't cold and he liked that. Jem had been on his own for a few days now, and his journey was far from easy. He sat there, huddled in his make-shift squat, a fire kept at its embers; not for heat, but to cook his food, provide light. He couldn't draw any attention, for one, those militia men were on the hunt, looking for him. He was a freak. They let him know. With a sigh, he shuddered. The memories came flooding black to him; they were ever so real now as they were when they had actually happened to him. He closed his eyes, he screamed, anything to quit this haunting.... But no matter what he did, those thoughts, they kept coming back to him. They were ingrained so deeply in his head that every time there was a moment of silence, they would poke up and bother him.

===
    Jem looked at his family, for maybe the last time. There was no sadness in his eyes, yet his eyes didn't exactly glimmer with joy either. It was a different feeling, something nearly indescribable. This was not the end of what he has known his whole life. Rather, it was the beginning, a new chapter in his life. With a smile on his face, he walked up to his family and gave them each one last hug goodbye. Stopping at his mom, he ran his hand over his face. "I love you mom. Be safe, be happy." Tears started to well in his eyes at this point, saying goodbye to everything that he ever knew. But like that twinkle in his eyes, these tears spawned from a source just as mysterious. Continuing down the line, saying goodbye he stopped at his dad. "Thank you. For taking me in, for loving me. I'll repay that debt some time." he swore.

"You owe us nothing, Jem," his father explained, "You're my son, dammit. Family. If there is anything we can ever, EVER do for you, then don't you hesitate to ask." The look on his face was grim, serious. "Now go..." He commanded his son.

Jem stepped away from the crowd of people called family. He waved goodbye, and grabbed his bags that were set on the ground. With that, he turned his back, and began the walk to a new life. There was no turning around, no going back. This was his life now, and even if it isn't the one he wanted, it's the one that he has. So instead of complaining, trying to change his destiny, perhaps it would be all the better to just go with it. See where this life takes you; maybe you'll end up being where you're meant to be all along. He shrugged the thoughts of his head. This was no time for any wise-word thinking, he just needed to do this.

A band of militia was rumbling by in a truck, and they sloshed a puddle in his face. It was from the rain of the previous night. It was also just his luck that a small drizzle had started to drop from the sky. He hated the rain now. It made his fur stink, and matted it all down together. He hated that feeling. It was uncomfortable, and he only hoped that he could get used to it. As he stepped out to cross the road, the men in the truck had turned back around.

"There he is! That's the freak!" A man shouted at his allies. The truck sped up and one of the men had pulled a bat out. "Time to die, you freak!" The man shouted as they sped and swung the bat at him. Quicker than a lightning strike, his instincts kicked in. Reaching his Ursaring arm out, he grabbed the bat and yanked on it. The man in the truck had such a tight grip, that he came with it. Jem released the bat on the back swing and the man smacked against a tree. The impact made a sound, the sound of bones-cracking. The sound made Jem shudder. He just... he just hurt someone… He was a monster.

"What the hell? Y-you're a monster kid! You just killed him… just like that." The man made it out to be as if Jem was some type of sociopath serial-killer. "How could you do that? There was nothing inn your eyes…" The man was scared, partially because the boy… no the monster… standing before him could end his life in a second, and partially because he had no idea what t Jem really was.

"I don't want to hurt you." Jem said grimly. "So please, just leave. I can't make any promises on your well-being if you stick around."

The man smirked. "We've taken down tougher beasts than you. We'll be back. You can run, you little freak, but we'll find you, and we'll get revenge for what you've done." The men jumped out of the truck, and lifted their shattered alley into the back. In the moment they were gone, and Jem noticed a little boy sitting in the cab of the truck.

He looked at Jem with those innocent eyes, and spoke, "Why…? Why do you hurt people..? You don't have to be a mean monster…" That made Jem's stomach sink. Like a rock it dropped straight the bottom.
    "I'm n-not. I'm..." Jem stammered he couldn't' bring himself to say the words. Only a monster would cause such an innocent child to witness what he did. Only a monster would kill someone. But it wasn't his fault, they attacked him. They would've killed him if he didn't fight back. "I'm not a monster…" he finally managed the words, but it was too late, the truck was gone.
    ===

Pain. Searing hot, burning pain. Were the Militia men back? Jem dared to open his eyes. He didn't see the faces that were familiar to him. As a matter of fact, he saw nothing. He was confused, big time. He looked around, and among all the forestry green, he barely noticed it. There was little green feathery ball, a Natu. For some reason this little guy had wandered into Jem's… temporary home. It was little odd. Not many would just straight up march into the den of an Ursaring. It rolled forward and poked him with its beak again. It was cute, playful. Jem picked it up, careful not to use too much strength. He brought it up to his eye level, and gave it a stare down. The bird kicked loose and fluttered to Jem's shoulder. The bird began to emit a strange white light. Jem had no idea what was going on. An attempt to shake off the bird was met with failure, it was clinging on hard. In an instant, Jem's vision was filled with the same white glow. When he was able to see again, he was somewhere completely different. The place he came to see was beautiful, warm, welcoming and inviting clearing. He glanced around... others were here. Suddenly, he didn't feel so alone. The other figures were off in the distance, and he hoped that they had more answers than he did. His excitement was easy to tell, you could read it on his face, hear it in his voice, and see it in his body language. For starters, he ran full speed to the group of figures in the distance, a smile painted on his face.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2012
    The one problem with leaving home was that when your MP3 player died from you listening to the same, angry songs over and over, you had hardly anywhere to charge it. Batteries were a rare occurrence in Lana's house, her scientist parents insisted that they relied on solar, water and wind energy to power everything; it was much cheaper to charge her handheld games consoles and music players than to constantly replace batteries. Of course, there was always a local internet café or even the Pewter Museum, but Lana was somewhat far away from both of those places - Mount Moon far away, that was. Not that it was anything like the Mount Moon in records before the war.

The Pokémon of Mount Moon had always been shy; when the mountain was fumigated to make way for a more efficient route between Pewter and Cerulean, not many corpses were found. Even when a more thorough search was carried out, most of the Paras and Sandshrew had burrowed away and the Zubat fled to another cave. Suggestions to blow the place to smithereens were quashed by its heritage, with the fact that scientists still carried out much of their research also contributing to the (not unanimous) decision to preserve it. Therefore, as Lana walked through the carefully laid out passage ways, she occasionally passed a group of university graduates avidly examining the rocks as if they were the first humans to come into contact with them. She had been given the talk about furthering her education, not that she wished to do such a thing. There had been enough judgement at high school, then there was the whole 'juvenile delinquent' thing that no one would really overlook...

