• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In YOUR end-o

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    Sexual Innuendo is just about everywhere in our media today. How do you feel about its usage?

In case you don't know what it is, a definition via the dictionary of Alley Cat, an innocent word or phrase that has double meaning, and can be taken in an often intentional sexual way.

For example:

"Sexual innuendo was funny until comedians started shoving it down my throat."
    -Oscar Wilde

The double-meaning part comes in when... I think if you don't realize it, then you shouldn't be a part of this thread. O_o

To keep this brief, and to actually allow room for discussion, I'll post my thoughts after a few others have.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • It's funny when it's used in a more mature fashion (there's a difference between tasteful and disgusting).

But as long as it's not tedious and actually makes you want to chuckle, it's definately one way to make a good laugh.

Norwegian Moose

Jedi Unicorn
    Years
  • I agree... I mean, a great example is "That's what she said". It's not funny just yelling TATS WAT SHE SAID!!11!!1! all the time; that's just immature and stupid. But when they are creative, they're quite hilarious! C:

Like my friend said during Star Wars... "Force choke? That's what she said..." haha xD

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    First of all, SCRUBS REFERENCE TITLES! Must do more of those.

I agree... I mean, a great example is "That's what she said". It's not funny just yelling TATS WAT SHE SAID!!11!!1! all the time; that's just immature and stupid. But when they are creative, they're quite hilarious! C:

Like my friend said during Star Wars... "Force choke? That's what she said..." haha xD

I complete agree. Having said that, you do sometimes see something like a "Thats what she said." that is just timed perfectly. These precious occasions and rare and must be cherished. That's what she said.

But yeah, I've nothing wrong with innuendo as long as it's executed well. Vague comparisons that are stupid are not funny. Obvious, overplayed entendres are not funny. Creativity is where the money is... That's what she said.

Back