• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emblem Sketcher's Competition

Masqueraine

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2011
    Alright guys, here's a list of things we need to figure out.

- Who wants to post the main thread?
    - Can any of us do CSS?
    - We need to set guidelines and ask who the staff judges are.
    - And last we need to set how long we're going to be accepting submissions and how they're going to do that.

This should be pretty easy, and if neither of you mind I'd like to setup the main post. I don't care who posts it but I just want to make sure it looks presentable, and of course you guys can choose what's in it.

Pertaining to the second point, I can't do CSS, so that will either have to be up by one of you guys, or we can borrow it from somebody. Or even if one of you know somebody on the forum who could make us our own, that would work as well.

Guidelines are kind of obvious. When I have time or if one of you does it before me, we need to check what the size of the emblem is. Then we can set up a template for people to post in and whatnot.

Lastly we might need to set a period off for voting, but I'll check with an admin about that after to be sure. It's possible that the voting might happen afterwards considering the staff are making the final decision.

Also last bit wasn't lastly haha, but do you guys want to offer an icon? I think I might have seen one on the forums for making emblems, so that's another thing we'll be looking into!

..and I'm done, have at it team.

Last edited:

Elite Four Lucian

Elite Four - Psychic User
    Years
    Thank you very much Curious, your help is greatly appreciated.

Masqueraine, I spoke to Hiroshi, and we as Hosts choose the judges, I believe we would need some, but I wanted to talk it over with you, since it seems Galukxy is a bit busy with other Events he is hosting. Now, I know some CSS, but not enough to make a well made CSS layout..I don't know of anyone who can do it either. But we really need to sit down and really talk about the Theme and other essentials people need to take into consideration when creating an Emblem for this Contest.

Masqueraine

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2011
    I was thinking a good idea would be to separate it into three different categories, or themes, based on different types of emblems. That way people could choose to make one emblem, or three if they they wanted, which has the chance to increase the number of emblems made.

The categories could be pokemon themed emblems, milestone achievement emblems and outstanding emblems. We would describe what each was and what fell under it.

Also, as part of what they pass in to us, they can give the emblem a name and description. Though that might be up to the staff's discretion.

And let's wait and see what Galukzy says about the CSS.

What say you? :B

Elite Four Lucian

Years
    That is a fantastic idea, lets run with those categories, I like them. Now another thing I was thinking about was as you stated in your current post, how are we going to go about letting people vote for these?Also, do you think we should have judges, or just do it ourselves, Hiroshi said we could do the judgeing ourselfs.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    That is a fantastic idea, lets run with those categories, I like them. Now another thing I was thinking about was as you stated in your current post, how are we going to go about letting people vote for these?Also, do you think we should have judges, or just do it ourselves, Hiroshi said we could do the judgeing ourselfs.

You might as well judge it yourself or recruit a third judge like deku and I did. It's easier, quicker plus you yourself can decided it fits the theme or not.

Masqueraine

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2011
    Right now I'm a bit foggy as to how that's going to work. I don't know if we do judging ourselves after collecting votes from forum members, and then choose a certain number of winner out of those most voted for, and then pass those on to the staff for them to choose.. or if we're just supposed to set this thing up and let all the submissions roll in, then send that over to the staff.

Since we're the only event that needs staff supervision, I can't be sure.

Asking the staff is something we're going to have to do.

Last edited:

Masqueraine

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2011
    Alright well I've got to go for now, so if you've got any more suggestions throw em at me. When I get back I'll start working on a main post and put it here for you to review, then I'll look into getting us some CSS. Or you could throw one together, whatever you'd like.

Peace.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    I'm a She btw xD;

This is looking good, so far. I know how to do CSS to an extent and I thought as the winning prize was for the emblem that was the best, would be the prize. Unless, I've misread what has been posted, but I'm fine with what's been suggested so far and yeah, we might need some judges or another host, just for backup.

Masqueraine

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2011
    Alright, I'll get working on that main post now. And I don't really know anybody on this forum well, so you guys can choose whoever you'd like to back us up and I'll be fine with it. :)

Also sorry Galukxy, I got your name AND gender wrong! xD But I didn't get what you meant by this;

and I thought as the winning prize was for the emblem that was the best, would be the prize.

It's probably really obvious though. D: /slow

haha. :p

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    Alright, I'll get working on that main post now. And I don't really know anybody on this forum well, so you guys can choose whoever you'd like to back us up and I'll be fine with it. :)

Also sorry Galukxy, I got your name AND gender wrong! xD But I didn't get what you meant by this;

It's probably really obvious though. D: /slow

haha. :p

No need to worry.

I meant that the person who created the best emblem, would have their emblem become an official PC emblem as the prize, that's what I thought the prize would be.

Edit: I've just thought through who might be able to be a back up host or judge and I think that Charizard★ could be one because he volunteered for this event, but didn't get chosen. However, I don't really mind who's chosen or not.

Last edited:

Masqueraine

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2011
    honestly guys shoot me infract me etcetera but i don't have the time to do this. i'm really sorry but hopefully you can throw together a post with the ideas i contributed, between work and my course i cannot make the time to do this.

Elite Four Lucian

Years
    Well our event was most likely canceled, I really wish you would of said something before have Masq, so we had time to plan it further, but it is ok.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I'm able to do a CSS, haven't done one in a while, but I'll brush up on my skills. (Unless Galukxy wants to do it, then that's fine.) And as for the emblems do we have any? If not, how many does there have to be? What are the names of them? I can probably scrounge up some later on.

Elite Four Lucian

Years
    We don't have enough time to have CSS done. We don't need to give out emblems, because this is making an emblem, soo :P All we really need to do is post the thread up and get Hiroshi to approve it.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    We don't have enough time to have CSS done. We don't need to give out emblems, because this is making an emblem, soo :P All we really need to do is post the thread up and get Hiroshi to approve it.
    Wait, then what's the motive for making it? I could make something up really quick. And for the deadline, when do we have to post it up?

Elite Four Lucian

Years
    Ok, If you could, we could award 3 emblems, for the best and what not. Go ahead and do that when you have time. The Deadline is today, so we dont have much time.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019

Professional Artist
    Congratulations, you came in 1st place in the Emblem Sketcher's Competition in the 2011 Get-Together!

Upcoming Artist
    Congratulations, you came in 2nd place in the Emblem Sketcher's Competition in the 2011 Get-Together!

Debut Artist
    Congratulations, you came in 3rd place in the Emblem Sketcher's Competition in the 2011 Get-Together!

Beginning Artist
    You didn't quite make it in the top three places, but thanks for participating in the Emblem Sketcher's Competition in the 2011 Get-Together!

And then the first place winner could also get the emblem for emblem maker or whatever it's called.

Back