She yanked her headphones off her head, allowing them to rest about her neck and bounce slightly as she walked. Her bag was still filled with clean clothes - unlike the rocks under the scrutiny of the wannabe-scientists, they were untouched. If she smelled, so be it. It wasn't as if she wanted human contact at that moment in time - if Lana were the paranoid type she would have regarded the group with more than just disdain. Her words had been swift and without much thought, though she had reason to accuse them of using her. Why else would a child like her be kept around? Scientists were logical people, love was often an alien concept to them.

For a brief second her mind flitted to her biological parents, the faceless woman and... She didn't even know what her so-called father looked like. Hell, she didn't even know which Pokémon had provided her with the lovely dual-species heritage, currently kept in check by the Pokéball stashed between a pair of socks and some navy boxer shorts. Or were they the black ones?

It was then that Lana realised she had been standing in the same place for more than a few minutes, a few minutes which were better spent moving away from the other people, who were now arguing over the ratio of rock types in the vicinity. Though she knew a fair amount as far as sedimentary rocks went, she really wasn't interested. She had to get away, not knowing when the seal would deactivate and not wanting to be seen upon transforming into whatever her father was. They hadn't even said how she would be affected, only that the DNA would cause mutations within her body. Humans weren't used to such things, even the kooky ones.

"Hey, that path's unsafe!"

"Is it even a path?"

Lana turned to raise her eyebrows in the direction of her addressers: two males in lab coats.

"If you're heading to Cerulean, you wanna take that way kid."

"I'm not going to Cerulean," she replied in monotone, not even fazed by their perception of her. It was standard, really. "So get back to your rocks, okay?"

"There's no need to be rude, we were only tryin' to help. What're you doing on your own anyway?"

"Geez, mind your damn business." A music-deprived Lana was slightly more touchy than the regular one. "I'm going my own way and if you follow me... I dunno."

She was bored with them by this point, and demonstrated her feelings by turning around once again and heading off down the left fork, which was poorly lit and covered in "Do Not Enter" signs.

"We're gonna report you to the authorities!" Lana heard somewhere behind her; obviously it had taken a moment or so for one to come up with a threat, let alone have the balls to say it (not that it was a very good one). She snorted and felt her way further down the passageway, as the light sources diminished. After goodness knew how long, there was nothing but pitch-black darkness embracing her.

If I transform here then I guess it's cool,
    she thought, setting down her bag and sitting down herself, knees drawn towards her with chin resting atop of them. The young woman fiddled with the fabric of her cargoes and closed her eyes, not that this made much of a difference. Then, suddenly:

"Clefairy."

"Hm?" She lifted her head, opened her eyes again and looked around, not that there was any point in doing so.

"Clefairy!"

What the? That wasn't a proper word, not to anyone unfamiliar with Pewter City's history. Hidden deep within the alcoves of the museum, before the last of the old artifacts had been destroyed, were documents depicting the strange, pink creatures which supposedly came from the moon and resided within this very mountain.

In any other situation, Lana would have been rather concerned about the dulcet, sing-song cry sounding from afar. Knowing that she was something similar to it, or maybe one of them herself, things were a little different.

"Yo. I'm Lan."

"Clefairy!"

Lana blinked several times, and her eyes widened upon seeing two orbs of white light a few metres in the distance - the Clefairy's face was partially illuminated, and there was a large smile plastered upon it.

"Clefairy, Clefairy!" It sang, the orbs moving left, right... It reminded Lana of something her father had when she was younger. A metronome? "CLEFAIRY!"

The light turned magenta and shot towards the girl, engulfing her in its brilliance. For a split second she simultaneously felt her stomach lurch and her body be sent hurtling... Somewhere. The next thing she was aware of was brightness, a warm breeze and grass tickling her nose. Why couldn't she stay in the cave?

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
    Years
  • Lucas laid on his bed, pacing around in his own mind. Tossing the Pokéball up and catching it, his most pressing thought was, So I'm going to be a Pokémon no matter what. This little sphere caused plenty of trouble, not to mention missing a week of everything outside the home. Well, not everything. He did occasionally turn on the TV or computer and look at the news, or tell his friends-- another problem came across his train of thought. Friends. What would they do if they found out he was part Pokémon? Of course they wouldn't believe him without seeing it, but if they did? Would they be afraid of him? Have him executed? Or maybe caged up and tested.

"That's a matter best saved for later, I guess." He sat up and made his way to his bedroom window, closing the blinds. Lucas finally lowered his mourning rate to manageable levels, and decided he could make it to practice today. Picking up his bag off the floor and getting ready to leave, he checked the bathroom mirror; much to his dismay. "Ugh, I look like Scissorhands." His hair was a mess, face whiter than snow, and dark circles were lining his eyes. He hadn't left the house in a while, so he didn't really notice. Practice could wait, but this was nothing a hot shower couldn't fix.

After Lucas finished his shower and got himself dressed and ready to leave, he heard a gunshot from the distance; probably a Pokémon on the Mahogany border. Another notch on the board. Pulling his gym bag over his shoulder, he hurried down from his room and out to the front door when something on the dining room table caught his eye. It looked like a doll, or an alien, Lucas couldn't really tell what it was. "I can worry about it later." He rushed out of his home and started walking down the street when he saw it again.

The little alien-doll thing was sitting in his neighbor's window sill, staring at the young man. El... He heard it, but didn't see a mouth move. Did that thing even have a mouth? Lucas picked up the pace to a quick walk, almost into a jog, and was obviously creeped out by the thing staring at him like the Mona Lisa. He saw it again and again, on rooftops, in homes, yet... no one else seemed to notice anything but his apparent paranoia. He finally reached the front door to the martial arts building and almost jumped out of his skin when he was about to step on it!

El... It was right in front of him, what looked to be its head tilted back and green button-like shapes looking dead into his eyes. Thoroughly creeped out, and trying to take a step around it, a loud "ELGYEM" rang through his head and he closed his eyes in sheer pain thinking his ear drums would burst. The next thing he opened his eyes to (thankfully not the blinding light or he'd feel totally screwed over) was a clearing in front and a tree below. Obviously, not knowing how to react when caught suspended in the air, he landed on a branch gut-first and slipped to the ground clutching his stomach.

The pain subsided after a short while, only to be replaced by shock and awe in where he'd ended up. He had no clue what to make of the grass or the breeze, but at least that strange creature was gone. The sun was shining and the place looked lush and alive, so maybe it wouldn't be all too bad here; at least for a while. Snapping himself out of his gaze, he took a closer look into his present location and saw a few silhouettes -- possibly people -- in varying directions. One looked like it was shuffling around; another was practically in a breakneck sprint. Lucas found a large tree a shorter distance than the rest of the silhouettes, and a darkened figure underneath. He ended up somewhere from Mahogany Town in an instant, so he might just be going insane. That tiny doll or whatever would have proven that a thousand times over, and I'm starting to think so myself. Not good for my health.

"Only one way to find out, I guess," he muttered in his silence. He straightened his legs and stretched out, picked up his gym bag, and started making a way over to the tree he saw.

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
    Years
  • Lacunosa Town was bright enough with its white walls and buildings, but the combination of the sun's light and the sand's color was blinding. The heat was unlike that of the Village Bridge's, which stayed fairly warm throughout most the year. Perhaps it was the water that had an effect on the temperature. Nonetheless, wherever Johann was now wasn't anything like home. He located the town's information sign and walked up to it.

"Undella Town - A summer retreat with a beach full of people who enjoy summer vacations," the sign read in its big, bold lettering. Johann read the sign a couple of times until he had the name of the town memorized, then headed over towards the beach. He noted the umbrellas set up all across the shore, then headed over to one of them. Although the umbrella provided shade, the sand was still warm beneath his feet. I wonder what this place is like at summer's peak, Johann thought, laying himself beneath the umbrella. I bet it's far more packed than it is now, that's for sure. He began to mutter one of his incantations. This one was for protection from the sun and from any sort of harm. As Johann finished his incantation, he felt his eyes close...

~x~

Johann was fairly certain he was dreaming. All he could see around him was darkness. There was no light, no life, nothing. It was the perfect limbo. I've had stranger dreams. Besides, this one seems like it'll be a relaxing one. Johann was surprised at how loud his own thoughts seemed to be. It was as if they were being spoken aloud. Guess I'll walk around for a bit. He slowly stepped forward before speeding up his pace. As he walked further and further Johann noticed that there was something red...no, yellow...green? up ahead. He stopped to watch the mysterious light, which seemed to alternate colors every few seconds. Rather than run away, Johann decided to approach the source of the lights.

Now a few yards away, Johann could see a shape begin to form. It was humanoid, but not human. It was also green, and the multicolored lights he had seen were coming from its hand. Johann stepped closer to it, but the creature didn't budge. Instead, it looked at Johann with its green eyes.

"El?" The voice resounded in Johann's head loud and clearly. But it wasn't his.

"Is that...you?" Johann asked the creature. It nodded.
    "You're not a Pokemon, are you?" It nodded again.

"Elgyem." The creature cocked its head slightly, as if awaiting some sort of answer.

"What are you doing here? Why are you here?" Johann's curiosity of the creature was rising. The creature seemed to ignore Johann's questions, however, and instead moved closer to him so that its hand was next to his.

"Elgyem. Elllllll!" Without warning, a bright light surrounded Johann and the creature, and Johann felt like he was being lifted out of his dream.

~x~

Johann noted the disappearance of the umbrella he had been under, as well as the warm sand that was supposed to be beneath him. Instead the sun shone high in the sky and grass tickled his skin. Johann sat up and noted the lack to shrubbery around him. There were others around them. Did that creature send these guys here too? Or maybe they came on their own. Everyone has to have a reason for being here, after all. He got up and began humming yet another incantation, this time one for good luck. From this moment on Johann had a feeling that things were about to get much tougher.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Kerin's head flicked around as a dark figure appeared in the distance. He spun around. Another. And another. And another! He stood up quickly, his head darting in different directions, trying to watch all of the shadows at once. Ambush?! Was this another ambush? He started breathing heavily, he started to panic. That stupid psychic Pokémon, that Abra had teleported him to this place so that they could finish him off, finish off what those Zebstrika had started. This was stupid, why had they chosen now to strike? Why when he was with Jane?

He went to pull up his sleeves, to ready himself yet again, when one of the figures started to run towards him. But... it didn't run like a Pokémon. It ran like a human! A person! Was this a trick? An illusion?

Suddenly, his vision started to blur. He blinked a few times, trying to wipe away the smudges that formed on his eyes. Only... it wasn't his eyes, it was the surroundings! The middle of the field began to almost melt in front of him, heat haze forming up from the ground. Then... something flashed! An image was attempting to form in front of his eyes, but it could only get parts of it.

"Jane... can you see that?" He pointed towards it before the air around the haze began to physically crack, like glass. It spiderwebbed around it, like a dome then shattered, the psychic barrier falling to the ground before disappearing. Where the seemingly peaceful grass once stood was four beasts, though they looked more like glowing ghosts than beasts. Monsters! Pokémon? They were all different and glowed different colours. A short but large brown one, a tall and skinny green one, a small blue one and a taller, more well built silver one. Kerin took a step back but then noticed these monsters were not facing him. In fact, they had their back to him and were circled around something. It was hard to see but... yes, it was a man! But not just a man, floating beside the man was, the only way Kerin could describe it, a pink flying fetus cat. Kerin hadn't seen the likes of it before. Ever. But it was unmistakably a Pokémon. The glowing ghost Pokémon growled at the man, before he thrusted his hands foward, blowing the silver ghost back towards Kerin with an invisible force. Kerin quickly grabbed Jane as best he could with his claws and dived out of the way before the silver ghost skidded past them, sliding back several dozen meters from where it stood. The man then stopped as he noticed that he wasn't as alone as he thought he was.

"Finally, you're all here! Mew, it worked! This is fantastic!" He yelled out. His voice was quite gruff, though he sounded pleased. Kerin looked around at the dark figures again, their attention all on the man. What exactly had worked, and why was he grouping these shadowy figures with Kerin? Kerin looked back at the man, he could now see him clearly since that giant ghost Pokémon thing was out of the way. He was middle aged, maybe 40 or 50, fit with a short goatee and silver hair pulled back into a short pony tail. He was grinning quite stupidly, turning to face all of the shadows, as well as Kerin and Jane. He then nodded and pressed his hands towards another ghost, the brown one this time, forcing it back between two of the shadows. The pink fetus cat thing bounced around next to him, a shrill cry could be heard from it over the grumbling of the ghosts. The green ghost stepped forward and lurched its head forward towards the man, creating a green slice through the air. The man jumped back, narrowly dodging the slice before the blue ghost sent out a jet of water, hitting the man back, sending him flying through the air. Kerin heard a growl behind him and spun around as the silver ghost got back up. The man rolled back up to his feet, the pink Pokémon by his side again, and sent the green and blue ghosts flying with a thrust of his hand.

"What are you doing? You g--aaaaggghh!" the man went flying as the brown ghost rammed into him, forcing him across the field. Kerin's eyes were fixated on the silver ghost though. What did he do? He didn't know how to use his powers, but the silver Pokémon was looking right at him, as if it was trying to grab Kerin's life with its eyes. Think, Kerin, think! How did you use your powers last time? It was... it was an act of pure emotion last time, he was angry! But now, Kerin wasn't angry. He was pissing himself where he stood. He had never liked Pokémon very much and now one was staring at him, ready to kill. What the hell did he do?! "Fight!"

Kerin pulled his hoodie off, threw it onto the ground, counted himself in then dashed forward towards the silver ghost, arms and claws raised to strike. The ghost followed suite and ran towards Kerin at full speed, its head down, ready to ram itself into Kerin. Kerin wanted to move, he wanted to get out of the way, but there was not enough time and there was only one thing he could rely on, and that was his stupidity.

"Go on Kerin, you can do this!" He egged himself on as he grew dangerously close to the silver Pokémon. He needed that dark fire again, that dark energy. He closed in and at the very last second, Kerin held a clawed fist out, screwed his eyes up tight and lurched his arm forward, into the silver ghost. He yelled a battle cry as he felt his arm come into contact with something but the sheer momentum of both forces was too much and every force needs an equal or opposite reaction. Hence, both Kerin and the silver ghost were sent flying in opposite directions, Kerin sliding and stopping next to one of the shadows, rolling over to lie on his back. He opened his eyes and looked at what stood near him. Another person! Though, this person was not like Kerin or Jane. This person was normal. Though Kerin was having a hard time identifying this person, his eyes were all blurry and it was hard to focus.

"That's the way!" The man's voice rang out. "We need to defeat these Pokémon!"

(OOC: Action! Go check out my post in the OOC to get a bit of a better idea of things for everyone!)

Last edited:

Nakuzami

Years
  • Destiny Saviouer
    Entralink Island
    Ghost Fight, begin.

-----

After a moment, I took in my surroundings. I was in some sort of field, a beautiful field at that. On all sides of me, in the distance, were silhouettes of... people? I couldn't be sure, but I doubted that they were Pokemon. After all, if this was some sort of ambush, the Pokemon would likely be closer to me.

After another moment, the center of the field began to... it looked like it was melting? How was that possible? Unless it was some sort of barrier that a Pokemon had made? Well, whatever it was, it was coming down, and pretty fast too.

Once the barrier, or whatever it was, finished having its nervous meltdown, four figures stood in the center of the field. One was very small and blue, another was short, muscular-looking, and brown, the third was tall, slim, and green, and the last was tall, well built, and silver. They all kind of looked like ghosts... or perhaps projections. Yes, they had to be projections. I knew Pokemon did not look like that, but their figures might, and it would explain the different colors.

It took me a minute but I soon realized that the four figures were surrounding two more figures; a man and a weird cat-thing. The cat was pink and it was floating, it was definately a Pokemon. It was adorable, and by the looks of it, the man trusted it. The man himself was older looking, perhaps around fifty years old. He had short grey hair tied up in a ponytail, and a little goatee to go along with it.

"Finally, you're all here! Mew, it worked! This is fantastic!" Okay, so apparently the cat was Mew, a cute name to go along with a cuter Pokemon, and apparently they had brought us here? Well, perhaps everyone was visited by a psychic-type Pokemon like I was. It also looked like Mew was of the psychic-type. Apparently I knew more about Pokemon than I had originally thought.

The man proceeded to punch, or something along those lines, the silver projection. The silver projection was sent flying, and it landed next to the silhouettes of two of the other people. The man was definately strong, too strong to be completely human. That raised my suspicions, but also my hopes. Perhaps he was the same as me? Maybe all these people were? That would be... horrid, but extremely great at the same time. I wouldn't be alone.

"What are you doing? You g--aaaaggghh!" The man started to speak again but was cut off as the brown projection rammed him. The Mew had sent the green and blue projections flying, and they too landed near other people's silhouettes. I decided that it would probably be better to try to help the man, and the others. One silhouette was already fighting with the silver projection. The silver projection attacked that silhouette and sent him flying-towards me.

I moved a few feet back as the silhouette, now clearly a boy about my age, landed near my feet. I then realized I had still had my hood up and my hoodie on from my walk. It would probably be better to leave the hoodie on for now though, to protect a bit from injuries. I put my hood down though as I walked over to the boy.

"Are you alright?" I asked as I offered him my hand.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    Jem drew nearer to the people. He didn't recognize any of them. This put him a bit on edge, but he shook his inhibitions away. For one good reason, they looked just as confused and stunned as he was. Truly if they meant him harm, then hey would have gone at him before he even got a chance to come to the understanding of his surroundings. As Jem went to approach some people, either to calm his nerves about the unknown, or to get answers, something stopped him dead in his tracks.

The air in front of him began to melt. Haze, steam, whatever you want to call it was filling the center of the clearing. What the hell is going on..? Jem thought to himself. Things like this only happened in fairy tales. Of course, what was he to say with everything that's already happened and been explained to him? This occurrence made just about as much sense as everything else that happened to him for the past few weeks.

"…" Jem tried to speak, to ask if anyone else could see what he was. But for some reason, no words could come to his mouth. Then he felt extremely hot, this extra insulation brought about, it was killing him. Maybe I'm still back at home… he thought, maybe… I'm sick. Maybe I had a heat stroke, and I'm imagining things.. It had to be. It all made sense.

The haze, or whatever it was, began to crack. Like glass, it spider webbed around, before completely falling through. As the pieces of the barrier fell to the ground, they dissolved into nothingness. What he saw didn't give him any answers. It only led to more questions, more questions, and… more questions. There were figures in the center. Who are they? he thought. What are they doing here? They certainly weren't like any of the other people that he has seen around. Did they cause the barrier…? His mind was flush with a thousand more questions, questions he knew that he would probably would never get the answers to. At least not now.

Jem stared intensely at the ghost-like creatures before him. Even though his attention was focused on them, it seemed to be that they didn't even notice his presence. Or they didn't care. What those creatures were focusing on, rather, was a man, and a floating pink cat? That was confusing to Jem. He assumed it had to be a Pokémon, but other than the ones on his farm, he hadn't heard much. Then he remembered his brother telling him a story he had heard from his friend who heard that from his older brother, and then a lot more confusing train of the hand me down tale. Most of the tale hadn't stuck out to him, what did though, made him to believe that this Pokémon, or creature, was named Mew. As for the man, he couldn't place a name on him if he tried.

The man in the center seemed to wield incredible power, tossing these ghosts around without even touching them. Silver one flew in the midst of two people and landed on the ground, seemingly finished.

"Finally, you're all here! Mew, it worked! This is fantastic!" the man shouted. From what Jem could now see, this man was quite old, with silvery hair tied back into a ponytail, and short little goatee. What the man said had just about confirmed the tale Jem had heard, this creature was indeed Mew.

Jem watched as he then he launched a brown ghost passed Jem, landing a bit behind him. He ignored him, focused on what was unfolding before him. The green ghost attacked, slicing through the air with vibrant green energy, he missed. Then the blue ghost shot a surge of water, nailing the man in the back, sending him through the air. As he got back up, he used his power to send those two ghosts flying off as well.

"What are you doing? You g--aaaaggghh!" The man was trying to explain something? Tell them something? But the brown ghost had gone up and rammed him, cutting him short. This made Jem a little angry. These ghosts seemed more threatening than the man did, and he already had a liking to the man. He seemed friendly, nice, he smiled a lot like Jem did.
    Facing the brown ghost, he glared him down. Jem was big, but this thing brought a whole new meaning to big. This thing also sent a man flying across the field. A man who also had incredible power. Jem didn't know if he would fare well, but he decided he'd give it his best shot should it come down to it. The creature came charging at Jem, and his first instinct was to dash out of the way. He narrowly avoided the thing, falling to the ground as he stepped out of the way. He stumbled to his feet, and the creature was already upon him. It had pinned him to the ground. Jem began to thrash about flailing his arms around, attacking the creature. A side-hook to the left front leg knocked it off balance, and Jem skittered about beneath him. He was fighting on pure instinct, his eyes white and glossy, life-less. Charging the creature, he leapt forward, grabbing a hold of a horn and punching it in the face. It let out snorts of discontent and attempted to toss Jem on. But his grip was strong.

Jem finally regained his senses, gripped on to the creature's horn for dear life. It was running somewhere, full speed. Jem wormed around, and the creature flailed him into a tree. Instantly, the tree was uprooted and splintered into a bunch of pieces. Large chunks of wood stuck into Jem's back, and a few had gouged the side of the creatures face. Jem struggled to get up, and he barely managed to with his strength. This creature was a lot stronger than any fight he has ever been in before. Winded, beaten, and in pain, he staggered over to a tree to catch his breath, regain his composure. Glancing back over, the creature seemed to be in some kind of pain. It was fighting with the same charisma of before. It glared at him, and stamped his foot on the ground, prepping for another charge. Jem's grip tightened on the tree. He really didn't think he could take another hit, but he was ready.

Jem never really was good at baseball. He was that kid who could run like hell, and hit the ball a good distance. But that was his problem; he never could hit the ball. Of course, this creature was no baseball. Using his strength, he lifted the tree out of the ground. "Do your worst." In that instant, the creature was upon him. He hadn't realized it, but he met the creature half way, which was actually a good thing. Swiping at his feet with his bat, he knocked the creature down. Jem went to swing again, not realizing that the tree had once again shatter on impact. He swung through the air. There was only a stump in his hand, so he turned to run. The creature had got back to its feet, and gave chase. Turning around, Jem hurled the stump back towards the creature, nailing it in the face. That slowed it down a little, giving Jem the lead he needed to stay out of harms way. He ducked to the side behind a large tree. In, out. Jem exhaled deeply, and the noticed the pain in his back from the splinters. He reached around and felt them; they were huge, probably the only thing keeping the blood in. He felt three. This would soon be a problem. In deep breaths, he slid down to a sitting position, relaxing against the trees.

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
    Years
  • Johann had just finished chanting when the haze appeared. It reminded him a bit of the fog the lake below the Village Bridge would have every now and then. But he didn't recall ever seeing the source of the haze melt. And the haze beginning to crack was definitely new to him. Is it...magic? he thought, unable to avert his gaze from the phenomena. He began to follow one of the cracks with his finger, shifting over to another crack whenever the first crack converged with it. Eventually, the cracks seemed to outline a barrier of some sort, which Johann managed to trace with his finger before it shattered altogether.

The man and creature appeared almost immediately after the barrier disappeared. Johann's first assumption was that the creature was also a Pokemon and had teleported the man here, until he realized that the barrier was likely there to conceal the two. His gaze then shifted to the ghostly figures surrounding the man and creature, though the brown one particularly caught his attention. Its stature reminded him of a Pokemon...Stoutland, was it? that had been under the care of one of Johann's neighbors for some time. Until the other villagers had said neighbor get rid of it, of course. Johann remembered his neighbor's young daughter bawling while the normally easygoing villagers threw stones and sticks and whatever they could get their hands on to scare the Pokemon out of their home. The memory made Johann's stomach ache. It may have been a Pokemon, but what did it ever do to the villagers to make them see it in an antagonistic way? Was it out of fear? No, it had to have been out of anger. They had to defend their home from feral Pokemon during the time of the storm, before Johann was born.

"Finally, you're all here! Mew, it worked! This is fantastic!" The man's booming voice forced Johann out of his thoughts. He assumed that "Mew" was the pink creature, as the name seemed to fit something with such a catlike appearance. Johann set his gaze on Mew, following its every move. His fixed gaze didn't last long. Without warning, the ghostly figures began to attack the man.

"What are you doing? You g--aaaaggghh!" The man seemed to be having a bit of trouble with the ghostly figures, but Johann sensed that it wasn't just the man they were going to attack. He watched as two of the others went after the silvery ghost, while one other went after the brown one. The one that reminded him of that pet Pokemon. The one that was now doing quite a bit of damage to the person fighting it. Johann feared for the guy's life, no matter how big the guy was, no matter how powerful he looked, with that inhuman arm of his. He then watched as the guy lifted a tree and swung it at the ghostly figure. Such power... The Village Bridge could use a guy like him. The brown figure slowed down a little, and Johann followed the guy's movements. Despite having such a large stature (not to mention a fuzzy, powerful-looking arm), the guy still seemed to be in somewhat poor shape as he took refuge. The brown figure had recovered, now facing Johann.

"So, this is how's it gonna be, huh?" Johann closed his eyes and muttered a quick chant, one for protection. When he opened his eyes he discovered the figure charging at him. But before the figure could ram him Johann jumped to the left, watching the figure come to a halt when it realized that it had missed its target. It turned around and began to charge again, but Johann stepped to the side again as it ran past him. I won't be able to dodge forever, he thought, reaching towards his pocket. His hand was halfway in when he stopped. I don't want to unseal my powers, though. I don't want to fight this thing, either. It reminds me too much of that Stoutland, of that girl... Before Johann knew it the tree the other guy had used to fight with was floating in the air. Johann took his hand out of his pocket, and watched as the tree seemed to float upwards, as if following his hand's movements. It looks like I have no choice. Johann let out a deep sigh.

"I'm sorry to have to do this to you, but there are still many questions I need answered!" Johann exclaimed, rapidly throwing his arm in the direction the brown figure was in. The tree mimicked the movement, crashing into it with full force. However, the figure seemed to shrug it off, and prepared to ram Johann yet again. Johann readied his arm for one more strike, but a sharp pain cut through his body. The tree fell to the ground, causing the earth beneath Johann to vibrate a little. Aw, crap. The creature was now charging towards Johann yet again. But without a weapon Johann had to dodge yet again. I won't die like this. I can't die like this. I may not like these powers so much, but I don't think I can live without them. Please, give me a little help here. Anything will do! The brown figure charged, this time faster than ever before. Johann closed his eyes, fearing the worst.

Nothing. There was no pain, no force, no feeling of being thrown back. Johann opened his eyes, and to his surprise found the brown figure floating high in the air. Giving a sigh of relief, Johann began to concentrate on lifting the figure even higher than it currently was. This somehow worked, and the brown figure gave what seemed to be a deep yelp as it drifted higher and higher up. Maybe I can lift it into space or something... As soon as the last word exited Johann's mind the pain returned. The brown figure began falling to the ground at a high speed. Johann didn't expect it to take much damage, seeing how it was ghostly-looking, but the figure proved him wrong as it hit the ground with a loud "thump". The ground shook even more than it had when the tree landed. Johann watched for movement, but the figure seemed to be worn out. It would recover soon, just as it did previously. But for now, Johann could relax.

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • For some time Lyle walked through the grassy fields without a second thought, distraction or anything to disturb the peace he had found. The calm little breeze echoed in and out. The sun staring down on him. It was a nice change of pace compared to the urban hell that Unova had become.

Peace never lasts.

In the distance, Lyle saw several different figures scattered across the field. They were definitely humans. That much was obvious. At first, Lyle thought he was in a field close to a town or something. "I could probably ask for directions…then," Lyle said barely making out the last word. It was in that instant of slurred speech that a spectacle like no other occurred. Haze, or at least something like it, cracked like a piece of glass struck by a sledgehammer. Pieces rained down on the ground and disappeared like magic. Four beasts of varying size, shape, color stood where the haze once stood. They glistened in the sun, almost as if they were glowing. They were quite large in their own way. The one that caught his attention the most was the silver one. Its majestic size was something to be amazed at. Lyle was quite far from this whole ordeal and could not grasp what they were or what they were doing. His first thought that it was a fancy light show, or perhaps an opulent magic show. This theory was supported by the fact that as Lyle crawled closer to the beasts, an older man stood before them as if he summoned them. Perhaps he was the magician, Lyle thought. He was clearly speaking to them, but Lyle could only hear bits and pieces as he crawled closer, hugging the ground.

"Mew, it worked! This is fantastic!" Lyle barely heard it over the breeze. Mew. The name sounded familiar. Lyle may have read it somewhere. And he did remember his brother bringing it up after his trip to Kanto last year. What it was…Lyle couldn't recall off the top of his head. It possibly was related to the floating pink creature next to the men. As Lyle lost himself in thought, he also lost track of what happened before him. Lyle focused on the field and heard a scream of agony as the man was sent flying across the field. It appeared that the summoned glowing beasts turned on his master. Lyle couldn't help but wince at the strike. It looked painful.

Lyle peered closer and saw the shadows of the other people from earlier jump into the fire of battle and fight. What could possibly motivate someone into fighting towering beasts like those? Ones that easily pummeled a full grown man with such ease. It was foolish. Borderline idiotic. Screw that, it was idiotic. Running away, even if one is being attacked just seems like a better idea. Then again, Lyle realized he fought several times despite being severely outnumbered. It was hypocritical to not tell them to fight…but this…this was different. This wasn't a gang fight. This was a fight against magical beasts.

Agonizing whether or not to help, the decision became a little easier. The silver one that Lyle admired earlier crashed down near Lyle. It seemed to have been struck by one of the shadows in the distance. Whatever the shadow hit him with, it was impressive. Lyle looked down at the silver beast. It was incredibly large, standing about a foot taller than Lyle. It was well-built with horn-like things coming from his head. It became to twitch and slowly rose from the ground. Lyle inched a back as it stood tall trying to strike fear into Lyle. Well, it worked. The beast began to stare down Lyle as if it wanted to strike fear into Lyle's soul before killing him slowly. Lyle closed his eyes and shook his head. "Your cheap parlor tricks ain't gonna work on me your overgrown silver piece of cr-"

Lyle's boastful words were spoken at a poor time as the beast swung its large head and set Lyle flying like a rag-doll in an explosion. A cry of anguish fittingly followed as he crashed to the ground and coughed up some blood. It was obvious the beast didn't hold back. It smelled blood in the water. Wincing in pain, Lyle managed to pick himself off the ground and wipe the blood from his face. Luckily, none dripped on his clothes. That would of pushed him over the edge. He lost his cigarette, forcing him to light a new one. Fighting with a cigarette in his mouth calmed his nerves and let him think straight. Standing straight up, Lyle braced himself for another attack. The silver beast charged head first, its head shining like a piece of metal. The attack was predictable and Lyle easily leapt out of the way, making sure to clear enough distance between him and the beast. The beast shifted around to look at Lyle, its eyes burning with frustration. Lyle smirked and bolted in the other direction, leading him to a small gathering of trees. The silver beast followed, of course, wanting Lyle to be nothing more than a beaten corpse, charging head first with a slight growl. Lyle hid behind a single tree for a while before the silver beast crushed it with unparalleled strength. He repeated this process for some time, hoping to outsmart the beast.

A rather large tree called out to Lyle and using his momentum and athleticism climbed the tree. The silver beast charged, striking it with its iron head. The tree slowly crashed down, but not before Lyle mounted the silver beast, grabbing its head with a tight grip. The beast failed to loosen Lyle's tight grip on its yellow horn, flailing around like a fish out of water. The beast made its way back into the open field, Lyle still holding on to dear life. Sweating out of nervousness, Lyle felt his grip loosen. "God damn it! Calm down!" Lyle ordered it to no avail. "Not listening, eh? How about this?" With a snicker of anger, Lyle began to strike the beast with all he had left in its face. With each punch, Lyle felt a wave of pain enter his body. It was like punching metal. Despite feeling like the bones in his right hand were broken, Lyle continued to punch the Pokemon repeatedly. Each punch only angered the beast and began to flail more violently, almost sending Lyle soaring through the air, his left hand holding on to dear life. Hoping what he learned in school wasn't a lie, he had hoped the composition of the beast's body would lead to his single spark of inspiration actually working.

As the beast began to slowly stop flailing like an untamed monster out of fatigue, Lyle improvised a wrestling move to execute on the beast. Grabbing it by the neck and with a front flip, Lyle drove the beast's face into the ground (OOC: Look up the cutter on google. Its a wrestling move.) The beast's long neck worked against it as the weight of its head and neck pulled the beast down. Lyle's body crashed and rolled on the floor, and he was likely covered in bruises from the fall. But at the very least, the beast was incapacitated for some time.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    "Are you alright?"

Kerin blinked as the person lowered... her hood. So it was a girl. She offered him an outstretched hand but Kerin didn't take it, instead he helped himself up. He didn't want to hurt her hands anyway with... his arms! He quickly hid his arms around his back as he realised he wasn't actually wearing his own hoodie anymore, though the gesture was probably unnecessary; his arms, like they were, were heavily noticeable. Even a stupid person could see that.

"I'm fine," he said, stepping back away from her. Her notion was kind and all, but Kerin really didn't want to hurt her or scare her or something. If he was to take of his shirt, there would be a stupid amount of bruises and scratches from Kerin himself trying to do something simple, like washing himself or trying to put a shirt on. His worst, regrettably, was on his back from where he had an itchy spot. Man, did that turn messy.

There was a roar and a crash and Kerin spun around, seeing another person taking on the silver ghost. Kerin, wide eyed, watched in disbelief as a person faced the silver monster and forced it to the ground, taking him with it. This guy... this guy was strong! As strong as Kerin? He looked around at the other shadows, no, people, were they like him too? He glanced back at the girl.

"Can you..." Kerin made a face. It was hard to ask that sort of question. Hey, hello, are you a freak? "Can you d- ah!" His reflexes kicked in as he quickly jumped back, a jet of water exploded between the two of them. Kerin's eyes followed it back to see the blue ghost, staring them both down. Oh great. Why couldn't they be humans?! This would be so much easier if it was a bunch of bullies ganging up on one person. He could punch them, lesson learned, they could all go home having learned something (or not. It didn't really matter). But, with Pokémon, it wasn't so easy. Kerin hated them as much as he was scared of them. He had seen what they could do, he had seen what they are capable of. It pissed him off that they just attacked, without warning or reason. They weren't like people. They were all monsters. Mindless demons.

Nakuzami

Years
  • Destiny Saviouer
    Entralink Island
    Keldeo Toss!

-----

The boy decided to ignore my offer and get up on his own. How pleasant. A moment after that, he panicked a little and tried to hide his arms behind his back. Yeah, like I hadn't noticed them. Nice try.

"I'm fine," He took a step back before he spun around and began watching someone else attack the silver projection. "Can you..." The boy made a face after he glanced back at me. What? Could I what? Summon some huge storm from hell like the evil Pokemon? No, no I could not. In fact, I didn't know what I could do, I was still a little confused on that part. "Can you d- ah!" A blast of water caused the boy to jump back and us to be separated.

The blue projection stopped and turned around to face us. This could not be good. "Crap." I said as I tried to think of something to do. What could I do? All I had done so far was some how send that one jerk in school flying, and I don't even know how I did that! Well, I had to think of something fast, because the blue projection looked ready to charge.

"Come on, come on, think! I've gotta be able to do something!" I whispered to myself. The blue projection lifted a leg, "Something! Like, like," It began to lower its head, "I made some sort of... wind? Yes, it was some sort of wind that last time." It began to run in my direction, "So, let's try this again!" I ducked as the projection leaped, and I saw an oppurtunity. I stretched out my arms and grabbed its hind leg. I pulled, spun around with it once, and tossed it. As I tossed it, I could feel a breeze go by me, and the projection flew a few yards before it hit a tree.

I blinked a few times, stunned. "Wow, I must be stronger than I thought." Unfortunately for us, the projection stood back up, and it looked angrier somehow. "Hey, boy!" I called over to the boy I had tried to help up earlier. "You ready to fight?"

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
    Years
  • A haze overtook the air ahead of Lucas, distorting and shattering it in a domed formation. What emerged as the gas disappeared was abnormal at the least. Four monsters, maybe Pokémon, were circled around another figure. Human-like, and something pink and small was flitting around it. The silver beast was blown away in an instant towards Kerin, but his figure seemed to have gotten out of the way in time.

"Finally, you're all here! Mew, it worked! This is fantastic!" He spoke, looked around, and blew away the brown beast, too.

What worked? And... "Mew"? Lucas had to take a moment to process the name. He unzipped his gym bag, sliding the Pokéball inside into his pants' pocket and dropping the bag before looking around. It was unlikely that this place had somewhere to run, but it was worth a shot if he couldn't fight; and these ghost-things appeared to be getting agitated. They started to fight back, too.

The green one, looking somewhat like a doe, wasn't able to land a hit, but a stream of water flew from the blue beast and knocked the man down before they were both sent soaring. The green one in particular was sent flying straight to Lucas, who proceeded to run back a few meters to keep from getting crushed by a flying deer.

"What are you doing? You g--aaaaggghh!" The man fighting was knocked out of the way by the brown beast; he needed help. The other silhouettes in the area started to join the fray as well. Why shouldn't Lucas? Oh yeah, he's still just a normal human. Not like he can do much. The brawling figures did impress him quite a bit, which caught his attention. One even lifted a downed tree and swung it like a bat, and the one that lost his hoodie was apparently contending well despite being knocked away.

While Lucas was awed, the green beast had its time to stand up and tower over him by well over a foot. It would have stomped on him, too, if he hadn't dived out of the hoof's way. Standing up and dusting himself off, the blasted thing was already raring up for a head-long charge and about to run. Lucas closed his eyes and latched his hands onto the incoming horns when it did, digging his toes into the ground as if he could stop it as a burning sensation in his palms was succeeded by a light emanating from between them and the horns. Trying to turn his body so he wouldn't get run over, the young man practically threw the deer-beast across the ground skidding and kicking up dirt; something he hardly managed in his martial arts matches, so it was probably out of momentum. It would have been nice to be the reason, though.

"That's the way! We need to defeat these Pokémon!" So they were Pokémon. Which ones, though? He'd never seen them before, even in books. Well, he could ask later. The green Pokémon was disoriented while it was getting up, so he could at least prepare to take another blow if he hasn't broken his hands yet.

tenthcompanion

Glass Cannon
    Years
  • Rose had been baking and decorating cupcakes all day. She had no idea what she was going to do with them all. Delicious as they were, there was no way she could eat dozens of cupcakes. Not without getting really fat and REALLY sick. Still, she continued to bake anyways. Working in the kitchen always made her feel better, and she'd been kind of stressed lately. Finding out you're adopted AND you're half-pokemon AND you have magical powers can stress a girl out. She finished putting the tiny gum-paste flowers on the third batch of cupcakes and put them in the fridge so the icing wouldn't melt. Wiping her hands on her sunflower apron, she went back to her room for a while.

The seal was sitting right next to her computer, in plain sight. Rose had tried to hide it somewhere to make her feel better, but that plan didn't work at all. Actually, the fact that she couldn't see her seal made her even more anxious. At least she knew it wasn't about to crack or anything if it was sitting on her desk. She picked it up and rolled it around in her hands. It was hard to imagine that such a simple little thing could make so much of an impact on her life. She thought about opening it sometimes, but never very seriously. It was just interesting to imagine what her life would be like once the seal broke. She would look like a freak, obviously, but would her appearance be the only thing that changed? No one knew what exactly was held within this seal. Maybe some of her personality would change too. Maybe her entire personality. Who knows what 'awakening her powers' would do? There was more at stake here than her looks.

She was making herself stressed out again, but she had used up all the flour so she couldn't bake anymore. Instead, she placed the seal in her bag, flung it over her shoulder and left the house. "I'm going for a walk!" she shouted as she was closing the door. No need for her parents to worry about where she'd gone.

Rose's walk took her to the edge of Pinwheel forest once again. It was like the place was calling to her, beckoning her to enter the forest. She never actually went in, but this time was different. This time, something in the forest had changed. Right at the entrance, a white and green pokemon was spinning and dancing away. It stopped when Rose appeared. "Kirli~ Kirlia~" It bowed to her and danced deeper into the forest.

"Hey, wait!" Rose called out to the pokemon. She followed it into the forest, paying no attention to the other wild pokemon that may be hiding somewhere. Something about this dancing pokemon made her feel compelled to follow.

"Kirlia~ Kirliaaa~" it called from a distance. When Rose finally caught up to it, the pokemon was standing on top of a huge mossy rock. She looked around at her unfamiliar surroundings. She had never ventured this far into the forest before. Turning back to the pokemon, she noticed that it had started glowing white. Wait... she was glowing white too! What was going on here?

~~~~~

Rose opened her eyes to a clear blue sky and the sun shining in her face. Squinting, she sat up and looked around. What had happened to the forest? There were hardly any trees anywhere now. Just fields of grass as far as the eye could see. She stood up to see if she could get a better view, but with no luck. Still only grass and some tree-- wait... Was that tree moving? No, it wasn't a tree, it was a person! Maybe they could tell her where she was. Rose dusted herself off and made her way towards the person in the distance.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    She could do something indeed as the girl took on the blue ghost as it charged forward, grabbed it by its back legs and threw it. Yeah, threw it. Threw it quite a ways too, as it flew a few meters into a tree and smashed it in two. Kerin blinked. So he wasn't the only freak then. Though, from what he could see, he was the only one (other than Jane) who looked like one. Unless the other people were, he couldn't tell.

"Hey boy! You ready to fight?" Kerin swallowed and nodded slowly, stepping forward. Just fight like you would a person, no big deal. He joined the girl by her side as the Pokémon got up again and charged, more pissed off than before. It was roaring, if you could call it that since it was rather high pitched compared to the others, and had its mouth wide open. Oh crap, that was easy to see what that meant. Kerin pushed the girl aside as it fired yet another jet of water. The water missed both of them and so did the blue ghost; it ran between the two, tapping Kerin on the arm with one of its "horns". It spun around when it realised it had passed its targets and looped around, this time aiming for the girl. Kerin jumped in front of her as it dashed forward, its head lowered. Did they do nothing but ram?

"St-stop it!" Kerin grabbed the horns, trying to slow down the blue ghost. No, no, it wasn't a blue ghost, it was a stupid bully. It was one of the kids who had teased Frederick. It was one of the kids who had punched Axel in the nose. It was one of the kids who had pulled Dana's hair. "You ass hole!" Kerin pulled him arm back as he slid along with the... thing and punched it down this time, square in the head. That did the trick as the ghost's legs collapsed below it and its face went sliding into the grass. Kerin, still holding onto one of the horns, slid with it before he let go. Was... was it dead?

Nope, as it got back up to its feet, snorting quite violently. Ah crap. Maybe they needed to go about this with teamwork.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • Matthew crashed blindly through the forest, urged on by adrenalin and the need to get away from the hell hole where he had spent his life. It was also partially due to the fact that Pokémon inhabited the forested areas; and Matthew was not ready to run into one of those all too soon as he had nothing but his fists to defend himself. Against a Pokémon, his fists were downright useless. So he continued to run, hoping to find some sort of clearing where he could better protect himself, but as it happened, fate decided to intervene.

"Fu---" Matthew cried as he went flying forward, his foot having caught on a flimsy root, tripping him up. He barrelled into the ground, shifting his weight slightly to his left so that his left side went into the soft ground. Matthew managed to keep up momentum and roll for a bit before being abruptly stopped at the base of a giant oak tree. Breathing heaving, he quickly surveyed his body for any bleeding wounds; finding a couple of spots that would bruise heavily later, but no open wounds.

A soft noise instantly grasped Matthew's attention; the afternoon had been silent save for his wild crash through the undergrowth. Instantly he straightened his back and swivelled his head from side to side, looking for the source of the noise. Breathing heavily he slowly and quietly inched back towards the trunk of the tree, continuously looking about for any sign of a Pokémon.

He sighed heavily, "Maybe I was just hearing things," he spoke to himself, resting his head against the trunk and looking up into the foliage above. Within two seconds he was up off the ground, heart beating in his chest and backing away from the tree he had been resting against.

When Matthew had leant back, he had gazed into the black eyes of a Weedle, suspended only millimetres from his face. With a loud curse he bounded up and started backing away. The Weedle gave him a look that said, "What did I do?" before it retracted itself into the foliage above.

Now that even the trees above him were not safe, Matthew continued on, huddled up and looking around in panic, waiting for something else to 'drop' in on him. He continually turned around, making sure nothing was following and soon, he became disorientated, losing the way he was going and now stumbling through the underground, unknowing of the path he was walking. He rounded another tree and turned around to walk backwards in case something had decided to follow him. As he turned back around he felt a tree root give way and he stumbled to the ground.

He hit the ground with a large 'oomph', the wind racing out of his lungs. Looking to his right he saw the marks on the soft ground where his body had hit the ground after tripping up and cursed inwardly at having gone around in a circle. On the breath in he looked up, standing over top of him was none other than an Abra. The Pokémon gave a soft 'meow' resembling the soft noise Matthew had heard before Matthew screamed in terror. It lifted a finger and pointed it at Matthew, as he cuddled up into the foetal position in fear, and began to glow and eerie purple colour. Matthew saw his vision go white and his scream chocked in his throat; the sense of teleportation new to him.

Matthew breathed in as his vision was restored; the scenery he had left replaced by a big open field. The only problem was that he was suspended a few metres above the ground. As soon as the teleportation was finished, Matthew fell from the spot, knocking a small pink creature out of the air and falling to the ground. He broke his fall by rolling on his side. This time, Matthew did not roll into a tree trunk; he managed to roll into a pair of green legs. He glanced up at the great, green beast that towered over him; a look of anger in its eyes. In a moment of fright Matthew froze in fear; not knowing of the others fighting this beast and others like it, he quickly accepted that this was perhaps the moment that he was going to die.

Back